Xyzabcdef

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Xyzabcdef

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 6:01 am

Xyzabcdef
Last edited by Chimera on October 5th, 2023, 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Xyzabcdef

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 6:14 am

Xyzabcdef
Last edited by Chimera on October 5th, 2023, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Certified Cheque Fraud Trinidad/With pics and vids

Postby pugboy » June 6th, 2021, 7:16 am

that backlash you get very very common when dealing with bobol police
many persons who were friends of kidnap victims and helped drive to pay ransom and ting get that yet nobody except the police know they were involved with the victim.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 6th, 2021, 7:50 am

You contacted the bank regarding those manager's cheques? Sometimes bank workers involved.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 6th, 2021, 9:01 am

lol @ cheques , ppl living in 1980s deserved to be scammed like 1980s, just like iml victims, doh b dunce out here it real.
I doh understand how hard it is, no delivery until full payment in account and transferred to external account and all payment is final.
jeez even with CBTT i doh take cheque, ACH meh d 50% plz thank you so i can kick off with project docs, src equipment, etc, then 50% to actually start.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 6th, 2021, 9:04 am

daxt0r wrote:lol @ cheques , ppl living in 1980s deserved to be scammed like 1980s, just like iml victims, doh b dunce out here it real.
I doh understand how hard it is, no delivery until full payment in account and transferred to external account and all payment is final.
jeez even with CBTT i doh take cheque, ACH meh d 50% plz thank you so i can kick off with project docs, src equipment, etc, then 50% to actually start.

Some authentic CBTT cheques have been involved in multi million dollar scams.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Xyzabcdef

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 9:07 am

Xyzabcdef
Last edited by Chimera on October 5th, 2023, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 6th, 2021, 9:28 am

I stop using any bank cheques, issuing or receiving for these reasons. I think a long time ago you mention your headaches with certified cheque, Surgeon. Since that I stop.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 6th, 2021, 9:31 am

Well, except in the instance the other person is with a different bank, I let them meet me in my bank and receive it and hand over same time.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 6th, 2021, 9:33 am

yeah or in a police station as sandra suggested on his show
one of the few smart things he say

viedcht wrote:Well, except in the instance the other person is with a different bank, I let them meet me in my bank and receive it and hand over same time.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 6th, 2021, 10:01 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:daxtor thats in the case of you providing a service

if you selling a car, what reason the buyer have to transfer money to your account hoping you will turn the car over to him?
even collecting cash is a scene, because you can easily be robbed after or during

most people don't even know there are fake certified cheques.
the banks wont publicly acknowledge it because then customers will stop trusting their cheques and accepting it

Nope , that’s how we resell equipment and or service. qty 1 (almost always requires more than 1 unless is replacement) of most equipment without service is more than those cheques you shown here much less if it included service & pm as sometimes customers may opt to get service from 3rd party.

And wa you mean about car, my last car I sold d man come with cash money to wild me up to get bess price I was like no sir let’s go bank you will transfer the funds i not tusty, he twist like 3-4 times till he went bank he did transfer by teller, they confirmed for me, I provided him with receipt on spot and filled out KYC and all safe and sound. Well doh even talk if is assisting with personal import then funds have to be in account before I even translate btc to usd much less send to japan.

Jus have a process and stick to it bro even if it means passing on seemingly sweet stuff sometime especially as your business seems so risky given your posts. Increased attack surface and volume demands increased diligence on your part. Say thank god yuh ent get take for cool 200k usd like some folks here using much more advanced mechanisms.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Xyzabcdef

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Xyzabcdef
Last edited by Chimera on October 5th, 2023, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 6th, 2021, 7:55 pm

if you selling a car, what reason the buyer have to transfer money to your account hoping you will turn the car over to him?
even collecting cash is a scene, because you can easily be robbed after or during

the banks wont publicly acknowledge it because then customers will stop trusting their cheques and accepting it

Last car I sold the purchaser happened to be working same bank that I bank with. He transferred the money for the sale to me about 2 days before I actually gave him the car.
I was thinking this soldier real trusting but I guess he mussbe decide if I never give him the car he will just transfer back out the money. He would have been able to see my banking history and know its my substantial account and I probably wouldn't close it down.

