Forums

Covid Survivors Speak Out

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Covid Survivors Speak Out

Postby Penguin » May 12th, 2021, 8:55 pm

Redress10 wrote:I am not claiming that he is lying. He very well may have had covid.

What I am saying is he cannot say for a fact that he had covid at the time he experienced those symptoms without a positive covid test. Other than that he was just "ill". Could have been anything. A test would have confirmed or denied his suspicions.

I would agree, he got sick, probably covid but nobody knows.

If I were sick in the last 3 months, what are the odds of it being covid?

Is covid more common right now than the common cold and other viruses?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Penguin wrote:
Redress10 wrote:I am not claiming that he is lying. He very well may have had covid.

What I am saying is he cannot say for a fact that he had covid at the time he experienced those symptoms without a positive covid test. Other than that he was just "ill". Could have been anything. A test would have confirmed or denied his suspicions.

but he had contact with ppl who tested +ve so the balance of probabilities leans towards he being +ve as well and the antigen test proved he had it, although it may be not as valid given the time frame between getting sick and when he got the test

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 12th, 2021, 9:06 pm

OK so besides DPD, anyone else tested +ve for it? with the thousands of infections we getting now i sure a couple tuners included in that group.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Penguin wrote:

Look at it this way. You can't diagnose an illness based on symptoms because symptoms are just an indication that your body is ill. What is causing this illness is determined by the test. That is why the only thing that matters in disease diagnosis is the test results.

Remember symptoms is just the result of your body recognising and fighting a foreign body(virus etc). The response is a fever which ya body triggers. When someone is really ill, the first sign is usually a fever. A lot of people think they experiencing a fever and they don't even realise that they are within the normal temperature range.

There is less chance for common cold/flu because the mask wearing/sanitizing will also be barriers to those. But any illness, don't just assume that it is covid. It may very well be just the common cold.

The ONLY way you can know what kinda illness you have is with appropriate testing.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 9:21 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Penguin wrote:

but he had contact with ppl who tested +ve so the balance of probabilities leans towards he being +ve as well and the antigen test proved he had it, although it may be not as valid given the time frame between getting sick and when he got the test

Whether he had contact with ppl who tested +ve is speculative at best. Transmission is not an automatic process once contact occurs. We also don't know if his neighbour WAS positive when they were interacting together. She would later go on to test positive. She could have contracted the virus minutes after meeting him. We don't know when her status moved from seronegative to seropositive. We also don't know if her viral load was also high enough to cause a successful transmission. All of these things need to be considered before you can say it is definite that a transmission took place and we simply don't have the facts.

He also assumes that his illness was covid related based on symptoms but he wasn't assessed by medical professional to confirm this via testing. The only thing that could confirm covid is a test. His illness could literally have been anything.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 12th, 2021, 10:23 pm

Redress10 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Whether he had contact with ppl who tested +ve is speculative at best. Transmission is not an automatic process once contact occurs. We also don't know if his neighbour WAS positive when they were interacting together. She would later go on to test positive. She could have contracted the virus minutes after meeting him. We don't know when her status moved from seronegative to seropositive. We also don't know if her viral load was also high enough to cause a successful transmission. All of these things need to be considered before you can say it is definite that a transmission took place and we simply don't have the facts.

He also assumes that his illness was covid related based on symptoms but he wasn't assessed by medical professional to confirm this via testing. The only thing that could confirm covid is a test. His illness could literally have been anything.

Agreed...his story is BS!!!

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 10:36 pm

Y'all obsessed with me here.

Redress10, I cannot say with 100% certainty I had covid-19 then, but antigen tests confirmed it shortly after (I think I got tested a week or 2 after I felt fine), and later an antibody test also confirmed it.

The reason I didn't go get tested was that there were severe delays back then, my neighbor ended up taking 2 weeks to get her results.

The story isn't BS, I could easily just lie and say, yea I went to get a PCR and it was covid, story done. I being honest, I didn't go as it was mild and I didn't want to infect anyone inadvertently.

My neighbor said she got symptoms 2 days after she came over, science confirms that she would have been most infectious then.

We know that a person with COVID-19 may be contagious 48 hours before starting to experience symptoms. Emerging research suggests that people may actually be most likely to spread the virus to others during the 48 hours before they start to experience symptoms.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... 20symptoms.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 11:09 pm

Yeah no one is obsessed with you. You came in here spewing scientifically inaccurate information.

