this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Taste of Carnival 2022

Postby De Dragon » April 7th, 2022, 3:09 am

agent007 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Rovin wrote:what about d tobago jazz festival dat doh actually have any sort of jazz in it ....
No jazz this year but next year for sure. The same question remains , from what they spend to what is recieved does it make sound financial sense?

Several years ago, I think it was in the early days of the PNM’s first administration right after the Kamla led one, the MoF was posed with a similar question and his response was to also consider the multiplier effect.

Without proper data to support a conclusion, we can only speculate at least for now. To take your pov is simply the most rational way to think about it, but when we start to get technical on the economics of injecting money into the system by means of a project or venture, we can expect downstream benefits. This is beyond me but as much as I’m not a fan of that minister, I think he made some sense.

That's exactly the problem with this, and the dozens of other money pits we throw money into without cost-benefit analyses. Even when one is done (rapid rail), the price tag was ridiculous. Only in the public sector could such vast quantities of money be spent without the bare minimum checks and balances.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 7th, 2022, 4:30 am

De Dragon wrote:
agent007 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Rovin wrote:what about d tobago jazz festival dat doh actually have any sort of jazz in it ....
No jazz this year but next year for sure. The same question remains , from what they spend to what is recieved does it make sound financial sense?

Several years ago, I think it was in the early days of the PNM’s first administration right after the Kamla led one, the MoF was posed with a similar question and his response was to also consider the multiplier effect.

Without proper data to support a conclusion, we can only speculate at least for now. To take your pov is simply the most rational way to think about it, but when we start to get technical on the economics of injecting money into the system by means of a project or venture, we can expect downstream benefits. This is beyond me but as much as I’m not a fan of that minister, I think he made some sense.

That's exactly the problem with this, and the dozens of other money pits we throw money into without cost-benefit analyses. Even when one is done (rapid rail), the price tag was ridiculous. Only in the public sector could such vast quantities of money be spent without the bare minimum checks and balances.
Then we wonder why we always in defecit budget after defecit budget, continuously spending more than we earning on pie in a sky dreams. Well let's spend more than we earn on jazz and carnival. Probably next ten or twenty years the economy will pick up, ppl will forget about the crime and want to stay in trinidad and Tobago for more that just a week outside of those periods.I wonder if yall understand we in a DEPRESSION, just imspbut don't want to admit that right? When they knock on the IMF door, I wonder if they could tell them well we hadda cater millions every year for carnival for we Culture :S

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 7th, 2022, 7:36 am

If private individuals or industries what to fund carnivals then go right ahead. I have no problem with that investment.

However don't tell me that year after year tax payers is thrown at Carnival and operated at a loss. I am yet to hear government stated they made a profit from Carnival.

Then again why is government funding kaiso tents that incite racism, division and political persuasion.

For Eliteauto-Tun Tun to Say that the Hyatt is full for one week , proves that he's a total idiot.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 7th, 2022, 7:43 am

zoom rader wrote:If private individuals or industries what to fund carnivals then go right ahead. I have no problem with that investment.

However don't tell me that year after year tax payers is thrown at Carnival and operated at a loss. I am yet to hear government stated they made a profit from Carnival.

Then again why is government funding kaiso tents that incite racism, division and political persuasion.

For Eliteauto-Tun Tun to Say that the Hyatt is full for one week , proves that he's a total idiot.

Private sector involvement seems to be minimal and limited to sponsoring a pan side, or promoting their own products for sale like Carib, White Oak etc. Is this because they recognize the futility of actually investing in the other aspects?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 7th, 2022, 7:49 am

De Dragon wrote:
zoom rader wrote:If private individuals or industries what to fund carnivals then go right ahead. I have no problem with that investment.

Private sector involvement seems to be minimal and limited to sponsoring a pan side, or promoting their own products for sale like Carib, White Oak etc. Is this because they recognize the futility of actually investing in the other aspects?
No !

It is the government that is sponsoring these businesses.

Tax payers money is spent to hoist carnival but its big businesses that make the money on Carnival.

Whatever big businesses spends on Carnival they get a Tax write off, so in theory big businesses don't spend any money as we think.

Tax payers money is spent for big businesses to get a tax write off.

