Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Postby aaron17 » July 25th, 2021, 11:40 pm

Ya did good Harley.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 26th, 2021, 8:37 am

timelapse wrote:The He man re-takes ruined the story.This is not He man.The title of the show says otherwise.This is another aspect of the old story being told from another perspective after the main story.I compare it to the Joker movie.Nothing to do with Batman.If it was about He man they would have named it such.
Good series IMO.I had no expectations or pre- conceptions and I am glad Teela got her story told.What I would like in future is the Orco story.He is a potentially epic character to develop

it was strongly advertised as a He-Man show though. Show me where in the add do you get the feel that the show is about teela?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdEeRBh9Zk&t=3s

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 26th, 2021, 9:41 am

watched it
Enjoyed it
Decent storyline, petty much video game quest style
Not as good as the Thundercats revival but I'm looking forward to the second series

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 29th, 2021, 12:29 am

What is needed is a Thundercats movie.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 29th, 2021, 5:48 am

watching a samurai x live version on netflix. seems to be a few parts as i think i missing something in the storyline but it dam better that that new he man. i would have rather that she-ra jump out as the sword broke in two that teela get promoted. since the 80's cartoon she was more chupid that a bag of aloo.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 29th, 2021, 7:39 am

I did say that I had no pre conceived ideas.This is 2021, trailers are 99.99% misleading.
The title did not have he-mans name in it ergo, it wasn't about him.That dead horse has been beaten to shreds already.
elec2020 wrote:
timelapse wrote:The He man re-takes ruined the story.This is not He man.The title of the show says otherwise.This is another aspect of the old story being told from another perspective after the main story.I compare it to the Joker movie.Nothing to do with Batman.If it was about He man they would have named it such.
Good series IMO.I had no expectations or pre- conceptions and I am glad Teela got her story told.What I would like in future is the Orco story.He is a potentially epic character to develop

it was strongly advertised as a He-Man show though. Show me where in the add do you get the feel that the show is about teela?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 29th, 2021, 7:40 am

daring dragoon wrote:watching a samurai x live version on netflix. seems to be a few parts as i think i missing something in the storyline but it dam better that that new he man. i would have rather that she-ra jump out as the sword broke in two that teela get promoted. since the 80's cartoon she was more chupid that a bag of aloo.
You watched the previous 3? Reason I asked is that I thought was 2 and there was a huge plot jump

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 29th, 2021, 7:50 am

timelapse wrote:I did say that I had no pre conceived ideas.This is 2021, trailers are 99.99% misleading.
The title did not have he-mans name in it ergo, it wasn't about him.That dead horse has been beaten to shreds already.
elec2020 wrote:

I think the Netflix release took out his name. But prior to that "He-man" was in the title. At least for the youtube link which i highlighted (they edited out now). But anyway you have your opinion on the show and i have mine.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 29th, 2021, 9:01 am

The franchise is known for He-Man being the character, the name of the title of the show / movie doesn't matter and shouldn't be used as reasoning as to why said main character isn't relevant. The marketing for the show in trailers and posters clearly showed He-Man front and center then they pulled a bait and switch in the actual show. They clearly used the popularity of the He-Man character which everyone who watched the show in the past know is the main character and decided to push him to the side to put another character front and center. False advertising and disingenuous on the part of the creators.

Now if the show wasn't a revival after soo many years and it was a show that continued on from previous seasons then it would probably make alot more sense that this is Teela's arc to get the power sword and restore He-Man back to his former glory. But after 40 years to revive the show then kill off who everyone knows as the main character in the first episode to prop up another character is just disrespectful to the fans.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 29th, 2021, 10:13 am

How long was Joker in Suicide squad?And he was on the trailer.
Where was Batman in the Joker movie?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 29th, 2021, 10:43 am

In slight defense of Kevin Smith and storytelling in general: only half of the episodes have been released. You should hold your bellyaching for the end. Maybe the second half has a redemption arc, maybe it'll fizzle out like Star Wars did. All this premature backlash is showing that many "true geeky entertainment fans" probably never read a proper book or comic in their life, ffs.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 29th, 2021, 10:50 am

There is too much content out there to be bothered by this. Watched one episode didn't like it, stopped watching and even removed from the continue watching list so that I do not even contemplate going back to it.
I'd prefer for my He-Man nostalgia to remain as what I knew growing up (including Dolph Lundgren as live action He-Man).

Let this generation have their Masters of the Universe!!!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 29th, 2021, 10:52 am

Dizzy28 wrote:There is too much content out there to be bothered by this. Watched one episode didn't like it, stopped watching and even removed from the continue watching list so that I do not even contemplate going back to it.
I'd prefer for my He-Man nostalgia to remain as what I knew growing up (including Dolph Lundgren as live action He-Man).

Let this generation have their Masters of the Universe!!!
Exactly.If you don't like it, don't watch it.No need to be salty

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 29th, 2021, 10:53 am

Should have been a 'what if ' like Marvel.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”