this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Re: No tax on electric vehicles in T&T

Postby Blaze d Chalice » October 18th, 2021, 5:29 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Not electric but hydrogen is an alternative fuel source

World record: Toyota Mirai travels 1360km on one hydrogen tank

The 2021 Toyota Mirai sedan has set a new hydrogen efficiency benchmark, completing a 1360.378km round trip in Southern California on a single 5.65kg tank of hydrogen.

This is an old video from a company called "Nikola" (no relation to Tesla) and as far as I could remember someone was being charged with fraud.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 19th, 2021, 7:44 am

Hearing confirmed rumors of Full Electric Chinese Made vehicles making its way to our shores come early 2022, now we will see who/what companies the budget was catering to:

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 19th, 2021, 10:36 am

What’s the complaint about Chinese goods?
Don’t we buy Chinese made lights, decorations, security cameras, tools and appliances?
Why not Chinese vehicles?
Indian vehicles are sold here, so why not Chinese?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 10:45 am

2WNBoost wrote:What’s the complaint about Chinese goods?
Don’t we buy Chinese made lights, decorations, security cameras, tools and appliances?
Foreign brand name manufacturers set up operations in China for cheap labour. The manufacturing process has to be held as the same quality of standards as if it made in the brands home county.

How ever Chinese brands made in China are not subjected to quality control and are far lesser.

We see this with the manufacturers of motorcycles, where some Japanese motorcycles parts and bikes are made in the same factories where Chinese bikes are made.

The difference is that the Japanese bike have quality control while the Chinese bikes all of which are made in same factories are poorly made.

Perfect example is the Chinese motorcycles the Trinidad police got all came with defects and did not last long compared to Yamaha

Think twice about buying a Chinese brand kart. Chinese can copy anything but are very sub standard. In certain countries Chinese counterfeit goods are banned to protect registered brands especially where safety is an issue

As for India, export cars are subjected to quality control remember what TATA owns.

Bottom line buy a Chinese kart at your own risk
Last edited by zoom rader on October 19th, 2021, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » October 19th, 2021, 11:14 am

You go ahead :D buy your Chinese car.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 11:24 am

david12 wrote:
I suspect most of the parts used in non Chinese karts are made in China but under quality control.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

No tax on electric vehicles in T&T

Postby 2WNBoost » October 19th, 2021, 12:18 pm

The TATA group owning other brands does automatically translate into a TATA product being of high quality.
PS: Range Rovers and Jaguars have poor reliability
FYI: OnePlus and Lenovo are domestic Chinese brands

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 19th, 2021, 12:48 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Indian vehicles are sold here, so why not Chinese?

Do we still get those Indian vehicles? Or are you referring to Indian assembled Suzuki and Nissan vehicles?

Mahindra and Tata have some nice SUVs on offer in their market. I don't know why all we got was that Mahindra PikUp and some Tata pickups and trucks here.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 12:54 pm

2WNBoost wrote:The TATA group owning other brands does automatically translate into a TATA product being of high quality.
Bro , feel free to buy a Chinese brand kart.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 19th, 2021, 1:25 pm

qc is the big factor
apple products are made in china but with strict quality control.

zoom rader wrote:
david12 wrote:
I suspect most of the parts used in non Chinese karts are made in China but under quality control.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 19th, 2021, 1:43 pm

BTW, all i said was a Chinese Full Electric car on its way to our shores and zoom got his panties in a bunch, the new MG is all china made, a reputable company that was bought out and the rights purchased by a Chinese company to use their brand! And yes they are making a full electric to cater to our market.. so it's not any brand name car like Singsong or Pongting that coming! :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 1:47 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:BTW, all i said was a Chinese Full Electric car on its way to our shores and zoom got his panties in a bunch, the new MG is all china made, a reputable company that was bought out and the rights purchased by a Chinese company to use their brand! And yes they are making a full electric to cater to our market.. so it's not any brand name car like Singsong or Pongting that coming!
Jack arse, I never responded to you so hush ya lil boy Cont.

