Postby K74T » January 18th, 2022, 5:38 pm

Homegrown terrie

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Police Use Tear Gas on Protesters.

Postby zoom rader » January 18th, 2022, 5:46 pm

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Guys I’m sorry but let me be honest.

It pleases me that the protestors were gassed.

But i don’t agree with selective gassing.

Gas everybody who is getting out of line.

Children should also be kept far away from protesting as possible and not be used for sympathy.
Hitler and now Rowlee gassing people.

Carry on Trinidad and take bull

Its two different type of gas bro.

One does kill, the other does run dey mc.

But yeh take bull.
No son, that is how Hitler stated out .

Rowlee follow the same pattern. Black people in Trinidad getting killed everyday by murders and beaten daily

Hile Hitler is the same as saying geat is the red government

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 20th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Umar get arrested and charged within 48 hours and weeks later we still waiting on Scoon son charges?
Typical LFD RFD PNM mentality and stink attitude, but when you have tp Colos (thanks sins) as an example of the kind of dotish exhibited by their supporters, you begin to understand why thing are how they are under JUHN Scarfy and Co. The toughest part, which I'll never fully understand, is dummies like Colos and Tuntsy, Cokey Eye Tokesy etc, have it worst than most people, but I guess when Toolum Head Massa brainwashes you, you're apparently dotish and blind for your entire life.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 21st, 2022, 11:19 am

TT TEAR GAS VICTIMS SERVE PRE ACTION PROTOCOL LETTER ON ACTING TOP COP
...Wife, Husband, Children Give Jacob 28 Days To Furnish Identity of Officer Who Authorized Sunday's Firing Of Tear Gas Plus Written TTPS Policy Regulating Its Use

PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD (Thursday January 20, 2021): COMMISSIONER Of Police McDonald Jacob has been given 28 days to respond to a pre action protocol legal letter seeking clear answers following Sunday's indiscriminate and injudicious firing of tear gas at Queen's Park Savannah by TTPS officers.

The legal letter was served on Jacob via email today by attorneys representing a wife, husband and their children, who were tear gas victims.

In the letter, signed by attorney at law Dinesh Rambally on behalf of the legal team representing the tear gas victims, Jacob was warned that should he fail to respond within 28 days, firm instructions have been given "to institute a civil claim for trespass to person and/or tortious assault and battery perpetrated against our clients."

FOLLOWING is the full text of the pre action protocol letter:

20th January 2022
“By Email”
Mr. McDonald Jacob
Acting Commissioner of Police
Police Administration Building
Corner of Sackville and Edward Streets
Port of Spain

Dear Mr. Jacob,

Re: Tear Gas Incident on 16th January, 2022

I write with reference to the above-captioned matter wherein I act with Mr. Prakash Ramadhar, Mr. Kiel Taklalsingh, Mr. Stefan Ramkissoon and Ms. Rhea Khan, for Mr. Javed Daniel, his wife, Judine Bonaparte along with their children, Idris Daniel (five years old) and Zakariyya Daniel (four years old).

1. On Sunday 16th of January, 2022 our clients were present at the Queen’s Park Savannah. They were participating in a peaceful “pray and reflect” event which was taking place at the Queen’s Park Savannah. Like all citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, our clients enjoy the constitutional rights of freedom of assembly, freedom of expression and freedom of movement.

2. From our clients’ observations, the persons who were at the Queen’s Park Savannah were not involved in any illegal, hostile or disruptive activities. There was no destruction of public property, acts of violence or unruly behavior that could justify either (a) police intervention or (b) the deployment of forceful crowd suppression tactics. At no point in time were our clients warned or told by Police Officers that they were engaged in illegal activity or that their conduct constituted a threat to public order or was infringing any law, regulation or policy.

3. At or around 1 pm, our clients were in the vicinity of TGIF restaurant when they noticed a large contingent of heavily armed Police Officers in riot gear moving towards persons that were present at the Savannah. Thereafter, without prior notice, rhyme or reason, the police started to indiscriminately fire teargas canisters at the people there.
4. Again, without warning, gas canisters were fired in the proximity of my clients which caused them to become fearful for their safety and apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force. Upon impact, the said canister began dispersing a noxious substance which my clients have now come to understand was tear gas. My clients tried to flee the area as fast and as best as they could, however the tear gas surrounded them within a matter of seconds and they were all exposed and forced to inhale the said gas. The surrounding area was overwhelmed with tear gas.

5. The exposure to the said gas traumatized our clients. They experienced severe difficulty in breathing; Idris and Zakariyya began screaming in pain and fear. Our clients instruct that they immediately felt nauseous while at the same time experiencing a strong burning sensation in their lungs and eyes. The children described that they felt as if they were choking and at the same time wanting to throw-up. As my clients began making their way out of the surrounding gas, several persons, presumably recognizing the severity of their situation, rushed to their aid and began administering water to our clients’ eyes and faces in an attempt to soothe the effects of the said gas.

