this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: HBO Max in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 21st, 2021, 4:53 pm

Soul Collector wrote:
st7 wrote:but he got HBO just so he could watch one movie.... lol

if he uses a desktop for the app, he can get windscribe for free (2 gb limit)

Yes he did, which is a pretty common occurrence across the many streaming platforms. I believe they refer to this as "churn", where people watch the content they signed up for, then leave - or just leave when the trial period is over.

All it took was a phone call to Digicel and within half hour the HBO package was available. The average person would assume that if HBO Max's biggest draw is the release of Matrix 4 in this instance, then paying for the service would grant you access to that content, otherwise why bother?

Now, hearing he has to sign up for a VPN at an additional cost while not being familiar with those types of programs is an additional nuisance to already not getting what he (thought he) paid for. Just laying it out from his perspective.

As for the Windscribe VPN, doesn't free VPNs suck in terms of bandwidth provided and security? Also, would 2gb be enough to stream an entire movie anyways?

The VPN issue isn't a Digicel or local provider problem - it's a licensing issue with HBOmax and the film distributors

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 21st, 2021, 4:57 pm

Wait who using HBO Max to watch Matrix Resurrections? :lol:

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 21st, 2021, 4:59 pm

that go be me

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 21st, 2021, 5:12 pm

same here but I don't have cable so I signed up on HBOMax app
it has a ton of content on it so might keep it for a while

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 21st, 2021, 5:35 pm

the pricing not bad at the moment for the amount of content either.

it's my most watched service for the last few months

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » December 21st, 2021, 5:43 pm

st7 wrote:the pricing not bad at the moment for the amount of content either.

it's my most watched service for the last few months

yup. same.
i realise since last yr...if your internet connection isnt 100, hbo max is the first app start sticking. but other than that, its my favourite.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 21st, 2021, 6:04 pm

So to access that app on the TV you have to log in via your computer every single time and input the code on the TV....what the actual fk is that about?

Also I just tried logging in again and it's saying there's too many devices linked on the account or some nonsense. So I can't access anything now actually. What sheit is this? So much drama for one streaming service?

Is this anything to do with it seemingly being a shared account? Because it's some other account name/pic came up this time.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 21st, 2021, 6:12 pm

Allya use HBO Max to watch Matrix I go use something else. :D :P

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 21st, 2021, 6:37 pm

Soul Collector wrote:So to access that app on the TV you have to log in via your computer every single time and input the code on the TV....what the actual fk is that about?

Also I just tried logging in again and it's saying there's too many devices linked on the account or some nonsense. So I can't access anything now actually. What sheit is this? So much drama for one streaming service?

Is this anything to do with it seemingly being a shared account? Because it's some other account name/pic came up this time.

you're doing something wrong. you can have up to three simultaneous streaming sessions.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 21st, 2021, 6:39 pm

I hope WB decides to put all their movies in 2022 on HBO Max as well. WB don't have anywhere near good enough movie franchises to spend money going to the theater to watch. Keep them all on HBO Max and I'll watch.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 21st, 2021, 6:52 pm

DMan7 wrote:I hope WB decides to put all their movies in 2022 on HBO Max as well. WB don't have anywhere near good enough movie franchises to spend money going to the theater to watch. Keep them all on HBO Max and I'll watch.
nah they stopping the simultaneous release this year. they have a contract with AMC theatres for next year

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » December 21st, 2021, 7:01 pm

st7 wrote:
DMan7 wrote:I hope WB decides to put all their movies in 2022 on HBO Max as well. WB don't have anywhere near good enough movie franchises to spend money going to the theater to watch. Keep them all on HBO Max and I'll watch.
nah they stopping the simultaneous release this year. they have a contract with AMC theatres for next year

Sad. I guess torrents for those movies in 2022 then.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 21st, 2021, 7:01 pm

^ Magically started back to work after waiting like 30 mins. All I did was login to the app on his laptop - nothing else. I'll organize a VPN for him for one month so he could take in the movie in peace. Will be dropping the HBO package and not ever getting back that app anyways, so thanks for the help once more.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 21st, 2021, 8:51 pm

Soul Collector wrote:So to access that app on the TV you have to log in via your computer every single time and input the code on the TV....what the actual fk is that about?

Something’s wrong.
You tried contacting Digicel?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 21st, 2021, 9:01 pm

Soul Collector wrote:^ Magically started back to work after waiting like 30 mins. All I did was login to the app on his laptop - nothing else. I'll organize a VPN for him for one month so he could take in the movie in peace. Will be dropping the HBO package and not ever getting back that app anyways, so thanks for the help once more.

