Forums

Covid Survivors Speak Out

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Covid Survivors Speak Out

Postby bluefete » May 12th, 2021, 4:00 pm

We should have a thread just for the experiences of those locals who got and survived Covid-19.

If mods disagree, you can merge wherever you wish.

·
Posted by

Akilah Glasgow, councillor in the Diego Martin Regional Corporation.

*COVID 19 IS REAL*

I speak as a victim of this deadly virus. It is like no other virus I have ever experienced, and I can safely say that I will never be the same after this experience.

*MY EXPERIENCE*

With COVID 19, everything has intensified, -a scratch, a pimple, hurt more than usual. Every single pore on my body hurt to the touch, even fan breeze made my body ache. Ten days in and I still can't take the fan breeze, worse yet, the AC.

This virus, hmmm, it's like you can feel it crawling through you, it's an unexplainable feeling that many won't understand.

There were days when I felt like I was through the worst days and then some other symptom would pull me back into web of this virus, that just means it has to get the best of you.

*MY SYMPTOMS*

Over the last 10 days I have experienced headaches, body aches, joint pains, stomach and back pains, cramps lost of taste and smell, dizziness sensitivity to noise (phone ringing, music, TV) coughing, diarrhea, coldsweat, trembling, weaknees, wheezing, nervousness, insomnia(at night), drowsiness(in the day) and fatigue.

*TREATMENTS*

I have been taking many things, most prescribed by the doctors and some home remedies. Traumacet, paracetamol, panadol multi symptom, vitamin C, zinc tablets, yellow fruits(orange, pineapple, Portugal, bananas), *(all help with flu symptoms).* Vicks, eucalyptus oils, menthol crystals *(helps with stuffy nose)*

I've been drinking and steaming with ginger, garlic, fever grass, lime, and turmeric *(after the steams is when I feel the least congested and breathing is much better)*. I have also been using blackseed powder and honey *(this has helped with my cough)*

*THE DOCTORS & NURSES*

I have been blessed to be in contact with Dr. Mohammed, Dr. Harper and Nurse Gordon. These women are dedicated to seeing my family and I through this, from contact tracing to calling daily to take note of my symptoms and progress. CMOH has also provided us with a Oximeter to check our pulse and oxygen levels *(which have been good the past few days)*

I pray that God continues to bless these men and women, not just the ones that have been checking in on my family and I daily, but all the essential workers who are fighting this fight.

*THINGS WE TAKE FOR GRANTED, BUT MUST CONSIDER WHEN YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS UNDER QUARANTINE*

1. How will you expose of your garbage?
2. Who is going to get you food and medicine?
3. Who can you trust with your bank card/money to pay your bills?
4. Who cares enough to take the risk to dispose of your garbage, bring you groceries, get your meds?
*(in my case, I've been grateful to have Manswell and Aneisha A Jerry Bubb, Members of the Committee in my building and Crystal.

People, this is the time to be your brothers, sisters and neighbours keepers. Reach out to people that you know are quarantined and ask if they need help with food, meds, anything you can help them with. Keep in mind if they don't have help, they may be forced to leave home to get stuff, which would put you and your community at higher risks.

*WHAT IS A MUST DO IF YOU EXPERIENCE FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS*

1. Self isolate and contact your doctor or the nearest Health Centre for advice. Ruling symptoms as "just a normal headache" could be detrimental to so many lives. I am glad I stayed home from the moment I felt I'll, otherwise so many other people could have been affected. I would have never been able to forgive myself.

*WHAT IS A MUST DO IF YOU ARE ADVISED TO GET TESTED?*

1. Get tested and go back into quarantine.

2. While waiting on your results, start doing contact tracing, by listing names and contacts of all who your were in close contact with, *without a mask, for more than 15 minutes* up to *3 days prior to when you started having symptoms*.