How stupid can this country be again

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 7th, 2022, 8:05 am

RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
zoom rader wrote:When folks explain the negatives of Carnival , pops up are the idiots that supports

Lawlessness & Crime
Carnival loans
unwanted baby kwames & keeshas
tax payers money wasted
supports racism via red government kaiso tents.
Hospital A&E filled for two days.
Unproductive workers.
A school week wasted.
Drunk driving from fetes
Noise pollution
Garbage
Traffic to and from fetes.
Morals lost for young women
Little Keesha learns to wines at age 3

^^^ All dat but a jack arse says Hyatt full.

When Carnival is over Becky and Chad goes back to Canada and Trinis are left to pick up the pieces and endure another year of hardships.

Continue, wat a jackarse country
All of that is interpreted as you being racist and therefore justifies everything you listed.

Realistic not racist :D

Red Owners only know hardships cause that's how the money is siphoned away to friends and family .

For the small brainers with X Box - While you in hardships someone high up making money

Meanwhile " Carnival is T&T Culture "
Change your name to blue vevo or something nah.I does associate red with the balisier crew

After you change back and have real salted pea pea nuts :D

After you stop being a racist and stop wearing grandma panties on boat rides ..

After you free the lil boys in your basement ..
1.Change back to what?
2.My cajones too big for regular drawers
3.Get back in my basement

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 7th, 2022, 12:43 pm

timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:
zoom rader wrote:When folks explain the negatives of Carnival , pops up are the idiots that supports

Lawlessness & Crime
Carnival loans
unwanted baby kwames & keeshas
tax payers money wasted
supports racism via red government kaiso tents.
Hospital A&E filled for two days.
Unproductive workers.
A school week wasted.
Drunk driving from fetes
Noise pollution
Garbage
Traffic to and from fetes.
Morals lost for young women
Little Keesha learns to wines at age 3

^^^ All dat but a jack arse says Hyatt full.

When Carnival is over Becky and Chad goes back to Canada and Trinis are left to pick up the pieces and endure another year of hardships.

Continue, wat a jackarse country
All of that is interpreted as you being racist and therefore justifies everything you listed.

Realistic not racist :D

Red Owners only know hardships cause that's how the money is siphoned away to friends and family .

For the small brainers with X Box - While you in hardships someone high up making money

Meanwhile " Carnival is T&T Culture "
Change your name to blue vevo or something nah.I does associate red with the balisier crew

After you change back and have real salted pea pea nuts :D

After you stop being a racist and stop wearing grandma panties on boat rides ..

After you free the lil boys in your basement ..
1.Change back to what?
2.My cajones too big for regular drawers
3.Get back in my basement

Let's keep the cajones a secret for now ..
Here is not the place and you out of timing ..

There are little children in this place :lol:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 7th, 2022, 1:32 pm

ROFL.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 7th, 2022, 8:53 pm

De "experience" jackarse keke gip gip crew gone silent. Like dey tired from Blaxx funeral?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 7th, 2022, 11:50 pm

Carnival is the opium of the stupid

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 8th, 2022, 2:15 am

Mmoney607 wrote:Carnival is the opium of the stupid

The opium of the stupid is Carnival .

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 8th, 2022, 12:39 pm

Taste of Carnival" generates $2.7M in revenue

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/taste-o ... f510c3f700

I smell BS, government approved 15 million. The" experience crew" is this how you run business, spending more than you earn?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 8th, 2022, 1:03 pm

hover11 wrote:Taste of Carnival" generates $2.7M in revenue

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/taste-o ... f510c3f700

I smell BS, government approved 15 million. The" experience crew" is this how you run business, spending more than you earn?
It's big business that make all the money at the expense of the tax paying public and the small man.

These very business " throw scraps" at a Pan side and claim a tax write right off.

Idiots like Eliteauto-Tun Tun will say that the Taxi man, mass maker and corn soup lady make the money. Yeah sure they make a lil money for 3 to 4wks in the year.

Carnival is a Con job from the Soka Mafia to the red Government.

