Re: Miss World Trinidad 2021

Postby matr1x » January 19th, 2022, 1:21 pm

Take the nis data with a gain of salt. Them records all over the place

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 19th, 2022, 3:18 pm

timelapse wrote:
88sins wrote:Plenty of allyuh really eh realize a very key factor.
She is NOT miss world, she is simply the T&T candidate. So, while she's claiming what she say is true and applicable to a wide swathofthepopulation, she is not in a position to influence the people who can advance her alleged cause, and is simply painting a picture of this country to look like a nation of suffering people for sympathy points.
And even if on the off chance she wins the pageant, she ain't going to do diddly squat for or about the suffering little girls she that she allegedly tries to help. Because these pageants are not about the candidates, or even the winners, much less the winners pet causes. They are about making money for the franchise, plain and simple.
What allyuh not realizing is what I posted earlier.
There are smaller events that guarantee a spot in the semi finals if you win them.This is one of them.Beauty with a cause.You have to highlight things that you have done personally to alleviate poverty and those kinds of things in your home country.This is a relevent platform.
Its not a UN scale humanitarian event,nor is it designed to be.
This is a possible spot in the semi finals guaranteed, not an attempt at politics.

A guarantee of one thing that is heavily dependent on the outcome of IF you win in another event, is not a guarantee at all.
That being said. It might increase your odds of success, but ain't nothing guaranteed in life other than death.

In any eventuality, whether she wins a spot for a chance to win the pageant, or the overall pageant, in either case, as history has shown, it is unlikely that she or those that come after her will have any effect worth anything that might benefit her cause, even if she used that cause as a means to the end in winning the pageant and threw an entire nation under the bus to do it.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 19th, 2022, 3:39 pm

88sins wrote:
timelapse wrote:
88sins wrote:Plenty of allyuh really eh realize a very key factor.
She is NOT miss world, she is simply the T&T candidate. So, while she's claiming what she say is true and applicable to a wide swathofthepopulation, she is not in a position to influence the people who can advance her alleged cause, and is simply painting a picture of this country to look like a nation of suffering people for sympathy points.
And even if on the off chance she wins the pageant, she ain't going to do diddly squat for or about the suffering little girls she that she allegedly tries to help. Because these pageants are not about the candidates, or even the winners, much less the winners pet causes. They are about making money for the franchise, plain and simple.
What allyuh not realizing is what I posted earlier.
There are smaller events that guarantee a spot in the semi finals if you win them.This is one of them.Beauty with a cause.You have to highlight things that you have done personally to alleviate poverty and those kinds of things in your home country.This is a relevent platform.
Its not a UN scale humanitarian event,nor is it designed to be.
This is a possible spot in the semi finals guaranteed, not an attempt at politics.

A guarantee of one thing that is heavily dependent on the outcome of IF you win in another event, is not a guarantee at all.
That being said. It might increase your odds of success, but ain't nothing guaranteed in life other than death.

In any eventuality, whether she wins a spot for a chance to win the pageant, or the overall pageant, in either case, as history has shown, it is unlikely that she or those that come after her will have any effect worth anything that might benefit her cause, even if she used that cause as a means to the end in winning the pageant and threw an entire nation under the bus to do it.
The 'cause' is self advancement.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 19th, 2022, 4:43 pm

nope.
The cause is simply the method of attracting attention to the topic. And attracting attention to something doesn't necessarily automatically equate to the solution. For the cause to be considered advancement, it must first be the reason for action.
Acknowledgement and causing attention to the fact that a man is starving to death makes for a nice story for strumming the heart strings, but in reality, all the attention means absolutely nothing if it doesn't have the effect of someone helping him with something to eat.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 19th, 2022, 5:09 pm

I have taken careful note of the heartfelt sentiments being expressed on social media in relation to a video clip of one segment of the Miss World pageant held in Puerto Rico in December 2021 which is scheduled to be concluded in March 2022.

I wish to reinstate this statement to address criticisms of and support by some over portions of what was widely disseminated on social media.

I start by again declaring that I am a patriotic daughter of our beautiful twin-island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. All my life, I dreamt of representing my country at the Miss World pageant and this dream became a reality when I was crowned Miss World T&T on January 31st, 2021.

