TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Local Covid Anti-Vaxxers vs Studies Spammers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

So who won the pandemic debate?

Poll ended at August 3rd, 2023, 3:48 pm

Antivaxxers - Ah still alive! babylon cyah kill me!
43%
Covidians - Small pin does chook hard but it save the world.
43%
Me eh care - Allyuh keep arguing nah man, ah wining on dis bumper right here.
14%

Total votes: 14

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Local anti-vaxxers

Postby elec2020 » August 14th, 2021, 7:44 am

This thread is pushing division and discrimination. I can't believe it is being encouraged on the forum

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 14th, 2021, 7:49 am

elec2020 wrote:This thread is pushing division and discrimination. I can't believe it is being encouraged on the forum
Only because you losing the argument.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 14th, 2021, 7:49 am

The more unvaxxed we have the longer we remain in pandemic mode, meaning more cases, more deaths and more lockdowns.

Simple as that. People who choose the remain unvaccinated are setting us back.

If there was a rationale argument for remaining unvaxed I'd entertain it, but frankly there isn't.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 14th, 2021, 7:56 am

timelapse wrote:
elec2020 wrote:This thread is pushing division and discrimination. I can't believe it is being encouraged on the forum
Only because you losing the argument.

of course you would see it that way. From birth the average trini is taught how to be divisive and discriminate against one another so this is nothing new. I am just shocked that the mods allowing a thread that clearly pushes hate and anger on a group of people who have their own reasons for rightfully not putting something foreign into their own bodies. I guess its slavery days again and free choice is out the window. And if you disagree then you an antivaxxer who believes that there are microchips in the vaccine or the vaccine changes your DNA. Its because of preposterous reasons like that why those on the fence about the vaccine not taking it.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 14th, 2021, 8:03 am

the problem is antivaxxers are a broad term
with a variety of reasons

some are really stupid and believe in the 5g/nanobots/microchip conspiracy and need to be hit with a piece of wood for being so stupid

others are also stupid for taking any anecdotal occurrence of something and making it a “proven theory”, also need a lash

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 8:22 am

I get what you saying but these vaccinating persons are beginning to scorn or shun the unvaxxed , like I said it's beginning to look like a cult ,Jim jones style....one of us comes to mind. Persuading heavily for ppl to take the Kool aid(shot) let it be people free will to take it that's their personal choice to take or not. What is to be will be
88sins wrote:
hover11 wrote:Ppl took a chance with polio vaccine why not....pay ppl the correct amount and they would volunteer but then again our efforts aren't on preventing Hiv as that would mean less money on medication for the pharmaceutical industry for treatments
pugboy wrote:not sure who would volunteer for a trial with hiv jab when there is a chance you could get hiv(for life)
at least with covid or flu you have a chance it will eventually pass if you survive the symptoms

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
matr1x wrote:Interesting they developed a vaccine so fast......but hiv still eludes them

Because we have had inactivated vaccine technology (the type used in Sinopharm) for over a century.
We have had other SARS and Flu vaccines for a long time as well.
HIV/AIDS is very different from SARS-CoV-2/Covid.

Take a read
https://www.poz.com/article/howd-get-co ... hiv-cancer

It's a tad more complex than people were willing to take a chance wrt the polio vaccine tho. When Jonas Salk developed it, he did not say "imma sell this thing whether it works or not and whichever government buy it hadda indemnify me in case people dead from it after I make meh billions" Basically, he gave it away in an altruistic attempt to come to the aid of humanity in the fight against a debilitating disease that left its victims with pain and disfigurement for the rest of their lives.
The drug companies that developed these covid vaccines don't give a 5th of a pound of dried rat droppings about humanity, they only care about profits and making sure that nobody holds them accountable if something untoward occurs.

That being said...
Why all the beat up? If John Public wants to take the vaccine, he's free to do so. If Jimmy Anybody doesn't want to take it, he's free to do so as well.
But neither John nor Jimmy have the authority or right to try to compel either one to adopt the other's stance.
People need to learn how to leave others alone and respect their choices. Simple as that.
The argument that getting vaccinated is for the greater good is all well and dandy, and quite understandable. But the thing is, nobody is obligated by any means, legislative, moral or otherwise, to have to care about anyone else. And nobody is responsible for your body (including its condition, what goes into it, and what comes out of it, and why) but you.

Please people, respect each other's choices that each person will make, whether you agree with their beliefs and choices or not.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 8:23 am

How can you call ppl antivaxxers if they have taken shots before and simply don't want to take covid 19 vaccine that doesn't make sense
pugboy wrote:the problem is antivaxxers are a broad term

some are really stupid and believe in the 5g/nanobots/microchip conspiracy and need to be hit with a piece of wood for being so stupid

others are also stupid for taking any anecdotal occurrence of something and making it a “proven theory”, also need a lash

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 14th, 2021, 8:26 am

*sips kool aid

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 14th, 2021, 8:27 am

hover11 wrote:How can you call ppl antivaxxers if they have taken shots before and simply don't want to take covid 19 vaccine that doesn't make sense

You're simply a covid anti-vaxxer, same level of ignorance though.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 8:35 am

So anti vax parents you really think they will allow their children to take shots , if it not safe for them really think they gonna expose their children to it?
Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:How can you call ppl antivaxxers if they have taken shots before and simply don't want to take covid 19 vaccine that doesn't make sense

You're simply a covid anti-vaxxer, same level of ignorance though.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 14th, 2021, 8:47 am

Of course others just need to bracket others as stupid just to be dismissive.

