Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dogg
Riding on 16's

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby dogg » June 27th, 2022, 3:15 pm

hover11 wrote:
dogg wrote:Toilet paper gone up 15% @ pricesmart. What shite is this??
What brand?

Snuggles

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 27th, 2022, 4:02 pm

Yes it has. But the rolls are bigger and the paper is a bit stronger. So you are not using as much as the previous type.
dogg wrote:
hover11 wrote:
What brand?

Snuggles

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 27th, 2022, 5:34 pm

get a bidet

1 block is all u need

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 27th, 2022, 6:23 pm

better yet get a squat toilet like in europe and asia
along with the wash hose

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 27th, 2022, 6:27 pm

Guardian paper does wuk good.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 27th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Well storm coming.

So Trinis priority is to get toilet paper.

Smart move by PM.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » June 27th, 2022, 7:29 pm

paid_influencer wrote:get a bidet

1 block is all u need

Boi, you know how many Tuners would drink from it thinking it was a water fountain???? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 28th, 2022, 6:20 pm

sheit is right.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 29th, 2022, 7:07 am

MaxPower wrote:

Well storm coming.

Smart move by PM.
Will never comprehend the fascination with toilet paper when we are faced with a crisis. Wonder if that's what they did in the coup, loot toilet paper.....
Last edited by hover11 on June 29th, 2022, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 29th, 2022, 7:16 am

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Well storm coming.

Smart move by PM.
Will never comprehend the fascination with toilet paper when we are faced with a crisis

Allyuh hoighty toity people doh know about - gazette paper - because allyuh doh buy papers to read.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 29th, 2022, 7:33 am

bluefete wrote:
hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Well storm coming.

Smart move by PM.
Will never comprehend the fascination with toilet paper when we are faced with a crisis

Allyuh hoighty toity people doh know about - gazette paper - because allyuh doh buy papers to read.

Blue,

You don’t have the app or browser?

What are papers made from?

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » June 29th, 2022, 10:50 am

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Well storm coming.

Smart move by PM.
Will never comprehend the fascination with toilet paper when we are faced with a crisis. Wonder if that's what they did in the coup, loot toilet paper.....

Yeah its incomprehensible that people would talk about the rising cost of living in the rising cost of living thread

daring dragoon
12 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 29th, 2022, 7:51 pm

Saw today a 5lb bag of cro cro in seafood enterprise was even during lent for $50 is now $125 a 150% increase in price. Who go pay $125 for a bag of crocro. Madness.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 29th, 2022, 8:14 pm

You know I does really see why supermarkets does raise there price cause massy is the most expensive grocery and people does rush to go there smh I just don’t understand how dotish Trinidadians are

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 29th, 2022, 8:19 pm

Back to latrin and drag a$$ on de grass after.. Good to go

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 29th, 2022, 9:22 pm

who do you think is cheapest grocery?

hover11 wrote:You know I does really see why supermarkets does raise there price cause massy is the most expensive grocery and people does rush to go there smh I just don’t understand how dotish Trinidadians are

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 29th, 2022, 9:29 pm

pugboy wrote:who do you think is cheapest grocery?

hover11 wrote:You know I does really see why supermarkets does raise there price cause massy is the most expensive grocery and people does rush to go there smh I just don’t understand how dotish Trinidadians are
Tbh it have no cheap grocery again, the Supermarket Association makes it appear as if one is cheaper than the other but you the individual have to shop around and see where suits your budget. The fact is the grocery bill now is increasing every month or every other month for most.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 29th, 2022, 9:30 pm

As I mentioned long ago, Trinis will try to turn literally ANYTHING into some sort of a status symbol.
It have ppl that KNOW they can get the exact same items, of the exact same quality, far cheaper in a different supermarket that's just as clean and spacious and organized and comfortable with the same degree of variety, and they will STILL pay more at Massy, just to say "I shop at Massy".

Stupid is as stupid does

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 29th, 2022, 9:38 pm

Lol, so your statement is heresy

hover11 wrote:
pugboy wrote:who do you think is cheapest grocery?

Tbh it have no cheap grocery again, the Supermarket Association makes it appear as if one is cheaper than the other but you the individual have to shop around and see where suits your budget. The fact is the grocery bill now is increasing every month or every other month for most.

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » June 29th, 2022, 11:01 pm

gastly369 wrote:
Back to latrin and drag a$$ on de grass after.. Good to go
Seems "sensual", just take ah piece of fig leaf and cool yourself down na

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 30th, 2022, 6:12 am

88sins wrote:

As I mentioned long ago, Trinis will try to turn literally ANYTHING into some sort of a status symbol.
It have ppl that KNOW they can get the exact same items, of the exact same quality, far cheaper in a different supermarket that's just as clean and spacious and organized and comfortable with the same degree of variety, and they will STILL pay more at Massy, just to say "I shop at Massy".

Stupid is as stupid does
Sometimes is the surroundings. Low prices attract pests.

Have one popular establishment that supposedly sell cheap, not by much, sometimes by $0.25 and people will come there 50 time for the month just to save $2.00.