As part of the journey of the Miss World Pageant, Beauty with a Purpose (BWAP) is a mandatory project showcasing the philanthropical work of each contestant in their country. I established The Brandt Beauty Foundation as part of my BWAP, with a core conviction for helping and giving back to the most in need throughout Trinidad and Tobago.

Poverty globally is a hard reality many choose to ignore and conceal. However, after extensive eye-opening visits to various remote communities nationwide with several constituency representatives, I took the solemn vow to bring as much relief to persons in numerous communities, as best as I can.

I have met families that lacked the basic infrastructure to live a standard life. I have met kids who have not attended school due to a lack of basic resources i.e. electricity, basic clothing, devices, running water and various devices to access the new learning environment induced by the pandemic. While I acknowledge that all of our citizens have free access to education, healthcare and other public services some cannot afford transport to attain these services.

BWAP allowed me to highlight to the world, the initiatives I took as Miss T&T to mitigate against these challenges.

I am aware that some persons who viewed my statements in the clip circulated in relation to one segment of the event are hurt and angry. This clip omits the full context of the whole Miss World event and the many aspects of how we portrayed the whole beauty of our respective countries as representatives.

In hindsight my statements could have been articulated better especially in the perfect hindsight of only sections of the event being circulated. My intention was not to sensationalize any level of poverty in Trinidad and Tobago but to demonstrate the solutions that I advocated for in my small way to bring relief whilst bringing awareness from a different perspective. I had just under 2 minutes to do this!

Through this all I remain committed to the principal cause of my efforts and I will continue to be focused and committed to shedding light on social issues that are often hidden from many.

Quite unfortunately I am also compelled to take note in this release of the erroneous claims circulating, as it relates to my biological father. I wish to categorically state on behalf of my parents Jeffrey and June-Ann, that those proclamations are untrue.

I wish to personally thank everyone who defended my efforts to represent our country in the best manner possible.

To those that took offense, I can only apologise for any hurt felt and to ask for the understanding that full context matters in everything said or done.

I remain humbled by this experience, as I continue my reign as Miss World Trinidad and Tobago as I continue to strive to represent our beloved country at the Miss World Pageant.

I look forward to your continued support.

Jeanine Brandt

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 19th, 2022, 5:28 pm

I fail to see how "beauty with a purpose" negates the point that Miss World is not a platform to disparage your country and its issues on the world stage? :|

And if you need to showcase your philanthropic work isn't it better just to say what you've done without prefacing it with a laundry list of embarrassing points about your country?

I'm wondering if this woman was coached properly on how to talk at this event.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 7:35 am

Even if you want to accept the 34% poverty rate (disputed that the number is much higher), against a population of 1.6 million, then half that to get your population of children, and even half that to get your population of girls, you get 144,500 girls in poverty. If you want to say that a quarter of that sleeping on no bed, on cold ground, you still land up with 36,125. That's alot

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2022, 7:45 am

Dat THOT is very much correct in what she said.

Issue is what has the red government done to help solve the problems that they created?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 20th, 2022, 7:56 am

Watch how all that 'charity work' done as soon as miss world done.

If she was serious, you would have heard mention of being in some kind of ngo whether it is lions, rotary or otherwise.You guys reading too much into this.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 20th, 2022, 7:57 am

If she really wanted to highlight Trinidad she could have mentioned we have the largest ammonia plant in the western hemisphere along with the other 'facts' she started. But that don't fit her narrative or end goal

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 20th, 2022, 7:59 am

zoom rader wrote:Dat THOT is very much correct in what she said.

Issue is what has the red government done to help solve the problems that they created?

A very correct statement :D

They ignore problems and they are in denial of the problems that exist for the average "supporter."

They refuse to do any development for their supporters - until they burn tires and threaten mayhem and chaos !!

Peeps who follow the philosophy of denial tend to be in denial themselves - generation after generation - Lost :roll:

In other words when you 20 foot deep in a hole how you seeing any light for consultation and discussions ? :roll:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 20th, 2022, 8:48 am

The migration of the things she is criticised for since this began is impressive.