6. Our clients continued to experience the said symptoms over the next 48 hours. However, while the physical symptoms have now dissipated, Idris and Zakariyya have both expressed to their parents a fear of going out in public and in particular, of returning to the vicinity of the Queen’s Park Savannah. Idris, who had often previously imagined being a Police Officer has told his parents that he is afraid of the Police and no longer wishes to become a Police Officer. He has told his father that “police are bad guys because they make smoke burn your eyes”. Our clients are currently seeking counselling for Idris and Zakariyya and we will provide a medical report after an assessment has taken place.

7. Despite the unjustified, excessive and indiscriminate use of tear gas by the Police, it was even more disturbing that there were no medical personnel and/or equipment present when the Police took the decision to use tear gas. Our clients have become anxious over the fact that had the effects of the tear gas been more severe they would not have had access to urgent medical assistance and the well-being of their family could have been severely compromised.

The jurisprudence on the use of tear gas has established that the burden of necessitous infliction of harm on an individual by a public officer in the purported performance of public functions in the public interest should be borne by the said public officer. In other words, the burden of proving and justifying the necessity for the use of tear gas by the police on the day in question rests upon the shoulders of the police and the specific officer who took the decision to authorize the use of tear gas.
The use of tear gas on our clients, in the manner aforementioned, constitutes prima facie tortious assault and battery upon our clients. The continued threat of tear gas being used by the police in the context of my clients’ presence at the Queen’s Park Savannah while they were merely engaging in reverent prayer and reflection, raises a myriad of constitutional concerns for which our client intends to take advice and write to the Attorney General in due course.
In the circumstances, and given your burden to justify the use of tear gas on our clients, we request the following items of disclosure:
●1. A copy of any written policy regulating the use of tear gas by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service;
●2. Reasons for the use of teargas on the 16th of January, 2022 in the vicinity of the Queen’s Park Savannah;
●3. Any contemporaneous note and/or record cataloguing the use of and justification for deploying tear gas on the said date;
●4. The identity of the officer who decided to authorize the use of tear gas on the 16th of January, 2022;
Should you not respond to this letter within 28 days, we have received firm instructions to institute a civil claim for trespass to person and/or tortious assault and battery perpetrated against our clients.

Please be guided accordingly.
Yours faithfully,

Dinesh Rambally
Attorney at Law

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 21st, 2022, 11:30 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
TT TEAR GAS VICTIMS SERVE PRE ACTION PROTOCOL LETTER ON ACTING TOP COP
...Wife, Husband, Children Give Jacob 28 Days To Furnish Identity of Officer Who Authorized Sunday's Firing Of Tear Gas Plus Written TTPS Policy Regulating Its Use

PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD (Thursday January 20, 2021): COMMISSIONER Of Police McDonald Jacob has been given 28 days to respond to a pre action protocol legal letter seeking clear answers following Sunday's indiscriminate and injudicious firing of tear gas at Queen's Park Savannah by TTPS officers.

The legal letter was served on Jacob via email today by attorneys representing a wife, husband and their children, who were tear gas victims.

In the letter, signed by attorney at law Dinesh Rambally on behalf of the legal team representing the tear gas victims, Jacob was warned that should he fail to respond within 28 days, firm instructions have been given "to institute a civil claim for trespass to person and/or tortious assault and battery perpetrated against our clients."

FOLLOWING is the full text of the pre action protocol letter:

20th January 2022
“By Email”
Mr. McDonald Jacob
Acting Commissioner of Police
Police Administration Building
Corner of Sackville and Edward Streets
Port of Spain

Dear Mr. Jacob,

Re: Tear Gas Incident on 16th January, 2022

I write with reference to the above-captioned matter wherein I act with Mr. Prakash Ramadhar, Mr. Kiel Taklalsingh, Mr. Stefan Ramkissoon and Ms. Rhea Khan, for Mr. Javed Daniel, his wife, Judine Bonaparte along with their children, Idris Daniel (five years old) and Zakariyya Daniel (four years old).

1. On Sunday 16th of January, 2022 our clients were present at the Queen’s Park Savannah. They were participating in a peaceful “pray and reflect” event which was taking place at the Queen’s Park Savannah. Like all citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, our clients enjoy the constitutional rights of freedom of assembly, freedom of expression and freedom of movement.

2. From our clients’ observations, the persons who were at the Queen’s Park Savannah were not involved in any illegal, hostile or disruptive activities. There was no destruction of public property, acts of violence or unruly behavior that could justify either (a) police intervention or (b) the deployment of forceful crowd suppression tactics. At no point in time were our clients warned or told by Police Officers that they were engaged in illegal activity or that their conduct constituted a threat to public order or was infringing any law, regulation or policy.

