The price of tomatoes

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Re: The price of tomatoes

Postby randolphinshan » June 12th, 2021, 1:04 pm

MaxPower wrote:IMG_7113.JPG

All that bread Max, are you an undercover sufferer ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2021, 1:16 pm

the cops check your temp at the markets

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2021, 1:18 pm

if u is a real sufferer just use more ketchup instead
squirt some ketchup on your salad as a substitute

we already are one of the largest consumers of ketchup per population
and well all them ketchup is not mfg locally as they would like us to believe but sourced as tomato paste from china

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 12th, 2021, 1:19 pm

MaxPower wrote:
eliteauto wrote:That's around $29.55 a lb. Why would anyone buy that? I'd adjust my menu before I say I need that

Convenience bro.

Price hot, very hot but this is what i was getting that.

Those fortunate, choose service and comfort over price….and most importantly safety.

Especially in these times, why go to the market or vegetable stall where the chances of breeched covid protocols are significantly higher?
When last did u get your temperature checked in the market or washed your hands at the non-existent wash bays at the veggie stall?

Most of these other places WILL have items cheaper but there is an increased risk factor.

The consumer is entitled to his own choice.

There you go showing off your 1% pay cheque again.

You are right in that you can spend your money anyway you wish. But you don't have to come and laud it over 2NR sufferers.

BTW - Didn't massy St. Augustine have a Covid outbreak?

Me, even if I could afford it, I would have passed at that price. I buy plenty when in season and do without when it is out of season.

BTW - You making tomato choka and bread orr??

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 12th, 2021, 1:21 pm

that really is plenty bread

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm

De Dragon wrote:You know you're well and truly irritating when Dave insults you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

loooool :lol: :lol:

paid_influencer wrote:that really is plenty bread

The man have venes to feed, wham to allyuh?
Last edited by Soul Collector on June 12th, 2021, 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » June 12th, 2021, 1:29 pm

pugboy wrote:if u is a real sufferer just use more ketchup instead
squirt some ketchup on your salad as a substitute

and well all them ketchup is not mfg locally as they would like us to believe but sourced as tomato paste from china

Trinis use a lot of ketchup because it is used in cooking and also as a condiment. People use it when stewing meat and when baking meat.

Next up: clarence rambharat saying stew chicken is a chinese dish because the ketchup is chinese

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 12th, 2021, 1:38 pm

yeah i have to agree with Max there

for the past few months i find myself paying more for a lot of small things just because i know the crowd smaller and the service would be faster and cleaner

i haven't gone to a market in a very long time

and i stop buying produce from roadside vendors because i know for sure they all handling money and produce hand in hand with very irregular hand washing or sanitizing

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2021, 1:38 pm

must be real sufferer venes because plenty venes don’t like bread esp factory bread
they sticking with they arepa

Soul Collector wrote:
De Dragon wrote:You know you're well and truly irritating when Dave insults you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 12th, 2021, 1:43 pm

pugboy wrote:must be real sufferer venes because plenty venes don’t like bread esp factory bread
they sticking with they arepa

Soul Collector wrote:

It have some $5 bread that the parlour start getting recently. All the venes in the apartments around like they does smell when it reach cuz the shopkeeper says as soon as it hit, ALL GONE. The venes pass and tek all lol. It look like max treating them to some good ole kiss bread :lol:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 12th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Doesn't Max own minimarts? Why buy at Massey

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 12th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Just two months ago the farmers were up in arms because there was a huge tomato glut. The cost to hire workers to pick the tomatoes was more than the sales so they left them to rot on the vine. CNC3 did a story on it. Tomatoes went down to $5 a pound and even lower according to how much you buy.

It was only time that you could foresee a tomato shortage. All tomato farmers gave up on tomatoes and planted other crops.

The problem is management, Agricultural Society is a waste and Ministry of Agriculture belongs in a latrine. There is nobody managing the farmers and advising them what to plant, how much and when to plant it. Doh even talk about any Govt initiative to process the excess tomatoes, they don't even run a course to teach people how to do it.

We really living in a sheit hole country where nothing works and whatever does is riddle with racket/

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2021, 3:22 pm

they should be processing tomato to make ketchup instead of wasting forex for companies to import tomato paste and say they mfg ketchup when they really just bottling it with some minor additions

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » June 12th, 2021, 3:38 pm

Which is local ketchup?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 12th, 2021, 3:40 pm

redakkmooz61 wrote:
Wraith King wrote:
redakkmooz61 wrote:no sry i wuz ban again. admin ban d all accnt frm 56. i beg wid msg to adminz but dey say its spam n keepz bannin n my son jus help make new trinitnr accnt.