I responded to Boost

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 19th, 2021, 1:48 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:BTW, all i said was a Chinese Full Electric car on its way to our shores and zoom got his panties in a bunch, the new MG is all china made, a reputable company that was bought out and the rights purchased by a Chinese company to use their brand! And yes they are making a full electric to cater to our market.. so it's not any brand name car like Singsong or Pongting that coming!

I responded to Boost

Expected as much as this eloquent response given your level of ignorance and superb Distinction in the studies of the Red gubment. it must really burn you to look, smell and behave exactly like a Pee enn emme leader!

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 19th, 2021, 1:51 pm

You're right, but the products you're referring to were manufactured in China for foreign companies in order to turn a profit for management, screwing over unionized workers and local workforce.
Chinese domestic products that find their way into foreign markets are the problematic ones. And since China playing good guy Gordon with the PNM, the door is wide open for Trinidad to be a dumping ground, especially as the forex situation has many imported goods disappearing from the shelves.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I responded to Boost

Expected as much as this eloquent response given your level of ignorance and superb Distinction in the studies of the Red gubment. it must really burn you to look, smell and behave exactly like a Pee enn emme leader!
Learn to read and who responded to you next time lil Cont

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » October 19th, 2021, 1:52 pm

2WNBoost wrote:The TATA group owning other brands does automatically translate into a TATA product being of high quality.
You don't have to prove a point padna. If you feel like you want a car that was put together in China you go ahead.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 19th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Hearing confirmed rumors of Full Electric Chinese Made vehicles making its way to our shores come early 2022, now we will see who/what companies the budget was catering to:

massey no doubt will bring the MG 5 EV which is a rebadged asian car, and well the EV Suv range which is part of the 'designed in the UK' marketing BS
Would be interesting to see what Ansa bringing

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Les Bain wrote:

You're right, but the products you're referring to were manufactured in China for foreign companies in order to turn a profit for management, screwing over unionized workers and local workforce.
Chinese domestic products that find their way into foreign markets are the problematic ones. And since China playing good guy Gordon with the PNM, the door is wide open for Trinidad to be a dumping ground, especially as the forex situation has many imported goods disappearing from the shelves.
Only certain markets allow Chinese brands in their countries.

Other countries upkeep laws protecting quality and safety where fake goods are being sold.

But this Trinidad so any garbage can enter, but they protect cement and AC units

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 19th, 2021, 2:01 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

Other countries upkeep laws protecting quality and safety where fake goods are being sold.

But this Trinidad so any garbage can enter, but they protect cement and AC units

YOU are living proof of this statement.....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 2:02 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

YOU are living proof of this statement.....
Bye idiot

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 19th, 2021, 10:50 pm

P&V Marketing advertised on FB some Leafs starting at $185k (mind you Mr Babwah advertised same just recently at $210k so he slashed the price by $25k).

For reference, the cheapest Leaf on SBT's website is $22,321. USD (stock ID: DQY6493), a 2018 model.

ER: 1 USD = 6.7993 (FCB 19/10/21)

So I've derived the following calculation:

$22,321. X 6.7993 = $151,767.18 (CIF)

Mr Babwah's current inventory of Leafs would have been subject to full taxes and plus he has to make a profit.

He sources the USD on our behalf, he imports and clears the car and will clean/ 'service' it as well as give us a warranty all for a difference of $33k thereabouts?

Also, come 2022, this price is expected to supposedly decrease? Let's just say I can get a 2019 Leaf for $160k tax free then I don't mind jumping in, cause I already pulled the trigger on 2 Hybrids previously so I'm familiar with electrification.

Question is, am I kidding myself? Also can the Japanese language on both the head unit and instrument cluster screens be changed to English fully? If not, are there any Pioneer, Kenwood or Sony double DIN stereos that has 360 camera support just in case I buy such a Leaf and decide to pelt away the Jap head unit?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » October 20th, 2021, 12:26 am

agent007 wrote:P&V Marketing advertised on FB some Leafs starting at $185k (mind you Mr Babwah advertised same just recently at $210k so he slashed the price by $25k).

For reference, the cheapest Leaf on SBT's website is $22,321. USD (stock ID: DQY6493), a 2018 model.

