Forums

Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby 88sins » July 19th, 2022, 6:10 am

There's some things I see people does buy, that they don't have to but they will always buy because of what they think is convenience.

Thyme, chives, chadon beni, pimento, hot pepper, etc, all can be grown at home, in very minimal space, but it seems like most people rather leave their house and go out looking for these things, and then they complain about the price of these things. When with a little patience they can have these things home in their house for nearly free, readily available for use whenever they want. Chive and chadon beni can grow VERY WELL in a 8oz cup, thyme, pimento, hot pepper can grow in small pots.

If you prefer to buy because it more "convenient", by all means, go ahead. But you got no business complaining about prices if you prioritize convenience over cost.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 19th, 2022, 7:07 am

sweet peppers price gone clear
surprisingly tomato price hasnt gone up but will very soon based on the junk that I see selling outside now

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 19th, 2022, 7:17 am

pugboy wrote:sweet peppers price gone clear
surprisingly tomato price hasnt gone up but will very soon based on the junk that I see selling outside now

$20 a pound :?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 19th, 2022, 7:39 am

I normally pay around $10-12 for 2 big ones on the road vendors
now it is like $20-25 for smaller ones

farmers with good land making now

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 19th, 2022, 7:55 am

De Dragon wrote:

This kinda weather melts sweet pepper on the tree

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 19th, 2022, 12:00 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Not jus sweet peppers, pimento, hot pepper, pumpkin, tomato, etc.
Men planting on slopes gonna make some good money in the next few weeks

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » July 19th, 2022, 12:17 pm

All those can be put in freezer when cheap, u have to roast the tomatoes 1st, then freeze.

88sins wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Not jus sweet peppers, pimento, hot pepper, pumpkin, tomato, etc.
Men planting on slopes gonna make some good money in the next few weeks

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 19th, 2022, 2:38 pm

whether u like inshan or not or stuff u hear about his past : hadda give him credit when he trying to do good ... :|

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=13 ... 8900547385

Inshan Ishmael

I just did a post advising that we would be trying to put something in place to at least try and reduce the price of produce to the end user. The response was so overwhelming, especially one where an elderly woman was brought to tears talking about the hardships she is facing, that I have decided to FastTrack this initiative. In the next few days we will be looking at putting infrastructure in place to facilitate the sale of "FRESH FROM THE SOURCE ITEMS".
I was asked why I am doing this, you see, my family and I were blessed financially and otherwise, nothing that I own is mine, it is on loan to me while I am on this earth. I need to build up my spiritual bank before I become one with the soil..
I can go in Massy and pay $200.00 for a Dragon Fruit or a Baigan for $50.00 without thinking twice, but I had to be stupid as I can get it cheaper at XTRA FOODS, FOOD BASKET, LOW COST or at the market. ( To those who still shop Massy, I personally believe that it may be all about image and nothing else..)
As a practising Muslim, I cannot think about myself while others starve, this is not what life is about..
Time to change the game.. Time to teach those who thrive on GREED that our eyes are now wide open...
Looking to hire bakers to provide high quality hops @ $8.50 a quart as well..( whatsapp me if interested.. 684-4762)

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 19th, 2022, 2:50 pm

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Trinis only want things FREE.

They not supporting the poor man but they bashing high prices but yet STILL supporting the same companies they bashing.

What it is really going on?
You understand this ting?You so right.I was starting a pepper sauce business some years ago.I had my regular customers, but then there were some people, especially family that wanted stuff for free.One set of dotish talk about 'How I want people to buy if they don't get a sample bottle '.I wonder if they ask the grocery for samples.Set of freeloaders.

So how much for the mango jam ? :D

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Rovin wrote:whether u like inshan or not or stuff u hear about his past : hadda give him credit when he trying to do good ...

Inshan Ishmael

I just did a post advising that we would be trying to put something in place to at least try and reduce the price of produce to the end user. The response was so overwhelming, especially one where an elderly woman was brought to tears talking about the hardships she is facing, that I have decided to FastTrack this initiative. In the next few days we will be looking at putting infrastructure in place to facilitate the sale of "FRESH FROM THE SOURCE ITEMS".
I was asked why I am doing this, you see, my family and I were blessed financially and otherwise, nothing that I own is mine, it is on loan to me while I am on this earth. I need to build up my spiritual bank before I become one with the soil..
I can go in Massy and pay $200.00 for a Dragon Fruit or a Baigan for $50.00 without thinking twice, but I had to be stupid as I can get it cheaper at XTRA FOODS, FOOD BASKET, LOW COST or at the market. ( To those who still shop Massy, I personally believe that it may be all about image and nothing else..)
As a practising Muslim, I cannot think about myself while others starve, this is not what life is about..
Time to change the game.. Time to teach those who thrive on GREED that our eyes are now wide open...
Looking to hire bakers to provide high quality hops @ $8.50 a quart as well..( whatsapp me if interested.. 684-4762)

“Pretending” to be good.