Man have back up, back up, back up, back up, back up accounts.

Trinituner is a lawless place.

no mistr fatboi matr1x alt accnt.... dey adminz permban n delte all d accnts b4. so dey r nut bckups.

That's too bad for you. My account hasn't been banned so this is my only account. How does one get their account banned permanently? As well why do you type like a 13 year old girl that's trying to seem cool but it ends up being cringe?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 12th, 2021, 3:42 pm

pugboy wrote:they should be processing tomato to make ketchup instead of wasting forex for companies to import tomato paste and say they mfg ketchup when they really just bottling it with some minor additions

You got Clarence fever.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2021, 4:12 pm

none
just like all them juices that are “locally mfg” are simply concentrate imported from mexico and other countries and thinned out to suit
some are already sweetened so the local company does say “no sugar added” a real half truth

Gem_in_i wrote:Which is local ketchup?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 12th, 2021, 4:15 pm

timelapse wrote:Doesn't Max own minimarts? Why buy at Massey

Minimarts partnered with local entrepreneurs to have a choelo man outside

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 12th, 2021, 4:17 pm

He owns Massy now.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 12th, 2021, 4:42 pm

pugboy wrote:

I did not know this... I never imagined we would be.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 12th, 2021, 4:45 pm

Pfffftttt...

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 12th, 2021, 4:54 pm

As Yuh mention arepa... I check in with mums few days ago, and she got about 5-6packs of cornmeal in the fridge... She got some deal in anands SPark @2.00 each!

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 12th, 2021, 4:54 pm

I know I see dat talk before on tuner

gastly369 wrote:
Pfffftttt...

MikeyRTT
Ricer

Postby MikeyRTT » June 12th, 2021, 5:08 pm

Up to yesterday (June 11th 2021), PriceSart wrapped tomato price was $46.22 per kilogram. 2 weeks ago I paid $16.28 for a kilogram of tomato. Just amazing.

I'll be the new Tomato Farmer on the block for sure.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 12th, 2021, 5:24 pm

Good ting the small garden home have these tings yes....
All seasonings tomatoes lettuce peppers baigan etc

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 12th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Gladiator wrote:Just two months ago the farmers were up in arms because there was a huge tomato glut. The cost to hire workers to pick the tomatoes was more than the sales so they left them to rot on the vine. CNC3 did a story on it. Tomatoes went down to $5 a pound and even lower according to how much you buy.

It was only time that you could foresee a tomato shortage. All tomato farmers gave up on tomatoes and planted other crops.

The problem is management, Agricultural Society is a waste and Ministry of Agriculture belongs in a latrine. There is nobody managing the farmers and advising them what to plant, how much and when to plant it. Doh even talk about any Govt initiative to process the excess tomatoes, they don't even run a course to teach people how to do it.

We really living in a sheit hole country where nothing works and whatever does is riddle with racket/

No foresight for anything. Run the big farmers into the ground. Watch Rowley in his garden for tips on yuh home garden and tighten back yuh belt. No need to reduce the food import bill and increase food security on our tiny island. We have rich people to order ting fuh we. See how considerate them is?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 12th, 2021, 6:02 pm

rowlee priority is the ghana stuff he say we would be getting expertise on

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 12th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Btw. Cherry tomatoes will grow from cuttings.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 12th, 2021, 6:55 pm

Gladiator wrote:Just two months ago the farmers were up in arms because there was a huge tomato glut. The cost to hire workers to pick the tomatoes was more than the sales so they left them to rot on the vine. CNC3 did a story on it. Tomatoes went down to $5 a pound and even lower according to how much you buy.

year after year is the same story with all produce. last year was cucumber and bodi where everyone planted during the first lockdown in march and a 5lb bodi was retailing for $15, tomatoes was $2 at a time last year and they stop plant an prices go up. only watermelon steady at $2. in a little while bhaigan, bodi and tomato will drop in price. chicken was killed by farmers in the chicken wars of 2020 till it had a shortage, arawak drop chicken prices at the factory, cucumber was $8 a month ago and now is $4. this is a normal seasonal rythm and that is why they sell big freezers to freeze tomatoes, baigan, garlic, katahar, cooked bodi, cut up carrilie etc. even green fig i freeze, casava is 12lb for $20 and i freeze about 20pounds already .

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 12th, 2021, 8:23 pm

Team,

Can anyone please state where i said that was my bill?

If anyone noticed, that bill is not even from Massy.

The person making the purchase advised that it was Tru Value.

But for those concerned, i do shop at Massy to get the foreign stuff especially and if i needed tomatoes, and Massy had it, i would buy it as i have done in the past along with the other thousands that shop there.

Cheers.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”