If you do this, in the event your test comes back positive, you will have a head start on contact tracing and make easier for the nurses who have to contact these people and send them quarantine orders. *Keep in mind you could have infected these persons or they could have infected you, so the sooner they are put under quarantine it can help with containment.*

*WHAT TO DO AFTER TESTING POSITIVE?*

1. Reach out to your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2. Obey every rule given by health officials and make sure to 8inform them of every symptom you experience *(your life depends on it)*

3. Drink plenty hot liquids and don't sleep on your back *(#3 is my personal recommendation)*
*YOUR MENTAL STATE WHILE HAVING COVID (A TOPIC OFTEN IGNORED)*

For me it has been an emotional rollercoaster. My family and I are very close. My children and I show affection through hugs, kisses and cuddling. Over the past year, we have cut it out, especially because I deal with more than the average amount of people daily.

We no longer hug and kiss when I get home, YET I was still able to bring this virus home to my daughters and fiance. Once that mask came off in my home they were put at risk- it hurts.

I'm scared for us as a people. Watching the news and seeing the videos on social media, where people are still breaking Covid laws, while the Government and health officials plead and beg l, breaks me.

I'm in tears many nights, sending a fear through me that tells me, people will only understand until it reaches their home, or until someone they love dies.

I lay in the still of the night listening to ambulances going up and down the highway, and can't help but wonder if it's another COVID patient. I pray for every single person with COVID survival and healing. I pray for my family and I pray for me- I will not let COVID win.

*GRATITUDE*

While my COVID experience is not the best, I'm grateful and thankful for being strong enough to fight this bastard of a virus. I'm grateful that my children are stronger and younger than me and are doing better. I'm grateful for my fiance, who has fought off COVID like a champion, so that he can take care of me.

I'm grateful that my other family members though under quarantine, have shown no symptoms. I'm grateful that the people that I would have been in contact with, followed the quarantine order, even before they recieved their letters, and they are also well.

I'm grateful to be going through this at home, and though I am weak, I am grateful to be ALIVE.

I'm grateful for the love and the prayers and for everyone who have reached out, and even though I can't respond to everyone *(I really need the rest)*, know that I appreciate you.

To my mothers Francine, Allana George, Ronda Francis and Patsy Joseph who have all helped keep me sane, thank you.

I am sharing my experience, not for pity. I am sharing so that you can put a face to one of those numbers you see daily. I'm sharing because if my experience can help one person to take heed, it just might help save a life.

COVID IS REAL.
Let us get REAL and do what is asked of us to fight this virus and rid our country of it.
PLEASE.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=102 ... 1126906823

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Covid Survivors Speak Out

Postby MaxPower » May 12th, 2021, 4:29 pm

So it appears that everyone who shares their experience are clueless to how they got it.

Oh i never went out and i always used to sanitize and keep my distance bla bla bla

Yeh sure you did.....do we expect them to say they were zessing and spreading germs?

OK

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 4:36 pm

MaxPower wrote:So it appears that everyone who shares their experience are clueless to how they got it.

Oh i never went out and i always used to sanitize and keep my distance bla bla bla

Yeh sure you did.....do we expect them to say they were zessing and spreading germs?

OK

I got it last September. I work from home, barely go out except grocery. Actually during that period I hadn't seen even my parents for weeks and I live on my own.

Got it from my neighbor who came to drop some cake. I hadn't seen her in a couple weeks and I was wearing a mask she wasn't. She came inside for a while, maybe 30 mins. My mask was on right through.

She herself assumed she safe too as she and her mom stay home and only go grocery.

2 days later she messaged me to say she and mom sick and they gonna get tested. About a week after that I got symptoms, however, they were quite mild.

They got their positive results almost 2 weeks later.

I didn't get tested as I didn't wanna leave the house to infect anyone, but I'm 99% sure it was given my symptoms.

What was weird about Covid was how long it lingered. It never got bad, but for more than weeks I had chills, headaches, fatigue, developed a small cough that lasted like 2 months.

Even mild it's not something to take likely.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 12th, 2021, 4:37 pm

MaxPower wrote:So it appears that everyone who shares their experience are clueless to how they got it.