That womans statement has shown TnTs true colors in more ways than encompassed in her words.

And she is YET to be proven wrong.
Last edited by Redman on January 20th, 2022, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 20th, 2022, 8:48 am

People don't fix what they don't see as a problem.
So, that being said,, it's clear that they don't see the that a large swath of the population that ketchin they nenen to even feed themselves is a problem, hence the abundance of inaction.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » January 20th, 2022, 9:15 am

alfa wrote:If she really wanted to highlight Trinidad she could have mentioned we have the largest ammonia plant in the western hemisphere along with the other 'facts' she started. But that don't fit her narrative or end goal

In all fairness she was under a timer, not giving a lecture. By the time she mention that, the military museum, Five Islands, Brian Lara party house and the Chinese Pitch Lake of LaBrea, they would have cut her off for the next participant.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » January 20th, 2022, 9:30 am

How come in 2022 these meat shows are still are thing?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 20th, 2022, 10:00 am

88sins wrote:

People don't fix what they don't see as a problem.
So, that being said,, it's clear that they don't see the that a large swath of the population that ketchin they nenen to even feed themselves is a problem, hence the abundance of inaction.
These are the same ppl that continue to vote Red and live in a pig pen

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 20th, 2022, 10:38 am

because they like it so

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 11:13 am

Women flock to the shows. They might say they hate it, but let one of them win. To them is the best thing ever

GVTrini07
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GVTrini07 » January 20th, 2022, 11:17 am

Apart from painting a picture that they want to paint, this is clearly exploitation of other people situation for personal gain. They knew this what was required and all videos presentations etc is geared towards the hopes of appearing favorable.

No different than any other forms of exploitation.

Why does charity and good will needs to come with a camera these days?

A spade is a spade, no matter how you dress it up.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 20th, 2022, 12:28 pm

GVTrini07 wrote:Apart from painting a picture that they want to paint, this is clearly exploitation of other people situation for personal gain. They knew this what was required and all videos presentations etc is geared towards the hopes of appearing favorable.

No different than any other forms of exploitation.

Why does charity and good will needs to come with a camera these days?

A spade is a spade, no matter how you dress it up.

somebody, please, get this man a beer.
like said in another thread last year, the moment you decide that you need to have a camera video record yourself doing charity work, it ceases to be charity and helping those in need and becomes your very own ego-booster and a self promotional marketing gimmick.

but this is trinidad, where people would ride a dead man back for months pretending they give a damn to get a position. so for her to ride a little girl's starving, homeless, poverty stricken back to win a pageant should not be a surprise to anybody

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 12:34 pm

Because, as a minister secretary told me a few years ago, on film you have proof.

Otherwise people doubt.

Cleared it up for you?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 20th, 2022, 12:53 pm

matr1x wrote:Because, as a minister secretary told me a few years ago, on film you have proof.

Otherwise people doubt.

Cleared it up for you?

clear as mud
because who exactly is asking for this "proof", and why?
in this instance, it looks much like the "proof" was collected to be used to advance her personal agenda, which was, to try to look good for the miss world judges.
So yes, she has "proof" of her "charitable?" actions, and now nobody will doubt the reasons why she made that video and did that so-called charity work

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 1:14 pm

You're new to politics or even public life, right?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 20th, 2022, 1:43 pm

Last edited by bluefete on January 20th, 2022, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 20th, 2022, 2:55 pm

88sins wrote:
matr1x wrote:Because, as a minister secretary told me a few years ago, on film you have proof.

Otherwise people doubt.

Cleared it up for you?

clear as mud
because who exactly is asking for this "proof", and why?
in this instance, it looks much like the "proof" was collected to be used to advance her personal agenda, which was, to try to look good for the miss world judges.
So yes, she has "proof" of her "charitable?" actions, and now nobody will doubt the reasons why she made that video and did that so-called charity work
You still not reading anything I saying to you.The Beauty with a Purpose people will need the proof.Understand the context

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 20th, 2022, 3:02 pm

matr1x wrote:You're new to politics or even public life, right?

it's ok if you think so

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 6:07 pm

And it's also for dummies here who will doubt they do charity work

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 20th, 2022, 6:47 pm

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7