Forums

SEA Exam 2021

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: SEA Exam 2021

Postby Dizzy28 » September 10th, 2021, 4:02 pm

What tf is a High scoring Student from a school with improved academic performance?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 10th, 2021, 6:31 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Redman wrote:Maybe you guys should get some of the data on the racial make up of whatever institution you talking about

Why bother, they will just deny it and claim their own personal bias is a more reliable source.
If it is red government propaganda report off course it will be put in the garbage, just as those stories you produce.

Just look at Prisons and you will see the number of my black ppl that are locked up. Nearly all are from red government strong holds where crime is deep and gang leaders serve the red government.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 10th, 2021, 7:45 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Redman wrote:Maybe you guys should get some of the data on the racial make up of whatever institution you talking about

Why bother, they will just deny it and claim their own personal bias is a more reliable source.
If it is red government propaganda report off course it will be put in the garbage, just as those stories you produce.

Just look at Prisons and you will see the number of my black ppl that are locked up. Nearly all are from red government strong holds where crime is deep and gang leaders serve the red government.

All created from a failing education system so that the "20%" could have employees to pay minimum to flip burgers and put fries in oil. Ent one even say he went Fatima and come out with 0 passes but he rich and big in TT.

Sat saw this play decades ago and built HIS schools to benefit his ppl and today the schools in demand and respected. If it wasn't for sat they would have been just as bad.

Thank Jah for Sat

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 10th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Redress10 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

All created from a failing education system so that the "20%" could have employees to pay minimum to flip burgers and put fries in oil. Ent one even say he went Fatima and come out with 0 passes but he rich and big in TT.

Sat saw this play decades ago and built HIS schools to benefit his ppl and today the schools in demand and respected. If it wasn't for sat they would have been just as bad.

Thank Jah for Sat
Habitarse 7 once said it was the red government that funded Sat Schools cause they were Cow Sheds

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 10th, 2021, 8:16 pm

He could say what he want but the legacy of a failing education systen rests solely at the feet of the PNM who never tried to build a parallel school system that rivals the "prestigious" schools. Instead they build jr secs to discard of the ones who they deemed not good enough whilst funding to the highest degree the denominational schools. This funding was due to the fact that they wanted their children to go to these schools so they exchanged favours.

Time to do away with the concordat and let those schools become self funded or remove the 20% entirely and leave 100% placement be based on meritocracy. We keep forgetting that apart from the 20% we probably have another 30% who are placed due to moe and government links. All this being funded by the same taxpayers who have to settle for theor children to go less than desirable schools.

That could never be right.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 10th, 2021, 8:17 pm

Hobbit7 is a fraud.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » September 10th, 2021, 8:43 pm

Ah wonder how much pnm till they dead ever thank Bas and tanty for their "no child left behind" policy that aimed to give each child a sec school place?

The former system under the PNM was sit/repeat and then do a 14+ exam? Some of alluh older than me might be able to explain it better.

This circus going on since I birn and probably even before me. Naipaul was right to call us mimic men. Everything is for show. No sort of strategic plan.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » September 10th, 2021, 8:52 pm

Don't understand how they judge results as good when the same amount passing for the gov't assisted schools and the gov't schools. They only have so many places is not like the schools in demand created more spaces.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 11th, 2021, 9:23 am

We should be just getting ALL the schools to operate at the level that the prestige schools operate at.

Make all the schools deliver the content.

Equalize the opportunity for every child.
The result will be up to them.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 11th, 2021, 9:29 am

Some schools will always have stigma attached just like how we stigmatize areas ....if your child passes for success laventille you would feel a way due to the perception associated with such
Redman wrote:We should be just getting ALL the schools to operate at the level that the prestige schools operate at.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » September 11th, 2021, 9:48 am

Redman wrote:We should be just getting ALL the schools to operate at the level that the prestige schools operate at.

Prestige schools actually have way worse conditions compared to state funded schools and the teachers are the same.

The difference is the quality of students that go to those schools. And not really the students but the parents.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 11th, 2021, 9:51 am

What do you suggest? Make all government run? Or all denominational board run? We've seen what happens when the government runs the schools. Also what board getting what school? You see it's not just a prestige school, but also a prestige support system of family and community. Do you think placing the "pests" in naps or convent is going to change anything? Education is much more than 8-3 in a school.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 11th, 2021, 10:21 am

wing wrote:

What do you suggest? Make all government run? Or all denominational board run? We've seen what happens when the government runs the schools. Also what board getting what school? You see it's not just a prestige school, but also a prestige support system of family and community. Do you think placing the "pests" in naps or convent is going to change anything? Education is much more than 8-3 in a school.
That's exactly what they want.Pests being allowed into better schools without getting the prerequisite grades.That is their 'right' you see

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 11th, 2021, 11:44 am

Only skinny children got the top marks in SEA, what happened to all the fat kids, this is how you all are sounding

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » September 11th, 2021, 12:40 pm

There are many things that contribute to the success of a so called prestige school.

From my first hand experience I know that some teachers in the prestige school work beyond 8-3, they also have the parent support groups that as the name implies also supports the school and they have active past pupil associations. The teachers are paid the same as a govt school, they hall have the same degrees, training etc. The difference between the schools is the environment.

I hate the SEA system it creates stress on both parents and children and there need to be a comprehensive overall of the entire system.

Not just the Min of Ed, the Teaching Service Comm and TTUTA. Covid would have been the perfect time for a rethink but as usual we wasted the opportunity.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 12th, 2021, 8:26 am

wing wrote:

Copied from a previous post.

What Im thinking however is a hybrid.

