Forums

Miss World Trinidad 2021

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Miss World Trinidad 2021

Postby j.o.e » January 21st, 2022, 7:31 am

alfa wrote:If she really wanted to highlight Trinidad she could have mentioned we have the largest ammonia plant in the western hemisphere along with the other 'facts' she started. But that don't fit her narrative or end goal

She was asked to speak about her “beauty with a purpose” project in 2 mins. Exactly how do you talk about an ammonia plant there ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 21st, 2022, 7:35 am

lolllllllllll

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 21st, 2022, 8:30 am

j.o.e wrote:
alfa wrote:If she really wanted to highlight Trinidad she could have mentioned we have the largest ammonia plant in the western hemisphere along with the other 'facts' she started. But that don't fit her narrative or end goal

She was asked to speak about her “beauty with a purpose” project in 2 mins. Exactly how do you talk about an ammonia plant there ?
Finally somebody that understands English.

I'm sure the people that ask those questions would also ask why she didn't pull out the "And our carnival is the greatest show in the world"
Context and relevence is a hard thing for some people to understand yes

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 21st, 2022, 9:17 am

She took on a cause she believed in. Here is the thing, did anyone consider that she did her research, and what she is saying is actually true?

Or is it that we taking the approach that, well she pretty and have an accent so she must be dumb

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 21st, 2022, 9:54 am

matr1x wrote:She took on a cause she believed in. Here is the thing, did anyone consider that she did her research, and what she is saying is actually true?

Or is it that we taking the approach that, well she pretty and have an accent so she must be dumb
Is not that nah.
They not understanding where and why those things were said, and why the project in question was done.
People confusing it with politics and tourism PR and all kinds of irrelevant things.It wasn't a UN summit. I for one don't care about her and her project, but the level of ignorance by people annoys me.
If she wasn't related to a politician or a known public figure, what would have been the case?

Lets assume she said she started a wildlife conservation project where she removes litter from the beaches because of the high level of polution and had to give a report on it.Would it be relevant to talk about an ammonia plant or steelpan?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 21st, 2022, 2:33 pm

timelapse wrote:
matr1x wrote:She took on a cause she believed in. Here is the thing, did anyone consider that she did her research, and what she is saying is actually true?

Is not that nah.
They not understanding where and why those things were said, and why the project in question was done.
People confusing it with politics and tourism PR and all kinds of irrelevant things.It wasn't a UN summit. I for one don't care about her and her project, but the level of ignorance by people annoys me.
If she wasn't related to a politician or a known public figure, what would have been the case?

Lets assume she said she started a wildlife conservation project where she removes litter from the beaches because of the high level of polution and had to give a report on it.Would it be relevant to talk about an ammonia plant or steelpan?

If she did black/Indo it woulda be worse :lol: (Kidding for the LFD RFR PNM 2NR Racist Police)
Seriously, who will remember this next week? Multiply that by 10000000000 for foreigners. Nobody but sensitive, dumb locals beating up, just like when Michael B. Jordan wanted to name his rum Jouvert.
Half of them eh doing sheit to help nobody, but vex when somebody point out how they're actually helping somebody. Maybe they wanted her to help people in Westmoorings?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 21st, 2022, 3:03 pm

After all that beat up:

Miss T&T has made the semifinals of Miss World 2021

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm

Somalia, there is a joke in there somewhere about a poverty stricken place putting forward someone slim

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 21st, 2022, 3:25 pm

I still fail to understand how "Beauty with a Purpose" gives her or anyone the right to preface their speech in a Miss World competition about all the ills of their country.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 21st, 2022, 3:30 pm

DMan7 wrote:I still fail to understand how "Beauty with a Purpose" gives her or anyone the right to preface their speech in a Miss World competition about all the ills of their country.

All the ills?

She did not even start to talk about PNM and UNC corruption!!!!!!

Congratulations to her moving on though.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 21st, 2022, 3:30 pm

bluefete wrote:
DMan7 wrote:I still fail to understand how "Beauty with a Purpose" gives her or anyone the right to preface their speech in a Miss World competition about all the ills of their country.

All the ills?

And let's not forget the biggest ills of all West Indies cricket. :lol:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 21st, 2022, 3:33 pm

DMan7 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

All the ills?

And let's not forget the biggest ills of all West Indies cricket. :lol:

LOLZ. So true. BIG (?) game this weekend.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 21st, 2022, 3:35 pm

the Muslim will be part of swimsuit competition ?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 21st, 2022, 4:34 pm

pugboy wrote:the Muslim will be part of swimsuit competition ?

Ent dey stop dat?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 21st, 2022, 4:52 pm

anyone ever saw miss saudi arabia or miss uae etc? do they usually do well?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”