TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Habit of tensing of left foot while driving (problem)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Habit of tensing of left foot while driving (problem)

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 11:35 am

These days....i noticed i does tense my left foot on the dead pedal when i stop or about to do a sharp turn or maybe i defence in driving too much. And this is causing an imbalance in the right foot like pain etc. And i notice the pain goes away instantly on the right when i relax the left more.
Any way i can break that habit? I have no idea why i do that. Maybe adjustments of seat to be far?

teems1
punchin NOS

Re: Habit of tensing of left foot while driving (problem)

Postby teems1 » November 9th, 2021, 11:43 am

Put a pebble in your shoe so it becomes uncomfortable to tense your foot.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » November 9th, 2021, 11:50 am

Do you absolutely need your left foot or can you get by without it?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 11:56 am

:|

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 9th, 2021, 12:36 pm

u hadda go back to manual, to make use of that clutch pedal memory.

on a real, i get that some times. and i usually adjust my sitting position, dress my seat forward to ease the pressure on the nerves. its works, so i feel is sum kinda sciatia
i mean, like i find myself slouching a lil and try to sit more upright. that stops the problem.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 12:44 pm

sMASH wrote:u hadda go back to manual, to make use of that clutch pedal memory.

on a real, i get that some times. and i usually adjust my sitting position, dress my seat forward to ease the pressure on the nerves. its works, so i feel is sum kinda sciatia
i mean, like i find myself slouching a lil and try to sit more upright. that stops the problem.

If you adjust the seat foward..ent you would make ur legs more tense?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 9th, 2021, 1:00 pm

I noticed similar, but it was happening because I had some kidney stone discomfort at the time. It might be that your seating position is not comfortable

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 9th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Easier option, stick some slippers rubber on the dead pedal, or similar.Reduce the shock to your foot

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 9th, 2021, 1:08 pm

the tense leg in my case is not the primary problem, it happens if i dont do sumting else.

my primary problem is i get some nerve pain in my hip/leg when i slouch. siting up as straitght as possible solves it totally. that posture reduces how easy i can reach the clutch. so i have to move the seat up more. but too close and i get the tense muscles. so the exact position allows me to slouch ever so slightly and get the tense leg. so i have to sit back up.
#team puff out chess

i prolly have a more serious problem like the nerve out of place, cause i cant sit on hard tings or railings i get the junjunie or the exact nerve pain. but keeping good posture and movements, that i leanred in all the ergonomics courses from work, totally solves it. so i just opt to keep good posture.

so ur problem, may just be ur muscles not keeping relaxed. one car i had had a dummy pedal rest, to rest ur left foot on in place of the clutch. prolly that might be able to trick ur foot to not tense up.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 1:12 pm

yea I have extremely bad posture problems....

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 1:16 pm

well it first started out when I started doing a new excercise ..some simple squats. I stopped it as soon as when i got the pain to recover. So its like I made one leg tighter or something causing an imbalance.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 1:18 pm

idk how ppl does fix their posture..it rel hard..makes me feel stiff like terminator lol

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 9th, 2021, 1:23 pm

SMc wrote:Do you absolutely need you left foot or can you get by without it?

You would be alright if Rollingstock check your back yard for buried feet?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 9th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Les Bain wrote:

Check by MG man first.He's the fiend with the foot fetish

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 9th, 2021, 2:26 pm

aaron17 wrote:idk how ppl does fix their posture..it rel hard..makes me feel stiff like terminator lol
Yoga, swimming, ballroom dance, capoeira, walking like a model( with book on your head).
Them things does actually work.There are gym exercises that helped me with my bad posture , dumbell rows for example,and pull ups/ dips

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 9th, 2021, 2:37 pm

I've had a similar driving problem with back aches and left foot pain...alll of my problems went away after getting a fabric(soft) d40 manual and actually used my left foot.. I'm back to an automatic np300 and it's happening to me again though not as serious because I insisted on the soft fabric seat over the leather. I also drive a leather bt50 and the pain is the worst it's ever on that van because of the harder seats.

