TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Appointments for DP renewal booked till January?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Appointments for DP renewal booked till January?

Postby redmanjp » December 1st, 2021, 10:42 pm

Is licensing still doing DP renewals by appointments only?

I went on their website and apparently all of December and several days in January seem to be booked!

So someone who's DP expiring next week have to wait that long? Not asking for me but my dad wanted to know how to make an appointment to renew his.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Appointments for DP renewal booked till January?

Postby Gem_in_i » December 2nd, 2021, 5:46 am

Yes it is booked. Yes, he will make the appointment Online.
Try checking early mornings, at different locations, sometimes something opens up.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 2nd, 2021, 5:51 am

Dps are valid till Feb 22

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » December 2nd, 2021, 9:30 am

I went to the sando office last week to collect a certified copy. I had an appointment for 830am. Got there and had to line up. The cashier didn’t show up until 9am so everything was delayed because apparently there is only one cashier. After they opened the gate the person in charge made 3 lines. One for certified copies, one for transfers and one for permits. So of course there was mass confusion with everybody trying to figure out which line was for what. Total chaos in the hot morning sun.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 2nd, 2021, 9:33 am

sounds about right.

do they validate your appointments or do people just show up?

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » December 2nd, 2021, 10:11 am

Had an appointment last week after making an appointment in August for a renewal. Yes approximately 4 months i had to wait. My permit expired September.

Process was pretty smooth once you had all the documents (old DP, application form, appointment confirmation and utility bill). I was in and out within an hour.

st7 wrote:sounds about right.

do they validate your appointments or do people just show up?

And yes. they validate your appointment, manually and digitally. You're supposed to walk with your appointment confirmation printed.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 2nd, 2021, 10:16 am

printed?! they dont even take it on your phone? lol

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2021, 10:17 am

well yes 4 flicking months- that is now the new normal for the foreseeable future - thanks antivaxxers.

i hope they extend the validity if that is what happening- cant have ppl dp not being valid for months.

thankfully my dad called one of the numbers and got an appointment next Monday at Wrightson Rd.

gtiracer
Street 2NR

Postby gtiracer » December 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am

There are available appointments in late January. I was able to book today

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 2nd, 2021, 1:10 pm

KEEP saying ALL government Payments should be put ONLINE as an option so NO one has to go and be held hostage by a worthless Public service Cashier... time to do away with that sh1t ...

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 2nd, 2021, 1:53 pm

i see Renewal - All Classes, and Renewal Walk-in ... which is the accurate one to pick?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 2nd, 2021, 2:06 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:KEEP saying ALL government Payments should be put ONLINE as an option so NO one has to go and be held hostage by a worthless Public service Cashier... time to do away with that sh1t ...
Banana Republic

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 2nd, 2021, 3:01 pm

Walk in you won't be able to access so all classes.
st7 wrote:i see Renewal - All Classes, and Renewal Walk-in ... which is the accurate one to pick?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2021, 3:20 pm

Dave wrote:Walk in you won't be able to access so all classes.
st7 wrote:i see Renewal - All Classes, and Renewal Walk-in ... which is the accurate one to pick?

vaxxed should be able to walkin

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 2nd, 2021, 6:39 pm

yeah i end up choosing All Classes -- i dont think that was there before. cant wait to stand up in line for a good while. btw they said nothing about printing a physical copy.

Digicel phone/net bill considered a utility bill yet?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 2nd, 2021, 6:45 pm

st7 wrote:yeah i end up choosing All Classes -- i dont think that was there before. cant wait to stand up in line for a good while. btw they said nothing about printing a physical copy.

Isn’t there a list on the website ?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 2nd, 2021, 7:22 pm

Kenjo wrote:
st7 wrote:yeah i end up choosing All Classes -- i dont think that was there before. cant wait to stand up in line for a good while. btw they said nothing about printing a physical copy.

Isn’t there a list on the website ?

can't find any info there

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 2nd, 2021, 8:02 pm

Here you go

PROOF OF ADDRESS DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO ACCESS LICENSING SERVICES

The following utility bills are accepted Cable, Electricity, Water, and Internet* (*Only on premise internet bills are accepted.)  

Physical and electronic copies (E-bills) of utility bills are accepted. However, E-bills must be printed and must have the official stamp from the issuing company.

In the case of a private residence, a utility bill must accompany a Letter of Authorization/Confirmation of the residential address. The owner of the home must confirm the use of the address and state the relationship to the individual. A copy of a form of national identification of the owner of the residence must also accompany the letter. Handwritten letters of authorization/confirmation are acceptable for the required purpose. (To be completed ONLY if the Utility Bill is not in the Applicant’s Name.

