Forums

Lumber Farming - Cedar

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Lumber Farming - Cedar

Postby evolution91 » January 25th, 2022, 10:54 am

Anyone here can share some info on lumber farming in trinidad, got some agriculture land but i have a full time job was thinking of making use of the land with a no maintenance activity such as planting 10 year cedar trees which can potentially reap some rewards in the near future, any advice ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Lumber Farming - Cedar

Postby 88sins » January 25th, 2022, 12:40 pm

evolution91 wrote:Anyone here can share some info on lumber farming in trinidad, got some agriculture land but i have a full time job was thinking of making use of the land with a no maintenance activity such as planting 10 year cedar trees which can potentially reap some rewards in the near future, any advice ?

you only think lumber farming is no maintenance. that ain't the case tho.
because in the start, you have to maintain them (cutting grass, weeding & moulding, providing water & if necessary fertilizer, checking for & eliminating pests, making sure to maintain a fire trail, etc). after some years you would have some less cutting and weeding to do, but the other things still must be done to some degree or other.

but go brave. is not a bad investment if you have sufficient acreage to make it profitable.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 25th, 2022, 12:56 pm

teak in high demand

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Postby evolution91 » January 25th, 2022, 2:02 pm

88sins wrote:
evolution91 wrote:Anyone here can share some info on lumber farming in trinidad, got some agriculture land but i have a full time job was thinking of making use of the land with a no maintenance activity such as planting 10 year cedar trees which can potentially reap some rewards in the near future, any advice ?

you only think lumber farming is no maintenance. that ain't the case tho.
because in the start, you have to maintain them (cutting grass, weeding & moulding, providing water & if necessary fertilizer, checking for & eliminating pests, making sure to maintain a fire trail, etc). after some years you would have some less cutting and weeding to do, but the other things still must be done to some degree or other.

but go brave. is not a bad investment if you have sufficient acreage to make it profitable.
Thanks i mean i know it would require some sort of maintenance but it would be less in comparison to perishable crops, ill weigh out my options

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 25th, 2022, 5:42 pm

plant teak....that 10 year cedar is a waste. My dad planted some in the early 90's and its not what was expected.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”