Forums

Curfew and State of Emergency

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Curfew and State of Emergency

Postby Kenjo » September 3rd, 2021, 11:53 pm

redmanjp wrote:but wait this is not d same place police tell them they can't be in dey yard? now he can't have a sign on the pavement

I feel police tapping into his home camera system and he doesn’t even realise it . So many times you going to have confrontations with them and they are coming with blue lights . Some persons personalities and just to oppose authority or anything for that matter so he may not even realise something is wrong with him . Duck down at least behind the car and done . As a young guy he probably used to get real bobolized

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 4th, 2021, 7:34 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ this isn't a case where your house is on acres of land.
He was washing his car in his yard - I can't see any room for subjectivity there.
A business in St James at 9:29 p.m. with the front gate open and a sign still out on the curb looks suspicious to me.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 4th, 2021, 8:39 am

adnj wrote:
He was washing his car in his yard - I can't see any room for subjectivity there.
A business in St James at 9:29 p.m. with the front gate open and a sign still out on the curb looks suspicious to me.
Yeah that kinda suspect.
However, as that guy, I would have continued doing what I was doing if it was my personal car that I washing in my own yard.Any officer setting a toe on my property without a warrant was going to get some court time for trespassing and causing me distress.TT Pig Service need to stay in their lane.What determines my property is my land deed, so all of them could suck an egg as far as I concerned
Note, my front fence is about 3 feet inside my boundary because of flower plants etc.So they trespassing even without being in my yard

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 4th, 2021, 8:58 am

timelapse wrote:
adnj wrote:
Yeah that kinda suspect.
However, as that guy, I would have continued doing what I was doing if it was my personal car that I washing in my own yard.Any officer setting a toe on my property without a warrant was going to get some court time for trespassing and causing me distress.TT Pig Service need to stay in their lane.What determines my property is my land deed, so all of them could suck an egg as far as I concerned
Note, my front fence is about 3 feet inside my boundary because of flower plants etc.So they trespassing even without being in my yard
It is difficult to claim trespass upon the grounds of a public business where those grounds are not clearly restricted from entry. Had the gate been closed and latched, yes. Otherwise, it's likely a hard sell to a judge. Perhaps impossible during a State of Emergency.

Collect your sign and lock your front gate. Wave to the police officers as they drive past because now they don't care.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 27th, 2021, 4:55 pm

FB_IMG_1632773041942.jpg
FB_IMG_1632773043920.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 27th, 2021, 5:06 pm

that is to facilitate the safe zones

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 8th, 2021, 2:23 pm

so the Govt cant extend the SOE without Opposition support. What's to stop them from declaring a brand new SOE?

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/11/08/moonilal-opposition-would-not-support-soe-extension-but-beware-tricky-pnm/

Moonilal: Opposition would not support SoE extension but beware 'tricky' PNM

Although the Prime Minister has indicated no desire to extend the state of emergency (SoE) beyond this month, the Constitution provides for the two Houses of Parliament to agree to an extension.

According to Section 10 (1) of the Constitution, once a SoE has run for six months and 15 days, it "may be further extended from time to time for not more than three months at any one time, by a resolution passed by both Houses of Parliament and supported by the votes of not less than three-fifths of all the members of each house."

One of the legal bases for declaring a SoE is if a public emergency has arisen as a result of the occurrence of an earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire, outbreak of pestilence or infectious disease or other calamity.

On May 15, the office of the President declared an SoE, which was extended for three months on May 24 and for another three months in August, to end in November.

Oropouche East MP Dr Roodal Moonilal said after six months, the extension has done little to stop the spread of covid19 and there is no way the Opposition would support such a measure.

“I have taken note of the Prime Minister’s comment on his arrival from Scotland, when he indicated Government will not seek an extension of the SoE.

“I want to remind him that he cannot seek an extension of the SoE, because they will get no support from the Opposition. The matter is a moot point. ”

Government has 22 seats while the Opposition has 19. The 22 was sufficient to pass the first extension, which was done via a simple majority.

