Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby 88sins » July 1st, 2022, 6:20 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
dogg wrote:
88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:[spoiler]
hover11 wrote:
88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:I don't care what people say.

I love shopping at Massy and I don't mind paying extra to be amongst my kind of people. I dress up nice and triple mask. Many 1% girls I know dress up to go to Massy.

It's like paying extra to shop at Target instead of Walmart.

as I mentioned before,
stupid is as stupid does, and idiots will try to make anything into a status symbol.
Paying more for the same food then complaining aboutfood prices too high but at least we have a nice ambience probably paying for the experience

I never complain about the higher price....each person is different. I don't like to be around plebs.

With that being said, if you were to walk into a house of mirrors you'd be extremely uncomfortable.

That a classic! :lol: :lol:

I still can't believe ppl feel that shopping at specific supermarkets is some kinda stush thing.

[/spoiler]
1% understand it. Plebs like you won't :lol:

Some of us also dress up nice to go to the park. Only Gucci.

:lol:
Son, I only have 2 things to update you on

1-True "1%", don't wear Gucci, particularly when they choose to "dress up". It's tailor made one of a kind apparel, or nothing. You will not be able to find a brand label on anything they wear to step out.

2-shop wherever you want. Whether you pay $100/lb for beef, or another person pays $0.50/kilo for beef, its your choice, but unless you can accept and understand the commonality, you promoting mindless waste. Because whether you like it or not, fact remains it's all eventually going to be turned into shite, no matter what you paid for it.
So unless you gonna hold onto said shite and show ppl that you spent $100 or $1000 or $10000/lb plus cooking costs to make said shite, there's really very little excuse for paying more for something somewhere when you can get the exact same thing elsewhere for much less.

Keep making them thousand dollar shitz bruh.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 1st, 2022, 6:33 pm

Thread getting derailed by quoting 88sins comment with poor formatting. See if this helps.
Last edited by SuperiorMan on July 1st, 2022, 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 1st, 2022, 6:38 pm

Is it just me or is their some weird formatting going on this page?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 1st, 2022, 6:44 pm

Judging by the comments I think I belong to the -1%.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 1st, 2022, 7:09 pm

This thread derailed badly

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » July 1st, 2022, 10:22 pm

Bermudez hikes prices by 9.80% average

crix.png

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... c1d18.html

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 1st, 2022, 10:53 pm

many threads bring out the sufferers in us eh

matix wrote:This thread derailed badly

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 2nd, 2022, 12:14 am

Royal Castle raising prices as well:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 2nd, 2022, 12:17 am

shaneelal wrote: Bermudez hikes prices by 9.80% average

crix.png

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... c1d18.html

WDA. Shaneelal check yuh Maths. Nothing there averages out to a 9.8% increase.

Bermudez raised their prices on a box of Crix by almost 30%.

That means a box of Crix in the factory will go from $40.00 to $52.00. Let them eat cake, oui.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 2nd, 2022, 2:58 am

^^

No maters how expensive Royal Castle gets the fans of RC will purchase .

Royal Castle is T&T's culture .

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 2nd, 2022, 5:20 am

Well I hear these politicians say when consumer demand for alternatives to wheat flour increases the price of those alternatives will decrease.

So why don't these companies that making these alternatives to wheat flour approach companies that use flour as the main ingredient in their products to get the increasesd volume ball rolling?
I suspect is because they know that they cannot provide their alternative products in sufficient quantities and at a price point that can rival wheat flour.

daring dragoon
12 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 2nd, 2022, 8:36 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

how long before these companies price themselves out of the market? the average man who cannot afford a new car buys foreign used so will foreign chicken be in greater demand now and local chicken left to rot?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 2nd, 2022, 9:51 am

daring dragoon wrote:

how long before these companies price themselves out of the market? the average man who cannot afford a new car buys foreign used so will foreign chicken be in greater demand now and local chicken left to rot?
Never gonna happen....fast food like alcohol and cigarettes are inelastic when it comes to trinis. A 2 piece with fries could be 100 dollars , trinis will continue buying and say well it could have been worse could be 150

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 2nd, 2022, 10:00 am

hover11 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:

Never gonna happen....fast food like alcohol and cigarettes are inelastic when it comes to trinis. A 2 piece with fries could be 100 dollars , trinis will continue buying and say well it could have been worse could be 150

Wrong again - even pre-COVID.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 2nd, 2022, 10:17 am

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:

Was trinidad's economy robust or anywhere close to pre covid please tell me. Our economy was and remains dog sheit and covid just accelerated it to where we are now.

Alot of extraordinary circumstances where alot of ppl were jobless and had no disposable income due to a global pandemic......I am talking about now where things remain constant and ppl are employed.....kfc and royal castle and other restaurateurs know fully well that if they increase prices, demand remains the same. I still see kfc in town packed with customers so who really suffering in this country? Clearly demand is still there

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 2nd, 2022, 10:31 am

dogg wrote:
I still can't believe ppl feel that shopping at specific supermarkets is some kinda stush thing.

doggo,

You still toting over people that shop in the “high end” supermarkets? Oh gosh stop parking up outside Massy and maccoin who going in and out na and tipping the trolly pushers $100. Leave them alone.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 2nd, 2022, 10:54 am

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:

Was trinidad's economy robust or anywhere close to pre covid please tell me. Our economy was and remains dog sheit and covid just accelerated it to where we are now.