Your statements were dangerous for various reasons. First you accused your neighnour of giving you a potentially fatal disease. You offered no proof that she was positive at the time of the meeting. You also claimed to be wearing a mask and following covid protocols yet still got infected.
You claimed all of this even though you admitted that you didn't actually test positive for covid.

Here you are trying to establish a timeline for when your neighbour was most "infectious". All of these things are just speculation. Your speculations.

I hope you get it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 12th, 2021, 11:14 pm

DPD,

I am convinced that you had it bro based on all you’ve said.

Be careful out there.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 13th, 2021, 6:31 am

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 13th, 2021, 7:10 am

I wouldn't doubt that Dohplaydat had covid.And he was very responsible in self quarantine despite the picong about his 'nurse'. Quarantine doesn't need to be boring.
Despite all the conspiracy, who wants internet points, who wants to politicize it, Covid is killing people.That is a hard fact.I don't know you guys personally, but I wouldn't want you to die from it.My wish is for you to have long and healthy lives as well as your loved ones.Is only after people die we does want to say good things about whether you believe covid is a hoax or not, take care of yourselves and your family.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » May 13th, 2021, 1:33 pm

About a month ago I had primary exposure to 2 covid cases (they are my coworkers and one got it from the other thanks to managerial negligence). Everyone else tested negative.

One took 9 days while in self-quarantine to develop symptoms after the last contact.

I suspect they had the strain that was in circulation before based on the symptoms observed from them and the family members who it spread to before they were aware they had it.

2-3 days of mild symptoms and it was over.

Unfortnately the strain spreading rapidly right now shouldn't even be considered similar due to its virulent nature.

I suspect this misconception is one of the reasons for the level of complacency and distrust demonstrated towards the current spike.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 13th, 2021, 3:21 pm

Azim Azim

RECOVERING FITNESS INSTRUCTOR WARNS ALL TO FOLLOW MEASURES
GUARDIAN MEDIA REPORT

The mornings after nights of tragic deaths are quiet at the Augustus Long Hospital as doctors and nurses feel the pain of losing another patient.

Those afflicted with COVID-19 worry if they would be next. Lying on a bed, unable to even touch his toes, marine worker and fitness instructor Nicholas Edwards wondered if his life would be cut short at 36, falling victim to the pandemic.

Edwards said for three of the 12 days he spent at the COVID-19 care facility in Pointe-a-Pierre, it was the worst of his life. “A simple thing as trying to brush my teeth, I could not do. A simple thing like trying to raise up to eat a slice of bread or a spoon of rice, I was rendered almost incapable. It was such a scary and traumatic experience.

“It was like you are lying there on a bed, and any move too drastic could render you out of breath and gasping for air. There was a period when I thought I would not make it because things were looking so bad for me,” Edwards said.

He fell ill on April 23 at his father’s home in San Fernando. He stayed away from work the following day to avoid putting his colleagues at risk. After taking Panadine and Panadol Extra Strength, he began feeling better and went to be with his family in Point Fortin on April 25.

That night, he began experiencing severe fever and nausea. The next day, he went to a doctor, who examined him and diagnosed him with severe tonsillitis. The doctor prescribed antibiotics, Chloraseptic, EmergenC and told him to gargle with salt and warm water.

Edwards returned to his family and followed the doctor’s instructions. But that evening, he began suffering from chest pains and breathing difficulties. “I felt like if I did not sit up appropriately, even while trying to sleep at night, I could not breathe properly. I felt there was mucus in my chest that was pressing against me.” By morning, he had enough and went to the Point Fortin Hospital, where a doctor immediately administered oxygen.

A chest x-ray, CT scan and nasal swab confirmed the doctor’s suspicion that Edwards was COVID-19 positive. The doctor ordered Edward’s transfer to the Augustus Long Hospital. By night-time on April 28, the medical staff was administering fluids intravenously, oxygen and medicine for Edwards’ chest infection.

“The 28 to the 30, I think, were the three most difficult days of my life. It was an experience that I wish upon no one, and people need to be aware of the seriousness and severity of this COVID virus that is going around.”