I took the vax...and I fully understand anyone's reluctance to take it.

It's a choice based on insufficient information on both sides.
There is a ton of info from seemingly credible sources that advocate for and against.

The article includes a link to Vanden Bossches blog.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/vacci ... s-variants
In a summary of his findings, he writes: "As of the early days of the mass vaccination campaigns, at least a few experts have been warning against the catastrophic impact such a program could have on global and individual health. Mass vaccination in the middle of a pandemic is prone to promoting selection and adaptation of immune escape variants that are featured by increasing infectiousness and resistance to spike protein (S)-directed antibodies (Abs), thereby diminishing protection in vaccinees and threatening the unvaccinated."
Last edited by Redman on August 14th, 2021, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 14th, 2021, 8:51 am

hover11 wrote:I get what you saying but these vaccinating persons are beginning to scorn or shun the unvaxxed , like I said it's beginning to look like a cult ,Jim jones style....one of us comes to mind. Persuading heavily for ppl to take the Kool aid(shot) let it be people free will to take it that's their personal choice to take or not. What is to be will be
88sins wrote:
hover11 wrote:Ppl took a chance with polio vaccine why not....pay ppl the correct amount and they would volunteer but then again our efforts aren't on preventing Hiv as that would mean less money on medication for the pharmaceutical industry for treatments
pugboy wrote:not sure who would volunteer for a trial with hiv jab when there is a chance you could get hiv(for life)
at least with covid or flu you have a chance it will eventually pass if you survive the symptoms

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
matr1x wrote:Interesting they developed a vaccine so fast......but hiv still eludes them

Because we have had inactivated vaccine technology (the type used in Sinopharm) for over a century.

Take a read

It's a tad more complex than people were willing to take a chance wrt the polio vaccine tho. When Jonas Salk developed it, he did not say "imma sell this thing whether it works or not and whichever government buy it hadda indemnify me in case people dead from it after I make meh billions" Basically, he gave it away in an altruistic attempt to come to the aid of humanity in the fight against a debilitating disease that left its victims with pain and disfigurement for the rest of their lives.
The drug companies that developed these covid vaccines don't give a 5th of a pound of dried rat droppings about humanity, they only care about profits and making sure that nobody holds them accountable if something untoward occurs.

That being said...
Why all the beat up? If John Public wants to take the vaccine, he's free to do so. If Jimmy Anybody doesn't want to take it, he's free to do so as well.
But neither John nor Jimmy have the authority or right to try to compel either one to adopt the other's stance.
People need to learn how to leave others alone and respect their choices. Simple as that.
The argument that getting vaccinated is for the greater good is all well and dandy, and quite understandable. But the thing is, nobody is obligated by any means, legislative, moral or otherwise, to have to care about anyone else. And nobody is responsible for your body (including its condition, what goes into it, and what comes out of it, and why) but you.

Please people, respect each other's choices that each person will make, whether you agree with their beliefs and choices or not.

so why you trying to force people not to take the vaccine by spreading fear-mongering propaganda? hypocritical much?

go seek help for your toxic behaviours please.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 14th, 2021, 8:52 am

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 8:53 am

Not entertaining any questions from you , still haven't answered what your grade in English is , see again comprehension difficulties, answer a question before you ask any
st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:I get what you saying but these vaccinating persons are beginning to scorn or shun the unvaxxed , like I said it's beginning to look like a cult ,Jim jones style....one of us comes to mind. Persuading heavily for ppl to take the Kool aid(shot) let it be people free will to take it that's their personal choice to take or not. What is to be will be
88sins wrote:

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Take a read

That being said...

so why you trying to force people not to take the vaccine by spreading fear-mongering propaganda? hypocritical much?

go seek help for your toxic behaviours please.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 14th, 2021, 9:03 am

Redman wrote:Of course others just need to bracket others as stupid just to be dismissive.

There is a ton of info from seemingly credible sources that advocate for and against.

