this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: The Bedroom Music Studio Ched

Postby aaron17 » December 10th, 2021, 5:06 am

KM_2NR wrote:
st7 wrote:

ok i decided to share this one - Food is Good (demo)

instruments re-recorded this year while the vocals are from 10+ years ago (yes i know my vocals arent great). this isn't my challenge entry btw

edit: the intro is a can opening but soundcloud starts it some micro seconds in lol

Your track inspired me to write a quick something about food
I had doubles this afternoon and was thinking if they raised the price I don't think I could justify buying it anymore thus , don't raise the price of doubles was born. I guess we just jonesing off cuz I not taking this too serious haha
https://soundcloud.com/blues_89/dont-raise

ALso if we could change the thread name to ' The Home Studio Ched" that would be sick! lol
Cool ..for now i trying to work on my take on hans zimmer time...ah downtempo kinda vibes

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 11th, 2021, 9:59 am

aaron17 wrote:My other track:

https://soundcloud.com/gt4ever/exxor

Between this and the Sunny Lax remix, you have me nostalgic about my uplifting trance days oui. I like the Sunny Lax remix but Exxor take it for me. Nice energy! Listened to it bout 5 times already, lol

And thanks for the tinnitus vid, will def check it out cuz the lil reading I did was basically telling you how to manage it and live with it.

st7 wrote:

instruments re-recorded this year while the vocals are from 10+ years ago (yes i know my vocals arent great). this isn't my challenge entry btw

edit: the intro is a can opening but soundcloud starts it some micro seconds in lol

Hossssss take win with that :lol: Good way to start off the day LOL

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 11th, 2021, 10:15 am

Soul Collector wrote:

Between this and the Sunny Lax remix, you have me nostalgic about my uplifting trance days oui. I like the Sunny Lax remix but Exxor take it for me. Nice energy! Listened to it bout 5 times already, lol

And thanks for the tinnitus vid, will def check it out cuz the lil reading I did was basically telling you how to manage it and live with it.

st7 wrote:

hahaha thanks. atm i trying to do some vocal exercises which i hoping can help improve my singing cause i want my song entry to have vocals.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 11th, 2021, 10:28 am

st7 wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

st7 wrote:

Hossssss take win with that Good way to start off the day LOL

hahaha thanks. atm i trying to do some vocal exercises which i hoping can help improve my singing cause i want my song entry to have vocals.
My song entry has to have vocals.Been ruining my voice for the last few days to get my vocal fry back

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 11th, 2021, 11:20 am

timelapse wrote:
st7 wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:

st7 wrote:

Hossssss take win with that Good way to start off the day LOL

My song entry has to have vocals.Been ruining my voice for the last few days to get my vocal fry back
haha nice

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 11th, 2021, 11:28 am

hmmm 5 pages this bedroom bully music thread reach aready ...... :lol:

do ur ting guys ..... 8-)

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 11th, 2021, 2:50 pm

Soul Collector wrote:

st7 wrote:

Much appreciated

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 11th, 2021, 6:36 pm

KM_2NR wrote:That's pretty unfortunate. I leave any place immediately that has extreme decibel levels , the only time i'll tolerate loud audio is when I'm on stage besides that nada . I doh even drive to with music on most days. I really enjoy silence for some reason. Safe decibel level should be anything that doesn't bother or irritate you. Moderation is key.

Apple Watch has a noise level sensor and alerts you when db levels get unsafe. Also tracks your daily decibel level in your environment.

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/n ... cb/watchos

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2021, 7:45 am

I generally am in the 60-70 db range when recording/mixing, especially with mic'd guitar cabs.Find the quietist listening level that your environment will allow.Everything sounds better loud.Quiet is when you find your mistakes. If I am mastering, i take a couple passes through my crappiest homemade monitors (a pair of earthquake 6.5 inch pro).
Rule of thumb with monitors.What your monitors are good at, your mix will be bad at.
So is usually good to have a couple types of listening devices, earbuds, good headphones,bad headphones, good monitors,bad monitors etc

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 12th, 2021, 8:29 am

timelapse, spoke to my friend yesterday and he said something along those lines ^

That if all you have are crappy speakers or what have you, get a track you're very familiar with that's mastered properly, and run it on your set up and see how it sounds. Compare the properly mastered track which you know the ins and outs of, to a crappy quality one and try to spot key differences so that you can try to mimic that sound in your final mix. It's not perfect, but it's working with what you got. He went into a lot more detail but hoping he passes thru the thread some time.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 12th, 2021, 12:11 pm

Soul Collector wrote:timelapse, spoke to my friend yesterday and he said something along those lines ^

That if all you have are crappy speakers or what have you, get a track you're very familiar with that's mastered properly, and run it on your set up and see how it sounds. Compare the properly mastered track which you know the ins and outs of, to a crappy quality one and try to spot key differences so that you can try to mimic that sound in your final mix. It's not perfect, but it's working with what you got. He went into a lot more detail but hoping he passes thru the thread some time.
My benchmark track is Marilyn Manson Coma White .Perfect mix of analog and digital recording imo.There is also hard panning with guitars.One guitar on the left,one on the right playing different things.I know exactly how to get those sounds IRL.
Find a song you intimate with