Edwards said he had no pre-existing health conditions, exercised and ate healthily, but still contracted COVID-19, which attacked his lungs to the point that he needed assistance to breathe.

He also suffered intense fever and body pain. But from despair came recovery, and by May 1, he was able to hobble to the sink and brush his teeth.

Edwards lauded the care at the hospital, saying that every staff member showed professionalism to patients, regardless of their ethnicity, sex and social status.

“I would say that these people are really risking their lives to help us, the normal people. There is no discrimination against colour, creed or race. These people are there to help, and that is exactly what they were and are doing.”

Now discharged, Edwards is in recovery with monitoring from doctors. However, he is taken aback by social media. He said some people were condemning the public health restrictions because they either believe that COVID-19 is not a severe virus or is not real.

“They need to open their eyes and realise that this pandemic is real. This virus is so real and dangerous. It is not a game. It is not a time for people to be arrogant or ignorant. This virus, people would not believe until they experience what someone went through to know,” he said.

Edwards said during his 12-day stay, at least nine people died. All were in the Intensive Care Unit and all had the same symptoms he did.

Edwards urged everyone to take the virus seriously and follow public health officials’ recommendations so that they and their loved ones would not fall victims as those already gone.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=302 ... 5817035840

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 13th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Azim Azim

“CAROL” TELLS HER STORY FROM THE ICU
GUARDIAN MEDIA REPORT

Carol (not her real name) has been in the Scarborough General Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for endless days and nights with another patient, who died on the night of Sunday, May 9.

She says she feels an “intense sadness” about the patient’s death. She says she knows it could have been her.

Carol says all she has been seeing are nurses and doctors in silhouette, long, white gowns, covered with masks and gloves, and only their eyes showing. The nurses’ words bring well wishes and items from family members and friends.

Carol said knowing she is being prayed for brings “absolute comfort” as she breathes through an oxygen mask, holding on for dear life.

Now the lone patient at the ICU on May 11, she remains hopeful. She was shocked after learning of the death of the only person who had been “keeping her company” since she was admitted in early May with complications from COVID-19.

“It was a tragic loss as her family, I am sure, were expecting her to come out alive,” Carol told Guardian Media.

On Sunday, when Guardian Media spoke with Carol, she was trying to control her fear of dying, breathing deeply through the short conversation. Back then, she was told her oxygen saturation level was 50 per cent.

Yesterday, she said the oxygen level was 82 per cent. She said she feels better and credits her survival to “God, prayers, and the kind, wonderful nurses in the Scarborough Hospital’s ICU Unit.”

She laughs a little as she talks about getting out of the hospital and “appreciating everything.”

She said she still wonders where she got COVID.

“I was careful, went to work and back, stayed only with my husband. He took me to work and back. I still got COVID. He tested negative. My co-workers tested negative too. So where did I get it?,” she questioned.

She recalled how her situation unfolded.

“I felt a little fever and intense pain, especially in my back. Days after, I felt worse. The fever got intense. I was not sure what day it was, who my husband was, and where I was.

I was at home. I went to the Scarborough Health Center, and the nurses decided to test me for COVID as they were monitoring me as I had taken the vaccine days before.

On my way to the drug store to get stronger painkillers, the nurses called me and said I should return immediately, as I tested positive for COVID. I cried,” she said.

She said she can’t remember much after that.

“Only just me fighting to breathe, fighting to remain alive, trying to smile, and having happy thoughts,” Carol said.

Her advice to the general public is: “COVID is real. Don’t say it’s just a cold. Follow all the protocols. Keep your family safe.”

Guardian Media Ltd is keeping Carol in our prayers.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=302 ... 5817035840

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Covid Survivors Speak Out

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2021, 4:19 pm

“I was careful, went to work and back, stayed only with my husband. He took me to work and back. I still got COVID. He tested negative. My co-workers tested negative too. So where did I get it?,” she questioned.

Steups ok

Allyuh Trinis not careful enough and we see this every single day.

Save the bullsheit please

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 13th, 2021, 4:42 pm

Husband was brushing a disease ridden vene on the side.Thats where it came from
MaxPower wrote:“I was careful, went to work and back, stayed only with my husband. He took me to work and back. I still got COVID. He tested negative. My co-workers tested negative too. So where did I get it?,” she questioned.

