TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What fast food, buy food, you miss the most during lockdown?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: What fast food, buy food, you miss the most during lockdown?

Postby nick639v2 » July 19th, 2021, 3:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:Wonder if any Trinis choked today while gobbling down all that KFC and doubles.
I saw more line by doublesmen this morning than kfc and castle lunchtime. That being said I pass by Baltarzzar and it was empty so I partake in a lil char sue

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 19th, 2021, 4:04 pm

^ if true that good as outdoors is much safer in terms of covid spread. the food court by me was also almost empty- only had about 3 or 4 ppl when usually it would have about 20-30

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 19th, 2021, 4:06 pm

except sauce doubles business on ave was almost zero

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2021, 4:12 pm

Friends,

Did we have any reports of mass congregating?

I am getting the feeling that the citizens of T&T were generally responsible today.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 19th, 2021, 4:16 pm

Tried Mayaro roti shop this morning.Old men were jackarsing it up.No masks and coming up close to other people.Another customer end up roughing them up and they left.Smh.
Now my stomach on fire

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 19th, 2021, 4:17 pm

Max we start off well let the Friday of month end hit that will be the true test
MaxPower wrote:Friends,

I am getting the feeling that the citizens of T&T were generally responsible today.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2021, 4:21 pm

what i was saying is, during the lockdown/curfew/SoE although food, hair dressing, barbering, haberdashery were illegal, they were still going on on the down low.... illegally. not close to the scale of normal, but for the duration, people still had their businesses going to an extent. and even so

i did a few mall car park collections, my self during the soe.

and even so, the numbers still went down.

the only bumps came two weeks after the mass elderly vaccination drive, and two weeks after the SEA.
SEA was 22k persons in the same room for 3hrs. on par with the easter week super spreader event, and seemed to turn the trend in nearly the same fashion.

but with all the contraband being sold, that did not affect the spread to any great extent.

open up every ting, keep it out doors, yes, curbside pick up or grab and go, and we woudl be good to go. once u AVOID superspreader events like exams and fetes, ur good to go.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2021, 4:24 pm

redmanjp wrote:^ if true that good as outdoors is much safer in terms of covid spread. the food court by me was also almost empty- only had about 3 or 4 ppl when usually it would have about 20-30

pugboy wrote:except sauce doubles business on ave was almost zero

the food industry services the working people. and is only really essential services and govt services working. wayyyy less people than may be necessary to sustain all the food sellers.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 19th, 2021, 4:26 pm

pugboy wrote:except sauce doubles business on ave was almost zero

TTPS have dem almost on lockdown

https://guardian.co.tt/news/police-give-strict-guidelines-to-doubles-vendors-6.2.1358194.9438ef3b01

There was a heavy police presence on Ariapita Avenue this morning, as doubles vendors reopened for the first time in over two months. 

“Tell your patrons sit in their vehicles,” one woman police officer told the vendors of Sauce on the Ave. 

As the line got longer outside Sauce on the Ave one police officer warned the vendors about their customers congregating and disobeying the COVID-19 guidelines. She told them no more than five people should be in the line at one time. 

Ah (sic) coming back here and shutdown this operation,” she told them. 

After her visit one of the vendors was seen sending people back to their vehicles and asking them to social distance as he ensured that the line did not exceed the limit. 

But even with that cap, the flow did not slow down as people continuously joined the line for their favourite street food. 

One man told Guardian Media that he could not wait for today and planned to visit five doubles vendors throughout the morning. 

“This is my third doubles stand I pass by. I don’t know if I go have room after these here to pass by a next one,” he said. 

The line was also long at Josh Best Doubles in St. James.  Bob, a doubles vendor for over 30 years, said he was glad to make an income again. 

“You must be happy to be working,” he said. 

His colleague, Robin Christian, shared a similar sentiment. He said they anticipated a huge crowd this morning and were doing all they can to ensure protocols were adhered to. 

At George & Son on Carlos Street, just after 9 am, the vendors informed their customers waiting in line that they were on their last. 

One woman said she woke up at 5:30 am to ensure she got her doubles today. 

i didn't know lines limited to 5 people? since when? that apply to banks and essential services? vaccinations too?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 19th, 2021, 4:55 pm

the general rule is no groups bigger than 5 for anything, so this applies to lines of ppl waiting
(except for other stuff like banks, govt services...)

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2021, 5:04 pm

hover11 wrote:Max we start off well let the Friday of month end hit that will be the true test

Hmmmm

Then again, people were satisfying their cravings through underground vendors.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 19th, 2021, 5:24 pm

Why would you think that? You generally never have anything positive to say about the people of Trinidad and Tobago. Why start now? Your reputation precedes you.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 19th, 2021, 5:40 pm

pugboy wrote:the general rule is no groups bigger than 5 for anything, so this applies to lines of ppl waiting
(except for other stuff like banks, govt services...)

so is it that for essential services there isn't a limit once u social distancing and wearing masks?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 19th, 2021, 5:43 pm

also ttps should be doing spot-checks INDOORS. yes it easier to just stay outdoors and see the lines for street vendors but i guess MOH doesn't seem to distinguish between the two so ttps doh know any better.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 19th, 2021, 7:01 pm

main story on tv6 right now is opening of street food ... "slow start to street food sales" NO long lines

reporter talking to a woman who come out kfc , woman while touching she daughter head say she was dying fuh some kfc ... :lol:
Last edited by Rovin on July 19th, 2021, 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 19th, 2021, 7:08 pm

ZeeTV have News at 7 local news broadcast. Good coverage.

