Need

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Teambigbelly
Riding on 13's

Need

Postby Teambigbelly » July 25th, 2021, 2:32 pm

D
Last edited by Teambigbelly on July 25th, 2021, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Need some help with my iPhone (notification problem)

Postby redmanjp » July 25th, 2021, 2:37 pm

did u give the social apps and whatsapp all permissions? are notifications turned on when u go to settings/apps/whatapp etc.?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 25th, 2021, 3:53 pm

To add or change an alert style for a notification:
1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
2. Select an app under Notification Style.
3. Choose a type of alert and banner style.

If you don't see notifications for a specific app:
To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
2. If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.

ios14-iphone11-pro-settings-notifications-messages.jpg

Teambigbelly
Riding on 13's

Postby Teambigbelly » August 25th, 2021, 8:05 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:To add or change an alert style for a notification:
1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
2. Select an app under Notification Style.
3. Choose a type of alert and banner style.

If you don't see notifications for a specific app:
To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
2. If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.

ios14-iphone11-pro-settings-notifications-messages.jpg

Everything is as it should be. All settings are on and everything you guys mentioned was double checked but still getting this problem. One weird thing is if I restart the phone it works perfect for about a day and then the same problem starts to happen.

Teambigbelly
Riding on 13's

Postby Teambigbelly » August 25th, 2021, 8:08 pm

redmanjp wrote:did u give the social apps and whatsapp all permissions? are notifications turned on when u go to settings/apps/whatapp etc.?

Yes , everything is on and I give everything permission. Really getting frustrated at this point .

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » August 25th, 2021, 8:43 pm

I had that same problem with my old iPhone. My Whatsapp calls in particular just never seemed to show up until I opened the app. I'd have the phone in my hand and people calling and nothing showing up.

Thought it was an iPhone thing, like some kind of cross platform problem between iOS and Android.
I realized the person it kept happening with the most was using an android device. Didn't keep the phone long enough to try narrowing down the problem further though. Been using android ever since with none of those issues. Good luck.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”