Forums

Need internet provider help

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

platinumedition
3NE 2NR for life

Need internet provider help

Postby platinumedition » October 7th, 2021, 11:26 pm

I am moving to a remote area where bmobile signal is almost nonexistent. My wife has a digicel phone and she has pretty good signal. However, no network provider has cables run to the area. Does digicel have any fully unlimited wireless internet service ? If not what other providers are there.

I tried bmobile, Amelia , green dot and flow. No success

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Need internet provider help

Postby Gem_in_i » October 7th, 2021, 11:31 pm

Which part of the country?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 7th, 2021, 11:51 pm

platinumedition wrote:I am moving to a remote area where bmobile signal is almost nonexistent. My wife has a digicel phone and she has pretty good signal. However, no network provider has cables run to the area. Does digicel have any fully unlimited wireless internet service ? If not what other providers are there.

Digicel has an unlimited MiFi postpaid service for around TT$400/mo
There is also a one time cost of the MiFi device and SIM card for it
https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/MiFi-Plans.html

platinumedition
3NE 2NR for life

Postby platinumedition » October 8th, 2021, 8:23 pm

Thanks a lot

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 8th, 2021, 9:36 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
platinumedition wrote:I am moving to a remote area where bmobile signal is almost nonexistent. My wife has a digicel phone and she has pretty good signal. However, no network provider has cables run to the area. Does digicel have any fully unlimited wireless internet service ? If not what other providers are there.

that's unlimited data?

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » October 8th, 2021, 9:56 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

that's unlimited data?
400gb lte....then unlimited regular speeds

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » October 8th, 2021, 10:14 pm

That price is very similar to the prime postpaid bundle they have advertised.

https://www.digicelgroup.com/tt/en/bundles/bundles.html

Ravi Roxx
Riding on 13's

Postby Ravi Roxx » October 16th, 2021, 5:40 am

I have similar problem, I moved to a remote area which is being developed. It is a main shortcut used by thousands of cars per day. I have tried multiple internet providers and so far they have all refused.

To the west of my house 100ft away on a pole is the Flow Junction Box and Digicel Junction Box and yes a road connects that 100ft to my house but there is no pole in between. My neighbour to my east whose house is 15ft from mine has Digicel serviced from a pole on the bound between both our houses. The other neighbours in the Circular I live in got connected the long way around the Circular as poles were erected there for electricity. So even though I am 100ft away from the junction boxes, everyone else was connect via approx 1200ft cables the long away around.

I had Digicel at my previous residence. Requested a relocation from Digicel. They said ok. Their process made me disconnect the service for like 5 days before it could be reconnected at a new location. (In this age of connectivity, that is a long time to be disconnected). Anyway, Digicel showed up to install 5 days later and realised I am too far the long way around 1200ft or so and there are no spaces available in the Box (with 8 slots I believe). Solution would be to plant 2 poles for me to get service but they might not do that for 1 customer. Mind you, the area is being developed, 2 brand new houses will be completed in weeks. Tech said if they run the poles I can get service the next day. 2 days later, Digicel calls to say they won't do it.

Moving on, called up Flow, guy on the phone told me, bring utility bill, ID and 2 passport sized photos. Got my passport sized photos taken and went immediately. Got there, the CSR don't need passport photos. Who told you that. Ok whatever. Paid for Flow to install, etc. At 4pm. They showed up the next day 8am. Excellent. Actually no!! Same story. 1200ft cable to run. They have to push the request to Construction unit. He said probably a week I will get through. I called Flow hotline. They explained, they have to send a crew to survey, design a plan, approve a budget before proceeding if it is approved. Minimum a month.

Moving on again, called Amplia/ Blink. No service in the area.

And again, called Greendot. Took my info to check the availability in my geographical area to see if I can get fibre or wireless. Called me back hours later. Neither service in my area.

Called up AirLink. Very polite and willing but no service in the area.