ER: 1 USD = 6.7993 (FCB 19/10/21)

So I've derived the following calculation:

$22,321. X 6.7993 = $151,767.18 (CIF)

Mr Babwah's current inventory of Leafs would have been subject to full taxes and plus he has to make a profit.

He sources the USD on our behalf, he imports and clears the car and will clean/ 'service' it as well as give us a warranty all for a difference of $33k thereabouts?

Also, come 2022, this price is expected to supposedly decrease? Let's just say I can get a 2019 Leaf for $160k tax free then I don't mind jumping in, cause I already pulled the trigger on 2 Hybrids previously so I'm familiar with electrification.

Question is, am I kidding myself? Also can the Japanese language on both the head unit and instrument cluster screens be changed to English fully? If not, are there any Pioneer, Kenwood or Sony double DIN stereos that has 360 camera support just in case I buy such a Leaf and decide to pelt away the Jap head unit?
delusional to be using bank rate for roro imports in 2021

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 20th, 2021, 6:12 am

So what do you say about this?
Selling cheap vehicles is what helped TATA amass a fortune.
People will buy what suits their pocket.
PS: This isn't lithium ion powered, I just posted to show that even the US will import cheap Chinese goods

https://electrek.co/2021/10/18/cheapest-ev-in-usa/
The cheapest EV in the world has landed in the US – here’s what it’s like
Mikey G
- Oct. 18th 2021 12:41 pm PT

Electrek was invited to try out the cheapest EV in the world, which is manufactured by Changli. It was hilarious, cute, “cheap” in every way, and a wild exercise for the imagination. Even though it doesn’t retain its famed price tag, the US importers have put great effort into adding back value where the shipping costs took it away. Changli manufactures these vehicles in China to be used as taxis and personal transportation. Vehicles like these are used by urban-dwelling workers to get around a dense landscape. Working people in China are attracted to them for one principle reason: These cars are cheap.

We’re talking lead-acid batteries, the cheapest plastic dashboard you’ve ever seen, stickers instead of fog lights, and steering that I would describe as having a learning curve. It goes without saying that you won’t find a tech-heavy interior with a software-driven experience like we’ve seen from forward-thinking automakers. The Changlis are brass tacks basic, which has a certain appeal.

Changli comes to America

Electric Import Motors (EIM), importers of these cheap micro cars, got into the business as a joke. After seeing an article about the cheapest EV in the world, EIM put its prior experience in shipping and logistics to use and sourced its first car. Changli vehicles hit the news over a year ago when news outlets headlined the $900 price tag. True, it was $900 before the current global shipping problems and if it’s bought in China, but shipping and associated costs make up the majority of the “real” price for anyone outside of China (as fellow Electrek writer Micah Toll found out when he purchased one from China). The first EIM order prompted another order of a few tailored cars for the US market. Without an ounce of marketing, those were sold almost instantly.

Now the joke has some serious legs. Despite the increased shipping price, EIM has sold several containers’ worth of cars by now and pre-sold them for about six months. So, what’s the big deal? Why are these tricked-out grocery carts so popular? What really makes these so fun and unique is the cost and the size. The most obvious comparison in size and scale is a golf cart. In the good old days before the pandemic, a golf cart would start at around $7,000 to $8,000 without windows, doors, heater, etc. On the other end of the chasm is a full-sized car. Electric cars are great. At Electrek, we live and breathe them every day, but our favorite full-blown EVs can be expensive and overkill for simple uses.

How to get a Changli vehicle in the US

The “Grunt” car can go about 20 miles on a charge and do roughly 25 mph. This is a great option for running around town, grocery trips, post office runs, or other short trips on slow roads. It can seat two adults in the front and two kids in the back. With the “Pak Yak” truck, like Micah bought, the larger battery and motor setup allows it to go further, faster, and of course, to haul more. You can expect about 40 miles of range, and a top speed of 35 mph. This opens doors to even more possibilities, such as moving lawn debris, hauling car parts, or even moving (very small) pieces of furniture. The Pak Yak truck can seat two adults. Keep in mind that Changli vehicles are not homologated for on-road use in the US and do not meet the required Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for their class of motor vehicle. Thus, they are not street legal in most areas of the country.