However, Moonilal warned that while Government cannot proceed with a further extension, as this would require Opposition support in the House, it could introduce another SoE on December 1.

“The People’s National Movement (PNM) is known for its level of trickery and deception, and we must alert the national community that they can end the SoE on November 30 and reintroduce it on December 1 as a new SoE which does not require any opposition support."

Opposition Senator Wade Mark made a similar statement at a UNC press conference earlier Sunday.

He said, "The state of emergency being lifted, I want to remind this country, do not trust the Prime Minister. He has a forked tongue...

“Remember when he told us Petrotrin is not closing down. And if you are closing your fridge and you did not hear me, ‘Petrotrin is not closing down.’ Well, he destroyed Petrotrin.”

He added, "So you can’t trust this Prime Minister. So we await to see if his word has any meaning or if he was just again mamaguying the population.”

Leader of the Movement for Social Justice (MSJ) David Abdulah agreed that Rowley’s announcement not to seek a further extension was a foregone conclusion.

“That was plain for everybody to see. The Government only has the power to impose a SoE for six months. If the SoE is to continue it will require a special majority, that is, support of the Opposition in both the House and the Senate."

He said while Government may have been able to influence the Independent bench in the Senate to vote in favour of the SoE, with a 22/19 combination in the House, Abdulah said it is a foregone conclusion it was unlikely the Opposition would support it.

“So the SoE and curfew would come to an end in November, we all forecast that. So it is no big news. It is no major development in Trinidad and Tobago. Just the likely political outcome.”

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Curfew and State of Emergency

Postby Dizzy28 » November 8th, 2021, 2:46 pm

The Government doesn't declare the SOE, the President does -
Sections 7 though 12 of the Constitution set out the legal basis for declaring that a state of emergency exists. Per ss. 8 (2), the President may make a proclamation that a “state of public emergency” exists if she is satisfied:

“(a) that a public emergency has arisen as a result of the imminence of a state of war between Trinidad and Tobago and a foreign State;

(b) that a public emergency has arisen as a result of the occurrence of any earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire, outbreak of pestilence or of infectious disease, or other calamity whether similar to the foregoing or not; or

(c) that action has been taken, or is immediately threatened, by any person, of such a nature and on so extensive a scale, as to be likely to endanger the public safety or to deprive the community or any substantial portion of the community of supplies or services essential to life.”

redmanjp wrote:so the Govt cant extend the SOE without Opposition support. What's to stop them from declaring a brand new SOE?

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/11/08/moonilal-opposition-would-not-support-soe-extension-but-beware-tricky-pnm/

[spoiler]

Although the Prime Minister has indicated no desire to extend the state of emergency (SoE) beyond this month, the Constitution provides for the two Houses of Parliament to agree to an extension.

According to Section 10 (1) of the Constitution, once a SoE has run for six months and 15 days, it "may be further extended from time to time for not more than three months at any one time, by a resolution passed by both Houses of Parliament and supported by the votes of not less than three-fifths of all the members of each house."

One of the legal bases for declaring a SoE is if a public emergency has arisen as a result of the occurrence of an earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire, outbreak of pestilence or infectious disease or other calamity.

On May 15, the office of the President declared an SoE, which was extended for three months on May 24 and for another three months in August, to end in November.

Oropouche East MP Dr Roodal Moonilal said after six months, the extension has done little to stop the spread of covid19 and there is no way the Opposition would support such a measure.

“I have taken note of the Prime Minister’s comment on his arrival from Scotland, when he indicated Government will not seek an extension of the SoE.

“I want to remind him that he cannot seek an extension of the SoE, because they will get no support from the Opposition. The matter is a moot point. ”

Government has 22 seats while the Opposition has 19. The 22 was sufficient to pass the first extension, which was done via a simple majority.

However, Moonilal warned that while Government cannot proceed with a further extension, as this would require Opposition support in the House, it could introduce another SoE on December 1.

“The People’s National Movement (PNM) is known for its level of trickery and deception, and we must alert the national community that they can end the SoE on November 30 and reintroduce it on December 1 as a new SoE which does not require any opposition support."