He should be the last person to accuse others of doing something for “image”.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 19th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Continue paying them soucouyant prices for the pips.Lets be real,if you judging your social status by which grocery you buying from, you a broke @$$ mofo with delusions of grandeur.Wealthy people know how to not spend unnecessary money.Thats why they wealthy.For a summer job when I was younger, I worked for a 1% owned clothes store.I learned a lot from the owner, real cool guy.That guy never wasted anything, down to the straight pins that came with the clothes and twist ties from the pack of garbage bags(he used to cut them in half)
Waste not, want not

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 19th, 2022, 5:43 pm

timelapse wrote:Continue paying them soucouyant prices for the pips.Lets be real,if you judging your social status by which grocery you buying from, you a broke @$$ mofo with delusions of grandeur.Wealthy people know how to not spend unnecessary money.Thats why they wealthy.For a summer job when I was younger, I worked for a 1% owned clothes store.I learned a lot from the owner, real cool guy.That guy never wasted anything, down to the straight pins that came with the clothes and twist ties from the pack of garbage bags(he used to cut them in half)
Waste not, want not

my indian parents grew me up like that too eh , conserving , making good use, not wasting & being smart is not a race thing , anybody can be brought up or taught these life lessons whether ur old\young or rich\poor ... :|

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 19th, 2022, 5:47 pm

This thread starting to feel like a geriatric thread boi...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 19th, 2022, 5:50 pm

DMan7 wrote:This thread starting to feel like a geriatric thread boi...

Takes one to know one

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 19th, 2022, 5:56 pm

well unless u dead young 1 day sooner\later we all gonna become geriatric ...

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 19th, 2022, 5:58 pm

being geriatric sucks... ask any geriatric

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 19th, 2022, 6:09 pm

paid_influencer wrote:being geriatric sucks... ask any geriatric

Aye. No, eh!

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 19th, 2022, 6:17 pm

plenty mamoo's in this thread boi...

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 19th, 2022, 6:20 pm

When you move out of your mudda and fadda house, wheel and try again.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 19th, 2022, 6:24 pm

Soo all the geriatrics got offended boi...

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 20th, 2022, 5:55 pm

Wha yuh mudda cook for you today? You contribute any money to the grocery or market bills? Any bills at all?
Or yuh still scrounging off yuh mudda and fadda?

Any plans to to move out of parents home? Or yuh waiting for them to dead and fight with yuh family for the property?

Grow up kid.
Life is hard.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 20th, 2022, 6:02 pm

I see the truth offends. Nothing wrong with being geriatric fellas, enjoy it!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 20th, 2022, 6:14 pm

so we move from sufferer to geriatrics

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 20th, 2022, 7:10 pm

Life is no where near as hard when you live at home. That's just being smart. Hahaha!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 21st, 2022, 9:38 pm

Turkey says Moscow, Kyiv to sign UN grain export deal on Friday
Russia, Ukraine and Turkey will sign a UN-backed deal to free up grain exports from Ukraine’s besieged ports on Friday, the Turkish presidency says.

Wheat futures fell nearly 4% on the news.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 22nd, 2022, 2:21 am

pugboy wrote:so we move from sufferer to geriatrics

Sufferers complain and are not loyal .
They will switch from KFC to Royal based on price .

Geriatrics complain and are extremely loyal.
They will not switch but will return to complain .

And it usually about curry .
And flood .

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 22nd, 2022, 4:49 am

RedVEVO wrote:

And flood .

complain about prices all you want but pass any kfc or RC or even a chinese restaurant and see the car park full. even the drive tru in mickey Dees in grand bazar line long. rituals and starbuks full. allyuh go complain baigan is $75 for one but or lettuce is $14 and sweet pepper is $20 but gladly walk in subway and pay $50 for 7 thin strips of sweetpepper, fake bread , fake soya chicken an eat it an belch with satisfaction.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 22nd, 2022, 4:56 am

RedVEVO wrote:

And flood .

i walking tru charlotte street a couple days ago and gone in the grocery at the end of the street. i listen to a mampie powder neck buying some frozen meat complaining how the chinee raise the price. is late $90 it was panday raise the price so why TF is not rowlee raise the price. everyone against the black man beside rowlee. black people need to grow up an face facts. face the fact that they are incompetent as a people and needs to be told what to do but as history has teach us a next black man will trow a next black man into slavery for a few boom sticks and fry chicken as they did in africa that led to the slave trade. yet them black in TT trust and feel rowlee is god them when he will sell them for fry chicken watermelon and orange soda.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » July 22nd, 2022, 6:57 am

MaxPower wrote:
Rovin wrote:whether u like inshan or not or stuff u hear about his past : hadda give him credit when he trying to do good ...

Inshan Ishmael

“Pretending” to be good.

He should be the last person to accuse others of doing something for “image”.
I am sure he has helped hundreds of people... Much more than you or your MP who has access to taxpayers money have done....so please shut the fuc#k up for once in your pathetic life... Blasted PNM parasite.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 22nd, 2022, 12:43 pm

So a deal has supposedly been made to allow Ukrainian agricultural produce to be shipped.

Lets see if grain prices recede!!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”