We had a chance to sit down with Caleb Nelson, founder of Electric Import Motors.

Changli’s US price

So, as a one-stop-shop, EIM now imports the cars to provide customers with one easy-to-understand cost. A base model car costs $6,500, while a truck will run you $8,500. Shipping to your door could run around $800, possibly less. As of writing this article, we are still in the midst of the global pandemic, and rippling shipping industry chaos. The shipping raising the cost of soup, nuts, and Changlis hasn’t stopped the American buyer – as Nelson points out, containers are still selling out. EIM aims to add value to the equation by taking care of all the necessary paperwork and ensuring safe and proper delivery of the cars during each step of the journey. Completing the proper paperwork is key, as Uncle Sam’s punitive fees can explode into hefty fines when done improperly. Since EIM is importing entire containers at a time, the company can ensure that no other cargo is shipped inside, which risks damage, and EIM inspects the vehicles before the final US shipment. For now, this pet business is still importing, and they are sold out for about six months from now. If the market continues to pine for small EVs, we might see other makes and models on American roads very soon.

Electrek’s Take

There are quite a number of micro-cars and personal mobility items that fit a particular niche, but with the exception of electric bikes, none of them have really become mainstream. I think the primary reason is quirkiness and value proposition. The EIM Grunt and Pak Yak were so much fun to drive that it was like being a kid again. It was so small and quirky that I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. People were looking and staring, and several stopped us to ask about the vehicle and its origins. Some people really like being the center of attention and enjoy showcasing a new way to look at transportation (actually, a lot of us at Electrek are that way), but that’s not a common personality trait in the real world. If the Changli vehicles were $900 in the US, they would be on every street in America. At that point it wouldn’t be rare anymore, it wouldn’t be strange or quirky. It would just be normal. Since these cars have a higher price, they will primarily be in the hands of green-tech extroverts that will make a big show about their oddball purchase.

zoom rader wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 6:30 am

2WNBoost wrote:So what do you say about this?
Selling cheap vehicles is what helped TATA amass a fortune.
People will buy what suits their pocket.
PS: This isn't lithium ion powered, I just posted to show that even the US will import cheap Chinese goods

https://electrek.co/2021/10/18/cheapest-ev-in-usa/
The cheapest EV in the world has landed in the US – here’s what it’s like
Mikey G
- Oct. 18th 2021 12:41 pm PT

Electrek was invited to try out the cheapest EV in the world, which is manufactured by Changli. It was hilarious, cute, “cheap” in every way, and a wild exercise for the imagination. Even though it doesn’t retain its famed price tag, the US importers have put great effort into adding back value where the shipping costs took it away. Changli manufactures these vehicles in China to be used as taxis and personal transportation. Vehicles like these are used by urban-dwelling workers to get around a dense landscape. Working people in China are attracted to them for one principle reason: These cars are cheap.

We’re talking lead-acid batteries, the cheapest plastic dashboard you’ve ever seen, stickers instead of fog lights, and steering that I would describe as having a learning curve. It goes without saying that you won’t find a tech-heavy interior with a software-driven experience like we’ve seen from forward-thinking automakers. The Changlis are brass tacks basic, which has a certain appeal.

Changli comes to America

Electric Import Motors (EIM), importers of these cheap micro cars, got into the business as a joke. After seeing an article about the cheapest EV in the world, EIM put its prior experience in shipping and logistics to use and sourced its first car. Changli vehicles hit the news over a year ago when news outlets headlined the $900 price tag. True, it was $900 before the current global shipping problems and if it’s bought in China, but shipping and associated costs make up the majority of the “real” price for anyone outside of China (as fellow Electrek writer Micah Toll found out when he purchased one from China). The first EIM order prompted another order of a few tailored cars for the US market. Without an ounce of marketing, those were sold almost instantly.