Opposition Senator Wade Mark made a similar statement at a UNC press conference earlier Sunday.

He said, "The state of emergency being lifted, I want to remind this country, do not trust the Prime Minister. He has a forked tongue...

“Remember when he told us Petrotrin is not closing down. And if you are closing your fridge and you did not hear me, ‘Petrotrin is not closing down.’ Well, he destroyed Petrotrin.”

He added, "So you can’t trust this Prime Minister. So we await to see if his word has any meaning or if he was just again mamaguying the population.”

Leader of the Movement for Social Justice (MSJ) David Abdulah agreed that Rowley’s announcement not to seek a further extension was a foregone conclusion.

“That was plain for everybody to see. The Government only has the power to impose a SoE for six months. If the SoE is to continue it will require a special majority, that is, support of the Opposition in both the House and the Senate."

He said while Government may have been able to influence the Independent bench in the Senate to vote in favour of the SoE, with a 22/19 combination in the House, Abdulah said it is a foregone conclusion it was unlikely the Opposition would support it.

“So the SoE and curfew would come to an end in November, we all forecast that. So it is no big news. It is no major development in Trinidad and Tobago. Just the likely political outcome.”

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 8th, 2021, 2:46 pm

The Government doesn't declare the SOE, the President does -
Sections 7 though 12 of the Constitution set out the legal basis for declaring that a state of emergency exists. Per ss. 8 (2), the President may make a proclamation that a “state of public emergency” exists if she is satisfied:

“(a) that a public emergency has arisen as a result of the imminence of a state of war between Trinidad and Tobago and a foreign State;

(b) that a public emergency has arisen as a result of the occurrence of any earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire, outbreak of pestilence or of infectious disease, or other calamity whether similar to the foregoing or not; or

(c) that action has been taken, or is immediately threatened, by any person, of such a nature and on so extensive a scale, as to be likely to endanger the public safety or to deprive the community or any substantial portion of the community of supplies or services essential to life.”

redmanjp wrote:so the Govt cant extend the SOE without Opposition support. What's to stop them from declaring a brand new SOE?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 8th, 2021, 2:52 pm

Would the end of the SoE also mean that beaches will reopen? So things would be back to ‘normal’ on Dec 1st? Appreciate clarification and feedback, thanks.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 8th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Not necessarily. Beaches can still be closed whilst no SOE.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 8th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Still dont understand how bars can open but keep beaches closed, makes no sense, they could open up beaches and leave RIVER limes closed.. its a different kind of behavior at each venue...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 8th, 2021, 3:09 pm

and who's to say the President wont go along with it again? (especially given recent secret goings on between her and the PM)

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 8th, 2021, 5:52 pm

The public health ordinance has enough teeth to cover things like a curfew. Was the SoE really necessary is debatable.
agent007 wrote:Would the end of the SoE also mean that beaches will reopen? So things would be back to ‘normal’ on Dec 1st? Appreciate clarification and feedback, thanks.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » November 8th, 2021, 6:30 pm

IMHO it wasn't and isn't needed. It was a hail Mary attempt to slow down the spread of covid.

It worked in other countries... so leh we try it
Dizzy28 wrote:The public health ordinance has enough teeth to cover things like a curfew. Was the SoE really necessary is debatable.
agent007 wrote:Would the end of the SoE also mean that beaches will reopen? So things would be back to ‘normal’ on Dec 1st? Appreciate clarification and feedback, thanks.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 8th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Apart from the SoE, there are restrictions on public gatherings, which remain at 10 per group. Beaches and rivers remain closed, places of worship are at 50 per cent capacity and operate for 90 minutes per service.

Hinds said other restrictions may end when SoE is over

http://newsday.co.tt/2021/11/08/hinds-o ... M.facebook

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 9th, 2021, 11:03 am

Eeeeee awwwww eeeeee awwwwwww….

The sound of the Donkeys as they await the removal of the SOE.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 9th, 2021, 11:28 am

MaxPower wrote:Eeeeee awwwww eeeeee awwwwwww….

