Forums

Opposition files motion to remove President of T&T from Office

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Opposition files motion to remove President of T&T from Office

Postby De Dragon » October 27th, 2021, 8:50 pm

toyolink wrote:As far as this particular motion is concerned, I am not certain that the process makes sense if indeed the constitution provides for same.
In fact it seems difficult to conceive that members of the electoral college can make an informed vote on the motion unless the mover of the motion is allowed to make a 'prima facie' case.
I do agree that motions of this nature cannot be frivolous since members may use this avenue to impugn an office holders good name and checks and controls maybe necessary to avoid same.
Taking the matter to court may allow this process to be properly reviewed and thus facilitate identification of any possible modifications to same.
We may need this process in a more dire and clear cut situation one day in the future.
Presently, I really don't have any expectations of our presidents office and view its existence as ceremonial and a refinement of the Governor General office and anytime an office holder gets into shifting from this role, things get messy.

Standing orders prevent Fat Fairy from being subject of a similar motion in this parliamentary term. There is a reason she was the first in our nation's history to be subjected to a Section 36. She has failed miserably in this matter by her aloofness, arrogance and silence

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”