Now the joke has some serious legs. Despite the increased shipping price, EIM has sold several containers’ worth of cars by now and pre-sold them for about six months. So, what’s the big deal? Why are these tricked-out grocery carts so popular? What really makes these so fun and unique is the cost and the size. The most obvious comparison in size and scale is a golf cart. In the good old days before the pandemic, a golf cart would start at around $7,000 to $8,000 without windows, doors, heater, etc. On the other end of the chasm is a full-sized car. Electric cars are great. At Electrek, we live and breathe them every day, but our favorite full-blown EVs can be expensive and overkill for simple uses.

How to get a Changli vehicle in the US

The “Grunt” car can go about 20 miles on a charge and do roughly 25 mph. This is a great option for running around town, grocery trips, post office runs, or other short trips on slow roads. It can seat two adults in the front and two kids in the back. With the “Pak Yak” truck, like Micah bought, the larger battery and motor setup allows it to go further, faster, and of course, to haul more. You can expect about 40 miles of range, and a top speed of 35 mph. This opens doors to even more possibilities, such as moving lawn debris, hauling car parts, or even moving (very small) pieces of furniture. The Pak Yak truck can seat two adults. Keep in mind that Changli vehicles are not homologated for on-road use in the US and do not meet the required Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for their class of motor vehicle. Thus, they are not street legal in most areas of the country.

We had a chance to sit down with Caleb Nelson, founder of Electric Import Motors.

Changli’s US price

So, as a one-stop-shop, EIM now imports the cars to provide customers with one easy-to-understand cost. A base model car costs $6,500, while a truck will run you $8,500. Shipping to your door could run around $800, possibly less. As of writing this article, we are still in the midst of the global pandemic, and rippling shipping industry chaos. The shipping raising the cost of soup, nuts, and Changlis hasn’t stopped the American buyer – as Nelson points out, containers are still selling out. EIM aims to add value to the equation by taking care of all the necessary paperwork and ensuring safe and proper delivery of the cars during each step of the journey. Completing the proper paperwork is key, as Uncle Sam’s punitive fees can explode into hefty fines when done improperly. Since EIM is importing entire containers at a time, the company can ensure that no other cargo is shipped inside, which risks damage, and EIM inspects the vehicles before the final US shipment. For now, this pet business is still importing, and they are sold out for about six months from now. If the market continues to pine for small EVs, we might see other makes and models on American roads very soon.

Electrek’s Take

There are quite a number of micro-cars and personal mobility items that fit a particular niche, but with the exception of electric bikes, none of them have really become mainstream. I think the primary reason is quirkiness and value proposition. The EIM Grunt and Pak Yak were so much fun to drive that it was like being a kid again. It was so small and quirky that I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. People were looking and staring, and several stopped us to ask about the vehicle and its origins. Some people really like being the center of attention and enjoy showcasing a new way to look at transportation (actually, a lot of us at Electrek are that way), but that’s not a common personality trait in the real world. If the Changli vehicles were $900 in the US, they would be on every street in America. At that point it wouldn’t be rare anymore, it wouldn’t be strange or quirky. It would just be normal. Since these cars have a higher price, they will primarily be in the hands of green-tech extroverts that will make a big show about their oddball purchase.

zoom rader wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

Don't get fooled with the US, they have to play the game with China. They have to maintain certain relations and trade is one of then.

You keep your friends close and your enemies very close.

By all means do your research and see what works out best for you in the long run.

EV are still at the early development stage. Give it a few more years when they have further developed it to ironed out the issues so that you don't have to face it or your money.

I myself have been looking at electric motorbikes and will research more , but I will wait till it gets better and cheaper.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 20th, 2021, 7:46 am

^^ An electric motorbike is an intriguing option

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 8:06 am

2WNBoost wrote:^^ An electric motorbike is an intriguing option
Only when it does not rain

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 20th, 2021, 8:07 am

Options for delivery services

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 20th, 2021, 9:34 am

Some nice looking bikes there, a couple look good for a Sunday morning Maracas run

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 10:05 am

2WNBoost wrote:Options for delivery services
I am still looking into them as around a round. Here in Bago I live with alot of hills so I have to research if the can handle the conditions here.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 20th, 2021, 10:40 am

At least the e-motorbikes still look appealing.
Current-gen Nissan leaf looking like what the Y-13 was supposed to be. I want one.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”