In a summary of his findings, he writes: "As of the early days of the mass vaccination campaigns, at least a few experts have been warning against the catastrophic impact such a program could have on global and individual health. Mass vaccination in the middle of a pandemic is prone to promoting selection and adaptation of immune escape variants that are featured by increasing infectiousness and resistance to spike protein (S)-directed antibodies (Abs), thereby diminishing protection in vaccinees and threatening the unvaccinated."
That guy doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about. This article does a decent job of explaining why he's incorrect. Also there are no 'credible sources' on the against side.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... en-bossche

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 9:05 am

Bro alot of ppl say trust the science right .....the same science did the tuskegee project..Google it
matr1x wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52151722.amp

Leaving this rigggghhhttt here

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 14th, 2021, 9:16 am

hover11 wrote:Bro alot of ppl say trust the science right .....the same science did the tuskegee project..Google it
matr1x wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52151722.amp

Again you are relating unrelated things.
Tell me, what makes this particular vaccine different?
Because if you were traveling to some countries in the past, you would need yellow fever, typhoid etc vaccines.What changed? Global wokeness? Tell me more

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 14th, 2021, 9:20 am

hover11 wrote:Bro alot of ppl say trust the science right .....the same science did the tuskegee project..Google it

Saying "the same science" is extremely broad. The Tuskegee study was carried out by the US Government, not simply "the science". Cause you can also say "the same science" invented Panadol, or Space travel or Computers etc.
Science and Scientists are not a monolith.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 9:21 am

How in God's green earth is that unrelated, this shows their manner of "study" when doing tests ....when I travel I never had to take shots so I confused what you talking about and when it had breakouts of yellow fever etc I simply waited till it died down then flew out
timelapse wrote:

Again you are relating unrelated things.
Tell me, what makes this particular vaccine different?
Because if you were traveling to some countries in the past, you would need yellow fever, typhoid etc vaccines.What changed? Global wokeness? Tell me more

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 14th, 2021, 9:33 am

Some of our local anti-vaccers starting to be as annoying as vegans and tree huggers ….. :lol:

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 14th, 2021, 9:36 am

ed360123 wrote:

Saying "the same science" is extremely broad. The Tuskegee study was carried out by the US Government, not simply "the science". Cause you can also say "the same science" invented Panadol, or Space travel or Computers etc.

hover does try to throw out very broad sticks hoping one of them catches fire. that has been his strategy since day one.

he is spreading misinformation about everything because he does not understand the topic he's trying to debate, forcing everyone to not take the vaccine as well so he feels validated about his decision.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 14th, 2021, 9:36 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Some of our local anti-vaccers starting to be as annoying as vegans and tree huggers ….. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 14th, 2021, 9:46 am

st7 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

hover does try to throw out very broad sticks hoping one of them catches fire. that has been his strategy since day one.

he is spreading misinformation about everything because he does not understand the topic he's trying to debate, forcing everyone to not take the vaccine as well so he feels validated about his decision.
Exactly! If he ever needs to go to a hospital or take medication I wonder off he'll shun the same "science".

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 14th, 2021, 10:04 am

ed360123 wrote:
Redman wrote:Of course others just need to bracket others as stupid just to be dismissive.

That guy doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about. This article does a decent job of explaining why he's incorrect. Also there are no 'credible sources' on the against side.

Geert vanden bossche is "that guy" and "doesn't seem to know what he's talking about". Wow.

You all trust deyalsingh, parasram and UWI "professors" over world renowned immunologists.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 14th, 2021, 10:07 am

So we only recognize the good in science and disregard the bad ...got you
ed360123 wrote:
st7 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Exactly! If he ever needs to go to a hospital or take medication I wonder off he'll shun the same "science".

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 14th, 2021, 10:14 am

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... cal-trials

Good article ....but still testing phase is short though. Whether or not the we have data already and new tech to speed up everything else, our human body does not change. So that time have to be long so to see any side effects pop up.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 14th, 2021, 10:15 am

hover11 wrote:So we only recognize the good in science and disregard the bad ...got you
ed360123 wrote:
st7 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

That's not what I was saying and you know it. I was saying that since you distrust the vaccines because of the Tuskegee experiment (which again was carried out by the US Govt and not simply "science") then I hope you also don't trust the hospitals and any form of medication for the same reason.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 14th, 2021, 10:16 am

mragoobir wrote:Your life your choice
What is to be WILL BE20210814_021848.jpg

This is a good point. But those viruses were around long before they were "discovered".

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 14th, 2021, 10:17 am

ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:So we only recognize the good in science and disregard the bad ...got you
ed360123 wrote:
st7 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

That's not what I was saying and you know it. I was saying that since you distrust the vaccines because of the Tuskegee experiment (which again was carried out by the US Govt and not simply "science") then I hope you also don't trust the hospitals and any form of medication for the same reason.

+1

he is trying his best to constantly stir up drama. imagine his other toxic traits

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 14th, 2021, 10:18 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:

Geert vanden bossche is "that guy" and "doesn't seem to know what he's talking about". Wow.

You all trust deyalsingh, parasram and UWI "professors" over world renowned immunologists.
No I don't "trust deyalsingh, parasram and UWI professors" over anyone. I trust the vast majority of scientists, medical professionals and immunologists on vaccines over the small handful of those who are against it. In the same way that I trust the vast majority of environmental scientists on climate change over the small subset that deny it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”