I actually ended up contacting him a few weeks later for some banking related stuff and he did them for me even though my home branch is Chaguanas as his branch was close to the dealerships on Richmond Street. He also got them to waive some fees such as the one to do a Manager's Check.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » June 6th, 2021, 8:17 pm

First time Im hearing about fake certified cheques. Watching the pics of those cheques in OP, it looks real, normal. How can one tell a fraudulent one?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Only way to tell it real is to deposit it into the bank and wait a few days for the money to be credited to your account. Otherwise it have no way to be certain. They're very good quality fakes.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 9:07 pm

Even the branch doesn't know if a cheque fake for a few days if you taking another branch check to them.

They will put the.money on hold and you feel you gt and you might deliver or hand off whatever item you selling and a few days later you find out the cheque fake.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/c ... 85f60.html

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 6th, 2021, 9:09 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Only way to tell it real is to deposit it into the bank and wait a few days for the money to be credited to your account. Otherwise it have no way to be certain. They're very good quality fakes.

The cheque may not be fake but just not issued by the bank. I hope you understand the difference. Some bank workers are involved in scams.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 6th, 2021, 9:18 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Even the branch doesn't know if a cheque fake for a few days if you taking another branch check to them.

They will put the.money on hold and you feel you gt and you might deliver or hand off whatever item you selling and a few days later you find out the cheque fake.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/c ... 85f60.html

Trini VERY small business peeps sometimes too much in a hurry - frantic hurry curry - to give goods when ANY cheque/check is presented . A cheque is a PROMISSORY NOTE to pay . Just a promise . It's NOT cash :D

Banks will HOLD that check until THEY give YOU the money $$$ . Why ? They smart :fadein:

Why you not wait for the check to clear BEFORE you give your goods ? Even certified cheques :roll:

If you do not know the person , how can you trust the person in business ?

And even if you know the person - can YOU not wait for the check to clear ?

Now if you running a company like AMAZON - well that may be different :lol:

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 6th, 2021, 9:27 pm

If you look at the 3 I posted they're all the same cheque number. Fakes.
Wraith King wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Only way to tell it real is to deposit it into the bank and wait a few days for the money to be credited to your account. Otherwise it have no way to be certain. They're very good quality fakes.

The cheque may not be fake but just not issued by the bank. I hope you understand the difference. Some bank workers are involved in scams.

0rb1tz
Street 2NR

Postby 0rb1tz » June 6th, 2021, 9:43 pm

If you are in a business receiving payments, for starters you can always walk with a UV pen light.
Genuine certified checks have UV security markers like dollar bills which only show up under UV penlight. This feature can be forged by high end expert forgers, but it's unlikely that basic forged checks will pass the UV penlight test.

Now the dollar bills are plastic but when they were made out of linen they had an iodine marker to check if it was a paper forgery. Starch in paper reacts with iodine to leave a black mark. Linen has no starch. You can also just use the UV penlight on the new plastic dollar bills to easily identify a forgery. Same UV test for passports and ID cards.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Xyzabcdef

Postby Chimera » June 7th, 2021, 7:27 pm

Xyzabcdef
Last edited by Chimera on October 5th, 2023, 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 7th, 2021, 7:33 pm

This guy goes by many names that's a fake ID he is a seasoned fraudster
Phone Surgeon wrote:a fella i know get take a 150k steel bending machine about 2-3 weeks ago
fake certified cheque

person using the same id and similar cheques hit a few other places for air condition units, generators, welding plants etc

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » June 7th, 2021, 8:16 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:a fella i know get take a 150k steel bending machine about 2-3 weeks ago
fake certified cheque

person using the same id and similar cheques hit a few other places for air condition units, generators, welding plants etc
I see he offering a reward to get it back.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » June 22nd, 2021, 2:24 pm

Same happened at my workplace a few years ago, guys from a company in chaguanas came 7:30 am to collect almost $50000 in power tools. Took tools and paid with certified cheque and left before 8am. Found out it was fake after deposit. The investigation showed that the ID was fake and I don't think anyone was held for it

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Certified Cheque Fraud Trinidad/With pics and vids

Postby konartis » June 22nd, 2021, 2:48 pm

Last edited by konartis on June 22nd, 2021, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 22nd, 2021, 4:29 pm

The same three from my pics?

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » June 23rd, 2021, 9:36 pm

Op you could write for the express, I literally enjoyed reading your post

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » June 26th, 2021, 12:06 am

RBL for sure don't trust any check, if you write a check for $1.00 they calling to confirm issueance

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Xyzabcdef

Postby Chimera » June 26th, 2021, 10:03 am

Xyzabcdef
Last edited by Chimera on October 5th, 2023, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » June 26th, 2021, 11:35 am

Phone Surgeon, you is Ian Alleyne?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”