Covid has proven that Trinidad does not need Carnival.
Last edited by zoom rader on April 8th, 2022, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 8th, 2022, 1:04 pm

so anybody who spends 15m & get back 2.7m will say aah boi dise wa we talkin bout, dise how to run bisnis

in b4 d defenders jump n say well d amt of publicity, world exposure & future earnings T&T will get from tourists & business investors cant be measured right away & will pay off in d future .... :roll:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 8th, 2022, 1:14 pm

Rovin wrote:so anybody who spends 15m & get back 2.7m will say aah boi dise wa we talkin bout, dise how to run bisnis

in b4 d defenders jump n say well d amt of publicity, world exposure & future earnings T&T will get from tourists & business investors cant be measured right away & will pay off in d future .... :roll:
Eliteauto Tun Tun will say the corn soup lady made a profit.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 8th, 2022, 1:16 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Rovin wrote:so anybody who spends 15m & get back 2.7m will say aah boi dise wa we talkin bout, dise how to run bisnis

Then suffer for the rest of year ..... makes sense

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 8th, 2022, 2:26 pm

hover11 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

People that use to make money in carnival are mass makers , they just used to go to country to country and ply their trade. Now you can order Costumes in China at a fraction of the price which eliminates the craftsmen. Panties cheap in China

Corn soup lady and Taxi man don't even have a visa.

But Hyatt booked for a week as eliteauto Tun Tun say salty for 51 weeks .

Logic

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 9th, 2022, 9:36 pm

zoom rader wrote:
hover11 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

People that use to make money in carnival are mass makers , they just used to go to country to country and ply their trade. Now you can order Costumes in China at a fraction of the price which eliminates the craftsmen. Panties cheap in China

Corn soup lady and Taxi man don't even have a visa.

But Hyatt booked for a week as eliteauto Tun Tun say salty for 51 weeks .

Logic

Zoom is Duane's alternative account .

It's a publicity stunt to increase market share .

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 20th, 2022, 2:24 pm

After $15M expenditure, 'Taste of Carnival' gets $471K in ticket sales

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/after-1 ... cket-sales

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 20th, 2022, 2:36 pm

hover11 wrote:After $15M expenditure, 'Taste of Carnival' gets $471K in ticket sales

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/after-1 ... cket-sales
The amazing Mumford at his best.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » April 20th, 2022, 4:00 pm

Wonder how much the vendors made?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 20th, 2022, 4:29 pm

The loop article states that only 311 tickets to dimanche gras were sold, bringing in 82.75k TTD.

Seems like NCC have some serious issues with security because there were at least 3x that many patrons there in the stands.

Too much friend ting, let friends in for free, take the money and give the tickets but not accounting for them.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 20th, 2022, 5:21 pm

NCC should be nothing but a facilitator. The state should withdraw financial support from Carnival except for marketing and small community groups. Privatize everything else and let the stakeholders invest in their own products. If you're good you'll make, if you buss then buss it

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 20th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Why is Carnival even being entertained?

Its a waste of productivity and does not benefit the country.

Get rid of it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 20th, 2022, 7:27 pm

eliteauto wrote:NCC should be nothing but a facilitator. The state should withdraw financial support from Carnival except for marketing and small community groups. Privatize everything else and let the stakeholders invest in their own products. If you're good you'll make, if you buss then buss it
In all ur years on tuner .

Take a ,

State should not be funding no Carnival. It should be banded

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 20th, 2022, 7:30 pm

MaxPower wrote:Why is Carnival even being entertained?

Its a waste of productivity and does not benefit the country.

Get rid of it.
The argument is some ppl spend money on cars, vacations and others want to spend money on Carnival.

I have no problem with them spending on what they like . But don't tell me that government should be funding Carnival.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2022, 7:34 pm

carnival has alway been a govt feeding trough
look how after they cut back prize money all them soca artistes abandon the competitions
and every year soca monarch man bawling he have no money but buying up half of st james

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 20th, 2022, 8:07 pm

Carnival could be the single highest drain of forex in Trinidad... aside from govt funding, imagine all the crap that's imported by distributers, stores, promoters, fete organizers etc.... just to eat, drink, dance, throw away and forget about the next day. What is the true hidden cost of Carnival... probably more than the 30 mil govt spends? And what is there to show for it... national pride?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 20th, 2022, 8:12 pm

Gladiator wrote:Carnival could be the single highest drain of forex in Trinidad... aside from govt funding, imagine all the crap that's imported by distributers, stores, promoters, fete organizers etc.... just to eat, drink, dance, throw away and forget about the next day. What is the true hidden cost of Carnival... probably more than the 30 mil govt spends? And what is there to show for it... national pride?
Allyuh just being edgelords

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 20th, 2022, 8:27 pm

so there weren't any sponsors this year?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”