Like FCB the Govt can own the school but let private management run the school.
So A given secondary school is offered.
Let qualified entities tender-based on a list of Educational deliverables etc.
Reverse tender and make it open....so we have them competing to educate a child per term..
So in theory- GORTT will pay a management co say 3500 per child per term
And the Min of Ed then monitors to ensure that the KPIs are met etc.
based on my count that will cost 3B TTD per year-Primary and Secondary.
If it is that we ALL agree that Govt cant run sheeeeeeeit .....why let them run the schools?

We can then see the possibility of closing the gap between the prestige and others,in terms of how the schools are run etc.

More kids will have the opportunity to be properly treated in more schools….once the kids do the work,results will follow.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 12th, 2021, 9:46 am

Redman wrote:
wing wrote:

Reverse tender and make it open....so we have them competing to educate a child per term..
If it is that we ALL agree that Govt cant run sheeeeeeeit .....why let them run the schools?

We can then see the possibility of closing the gap between the prestige and others,in terms of how the schools are run etc.

More kids will have the opportunity to be properly treated in more schools….once the kids do the work,results will follow.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 28dd7.html

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » September 12th, 2021, 9:11 pm

Redman wrote:
Redman wrote:
wing wrote:

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 28dd7.html

I think they should really establish school boards. These boards should be able based on districts and should have some autonomy in running the schools. Outdated bodies like the TSC and should be abolished. Teachers should be performance managed, schools should be given funding based on performance.

Allow the religious schools to go fully private.

If you want your child to go to these schools you will pay- same as happens now for the private primary schools.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 12th, 2021, 9:24 pm

Funding based on performance is a surefire way to keep widening the gap between good and bad performing schools.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2021, 2:06 am

What worries me the most is that there's a stigma attached to non-prestige schools, that probably causes some children to spiral downwards, in exams, and in life.

I've seen GROWN PPL with hurt on their faces when asked what school they went to.

What doesn't help is in Term 1, in a so-called non-prestige school, when some children "get their transfer" to other "prestige" schools, leaving behind some kids. That must be heartbreaking and scarring for those students being left behind.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 13th, 2021, 6:58 am

Then do what my peers did in those days.
Study hard to get into a good school.While the ones who didn't make the cut were busy playing, we had study groups in standard 4&5.
Common Entrance was not a walk in the park if you were unprepared for it.
If these parents who want the education system dumbed down to facilitate thier children spend more time preparing their children for exams, they would do much better.
Better parenting doesn't come in hindsight.

Then you pass for government school, learn from your mistake and move on.I know lots of people that went through junior/senior sec and ended up as engineers, business owners,managers,etc.
Should you dumb down Cxc because of your underachieving arse too,or A levels,or university?Or job interviews?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 13th, 2021, 7:44 am

FrankChag wrote:What worries me the most is that there's a stigma attached to non-prestige schools, that probably causes some children to spiral downwards, in exams, and in life.

I've seen GROWN PPL with hurt on their faces when asked what school they went to.

What doesn't help is in Term 1, in a so-called non-prestige school, when some children "get their transfer" to other "prestige" schools, leaving behind some kids. That must be heartbreaking and scarring for those students being left behind.

That stigma is lost when the school starts to perform

Today there is a big difference..Vessigny was a wft in my time.
Now people happy to send kids there, and the attitudes are different.
So we seeing change

I know of one family that selected Asja, Couva ModSec.

The child was a B+ student...and they were happy with the reality.
He still can buss out top marks.

Replicate whatever the good schools doing and privatize them as above.

It would be revenue neutral.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 13th, 2021, 9:45 am

Two of the smartest people I know went to 5 year schools.

There's nothing stopping them from performing, there are excellent teachers in these schools as well.

The difference in performance comes down to their parents.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 13th, 2021, 9:56 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Two of the smartest people I know went to 5 year schools.

There's nothing stopping them from performing, there are excellent teachers in these schools as well.

The difference in performance comes down to their parents.

Anecdotal evidence, but that's usually the exception not the norm.

But since we're doing that, I had a virtual reunion with my standard 5 class, and my form 5 class within a short space of time.

After seeing how many of those who didn't pass for prestige schools turned out, you can see why parents fight tooth and nail to get their children into certain schools.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 13th, 2021, 10:16 am

Yep and the place littered with people that failed-in the prestige schools.
Getting 3s in a prestige school is no different to 3s in any other.
Same thing for 1s.

We need ALL the High Schools to be pushing out the content that is needed to get our kids where they need to be.

Equality of oppurtunity.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 13th, 2021, 12:27 pm

Redman wrote:Yep and the place littered with people that failed-in the prestige schools.
Same thing for 1s.

We need ALL the High Schools to be pushing out the content that is needed to get our kids where they need to be.

Equality of oppurtunity.
Grade 3 was made a pass to accommodate red government ppl for the public service. They complained too many non red government ppl was getting in with grade 2, so they dropped it to 3

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 13th, 2021, 12:33 pm

So you mean to tell me red government so powerful they able to persuade an international body to lower their standards of merit....dam they good
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:Yep and the place littered with people that failed-in the prestige schools.
Same thing for 1s.

Equality of oppurtunity.
Grade 3 was made a pass to accommodate red government ppl for the public service. They complained too many non red government ppl was getting in with grade 2, so they dropped it to 3

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 13th, 2021, 12:56 pm

hover11 wrote:So you mean to tell me red government so powerful they able to persuade an international body to lower their standards of merit....dam they good
zoom rader wrote:
Same thing for 1s.

Equality of oppurtunity.
They were actually...Same way they got rid of GCSE.Was too difficult for the mini-balisiers

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 13th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Same thing for 1s.

Equality of oppurtunity.

The world exists on a normal curve though.

If you were to take someone not academically inclined from Pleasantville, put them in Pres, they will struggle.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 13th, 2021, 1:22 pm

To quote my grandmother:
You could put hog in palace,but they will still want hog food

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”