They cant park properly, they can't enter or exit the car park properly, they cause traffic on the already narrow road, they open doors and hit your car, people will lean on or sit on your car, they can't form a line, they can't wait in a line, they cut line, they will come to cash one item with a price tag on it and wait till the cashier done cash only to be looking for the money, when cashier done cash it have nobody to bag so someone at the front of the line waiting for a bagger keeping back traffic, they rude, they will rearrange shelves, open items and put back, damage goods etc...

I will go massy and pay my extra $$$ for peace of mind. You know what it is like to be waiting in a line to cash and when you get to the front some idiot want to come and cut in because he wanna cash a nip of puncheon and vex if you won't let him cut in despite the fact you may also have one item.

Then when you walk outside the same person outside waiting on you hurling threaths and useless security turns a blind eye because that's not their problem or its not within their establishment and you have to restrain yourself from committing a crime by running this person over or running them off the road because they take to the streets now with road rage.

One lash and some ah these people on the ground unconscious, they are just potential jail time walking around.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 30th, 2022, 7:08 am

nervewrecker wrote:
88sins wrote:

Stupid is as stupid does
Sometimes is the surroundings. Low prices attract pests.

Have one popular establishment that supposedly sell cheap, not by much, sometimes by $0.25 and people will come there 50 time for the month just to save $2.00.

They cant park properly, they can't enter or exit the car park properly, they cause traffic on the already narrow road, they open doors and hit your car, people will lean on or sit on your car, they can't form a line, they can't wait in a line, they cut line, they will come to cash one item with a price tag on it and wait till the cashier done cash only to be looking for the money, when cashier done cash it have nobody to bag so someone at the front of the line waiting for a bagger keeping back traffic, they rude, they will rearrange shelves, open items and put back, damage goods etc...

I will go massy and pay my extra $$$ for peace of mind. You know what it is like to be waiting in a line to cash and when you get to the front some idiot want to come and cut in because he wanna cash a nip of puncheon and vex if you won't let him cut in despite the fact you may also have one item.

Then when you walk outside the same person outside waiting on you hurling threaths and useless security turns a blind eye because that's not their problem or its not within their establishment and you have to restrain yourself from committing a crime by running this person over or running them off the road because they take to the streets now with road rage.

One lash and some ah these people on the ground unconscious, they are just potential jail time walking around.
Respectfully that's your choice however you not in a position to complain about food prices. At the end of the day is not a restaurant or a fete, is a grocery, no matter how fancy it is. You paying more for the same goods that everybody else is buying. Again that's your choice but you can't complain that things going up when you shopping by massy who has an already established high profit margin to begin with. Ppl who watching their pockets and budget don't shop massy period.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 30th, 2022, 8:17 am

you seem to be a massy hater lol

I hope ppl watching their pockets arent shopping at xtrafoods either
xtrafoods is a lot more expensive than massy for many items. even commoditized items like flour

cleanliness is also something you need to consider

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 30th, 2022, 8:33 am

88sins wrote:

Stupid is as stupid does

Massy is the most comfortable grocery in the country to shop in. Hands down. Idk about all this sheit about status symbol. I shop there because of convenience, service, layout and general comfort while shopping.

In contrast, Xtra foods in grand bazaar feels like a flea market. And I've observed are more expensive than massy on plenty items so to each their own.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 30th, 2022, 9:15 am

ppl most comfortable in their home surrounding bro

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » June 30th, 2022, 9:22 am

Go to SS Persad’s in Mayaro, comfortable, clean, prices much better, nice eye candy, excellent in house bakery items, helpful staff (you get that with most country people). If your grocery bill for the month is a few thousand elsewhere then you’ll definitely save some $$$ there.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 30th, 2022, 10:34 am

Go grocery in Mayaro?!
Whatever I saving there, I paying for with gas and wear and tear on my car from bad roads

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » June 30th, 2022, 10:52 am

Garden produce at Massy tends to be higher than other groceries, everything else is just about the same as other supermarkets IMO.

But who in their right minds would buy market stuff at supermarkets? Its half price at markets and market stalls.

Meats also is also substantially less expensive at pluck shops and butchers. Buy your fresh meats there - if you know trust-worthy ones. Some of them thaw out imported dumped meat and sell as fresh.

Also massy has their discount card that offers 1% cash-back. Other groceries also have them. Some supermarkets also take 1% discount Medicards which you get with some insurance products -there's no fee for that.

Shopping with cash back credit cards also gives you 1% cash-back.

Pricesmart has a co-branded credit card that gives 4% cash back on purchases there and 1% everywhere else.

Those little discounts add up. Take advantage where you can.
Last edited by dogg on June 30th, 2022, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 30th, 2022, 10:53 am

pugboy wrote:you seem to be a massy hater lol

I hope ppl watching their pockets arent shopping at xtrafoods either
xtrafoods is a lot more expensive than massy for many items. even commoditized items like flour

cleanliness is also something you need to consider

bet you his tuner daddy parlour selling higher than massy lol

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » June 30th, 2022, 10:54 am

88sins wrote:and they will STILL pay more at Massy, just to say "I shop at Massy".

Stupid is as stupid does

There's ony one person I know who boasts about shopping at Massy, and he's a poster here. Poor guy.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”