Steups ok

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 13th, 2021, 4:51 pm

timelapse wrote:Husband was brushing a disease ridden vene on the side.Thats where it came from
MaxPower wrote:“I was careful, went to work and back, stayed only with my husband. He took me to work and back. I still got COVID. He tested negative. My co-workers tested negative too. So where did I get it?,” she questioned.

Steups ok

I highly doubt all her co-workers got tested. And one could have been asymptomatic spread it to her, and by the time she realizes she has it, that coworker could be negative.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » May 13th, 2021, 5:14 pm

@Dohplaydat, your experience is a good reminder. Thanks
Also, literally from 1yr ago (on spreadability):

Dohplaydat wrote:
MaxPower wrote:So it appears that everyone who shares their experience are clueless to how they got it.

Oh i never went out and i always used to sanitize and keep my distance bla bla bla

Yeh sure you did.....do we expect them to say they were zessing and spreading germs?

OK

I got it last September. I work from home, barely go out except grocery. Actually during that period I hadn't seen even my parents for weeks and I live on my own.

Got it from my neighbor who came to drop some cake. I hadn't seen her in a couple weeks and I was wearing a mask she wasn't. She came inside for a while, maybe 30 mins. My mask was on right through.

She herself assumed she safe too as she and her mom stay home and only go grocery.

2 days later she messaged me to say she and mom sick and they gonna get tested. About a week after that I got symptoms, however, they were quite mild.

They got their positive results almost 2 weeks later.

I didn't get tested as I didn't wanna leave the house to infect anyone, but I'm 99% sure it was given my symptoms.

What was weird about Covid was how long it lingered. It never got bad, but for more than weeks I had chills, headaches, fatigue, developed a small cough that lasted like 2 months.

Even mild it's not something to take likely.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 13th, 2021, 5:51 pm

Alert T&T

POINT FORTIN CORPORATION WORKER DIES FROM COVID 19
GUARDIAN MEDIA REPORT

Staff at the Point Fortin Borough Corporation have been plunged into mourning following the death of their colleague Kevin Alexander, who succumbed to COVID-19.

In a Facebook post, the corporation extended its deepest condolences to Alexander’s family.
He lived at Sobo Village, La Brea.

It stated, “Though your light has been dimmed, you still shine brightly in our hearts. We will miss you. The Chief Executive Officer and administration of the Point Fortin Borough Corporation offers our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Kevin Alexander, an employee who was lost due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Two Saturdays ago, Point Fortin mayor Saleema Thomas publicly disclosed that she had contracted COVID-19. The mayor, who is pregnant with her third child, also expressed her sadness over Alexander’s passing.

On her Facebook page, she said, “As we continue to battle the COVID-19, we stand in solidarity with those who have experienced its devastating effects, having first hand knowledge of how challenging this can be.

On this occasion, we are deeply saddened by the passing of Mr Kevin Alexander, who was employed as a driver at the Point Fortin Borough Corporation and who recently succumbed to the virus.

His service and the light, laughter and love that he brought to those around him will not be forgotten.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.”

Point Fortin MP Kennedy Richard’s Jr recalled that Alexander worked closely with him during his service as a councillor and mayor.

“He was patient and always jolly.

Indeed, my heart is heavy today to learn about his passing. The Point Fortin Borough Corporation has indeed lost a great one and son of the soil May his soul rest in eternal peace,”

Richards said Within the last few weeks, several corporation employees were placed in quarantine, including a dozen Municipal Police Officers, two of whom tested positive.

The officers had complained that they were at risk of contracting the virus, as no rotation system had been implemented.

They further complained that hand sanitisers and supplies to clean their weapons and other items were not made available to them.

The officers accused their superiors of jeopardising not only their life but the lives of their loved ones.

However, Senior Supt of the Municpal Police South, Cecil Santana, said as far as he was aware the officers were on rotation. But, he promised to look into their complaints.

When Guardian Media reached out to Alexander’s relative yesterday, she said the family was too distraught to comment at this time.

https://www.facebook.com/alertTandT/

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 13th, 2021, 6:31 pm

Came expecting rational dialogue, meet a setta jackass braying.
Anywho...