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 12th, 2021, 5:43 pm

i record directly into this with guitar, usually directly connected. i never tried using the output from my pedal into it as i doh think it really makes sense, but i can play around with the VST amps instead and get a decent tone.

i not bad with mixing especially with volume, but i am pretty bad at setting the proper frequencies for each instrument lol

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 15th, 2021, 11:08 am

Bump

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » December 15th, 2021, 3:03 pm

Anyone have ideas to come up with a stage name or band name or maybe y'all gunna have your music under your government name? Also is the concept of a band dead?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 15th, 2021, 3:33 pm

KM_2NR wrote:Anyone have ideas to come up with a stage name or band name or maybe y'all gunna have your music under your government name? Also is the concept of a band dead?
Was struggling with this for a while.Band name is a major part of setting the concept for music.
Finally got one this week in a dream.Checked it online, nobody has it.So yeah.Will share it as I go along.As for a band, the NIN approach for now.I am the only band member except for live

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 15th, 2021, 5:28 pm

timelapse wrote:
KM_2NR wrote:Anyone have ideas to come up with a stage name or band name or maybe y'all gunna have your music under your government name? Also is the concept of a band dead?
Was struggling with this for a while.Band name is a major part of setting the concept for music.
Finally got one this week in a dream.Checked it online, nobody has it.So yeah.Will share it as I go along.As for a band, the NIN approach for now.I am the only band member except for live

i've gone with T.I.M. since 2009 i think even though it's just me... acronym for The Idiot Monkeez

times...sorry if i took yuh name :P

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 15th, 2021, 6:15 pm

I came up with Drowning Tree

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 16th, 2021, 8:11 am

Here it is..hans zimmer inspired..
I wanted to create something original( my take ) but with some inspiration...
Soon I will do a remix of it...more techno-ish

https://soundcloud.com/gt4ever/hope?si= ... al_sharing

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 18th, 2021, 10:36 am

aaron17 wrote:Here it is..hans zimmer inspired..

Now got around to listening. Liking the concept of this rework. Only have a small bluetooth speaker to play right now, no headphones, but I seemed to be hearing a constant sorta static throughout, like a loud sweep element. Not sure if it's the speaker or what, so apart from that...I like the dramatic vibe to it, good take. Looking forward to the more techno driven one....maybe I can drop it in a set if it fits with some stuff I got. Keep the tunes coming bruh, liking where this is headed.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 18th, 2021, 4:32 pm

Soul Collector wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Here it is..hans zimmer inspired..

Now got around to listening. Liking the concept of this rework. Only have a small bluetooth speaker to play right now, no headphones, but I seemed to be hearing a constant sorta static throughout, like a loud sweep element. Not sure if it's the speaker or what, so apart from that...I like the dramatic vibe to it, good take. Looking forward to the more techno driven one....maybe I can drop it in a set if it fits with some stuff I got. Keep the tunes coming bruh, liking where this is headed.

much appreciated..always have something to learn from mistakes..

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 23rd, 2022, 6:18 pm

Last edited by aaron17 on January 24th, 2022, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

The Bedroom Music Studio Ched

Postby Soul Collector » January 23rd, 2022, 11:15 pm

Man jump out d hole with sumn nice there! Liking this one a lot... it on repeat here.

Melancholic and suspenseful yet uplifting at the same time. Niceness bro.

Nice choon to start off a sunrise session to, early morning vibes... the time I seem to like mixing the most.
Mind linking me a copy?

ps: It's a lot softer in volume compared to other tracks in general. Guess that's a mastering thing?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 24th, 2022, 6:12 am

Yea thanks much...i tried not to make the bass and the kickdrum overpower this time around. It seems to me that i get alot of breathing room for other instruments to be in the mix that way... ppl keep telling me to somehow sell my music but idk how to do that. I always finding faults in my sounds. At least i does create some unique sounds tho... maybe that could be a selling point...idk. i was thinking of sending something to anjunabeats.
Lol i remember since 2005 ..i think my sounds were sounding bess that i managed to send an email to armin...but nothing happened.

I also was thinking ...to give this track to a sound engineer of some sort to mixdown the entire thing...to pay them. They have more knowledge than me. What u all think?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » January 24th, 2022, 4:11 pm

I'd say go for it. Before you submit anything to a label make sure it's mixed good first by someone with the experience. Sure you'll pick up on the improvements made to emulate them yourself in future mixes.

Sure you know how huge Anjuna is, so maybe send to some other smaller labels as well while you at it. Good luck!

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 24th, 2022, 6:53 pm

thx..........

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 25th, 2022, 6:53 am

Know any good one?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 29th, 2022, 11:49 am

........working on another killer chiller!

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » January 31st, 2022, 9:23 pm

https://soundcloud.com/blues_89/breakdown
Decided to go slightly heavier for the new year :evilbat:

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 1st, 2022, 12:39 am

^Not bad. You doing the drumming?

Got some songs (most of them incomplete) but too chickensh!t to share with anyone. Was thinking using a drum machine to help get them more completed and hopefully give me the kick in the arse necessary to getting inspired again.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 1st, 2022, 7:14 am

Same here.I started over 15 tracks.None finished.I am actually considering buying a stand alone drum sequencer.Connect my midi pad to it and things easy

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”