In the case of a rental, a copy of the Lease/Rental Unit Agreement for the rental premises identified bearing the name of the applicant must be presented. If the utility bill or Lease/Rental Unit is not in the applicant’s name, a letter from the owner confirming the applicant’s residence and a copy of a form of national identification of the owner (National ID, Passport of Driver’s Permit) must be submitted.  To access the Public Notice, click here 

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 2nd, 2021, 8:19 pm

thanks... i'll refer to this closer to my appt.

so much run around to get a simple thing done.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 24th, 2022, 4:34 pm

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/driving ... -extension

The Licensing Division of the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) has further extended the validity of documents issued by its office in light of the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on its operations.

This is applicable to driving permits, taxi driver licences, badges, certificates or other documents which expired on or before July 31, 2022. They are deemed valid until August 1, 2022.

Besides, any transfer of vehicle registration required to be completed on or before July 31, 2022, may be completed on or before August 1, 2022.

Members of the public are asked to pay particular attention to the dates specified in this document.

Please be guided by Legal Notice No. 7 and 8 of 2022 and sections 19(8) and 61B(2) of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, Chapter 48:50, which were operationalised by section 7 of the Miscellaneous Provisions [2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)] (No. 2) Act, 2020.

Persons seeking to conduct any transactions at the Licensing Division must utilise the online scheduling appointment portal https://licensingappointment.mowt.gov.tt/.

Customers are strongly encouraged to explore all available time-slots at licensing locations nationally if the preferred location is unavailable.

Additionally, persons are reminded that proof of address (utility bill no older than three months) is required to complete a licensing transaction.

The accepted forms of proof of address include a cable bill, home internet bill, electricity bill (T&TEC) or water bill (WASA). If a customer does not have a utility bill in their name, he or she is required to produce a letter of authoriation from the owner and a copy of their national identification card.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 4:38 pm

You know I think it have a scene where even though your license valid...you have to pay the high renewal fee when you go to renew. Like say many people eh renew their license since 2019....and the license office keep saying your license valid until xyz....

When you go to renew eventually you getting hit the 750 or 1500 or 2000 fee for taking such a long time to renew. Even though its not fault of yours.

I can't remember what the different tiers of fees are

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 4:40 pm

This is what I referring to.
Many people have to pay the $875 fee as it is now.

And with this new extension and limited slots to renew....people could find themselves having to pay the 1750 fee to renew. I don't think they are waiving that renewal fee
Screenshot_20220124-163908_Chrome.jpg

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 24th, 2022, 4:56 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:This is what I referring to.
Many people have to pay the $875 fee as it is now.

And with this new extension and limited slots to renew....people could find themselves having to pay the 1750 fee to renew. I don't think they are waiving that renewal feeScreenshot_20220124-163908_Chrome.jpg

wtf... i'll find out about this

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » January 24th, 2022, 5:04 pm

If you failed to renew before the onset of the pandemic then you have to pay. You cant expect to walk in with a dp that expired since 2018 and have fees waived. The policy is from May 2020 if I recall correctly

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 5:11 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:If you failed to renew before the onset of the pandemic then you have to pay. You cant expect to walk in with a dp that expired since 2018 and have fees waived. The policy is from May 2020 if I recall correctly
There are many people who would have had to renew in the timing when the pandemic now started.
And since then have never risked going into license office and haven't gotten an appointment. My mother license expire March or April 2019 and she's 70 so we didn't want her going anywhere unnecessary. For the last 6 months I trying to get an appointment online with no luck.

I don't think people over 65 have to pay for renewals at all though

But it have ppl who legitimately didn't get to renew for whatever reason and getting surprised with those renewal fees.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 24th, 2022, 5:38 pm

I doh play my license expires on March 15th. Went in d system and booked an appointment for that day. I’m hoping the new DP they have planned is sorted by then because I hate going licensing

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 5:41 pm

j.o.e wrote:I doh play my license expires on March 15th. Went in d system and booked an appointment for that day. I’m hoping the new DP they have planned is sorted by then because I hate going licensing
You were able to get an online appointment?

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » January 24th, 2022, 5:51 pm

http://www.news.gov.tt/content/ministry ... e8ewkQpA0M

Initial waiver applicable from March 2020, anything before that is on the driver.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 24th, 2022, 5:54 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
j.o.e wrote:I doh play my license expires on March 15th. Went in d system and booked an appointment for that day. I’m hoping the new DP they have planned is sorted by then because I hate going licensing
You were able to get an online appointment?

there are spots open for the next 2 months for Caroni

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 24th, 2022, 7:06 pm

got confirmation from a couple of people that they didn't have to pay the extra money.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”