Forums

Houseplan cost

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jsr
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Houseplan cost

Postby jsr » April 27th, 2021, 6:25 pm

Hi how much an approved houseplan can cost to be done. Is a 2 storey houseplan more costly as well. Some figures would be useful Thanks

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Houseplan cost

Postby Dohplaydat » April 27th, 2021, 6:56 pm

jsr wrote:Hi how much an approved houseplan can cost to be done. Is a 2 storey houseplan more costly as well. Some figures would be useful Thanks

Last time i did this was 6 years ago and it was 25k for something similar.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » April 28th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Depends on size, complexity of design, concrete, steel or wooden structure and monitoring fees.....I paid 60k for one in 2019.
jsr wrote:Hi how much an approved houseplan can cost to be done. Is a 2 storey houseplan more costly as well. Some figures would be useful Thanks

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » April 28th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Widdy....
So much for plans

*inhales deeply

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 28th, 2021, 12:49 pm

Those are architects or draftsmen?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 28th, 2021, 12:51 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Widdy....
So much for plans

*inhales deeply
You call my name..

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » April 28th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Mine was an architect, and that included monitoring.... Generally, a draftsman price for a basic concrete structure ranges between 5k to 12k and add 5k to that price if its steel structure for the engineers stamp
VexXx Dogg wrote:Those are architects or draftsmen?

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » April 28th, 2021, 1:59 pm

rebound wrote:Mine was an architect, and that included monitoring.... Generally, a draftsman price for a basic concrete structure ranges between 5k to 12k and add 5k to that price if its steel structure for the engineers stamp
VexXx Dogg wrote:Those are architects or draftsmen?

This is correct. Anytime someone quotes more than $17K, tell them thanks and begone. i.e. $12k for the drawing plans (cant remember the average cost per sq ft) and around $5k for the Isometric Plumbing designs (which alot of people dont include in their overall price).

A couple points of advice:

1. Some "smartmen" would try and tell you that they have drawings and designs similar which was approved previously already that you can use. For anything over $7-$9k, I will not pay for a reused design. A house plan is supposed to bring your dream home to a reality.

2. Some draughtsman would even tell you that they'd provide an added benefit of a 3D Drawing/Virtual walkthrough as part of the package. While nice, you really dont need it.

3. Ensure that as part of the cost, unlimited revisions due to non-granting of outline approvals are included. Trust me. Because if at any point the plan isnt approved by Reg Corp, it is in no way your fault. (see point 4). You do not want to end up having to pay another draughtsman to fix another's mistakes etc.

4. A skilled draughtsman or architect will know what the respective regional corporation will look for to gain outline approval. While the typical "bobbol" can take place, outline approvals are standard. Most times Reg Corps look for compliance to standards, justifications for footings, beams, etc and clarity in the drawings.

5. Lastly, it is important to let your draughtsman or architect know your construction budget. This will be good for them to know what to include/exclude in designing the house (fittings, size, etc).

Trust me, I've been going through this process and it has even been more frustrating with COVID. So try and get a reputable draughtsman who is familiar with the process. Ask to see previous work and get recommendations where possible.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » April 28th, 2021, 3:55 pm

wth, I paid about $5000 for my house plan in 2013, 30x40 2 storey house

BIGBOIKC
Riding on 13's

Postby BIGBOIKC » July 4th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Good Day to all.

I am seeking a qualified Draftsman for an upcoming project for a single family home built out of steel.
Feel free to reach out to me to discuss further information about this project.

Call or Whats App: +18687843836

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”