Having witnessed first hand people survive and die from this thing, I can tell you one thing. This virus is not something that you want to play stupid with.
Most people infected with this virus will have few to no serious symptoms and will ride it out and return to normal after a few weeks.
Those who do have symptoms, same scenario, it will last a few weeks, and they will gradually get better, but know this. They will never return to their pre-covid level of health. Reduced lung function (up to 30%) is a very real long term common aftereffect.
Most that have severe symptomatic responses to this virus will not survive it, because their airways including the alveoli, are ram packed full of inflammation, plasma, white blood cells and debris. This virus binds to a very specific protein in the lungs and damages the lining of the alveoli, thus hindering the exchange of gases. Hence, co2 can't be expelled, o2 can't be absorbed, leading to covid patients having very low blood oxygen levels.

The last patient I saw that was suspected of being infected, her cxr showed that her entire lung fields from upper to lower were literally opaque. This lady was in her 40's, and coughing almost non stop, often bringing up blood because her lungs were so badly damaged. I honestly doubt that she survived.

You want to know what a very severe case of infection with covid is like?
Imagine, if you can, that you are in your bed, and while you lie there you are very slowly literally drowning in your bed on your own bodily fluids. Mucus, pus, and plasma slowly filling up in your lungs, and so thick that you can't get it out no matter how hard or how much you cough.

People, be very very careful. This thing not nice, and VERY EASY to contract.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2021, 7:33 pm

Thanks 88 for sharing your experience bro.

Keep safe and indoors as much as possible.

Hope you have enough dog food stock up too.

Cheers

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 13th, 2021, 7:35 pm

No words:

Azim Azim
·
ANOTHER YOUNG WOMAN DIES FROM COVID-19
A woman identified as Sherene died from covid-19 last night, she had survived the covid-19 virus at first but the virus came back stronger and she had problems breathing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=303 ... 5817035840

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » May 14th, 2021, 2:02 am

i dont know nuh

i just find a lot of these videos

with these unbiased and "i nut about party i about cornchee" people

who seem to be very concerned about not politicizing the issue at this time :cry: :cry: :cry:

does spend a lot of time

brakes-in for certain people who currently occupy positions of responsibility

and begging for the removal of constitutional rights

strange. :?

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » May 14th, 2021, 2:53 am

They are picking and choosing the videos

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 14th, 2021, 8:21 pm

Yeah I don't get that whole thing.

What I have a little issue with is the "all of us are to blame" and "we're al in this together" no stop saying that.

I'm doing my part and have been at home without complaint and really trying to stay there going out only for groceries.
Don't blame everyone, commend those who do the right thing and go after the offenders. If you can't differentiate than stay quiet.

The attitude of constant blaming only wears people down and may more than likely make them an offender.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » May 14th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Point is pnm stewardship killed all these people. Plain talk

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 14th, 2021, 10:48 pm

matr1x wrote:Point is pnm stewardship killed all these people. Plain talk

January 27th 2020 - Hansard pgs. 32-33

Requests For Leave To Move The Adjournment Of The House On Definite Matters Of Urgent Public Importance

Two Requests: Dr. Tim Gopeesingh, MP, made a request for leave to move the adjournment of the House on a definite matter of urgent public importance namely the threat that Trinidad and Tobago faces in wake of the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.

The Speaker of the House was not satisfied that this matter qualified under Standing Order 17.

Also Pgs. 10-11
http://www.ttparliament.org/chamber_bus ... =9&id=2588

February 28, 2020: Pgs. 16 -21

http://www.ttparliament.org/hansards/hh20200228.pdf

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 15th, 2021, 1:38 am

Me personally, I does park up outside groceries just to film when the crowds getting bad and upload it on facebook. It is thankless work, aside from all the support i get in the comments. I do hope I get a chaconia or humming bird gold come later this year.

I am all for further restrictions, lock down the groceries to only 3 hours a day to contain the spread. I dont know why people have to go by the grocery and crowd up the place. If only they could be as serious as I am about it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 15th, 2021, 1:43 am

ProtonPowder wrote:I am all for further restrictions, lock down the groceries to only 3 hours a day to contain the spread. I dont know why people have to go by the grocery and crowd up the place. If only they could be as serious as I am about it.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 15th, 2021, 4:33 am

Seeing the lines at supermarkets with a reduction of operations by 1-2 hours and the solution you come up with is to further limit it to 3 hours ok

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”