Long Term Cost of Ownership Hybrid/Electric

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Long Term Cost of Ownership Hybrid/Electric

Postby pugboy » September 30th, 2022, 2:24 pm

turbo or non turbo ?

nick639v2 wrote:Subaru chime in here, I have the Forester. This is heavier and has the 2.0 engine. I average 7.5L/100km and that’s regular driving, not at all trying to be conservative. The transmission in these keep you around the speed limit effortlessly and I’m sure there’s some witchcraft going on because before school reopened I managed to get 810km from 55L..

Dave was it you who sent me sti trim bits on a XV?? I’m in need of that website .

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 30th, 2022, 2:45 pm

Non turbo 2021 model

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 30th, 2022, 3:15 pm

Sorry man... wasn't me.

Your pre school mileage wasn't witchcraft...it was no traffic!
nick639v2 wrote:Subaru chime in here, I have the Forester. This is heavier and has the 2.0 engine. I average 7.5L/100km and that’s regular driving, not at all trying to be conservative. The transmission in these keep you around the speed limit effortlessly and I’m sure there’s some witchcraft going on because before school reopened I managed to get 810km from 55L..

Dave was it you who sent me sti trim bits on a XV?? I’m in need of that website .

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 30th, 2022, 7:04 pm

i not a hybrid owner but i seeing an ad on fb for "HYBRID BATTERY CONDITIONING SPECIAL $600" ... so jes curious on what exactly they doing for only 600 ?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » September 30th, 2022, 7:16 pm

Rovin wrote:i not a hybrid owner but i seeing an ad on fb for "HYBRID BATTERY CONDITIONING SPECIAL $600" ... so jes curious on what exactly they doing for only 600 ?

Plug in an OBD adapter, open an App on their phone and follow the onscreen step by step instructions.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 30th, 2022, 7:29 pm

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Cantmis wrote:Only buy new hybrids or evs !

seems this is the way to go to save money now that gas gone up again. the foreign used u cant trust them as they roll back mileage and u doh know how much mileage that battery went through (unless u do a 'scan'?).

but ideally it have to be with several years warranty for that hybrid battery - so which dealer offering that? toyota?

Toyota hybrid battery warranty depends on where it was purchased. They range from 5 yr/100k mile to 10 yr/150k mile. The UK offers an extended 15 yr warranty.

the local dealers offer it?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 1st, 2022, 11:43 am

redmanjp wrote:
adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Cantmis wrote:Only buy new hybrids or evs !

seems this is the way to go to save money now that gas gone up again. the foreign used u cant trust them as they roll back mileage and u doh know how much mileage that battery went through (unless u do a 'scan'?).

but ideally it have to be with several years warranty for that hybrid battery - so which dealer offering that? toyota?

Toyota hybrid battery warranty depends on where it was purchased. They range from 5 yr/100k mile to 10 yr/150k mile. The UK offers an extended 15 yr warranty.

the local dealers offer it?
Talk to the doc:

7844130, Dr striver.

Bimmerhead
Street 2NR

Postby Bimmerhead » October 5th, 2022, 3:39 pm

Toyota Corolla Cross.
This surprised me 8.7km/l. Guess if fuel efficiency is important you'd buy one of Toyota's Hybrid models.
Attachments
af7a76966bb7c248d867d7d8e94ee599.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 5th, 2022, 3:58 pm

Ouch that is really bad. Wonder if the 2.0 in the Usdm is better?

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » October 5th, 2022, 8:16 pm

Bimmerhead wrote:Toyota Corolla Cross.
This surprised me 8.7km/l. Guess if fuel efficiency is important you'd buy one of Toyota's Hybrid models.

whey that rel lame considering big heavy frontier luggin around crap right thru and i get 10-13km/l an i is one ah dem man always up on ppl bumper pacin to overtake on d right jus enuff to always be shining meh ova bright retrofit led lights in ppl eye and wing mirror.

Bimmerhead
Street 2NR

Postby Bimmerhead » October 6th, 2022, 9:06 am

Yea i was pleasantly surprised aswell, although i may round it off to about 10-11km/l in the event the last driver was pretty harsh on the pedal.

Fortunately for Daxt0r you are diesel and iirc they tend to burn diesel at a slower rate once running than gasoline although the engines are typically bigger (2.0l +) and some turbocharged.

Bimmerhead
Street 2NR

Postby Bimmerhead » October 18th, 2022, 12:45 pm

FINALLY got some insight into the Lexus CT. Honestly a bit surprised expected a little better but it doesnt make me love it any less <3. Recently a PDR series was posted to Pin.tt.

2016 Lexus CT 14.2km/l
Attachments
7b1f52e326cff68329d18f733128bcdc.jpg

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 18th, 2022, 3:37 pm

Bimmerhead wrote:FINALLY got some insight into the Lexus CT. Honestly a bit surprised expected a little better but it doesnt make me love it any less <3. Recently a PDR series was posted to Pin.tt.