Make sure and take out your wallet from your back pocket as well, it helps alot..

sucre251
Street 2NR

Postby sucre251 » November 9th, 2021, 3:10 pm

So you're saying that when you tense your left foot, the right foot corresponds with pain? Not the left foot itself hurting? Then there is a problem where the sciatic nerves from both feet meet in your spine anywhere between L4 and S3. This would likely indicate an issue of improper seating posture in your vehicle which causes compression of that back area when your muscles tense on the left foot and transfers another signal through that node and down the other foot. Adjust your car seat, or buy a memory foam lumbar support aid or use a pillow sit in your vehicle properly with good posture with no slouching or crouching. The back of your knees should have just a tiny bit of space for blood circulation and not pressed hard into the seat, and your both feet should be comfortably reaching the pedal without stretching or hardly moving them at all beyond pivoting them on the heel.

If your left foot hurts and you drive an automatic, it's the compression of the Extensor digitorum longus muscle against the side of the gearbox transmission housing which in turn decreases blood flow to the corresponding tendons in the instep and toes and causes stiffness and pain when you attempt toe extension or flexion, with an acute pain at that one spot of contact on your left leg. Remove the source of that compression by learning not to lean your left foot there.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » November 9th, 2021, 4:00 pm

timelapse wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

None of that nastiness, I give up pork for month and chicken foot souse not cutting it...was hoping for an alternative to try with not much expense involved.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 9th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Well if its causing a pain in ur right foot there's probably a muscular imbalance as well here eh. SPecifically in ur hips

So do some exercises and stretches.
Body weight squats and light deadlifts with strict form. Google the stretches for legs, all muscles.

-----------------------------

Also get a better seat and seat belt system.

You are tensing that leg because you have a fear of being flung around your seat, which is understandible in a shitbox.

If you are planted in the seat good you can steer and brake better. Much safer.

-------------------------------------------

Also stop bein a little sissy boi and confront the problem. go for a drive and conciously try not to do it.

Immersion therapy

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » November 9th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Doh worry I have the solution you need!

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 4:03 am

sucre251 wrote:So you're saying that when you tense your left foot, the right foot corresponds with pain? Not the left foot itself hurting? Then there is a problem where the sciatic nerves from both feet meet in your spine anywhere between L4 and S3. This would likely indicate an issue of improper seating posture in your vehicle which causes compression of that back area when your muscles tense on the left foot and transfers another signal through that node and down the other foot. Adjust your car seat, or buy a memory foam lumbar support aid or use a pillow sit in your vehicle properly with good posture with no slouching or crouching. The back of your knees should have just a tiny bit of space for blood circulation and not pressed hard into the seat, and your both feet should be comfortably reaching the pedal without stretching or hardly moving them at all beyond pivoting them on the heel.

If your left foot hurts and you drive an automatic, it's the compression of the Extensor digitorum longus muscle against the side of the gearbox transmission housing which in turn decreases blood flow to the corresponding tendons in the instep and toes and causes stiffness and pain when you attempt toe extension or flexion, with an acute pain at that one spot of contact on your left leg. Remove the source of that compression by learning not to lean your left foot there.
I noticed my driving foot...when i hover my foot on the brakes to anticipate stopping from a distance....my driving foot does be rel tense and puts a strain. In that case , my driving seat needs to go back a bit?
I will try not to lean on the left.
Last edited by aaron17 on November 10th, 2021, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 4:04 am

nick639v2 wrote:I've had a similar driving problem with back aches and left foot pain...alll of my problems went away after getting a fabric(soft) d40 manual and actually used my left foot.. I'm back to an automatic np300 and it's happening to me again though not as serious because I insisted on the soft fabric seat over the leather. I also drive a leather bt50 and the pain is the worst it's ever on that van because of the harder seats.

