Forums

The official WAZE GPS navigation thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Google MapMaker/OpenStreetMaps/Waze Map Editor | Mapping T&T

Postby SRASC » September 1st, 2020, 3:59 pm

It has its issues still but it’s ok. At least it’s an option now.

death365
Riding on 18's

can i trust trinidad waze traffic info....

Postby death365 » January 22nd, 2021, 12:52 pm

can i trust the data wrt traffic issues; particularly speed traps on waze ?

i dont want the Google answer but specific to users in T&T, if it states a speed trap or checking is there 1? trying avoid de merit points na

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: can i trust trinidad waze traffic info....

Postby MaxPower » January 22nd, 2021, 1:04 pm

Hello death365,

Yes you can.

Drive safe.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 22nd, 2021, 3:29 pm

death365 wrote:can i trust the data wrt traffic issues; particularly speed traps on waze ?

i dont want the Google answer but specific to users in T&T, if it states a speed trap or checking is there 1? trying avoid de merit points na

Waze relies upon the users to notify the app that there is a speed trap . Most of the time drivers notice the police setting up but the only issue with waze is that the notification of the speed trap distance is relatively short but unfortunately it’s just to keep as close to the speed limit basically

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 23rd, 2021, 2:03 pm

death365 wrote:can i trust the data wrt traffic issues; particularly speed traps on waze ?

Best way to avoid the demerit points is to do the right thing. Much easier and less stressful.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 23rd, 2021, 2:08 pm

j.o.e wrote:

Best way to avoid the demerit points is to do the right thing. Much easier and less stressful.

Correct.

Make sure all your documents are in order and comply with all rules and regulations.

Trinis cannot be waiting for Waze to advise “Police reported ahead” or “Red light camera” to THEN slow down.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » January 23rd, 2021, 2:24 pm

j.o.e wrote:

Its called a trap for a reason. Some of the places i have seen police hold numerous individuals are speeding traps where the speed changes from 80 to 50 in a short span. Example heading north from cross crossing bridge. As you come up the incline after the bridge ticket IYMC.
Routine traffic stop with long ass where you working, what position you hold, your weight, i get stopped last week bottom high street, drop your back window, want too see in your trunk. Being treated like a criminal when law abiding. I get real irate i am not answering any questions if i was not stopped for a specific reason . they let me go after seeing registration info.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 25th, 2021, 12:02 am

If you are referring to the San Fernando bypass, that entire road is 50kph from marabella to the roundabout by Mc Donald's. It drops to 40kph when approaching the interchange and the roundabouts along the route.

It does not go from 80 to 50 in that area; it is actually 40 until you reach the sign just after the crest of that incline

Waze users have saved me from a speeding ticket at least once; that was when the speed limit on the highway was still 80kph.
nemisis wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Its called a trap for a reason. Some of the places i have seen police hold numerous individuals are speeding traps where the speed changes from 80 to 50 in a short span. Example heading north from cross crossing bridge. As you come up the incline after the bridge ticket IYMC.
Routine traffic stop with long ass where you working, what position you hold, your weight, i get stopped last week bottom high street, drop your back window, want too see in your trunk. Being treated like a criminal when law abiding. I get real irate i am not answering any questions if i was not stopped for a specific reason . they let me go after seeing registration info.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 4th, 2021, 8:40 pm

Waze now has a PBR pass

https://www.facebook.com/wazetrinidad/posts/3232082746836937

Introducing passes to our T&T map. The following passes have been added:
*Priority Bus Route Pass
*Forest Reserve Road Pass
Please take some time to view the video on how you can take advantage on these features to help you on your daily commute.
NOTE: Do not uses these passes if you do not have one physically! In doing this you will be routed accordingly and there are fines fixed to using these roads like the PBR.

Adam95
Ricer

Re: The official WAZE GPS navigation thread

Postby Adam95 » December 6th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Just incase people still read this thread. I am the country manager for Waze here in T&T managing the editors and keeping the map up to date. Before when the app launched and was available here in T&T, there were no regulated edits. Now with the current system we have in place, things are much more accurate than it was a few years ago.

Please visit our Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/wazetrinidad

Any issues or concerns, feel free to send us a message and we will sort you out!

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 6th, 2022, 3:08 pm

Just incase people still read this thread. I am the country manager for Waze here in T&T managing the editors and keeping the map up to date. Before when the app launched and was available here in T&T, there were no regulated edits. Now with the current system we have in place, things are much more accurate than it was a few years ago.

Any issues or concerns, feel free to send us a message and we will sort you out!

Adam95
Ricer

Re: In Car Navigation

Postby Adam95 » December 6th, 2022, 3:09 pm

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 6th, 2022, 3:11 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 6th, 2022, 3:13 pm

Adam95 wrote:Just incase people still read this thread. I am the country manager for Waze here in T&T managing the editors and keeping the map up to date. Before when the app launched and was available here in T&T, there were no regulated edits. Now with the current system we have in place, things are much more accurate than it was a few years ago.

Thanks!!!

It was great that Waze showed roads that were impassable during the floods. Roads like Caroni Savannah Rd between the highway and cremation site were shown as red dotted lines and not included in navigation routes. This was cool and was kept updated.

VJTEK
3NE 2NR for life

Postby VJTEK » December 6th, 2022, 3:41 pm

Adam95, I just saw this thread today :)

I use Waze daily and do find it to be very accurate with ETA on or about a couple minutes difference.