Look like all about slow, no rush. Excellent start

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 19th, 2021, 7:17 pm

cnc3 say most customers preferred curbside and delivery rather than going indoors. they understanding the science of transmission or what?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 19th, 2021, 7:25 pm

Dave wrote:Why would you think that? You generally never have anything positive to say about the people of Trinidad and Tobago. Why start now? Your reputation precedes you.

It was really odd seeing him say that last sentence though. Like all of a sudden his faith in Trinis was restored - and of all days, when KFC open back too, lol

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » July 19th, 2021, 7:30 pm

Buy what yuh have to buy , and scatter!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 19th, 2021, 7:47 pm

paid_influencer wrote:ZeeTV have News at 7 local news broadcast. Good coverage.

Look like all about slow, no rush. Excellent start
I hope Rowlee not on Zee

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 19th, 2021, 7:51 pm

so long i eh see yuh :lol:

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » July 19th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Trinidad need an obesity tax. Too many fast food places have free reign and messing up our health sector with lifestyle diseases

Can't have KFC boasting about how easy it is to open in TT. There are 60 kfcs in TT now for a population of just over 1.4 million ppl. In comparison NYC have 146 for a population of 8.5 million. London has a population of 8.9 million people but have 145 branches.

It is time those things are taxed to ease the burden on the health sector.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

What fast food, buy food, you miss the most during lockdown?

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2021, 10:52 pm

Dave wrote:Why would you think that? You generally never have anything positive to say about the people of Trinidad and Tobago. Why start now? Your reputation precedes you.

Hello Dave,

Do you give me wrong for never having anything positive to say about Trinis?

I mean like really??

And why start now? I made an observation today and i am not afraid to admit what i saw regardless of what my general perspective usually is.

Allyuh fellas must have a little faith.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 19th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Redress10 wrote:Trinidad need an obesity tax. Too many fast food places have free reign and messing up our health sector with lifestyle diseases

Can't have KFC boasting about how easy it is to open in TT. There are 60 kfcs in TT now for a population of just over 1.4 million ppl. In comparison NYC have 146 for a population of 8.5 million. London has a population of 8.9 million people but have 145 branches.

London has endless family owned Chicken and Chips shops.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 19th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Redress10 wrote:Trinidad need an obesity tax. Too many fast food places have free reign and messing up our health sector with lifestyle diseases

Dude, are you trying to imply NYC has less fast food than trini when America is the fast food capital of the world. It is everywhere and much easier to access.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 20th, 2021, 12:53 am

Level FB and Insta stories were filled with Starbucks cups

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 20th, 2021, 5:07 am

S_2NR wrote:

Dude, are you trying to imply NYC has less fast food than trini when America is the fast food capital of the world. It is everywhere and much easier to access.

Trini generally have unhealthy lifestyle. From too much alcohol consumption at every trini family event to too much aloo comsumption. Stress also targets the mig section with releasw of cortisol in the blood an the only stress relever trini know is liming with alcohol.
Most indian grow up on roti an aloo. Too much carbs equals overweight. These days a lot of black men have pot belly an is stress an in the last 15 years or so i notice increase puncheon consumption among black men. Our lives are changing an it stressing out everyone. Having to loose the freeness mentality, increase prices, want what we cant afford just killing we.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 20th, 2021, 8:13 am

daring dragoon wrote:
S_2NR wrote:

Trini generally have unhealthy lifestyle. From too much alcohol consumption at every trini family event to too much aloo comsumption. Stress also targets the mig section with releasw of cortisol in the blood an the only stress relever trini know is liming with alcohol.
Most indian grow up on roti an aloo. Too much carbs equals overweight. These days a lot of black men have pot belly an is stress an in the last 15 years or so i notice increase puncheon consumption among black men. Our lives are changing an it stressing out everyone. Having to loose the freeness mentality, increase prices, want what we cant afford just killing we.
It is also a common misconception amongst the afro folks that ground provisions are healthy to eat.While this may be true for a small amount, the average serving size of these things is a carb excess

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 20th, 2021, 8:55 am

supercharged turbo wrote:Level FB and Insta stories were filled with Starbucks cups
Ssshhhh... The smallies are hungry bro, it's hunting time

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 20th, 2021, 12:31 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:dem new kfc price matching royal castle. kfc does always do this then restructure and drop the price to bring back the customers. i dont really fancy kfc but i will go for the noodle poodle but later in the week when new chicken delivered.i does done spend 4-5 thousand a month on grocery and market so why buy food to cook and still buy fast food.

Why you alway with personal family problems ?

What fast food YOU miss ?

Simple question ole timer :D

i would ah say i miss doubles until i make it myself an see the amount of oil that goes into making that poison. them chirren survive without the mcdonalds and noodle poodle so maybe a wing wah next saturday depending on the crowds. i man get accustomed to have the crix in the car, kiss small butter bread and the little fancy tuna for $10 and lunch cost $14 if i do buy lunch.

You should video YOUR life and put it on YouTube :D

Suggested name: " Dragoon Eating Tuner for $14 "

Now a Message to my Fan Base :

Sushi on SALE everywhere !!

12 Volcano rolls for $60

Movie Town Kaizan :D

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”