OK
True eh...never expect them to come clean.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 12th, 2021, 5:03 pm

Shrugs shoulders
Attachments
IMG-20210512-WA0189.jpg

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 5:20 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

OK

I got it last September. I work from home, barely go out except grocery. Actually during that period I hadn't seen even my parents for weeks and I live on my own.

Got it from my neighbor who came to drop some cake. I hadn't seen her in a couple weeks and I was wearing a mask she wasn't. She came inside for a while, maybe 30 mins. My mask was on right through.

She herself assumed she safe too as she and her mom stay home and only go grocery.

2 days later she messaged me to say she and mom sick and they gonna get tested. About a week after that I got symptoms, however, they were quite mild.

I didn't get tested as I didn't wanna leave the house to infect anyone, but I'm 99% sure it was given my symptoms.

What was weird about Covid was how long it lingered. It never got bad, but for more than weeks I had chills, headaches, fatigue, developed a small cough that lasted like 2 months.

Steups...Bro understand something.

You cannot say that you had a disease unless you were TESTED for it. What madness are you sharing on this forum? Your symptoms could have been the result of any one of the diseases that mimic covid. It could have been dengue fever for all you know.

This is very irresponsible of you.
Last edited by Redress10 on May 12th, 2021, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 12th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Alyuh jackassing the scene and spreading it.

I dont know how I catch it though, I was always careful, using 3 masks, standing 10 feet apart and eating grass from my backyard and not going nowhere.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 5:26 pm

Redress10 wrote:

You cannot say that you had a disease unless you were TESTED for it. What madness are you sharing on this forum? Your symptoms could have been the result of any one of the diseases that mimic covid. It could have been dengue fever for all you know.

I've had dengue before, and that was not dengue, barely registered any fever at all. Anyhow I did do an antigen test later which confirmed I had it.

And anyway, because I can self isolate easily, instead of going out and getting testing and waiting 2 weeks like my neighbor I just waited it out bro....

U do know that in the US only 1 in 6 covid cases are detected? Many don't get tested because it's either too mild or asymptomatic.

Many countries told citizens if they're sick don't bother coming in to get tested if they're young and healthy, as they don't want any further spread.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 5:32 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

OK

I've had dengue before, and that was not dengue, barely registered any fever at all. Anyhow I did do an antigen test later which confirmed I had it.

Bro

All of that are mute points. What I am contesting is where you think you got a disease from based on your "symptoms". Unless you got a test that confirmed that you were covid positive at the time of your "illness" then you cannot say that you were suffering from covid. Your neighbour's covid status is irrelevant as to your status.

It is very misleading for you to come and say that you HAD covid and it was quite mild without a confirmed diagnosis. That isn't medically accurate. What you are doing is speculating.

Your antigen test is irrelevant as well.
Last edited by Redress10 on May 12th, 2021, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 12th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Lmao is Daran what else allyuh expect

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

OK

Bro

All of that are mute points. What I am contesting is where you think you got a disease from based on your "symptoms". Unless you got a test that confirmed that you were covid positive at the time of your "illness" then you cannot say that you were suffering from covid. Your neighbour's covid status is irrelevant as to your status.

Dude, even a PCR test isn't always accurate. I chose to not get tested due to the delays back then and literally the only person I saw that week was my neighbor.

I also did an antibody test in January that confirmed I had covid as well.

It is very misleading for you to come and say that you HAD covid and it was quite mild. That isn't medically accurate. What you are doing is speculating.

Your antigen test is irrelevant as well.
[/quote]

You do realize that 80% of covid-19 cases are mild to asymptomatic....please tell me you know that by now.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 12th, 2021, 5:43 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

And anyway, because I can self isolate easily, instead of going out and getting testing and waiting 2 weeks like my neighbor I just waited it out bro....

U do know that in the US only 1 in 6 covid cases are detected? Many don't get tested because it's either too mild or asymptomatic.

Many countries told citizens if they're sick don't bother coming in to get tested if they're young and healthy, as they don't want any further spread.