Called up Lisa Communications, pending Site Survey on Monday to see if they can provide service. Fingers crossed as the saga continues....

If you have a solution or another provider let me know. Open to anything, even Elon Musk Satellite Internet. Signed up for that waiting list a long time ago. Now is the time Elon. Link me up.

(Mifi devices won't work properly as I am using bmobile data which spotty and my wife is using digicel data which is generally worse here.)

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » October 16th, 2021, 7:03 am

Well that is the downside of moving to a remote area. And since when flow need passport photos to sign up lol. That's news to me.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 16th, 2021, 7:13 am

Ravi Roxx wrote:

I have similar problem, I moved to a remote area which is being developed. It is a main shortcut used by thousands of cars per day. I have tried multiple internet providers and so far they have all refused.

To the west of my house 100ft away on a pole is the Flow Junction Box and Digicel Junction Box and yes a road connects that 100ft to my house but there is no pole in between. My neighbour to my east whose house is 15ft from mine has Digicel serviced from a pole on the bound between both our houses. The other neighbours in the Circular I live in got connected the long way around the Circular as poles were erected there for electricity. So even though I am 100ft away from the junction boxes, everyone else was connect via approx 1200ft cables the long away around.

I had Digicel at my previous residence. Requested a relocation from Digicel. They said ok. Their process made me disconnect the service for like 5 days before it could be reconnected at a new location. (In this age of connectivity, that is a long time to be disconnected). Anyway, Digicel showed up to install 5 days later and realised I am too far the long way around 1200ft or so and there are no spaces available in the Box (with 8 slots I believe). Solution would be to plant 2 poles for me to get service but they might not do that for 1 customer. Mind you, the area is being developed, 2 brand new houses will be completed in weeks. Tech said if they run the poles I can get service the next day. 2 days later, Digicel calls to say they won't do it.

Moving on, called up Flow, guy on the phone told me, bring utility bill, ID and 2 passport sized photos. Got my passport sized photos taken and went immediately. Got there, the CSR don't need passport photos. Who told you that. Ok whatever. Paid for Flow to install, etc. At 4pm. They showed up the next day 8am. Excellent. Actually no!! Same story. 1200ft cable to run. They have to push the request to Construction unit. He said probably a week I will get through. I called Flow hotline. They explained, they have to send a crew to survey, design a plan, approve a budget before proceeding if it is approved. Minimum a month.

And again, called Greendot. Took my info to check the availability in my geographical area to see if I can get fibre or wireless. Called me back hours later. Neither service in my area.

Called up Lisa Communications, pending Site Survey on Monday to see if they can provide service. Fingers crossed as the saga continues....

If you have a solution or another provider let me know. Open to anything, even Elon Musk Satellite Internet. Signed up for that waiting list a long time ago. Now is the time Elon. Link me up.

(Mifi devices won't work properly as I am using bmobile data which spotty and my wife is using digicel data which is generally worse here.)
How does the house get electricity? There should be a pole close by to you.

What about proposing you plant a private pole in your yard by the roadway to a required height (20ft of pole on the surface maybe) and they pull the fibre from the pole 100ft away to your private pole so the line maintains the 15ft ground clearance and then go down to the house from the pole

ttphilip
Street 2NR

Postby ttphilip » October 16th, 2021, 7:00 pm

S_2NR wrote:Well that is the downside of moving to a remote area. And since when flow need passport photos to sign up lol. That's news to me.

Maybe they said “two photo ID’s” and he mis-heard, or mis-understood

Riley20
Riding on 13's

Postby Riley20 » July 16th, 2022, 4:53 pm

Ravi Roxx wrote:

Hi. Did you find a solution? I have a similar problem

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 16th, 2022, 5:01 pm

mayaro cable company . RTR i think it name. they in mayaro to brasso in all them back roads in the forest. i not sure if it is wireless.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 16th, 2022, 7:49 pm

RVR

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”