3. At or around 1 pm, our clients were in the vicinity of TGIF restaurant when they noticed a large contingent of heavily armed Police Officers in riot gear moving towards persons that were present at the Savannah. Thereafter, without prior notice, rhyme or reason, the police started to indiscriminately fire teargas canisters at the people there.
4. Again, without warning, gas canisters were fired in the proximity of my clients which caused them to become fearful for their safety and apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force. Upon impact, the said canister began dispersing a noxious substance which my clients have now come to understand was tear gas. My clients tried to flee the area as fast and as best as they could, however the tear gas surrounded them within a matter of seconds and they were all exposed and forced to inhale the said gas. The surrounding area was overwhelmed with tear gas.

5. The exposure to the said gas traumatized our clients. They experienced severe difficulty in breathing; Idris and Zakariyya began screaming in pain and fear. Our clients instruct that they immediately felt nauseous while at the same time experiencing a strong burning sensation in their lungs and eyes. The children described that they felt as if they were choking and at the same time wanting to throw-up. As my clients began making their way out of the surrounding gas, several persons, presumably recognizing the severity of their situation, rushed to their aid and began administering water to our clients’ eyes and faces in an attempt to soothe the effects of the said gas.

6. Our clients continued to experience the said symptoms over the next 48 hours. However, while the physical symptoms have now dissipated, Idris and Zakariyya have both expressed to their parents a fear of going out in public and in particular, of returning to the vicinity of the Queen’s Park Savannah. Idris, who had often previously imagined being a Police Officer has told his parents that he is afraid of the Police and no longer wishes to become a Police Officer. He has told his father that “police are bad guys because they make smoke burn your eyes”. Our clients are currently seeking counselling for Idris and Zakariyya and we will provide a medical report after an assessment has taken place.

7. Despite the unjustified, excessive and indiscriminate use of tear gas by the Police, it was even more disturbing that there were no medical personnel and/or equipment present when the Police took the decision to use tear gas. Our clients have become anxious over the fact that had the effects of the tear gas been more severe they would not have had access to urgent medical assistance and the well-being of their family could have been severely compromised.

The jurisprudence on the use of tear gas has established that the burden of necessitous infliction of harm on an individual by a public officer in the purported performance of public functions in the public interest should be borne by the said public officer. In other words, the burden of proving and justifying the necessity for the use of tear gas by the police on the day in question rests upon the shoulders of the police and the specific officer who took the decision to authorize the use of tear gas.
The use of tear gas on our clients, in the manner aforementioned, constitutes prima facie tortious assault and battery upon our clients. The continued threat of tear gas being used by the police in the context of my clients’ presence at the Queen’s Park Savannah while they were merely engaging in reverent prayer and reflection, raises a myriad of constitutional concerns for which our client intends to take advice and write to the Attorney General in due course.
In the circumstances, and given your burden to justify the use of tear gas on our clients, we request the following items of disclosure:
●1. A copy of any written policy regulating the use of tear gas by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service;
●2. Reasons for the use of teargas on the 16th of January, 2022 in the vicinity of the Queen’s Park Savannah;
●3. Any contemporaneous note and/or record cataloguing the use of and justification for deploying tear gas on the said date;
●4. The identity of the officer who decided to authorize the use of tear gas on the 16th of January, 2022;
Should you not respond to this letter within 28 days, we have received firm instructions to institute a civil claim for trespass to person and/or tortious assault and battery perpetrated against our clients.

Please be guided accordingly.
Yours faithfully,

Dinesh Rambally
Attorney at Law
Rowlee is the one who authorised gassing ppl

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 21st, 2022, 11:31 am

trinidad is not a real place

banana republic ftl ......

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 21st, 2022, 2:24 pm

Damn UNC lawyers from south again :roll:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 21st, 2022, 4:22 pm

De Dragon wrote:Umar get arrested and charged within 48 hours and weeks later we still waiting on Scoon son charges?
Typical LFD RFD PNM mentality and stink attitude, but when you have tp Colos (thanks sins) as an example of the kind of dotish exhibited by their supporters, you begin to understand why thing are how they are under JUHN Scarfy and Co. The toughest part, which I'll never fully understand, is dummies like Colos and Tuntsy, Cokey Eye Tokesy etc, have it worst than most people, but I guess when Toolum Head Massa brainwashes you, you're apparently dotish and blind for your entire life.

Yawn.

Youve gotten repetitive in your blather.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 21st, 2022, 4:29 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Umar get arrested and charged within 48 hours and weeks later we still waiting on Scoon son charges?

Yawn.

And your man crush for all LFD RFD PNM big boys remains undiminished. Doh worry, when they feeling for a different pleb's anus, you might get a call up from the standby list

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 21st, 2022, 4:48 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:

Yawn.

And your man crush for all LFD RFD PNM big boys remains undiminished. Doh worry, when they feeling for a different pleb's anus, you might get a call up from the standby list

This is what you spend time thinking about?
Your concern is appreciated.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 21st, 2022, 5:39 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:

Yawn.

This is what you spend time thinking about?
Your concern is appreciated.

Like you don't long for a A Side call up from the big sawatees and dem! :lol: Doh worry,mebbe dey go tire of whoever fobs dey presently beating out, and yuh go get ah sub in. Just make sure to keep doing yuh Kegels and staying fit.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”