Make sure and take out your wallet from your back pocket as well, it helps alot..
Interesting ..i will try this. Thanks.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 4:05 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:Well if its causing a pain in ur right foot there's probably a muscular imbalance as well here eh. SPecifically in ur hips

So do some exercises and stretches.
Body weight squats and light deadlifts with strict form. Google the stretches for legs, all muscles.

-----------------------------

Also get a better seat and seat belt system.

You are tensing that leg because you have a fear of being flung around your seat, which is understandible in a shitbox.

If you are planted in the seat good you can steer and brake better. Much safer.

-------------------------------------------

Also stop bein a little sissy boi and confront the problem. go for a drive and conciously try not to do it.

Immersion therapy
Yea i think its this..imbalance.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 10th, 2021, 5:54 am

It eh ha no bolt to tighten to adjust posture. It's sumting u do actively. U always have to keep things in the back of ur mind to keep ur joints aligned properly.

Exercise tends to tone ur muscles upz and thst tends to keep ur joints In proper positions too.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 10th, 2021, 5:56 am

DMan7 wrote:Doh worry I have the solution you need!

The people in ptown could do it faster with the cutlass, but he miss out

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 10th, 2021, 6:35 am

SMc wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

None of that nastiness, I give up pork for month and chicken foot souse not cutting it...was hoping for an alternative to try with not much expense involved.
Pork doh have toe jam....

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 6:39 am

I have to bring this up...

2 to 3 years ago, I had a constant dull pain like tingling sensation on my right hip area. I realize to myself it could be tightbelt syndrome ( sciatica) . And when i loosen there up, it does feel better. But it feels when i were anything like my normal wear, it does aggravate it. I does pull my pants kinda down to feel ease. Rest on bed goes away to. The pain came to a point it reached my entire leg like lightning pain needles.

I tried everything ...
Changing detergent...wearing loose clothes...monitoring what i eat if it caused gas. It was still there.

The pain was soo bad I eventually went by a doc..if it was appendicitis.did scans etc....nothing. He said i need to fix my posture and do excercise and prescribed antidepressent tablets. After that ...the pain feeling was overtime gone.

Thinking about it then..i was doing simple knee squats....hmm maybe that could have caused a nerve irritation?

Because now...i started back to do squats to build back strength. But the thing is ....i feeling the lightning nerve pain on the right knee itself the most but i dont feel any pain on the hip from 3 years ago. I think there is some relation. Maybe i should not do squats cause it flaring it up?

I should work on my posture....that would be hell. I wish my posture faults were detected and fixed when i was a child. I had that prob since.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 6:41 am

sMASH wrote:It eh ha no bolt to tighten to adjust posture. It's sumting u do actively. U always have to keep things in the back of ur mind to keep ur joints aligned properly.

Exercise tends to tone ur muscles upz and thst tends to keep ur joints In proper positions too.
Bro i think i look like hunchback oh notre damme lol.
I hate how i look. Self worth etc has always been low for me.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 10th, 2021, 10:05 am

aaron17 wrote:
sMASH wrote:It eh ha no bolt to tighten to adjust posture. It's sumting u do actively. U always have to keep things in the back of ur mind to keep ur joints aligned properly.

Try dumbell rows.And clench your lower back while doing it.Firsthand experience.I had the IT slouch.Lower back muscles is where it starts.I also keep my chairs close to 90 degrees.It forces better posture.Dem ergonomic chairs is crap.Is just cushioning work on your muscles instead

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 10:19 am

timelapse wrote:
aaron17 wrote:

Try dumbell rows.And clench your lower back while doing it.Firsthand experience.I had the IT slouch.Lower back muscles is where it starts.I also keep my chairs close to 90 degrees.It forces better posture.Dem ergonomic chairs is crap.Is just cushioning work on your muscles instead
Yea i have a rounded back. ..i need a new office chair right now. The old one giving probs. What about one with better lumbar support? I looked in ettes trinidad and saw a strata ergonomic chair with lumbar for 3 thousand and something ....i guess thats not gonna help?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”