I think the issues you are getting are from attempting to use the service by using your cable provider.
Try signing up in the app and paying directly. I’ve had the ad-free subscription tier a while now and had zero login or streaming issues. I’m using it on phone, iPad, tv, Kindle etc.
It’s a rock solid app and great content. I probably get more issues with Netflix than HBOMax.
In fact the one thing I hate using and get most frustrated with, half the time it never works is an Android box with Stremio or Popcorntime etc. woft.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 21st, 2021, 10:11 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Something’s wrong.

Yes, something is wrong. Actually quite a few things which aren't even related to these issues but I eh going all there nuh. Brother tried logging in a while ago to check out the app - same thing, too many devices on the account and can't view a thing.

Once I have Flow reinstalled, the next and final time I will be calling Digicel will be to come pick their sheit up and terminate the service.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I think the issues you are getting are from attempting to use the service by using your cable provider.

You are correct. Anything Digicel related is cancer.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 22nd, 2021, 12:44 am

Soul Collector wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Something’s wrong.

Yes, something is wrong. Actually quite a few things which aren't even related to these issues but I eh going all there nuh. Brother tried logging in a while ago to check out the app - same thing, too many devices on the account and can't view a thing.

Once I have Flow reinstalled, the next and final time I will be calling Digicel will be to come pick their sheit up and terminate the service.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I think the issues you are getting are from attempting to use the service by using your cable provider.

You are correct. Anything Digicel related is cancer.

nah I have Digicel broadband years now and no issues - very reliable and good speed
Just get the HBOMax via their own app and subscription

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 22nd, 2021, 1:15 am

same

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 22nd, 2021, 6:50 am

matrix

6/10... basically rehashed everything. the programs in the real world was pretty cool but fk me what a waste

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 22nd, 2021, 2:13 pm

st7 wrote:matrix

6/10... basically rehashed everything. the programs in the real world was pretty cool but fk me what a waste

not seeing it on my phone even with winsubscribe on. will check later on my apple tv which has expressvpn setup.

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » December 22nd, 2021, 2:27 pm

Can I get an HBO max subscription without having a cable package? What will be the monthly fee?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 22nd, 2021, 2:39 pm

I am seeing it here on HBOMax - using smartdnsproxy

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 22nd, 2021, 2:44 pm

Nexus wrote:Can I get an HBO max subscription without having a cable package? What will be the monthly fee?
yep.

at the moment there's a special for 23.5$ a month for the first year

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 22nd, 2021, 2:50 pm

Nexus wrote:Can I get an HBO max subscription without having a cable package? What will be the monthly fee?

YES! I don't have cable either
Just either go to hbomax.com or install the HBOMax app on your phone, tablet or TV and register with an account.
You will see payment options there

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 22nd, 2021, 4:19 pm

So the movie is out to view for free online already in HD. Meanwhile, my bro still can't get access to the HBOmax he paid for, lmao. Calls to Digicel were woft. Said sumn about a reboot of the account and up to now still error messages.

And as for what you said Duane, about just paying for the app directly. US$48 for ONE month....lol eh...

I put it on while having lunch. After the first minute I almost took it off but reached 15 mins in trying to give it a chance, but just couldn't do it anymore :sick:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 22nd, 2021, 4:26 pm

Soul Collector wrote:And as for what you said Duane, about just paying for the app directly. US$48 for ONE month....lol eh...
huh? It's US$14.99 per month

Soul Collector wrote:I put it on while having lunch. After the first minute I almost took it off but reached 15 mins in trying to give it a chance, but just couldn't do it anymore :sick:
What was wrong?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 22nd, 2021, 4:41 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Soul Collector wrote:And as for what you said Duane, about just paying for the app directly. US$48 for ONE month....lol eh...
huh? It's US$14.99 per month
I kept seeing that $14.99 per month everywhere except on HBOmax's site... :?: :? :?:

Soul Collector wrote:I put it on while having lunch. After the first minute I almost took it off but reached 15 mins in trying to give it a chance, but just couldn't do it anymore :sick:
What was wrong?
I just couldn't bear to sit through any more of the show. I'm probably coming off as snobbish but it was painful. Just not my cup of tea.

Am I missing something or...?
Thought I confirmed it was the correct site too when st7 posted the price of the annual plan at US$279 (US$23.25 per month)
Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 22nd, 2021, 5:21 pm

dude...that's TTD not USD....

ie 279TTD/12 months

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » December 22nd, 2021, 5:25 pm

st7 wrote:dude...that's TTD not USD....

ie 279TTD/12 months

Well I thought that at first but it seemed way too cheap. Not like I'll be signing up in any case.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 22nd, 2021, 5:28 pm

ok then...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”