Alot of extraordinary circumstances where alot of ppl were jobless and had no disposable income due to a global pandemic......I am talking about now where things remain constant and ppl are employed.....kfc and royal castle and other restaurateurs know fully well that if they increase prices, demand remains the same. I still see kfc in town packed with customers so who really suffering in this country? Clearly demand is still there

COVID started in December 2019.
TTO GDP per capita has gone DOWN since 2019.
TTO unemployment has gone UP since 2019.
The article up there was published pre-COVID.
Maybe you wanted to use a new word that you just learned in night school. Maybe you believe that the economy got better - the Central Bank says that it didn't.

I don't know what you're trying to say in this latest rage post - and I doubt that you know either. But ...

The largest fast-food chain in the region complained of declining sales due price increases. That is the very definition of price ELASTICITY.

You were wrong - again.

ImageImage

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 2nd, 2022, 11:00 am

dont\never eat crix so for me not 1fork given on whatever price it sells for

every few mths i feel to eat some royal castle so i guess d few $ more is not a joy to pay but wont kill me if i really crave a 2-3 piece ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 2nd, 2022, 11:03 am

btw - u guys shud ease up on d petty disagreements & not mess up an informative thread that is so relevant to every1 of us

like d mods sticking on cleaning up too ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2022, 11:04 am

i think kfc was having the sales and tuesday specials before covid

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 2nd, 2022, 12:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:
dogg wrote:

doggo,

You still toting over people that shop in the “high end” supermarkets? Oh gosh stop parking up outside Massy and maccoin who going in and out na and tipping the trolly pushers $100. Leave them alone.

:D :D :D :D

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 2nd, 2022, 5:32 pm

All old talk and fast food aside, kfc sales today is actually lower than sales prior to covid. And unfortunately, unemployment is also higher than it was pre covid as well. Disposable income shrank due to increases in the cost of food and transportation, and other services, wages stagnant, etc.0

Generally speaking, if we being brutally honest, quite a few of the fast food franchises we have here will probably not survive the next 24-36 months if their sales don't pick up. Subway, Little Ceasars, domino's, etc, many will eventually go the way of the dodo.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 2nd, 2022, 5:38 pm

i donno how little caesers making. they have 2 for 1 pizzas regularly -- like $35 per large pizza. I donno how that sustainable

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2022, 5:40 pm

i notice that too,
impossible to sell at that price and pay staff and rent

paid_influencer wrote:i donno how little caesers making. they have 2 for 1 pizzas regularly -- like $35 per large pizza. I donno how that sustainable

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2022, 5:43 pm

on the low end for sure there will be closures but on the high end there are still many places selling foot at $50 meal prices and nobody is complaining

88sins wrote:All old talk and fast food aside, kfc sales today is actually lower than sales prior to covid. And unfortunately, unemployment is also higher than it was pre covid as well. Disposable income shrank due to increases in the cost of food and transportation, and other services, wages stagnant, etc.0

Generally speaking, if we being brutally honest, quite a few of the fast food franchises we have here will probably not survive the next 24-36 months if their sales don't pick up. Subway, Little Ceasars, domino's, etc, many will eventually go the way of the dodo.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 2nd, 2022, 7:05 pm

Market vendors were apologizing for the higher prices today. The rains also ruined some crops so plenty local fruit, seasonings, peppers, lettuce and others have terrible quality this week.

Prob spent about 10-15% more on my average Saturday market run

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 2nd, 2022, 7:12 pm

You Guyanese are so quaint, being in awe of supermarket chains, buildings over 3 stories high, traffic lights etc.

You go on taking selfies and sending back to Guyana. That's fine.

Just don't say in public that our local chain supermarkets and the such are for specific classes of people ok?, you're just exposing yourself as a never-see-come-see – that a trini saying BTW.

All are welcomed at any grocery from mini-mart to warehouse clubs, once you're buying something and not just taking selfies. Understand?

MaxPower wrote:
dogg wrote:

doggo,

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 7:24 pm

88sins wrote:All old talk and fast food aside, kfc sales today is actually lower than sales prior to covid. And unfortunately, unemployment is also higher than it was pre covid as well. Disposable income shrank due to increases in the cost of food and transportation, and other services, wages stagnant, etc.0

Because they getting licks from a lot of recently opened privately owned food places that have better tasting, higher quality food with second to none customer service at bargain prices.

A lot of people lost jobs due to covid and a lot of constructive people used the time to learn food prep and cooking. Post covid they got into food ops and God bless their souls.

You play your cards right you can link up with the suplliers for most groceries and restaurants. Link with a few pple and put down a wholesale order.

The problem with a lot of those prestige holding owned places is not so much the price, it's the staff and consistency. Hoggish attitude, go slow, face wring up like scrambled eggs and they starting to keep the establishment like how they keep their homes.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2022, 9:07 pm

the chinese junk fast food take a big chunk from kfc
based simply on price even though you get less chicken since they giving you chopped up pieces

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 2nd, 2022, 9:11 pm

dogg wrote:Understand?

I understand you are jelly of others.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”