2016 Lexus CT 14.2km/l

That’s my avg in the 2.0 forester, and I do 12km/l in my np300.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » October 18th, 2022, 5:13 pm

Wait... Don't take offence eh, but you sure that's the correct consumption? Is it consistent? I had ah old bragadang age 20yrs and I got 10km/L. Maybe its a computation mistake or something?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 19th, 2022, 7:57 am

viedcht wrote:
Wait... Don't take offence eh, but you sure that's the correct consumption? Is it consistent? I had ah old bragadang age 20yrs and I got 10km/L. Maybe its a computation mistake or something?
EPA estimate is 12.6 km/l. Variations in traffic and driving conditions would make the results plausible.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 19th, 2022, 8:06 am

Our crosses come 1.8 whereas the USA benchmark is a 2.0.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 19th, 2022, 1:58 pm

adnj wrote:
viedcht wrote:
EPA estimate is 12.6 km/l. Variations in traffic and driving conditions would make the results plausible.

depends whether its city/traffic or free highway driving. tho i heard a hybrid not as efficient at>80kph as a non-hybrid - that true?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » October 19th, 2022, 3:06 pm

redmanjp wrote:
adnj wrote:
viedcht wrote:

depends whether its city/traffic or free highway driving. tho i heard a hybrid not as efficient at>80kph as a non-hybrid - that true?

Correct because at over 70kph the engine runs constant so it burns gas as normal. Main rd driving once u under 70kph and you release the accelerator the EV kicks in until you accelerate hard again. I accelerate to build up to about 60kph, release the accelerator to let the Ev kick in and then press the accelerator a little bit and hold, just enough to maintain that speed without the EV cutting off. I can go a good 2km before the battery goes low and the engine kicks in to recharge

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » October 19th, 2022, 4:41 pm

15.1 km/l ... 2020 impreza
20221019_163827.jpg

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » October 19th, 2022, 6:48 pm

adnj wrote:
viedcht wrote:
I was hoping we getting more efficient with fuel consumption. Saw some older fielder non- hybrid men saying their average mixed is 14-16km/L. Corolla cross I had higher hopes for

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 19th, 2022, 6:57 pm

redmanjp wrote:
adnj wrote:
viedcht wrote:

The EPA estimates are 30 city/31 highway. There is not going to be much differe nce in estimated economy between 1.8L and 2.0L. The engines are usually only smaller to meet import requirements. The larger engines are kept to improve low end torque.

Bimmerhead
Street 2NR

Postby Bimmerhead » October 21st, 2022, 10:58 am

fokhan_96 wrote:15.1 km/l ... 2020 impreza20221019_163827.jpg

This is very impressive i must say.

Only question, does this take super or premium?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 21st, 2022, 2:35 pm

Musical Doc wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
adnj wrote:
viedcht wrote:

Correct because at over 70kph the engine runs constant so it burns gas as normal. Main rd driving once u under 70kph and you release the accelerator the EV kicks in until you accelerate hard again. I accelerate to build up to about 60kph, release the accelerator to let the Ev kick in and then press the accelerator a little bit and hold, just enough to maintain that speed without the EV cutting off. I can go a good 2km before the battery goes low and the engine kicks in to recharge

so there is no transmission or overdrive that would have improved efficiency above 80?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 21st, 2022, 2:41 pm

so driving below 70 and even if engine is running to charge the battery is more efficient than using engine to drive at higher speed?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » October 21st, 2022, 2:49 pm

Bimmerhead wrote:

Super. And i don't use that silly auto start/stop function... that just does annoy me.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » October 21st, 2022, 2:50 pm

pugboy wrote:so driving below 70 and even if engine is running to charge the battery is more efficient than using engine to drive at higher speed?

You see, it is not only the engine charges the battery, energy generated from mashing brakes is directed to charge the battery as well. So while driving on the highway, the engine is constantly running, but driving below 70 like on a main rd, the engine barely runs because mashing brakes to pull corners and stopping in traffic all helps to charge the battery. If you know the south area, when I get off the highway at golconda, I can use battery power from there straight until the cross crossing interchange is there is minor traffic. So even while driving on battery on that road, mashing brakes on the corners and for minor bad road helps power back up the battery a bit.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » October 21st, 2022, 2:54 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
adnj wrote:
viedcht wrote:

so there is no transmission or overdrive that would have improved efficiency above 80?

I guess it is what you comparing it to. Toyotas is generally fuel effiicient vehicles(imo). Comparing the same highway run from sando to mt hope, my wife's aqua will use less gas than my tiida. The only way to probably compare is to use a hybrid fielder vs a non hybrid fielder.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » October 21st, 2022, 8:55 pm

8.7kml is city driving with ac on a cold start kinda fuel economy

Bimmerhead
Street 2NR

Postby Bimmerhead » October 22nd, 2022, 9:06 pm

fokhan_96 wrote:
Bimmerhead wrote:

Super. And i don't use that silly auto start/stop function... that just does annoy me.

Good things man!! Need to remember that

Checked a partner with a 2017 Hybrid Fielder doing 21km/l but also told me his mechanic told him don’t keep the car past 100k. Apart from the initial shock I’m there thinking 100k is kinda plenty, a heartless person could get use before selling off.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 22nd, 2022, 10:14 pm

just curious, what make the mechanic so knowledgeable?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”