The sound of the Donkeys as they await the removal of the SOE.
More like aiiiiiiii aiiiiiiii...bile-ah bile-ah muchacha.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 9th, 2021, 1:21 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:The public health ordinance has enough teeth to cover things like a curfew. Was the SoE really necessary is debatable.

not really. the pm himself confirmed u cant have a curfew without an SOE. what the ordinance can do is limit gatherings and close businesses at certain times (maybe u can call it a pseudo curfew as u have nowhere to go except home limes) which is what was in place before the SOE.

beaches were closed under the ordinance last year long before the SOE. we eh going back to normal after- in fact the way delta spreading we may have to roll back a bit. and as i said the PM can always call a brand new SOE.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 9th, 2021, 1:37 pm

He should just sell all the rivers an beaches to the 1% an let them make all the beaches and river private an charge a fee to enter an with vaccine cards.we go get real money in the treasury.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 9th, 2021, 1:51 pm

redmanjp wrote:

not really. the pm himself confirmed u cant have a curfew without an SOE. what the ordinance can do is limit gatherings and close businesses at certain times (maybe u can call it a pseudo curfew as u have nowhere to go except home limes) which is what was in place before the SOE.

beaches were closed under the ordinance last year long before the SOE. we eh going back to normal after- in fact the way delta spreading we may have to roll back a bit. and as i said the PM can always call a brand new SOE.

This is from the Quarantine Act, one the pieces of legislation that make up the Health Ordinances.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.07 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

That is the level of power that is available without the need for an SoE.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » November 9th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Still dont understand how bars can open but keep beaches closed, makes no sense, they could open up beaches and leave RIVER limes closed.. its a different kind of behavior at each venue...

It's the carrot by which they are trying to get Trinis to vaccinate.

Currently our vaccination count is approx 600k, within a population of 1.4m

Only 42%. We need to get that number much higher, somewhere in the 75% range before things can normalize.

Too many antivax morons in Trinidad keeping back production.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 9th, 2021, 2:15 pm

teems1 wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:Still dont understand how bars can open but keep beaches closed, makes no sense, they could open up beaches and leave RIVER limes closed.. its a different kind of behavior at each venue...

Only 42%. We need to get that number much higher, somewhere in the 75% range before things can normalize.

then he should make it ah safe zone then?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 9th, 2021, 3:32 pm

teems1 wrote:

This is T& T. The govt puttin emphasis on the wrong thing. They need to put emphasis on what people want
FREE white oak
Free kfc
Free food card
Free cell phone
Feee ham an turkey
Free christmas hamper

An in now for now entire laventille / east west corridor
R vaccinated.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 10th, 2021, 1:32 pm

River lime down the islands lime

Same thing

Prove me wrong

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 10th, 2021, 4:02 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
teems1 wrote:

This is T& T. The govt puttin emphasis on the wrong thing. They need to put emphasis on what people want
FREE white oak
Free kfc
Free food card
Free cell phone
Feee ham an turkey
Free christmas hamper

R vaccinated.
These are what that makes a slave

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 10th, 2021, 5:30 pm

zoom rader wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
teems1 wrote:

FREE white oak
Free kfc
Free food card
Free cell phone
Feee ham an turkey
Free christmas hamper

R vaccinated.

giving people free ting to get the vaccine will work in TT

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 10th, 2021, 5:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:
teems1 wrote:

then he should make it ah safe zone then?

The only reason the beach is not a safe zone is because it can’t be enforced. Leave it lockdown. People too harden.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 10th, 2021, 5:57 pm

SR wrote:River lime down the islands lime

Same thing

Prove me wrong

Not to low self esteem sufferers :lol: . In their thinking high colour people are immune from wajang bevhaviour, and lime with upraised pinkies, wine coolers and classical music :roll:

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 10th, 2021, 7:42 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
teems1 wrote:

FREE white oak
Free kfc
Free food card
Free cell phone
Feee ham an turkey
Free christmas hamper

R vaccinated.

giving people free ting to get the vaccine will work in TT

Lol yea free doubles worked

Advertisement