Cuck,

Were you ever confirmed to have Covid-19 via the appropriate testing?

If you were not then don't say you had and come on here spreading misinformation. Don't try to fool the good people of Tuner.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 12th, 2021, 5:44 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

OK

Thank you Redress10 for calling out this clown.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 5:44 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Cuck,

If you were not then don't say you had and come on here spreading misinformation. Don't try to fool the good people of Tuner.

LOL ok virgin, carry on.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 12th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Cuck,

LOL ok virgin, carry on.

Cuck,

The only virgin is you. You lied about sleeping with women just like you lied about getting covid and having a "minister friend" who told you there was a curfew. Your mother already told me this.

I cherish this community too much to let this slide so please refrain from conducting yourself in such a way anymore.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Cuck,

LOL ok virgin, carry on.

Cuck,

The only virgin is you. You lied about sleeping with women just like you lied about getting covid and having a "minister friend" who told you there was a curfew. Your mother already told me this.

I cherish this community too much to let this slide so please refrain from conducting yourself in such a way anymore.

None are lies bro. I know how you idolize me so no worries.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 12th, 2021, 5:54 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Cuck,

LOL ok virgin, carry on.

Cuck,

None are lies bro. I know how you idolize me so no worries.

Cuck,

lol no one idolizes a failure like you.

You not only lie to others but lie to yourself too when you think like that dude lol.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 5:56 pm

DPD

Symptoms reflect a viral illness. There are over 200 viral illnesses, you have stated that you didn't test for covid yet you have diagnosed yourself as having covid based on that interaction with your neighbour. This is INSANITY

Never mind your timeline between interaction and onset of symptoms is wayyy off for covid but that is another topic altogether. One I don't care to get involved in.

Your antibody test is irrelevant and doesn't prove this interaction gave you covid. In fact it doesn't prove anything at all. Dafuq you even talking about. Simple things such as pollen interaction could cause ya body to create antibodies. Doesn't mean that you were ever infected with covid. Could just mean that you came into contact with it. Contact doesn't automatically result in infection. Infection requires very specific conditions in order for a successful transmission to take place. Like I said, your anti body test results are irrelevant.

Whether 80% of symptoms are mild or not is irrelevant as well. The only thing that is relevant in scientific setting is testing and test results. You don't have any of these.

Your posts are misleading and the mods should seriously look into whether keeping them up is responsible in this time. For all we know you can be a hypochondriac who claim to have had every single disease known to mankind.

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » May 12th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Redress10 wrote:DPD

Symptoms reflect a viral illness. There are over 200 viral illnesses, you have stated that you didn't test for covid yet you have diagnosed yourself as having covid based on that interaction with your neighbour. This is INSANITY

Never mind your timeline between interaction and onset of symptoms is wayyy off for covid but that is another topic altogether. One I don't care to get involved in.

Your antibody test is irrelevant and doesn't prove this interaction gave you covid. In fact it doesn't prove anything at all. Dafuq you even talking about. Simple things such as pollen interaction could cause ya body to create antibodies. Doesn't mean that you were ever infected with covid. Could just mean that you came into contact with it. Contact doesn't automatically result in infection. Infection requires very specific conditions in order for a successful transmission to take place. Like I said, your anti body test results are irrelevant.

Whether 80% of symptoms are mild or not is irrelevant as well. The only thing that is relevant in scientific setting is testing and test results. You don't have any of these.

Your posts are misleading and the mods should seriously look into whether keeping them up is responsible in this time. For all we know you can be a hypochondriac who claim to have had every single disease known to mankind.

Just a few corrections.

The antibody test is a very valid scienfitic test that is used to see who had covid. The early ones were highly inaccurate, but the ones produced from September 2020 onward, leaned heavily to false negatives. So if he did get a positive, it's very likely he had covid-19.

Secondly, posts like this are not helpful, both yours and to an extent his. Because firstly, he can't prove he had covid, even with a PCR test, since those veer toward false positives due to the sensitivity.

His experience is of a mild viral infection, however many studies now show mild covid-19 isn't as 'mild' as it seems. There are lots of long-term consequences and even mild covid can lead to a shorter lifespan. It's good for everyone to share to experience, even if they didn't get tested as covid-19 is a strange viral infection that affects people very differently. It's best we get everyone experience out so we can learn from it.

It is very likely he and many of us had covid previously and we didn't know or didn't get tested. In some population groups, the original strain was shown to be mild or asymptomatic in close to 95% of persons when mass antibody tests were used.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Unless he had a positive covid tests at the time of his infection he can't say he had covid.

Symptoms are irrelevant when diagnosing a disease. Symptoms get you through the hospital door and testing gets you treatment. Would a doctor treat someone for a disease without ordering tests? Hell no. His experience are of a "mild viral infection", the testing is to determine exactly what it is/was.

So he can't come on this forum and say he had a disease that he never tested for. That is insane. Most viral illnesses appear similar and the tests are used to differentiate them.

And no...most of us would not have "had covid and not even know it". Wth are you even talking about. We are literally seeing people contracting covid daily and dying and this is dumb sh*t you will come and say.

Guys there is a huge chance that you haven't been in contact with covid and will never be. Don't believe that you may have been in contact and you are safe. Keep your guard up.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 12th, 2021, 6:19 pm

Friends,

Let’s have some respect for our colleague Dohplaydat.

He means well and is a very active member on the forum with many good points and perspectives.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 6:21 pm

Redress10 wrote:Unless he had a positive covid tests at the time of his infection he can't say he had covid.

Symptoms are irrelevant when diagnosing a disease. Symptoms get you through the hospital door and testing gets you treatment. Would a doctor treat someone for a disease without ordering tests? Hell no. His experience are of a "mild viral infection", the testing is to determine exactly what it is/was.

So he can't come on this forum and say he had a disease that he never tested for. That is insane. Most viral illnesses appear similar and the tests are used to differentiate them.

And no...most of us would not have "had covid and not even know it". Wth are you even talking about. We are literally seeing people contracting covid daily and dying and this is dumb sh*t you will come and say.

Guys there is a huge chance that you haven't been in contact with covid and will never be. Don't believe that you may have been in contact and you are safe. Keep your guard up.

Well I don't meet your criteria bro

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 12th, 2021, 6:26 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:Unless he had a positive covid tests at the time of his infection he can't say he had covid.

Well I don't meet your criteria bro

You don't meet THE criteria you clown.

PCR tests are considered the “gold standard” test for a clinical diagnosis, according to the CDC. You needed a follow up PCR.
Last edited by SuperiorMan on May 12th, 2021, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » May 12th, 2021, 6:28 pm

K74T wrote:Lmao is Daran what else allyuh expect

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 12th, 2021, 6:34 pm

Damn...it escalated like rip frankyln khan thread.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 12th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Dohplaydat is a 4kin liar

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 12th, 2021, 8:16 pm

Went from 0 to 60....just like that.

A172

Postby A172 » May 12th, 2021, 8:23 pm

down to critical illness Daran frauding about yes

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » May 12th, 2021, 8:39 pm

I checked through DPD's post history, cause lockdown is boring and Netflix na cutting it.

He seems like a bright fella who tends to make a lot of claims, some true some not true......but generally I believe him.

He had some posts previously talking about him thinking he had covid in Sept last year......at least he consistent, even if it's a lie

Did 2nr detectives ever verify this DPD claim?

On another note there was a poster Effective Designs who no longer posts, but also made lots of outlandish claims. One wonders if him and DPD are the same person.

I do find Effective Designs sounds more similar to Superiorman and Widdyfuck in the topics they're interested in. Superiorman copies Max Power's style of posting but I do not think they are the same person.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 12th, 2021, 8:51 pm

I am not claiming that he is lying. He very well may have had covid.

What I am saying is he cannot say for a fact that he had covid at the time he experienced those symptoms without a positive covid test. Other than that he was just "ill". Could have been anything. A test would have confirmed or denied his suspicions.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”