My only criticism is that my suggested routes to work (From Trincity to Central) on the app often factor in the bus route.

Not sure why this happens, perhaps many Wazers use the bus route illegally.

I just ignore it and it will often just add 3 minutes to the ETA which definitely isn't worth the ticket.

Overall, still prefer this app to others and will continue to use it.

alibaboolal
Ricer

Postby alibaboolal » December 6th, 2022, 4:49 pm

10.404103815332423, -61.40351513201296

This roundabout shows counterclockwise instead of clockwise. Had some close calls by persons not from the area visiting la vega gardens.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 6th, 2022, 6:25 pm

1 question I have:

Sometimes routes that i know exist disappear for no reason. for instance coming in to port-of-spain past the traffic light by the market with my destination as Edward St. i see either turn into Edward St from Wrightson Rd or drive further down Wrightson road and turn into Sackville St- this 2nd option is usually faster, and i can choose it when i select routes. but sometimes it doesn't even show up when selecting routes. why is that?

it's not as if the road is closed because i drove on it a couple of times even though it wasn't an option. it should appear in the list of routes regardless of the estimated time- if the time is more than Edward St it should still show as the second option. even when reaching the point just before i have to turn into Edward St and IM in traffic if i refresh routes still nothing.

Supra GT-FOUR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Supra GT-FOUR » December 6th, 2022, 8:20 pm

Adam95 wrote:Just incase people still read this thread. I am the country manager for Waze here in T&T managing the editors and keeping the map up to date. Before when the app launched and was available here in T&T, there were no regulated edits. Now with the current system we have in place, things are much more accurate than it was a few years ago.

Manzanilla road is impassible/closed due to structural damage from recent floods, yet waze still routes through there.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 7th, 2022, 7:49 am

waaaa, badman ting

Thanks Adam!

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 7th, 2022, 7:50 am

waaaa, badman ting

Thanks Adam!

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 7th, 2022, 7:53 am

waaaa, badman ting

Thanks Adam!

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 7th, 2022, 7:56 am

waaaa, badman ting

Thanks Adam!

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » December 7th, 2022, 11:24 am

I don't always trust Waze's routing since it may send you through some random roads.
For eg: from Piarco to Arima via the highway, it may route you through Andrew Lane rather than through Mausica Rd or Omeara which is what Google Maps may do.

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 7th, 2022, 2:13 pm

Supra GT-FOUR wrote:

Manzanilla road is impassible/closed due to structural damage from recent floods, yet waze still routes through there.

The closure expired. I renewed it so no one will be routed there from now.

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 7th, 2022, 2:14 pm

originalbling wrote:I don't always trust Waze's routing since it may send you through some random roads.
For eg: from Piarco to Arima via the highway, it may route you through Andrew Lane rather than through Mausica Rd or Omeara which is what Google Maps may do.

Whats wrong with Andrew Ln? I passed there a few times to get to Arima and it was fine.

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 7th, 2022, 2:24 pm

VJTEK wrote:Adam95, I just saw this thread today :)

I use Waze daily and do find it to be very accurate with ETA on or about a couple minutes difference.

My only criticism is that my suggested routes to work (From Trincity to Central) on the app often factor in the bus route.

Not sure why this happens, perhaps many Wazers use the bus route illegally.

I just ignore it and it will often just add 3 minutes to the ETA which definitely isn't worth the ticket.

Overall, still prefer this app to others and will continue to use it.

Hey we have implemented a PBR pass. Please check your settings to make sure you do not have this pass activated. (Settings > Toll & HOV Pass). If you don't have this activated and still get the PBR, then I will have to check on this bug. But only people who activate the pass are suppose to be routed on it.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-07 at 2.23.20 PM.jpeg

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 7th, 2022, 2:33 pm

alibaboolal wrote:10.404103815332423, -61.40351513201296

This roundabout shows counterclockwise instead of clockwise. Had some close calls by persons not from the area visiting la vega gardens.

This is a Google Maps issue. Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about this (as do many other places) since GM does not have local support.

I think one of the most dangerous places for someone who doesnt know is if you are coming from the East and want to go Valpark. GM will tell you turn left onto Morequito Ave(Which is blocked off by barriers on the CRH). When ofc you suppose to use the Curepe IC.
Attachments
Waze.JPG
GM.JPG

Adam95
Ricer

Postby Adam95 » December 7th, 2022, 2:41 pm

redmanjp wrote:1 question I have:

Sometimes routes that i know exist disappear for no reason. for instance coming in to port-of-spain past the traffic light by the market with my destination as Edward St. i see either turn into Edward St from Wrightson Rd or drive further down Wrightson road and turn into Sackville St- this 2nd option is usually faster, and i can choose it when i select routes. but sometimes it doesn't even show up when selecting routes. why is that?

it's not as if the road is closed because i drove on it a couple of times even though it wasn't an option. it should appear in the list of routes regardless of the estimated time- if the time is more than Edward St it should still show as the second option. even when reaching the point just before i have to turn into Edward St and IM in traffic if i refresh routes still nothing.

I will have to investigate that. But what I can say is it depends on timing and how far are you from the destination. If you are like lets just say 300m away, I don't think it would even consider another route unless the traffic is seriously outrageous. Also there is a turn restriction in place from 3pm-6pm Mon -Fri to turn unto Sackville or make a uturn. So if you are within those hours, you would not get that route as an option.
Attachments
Turn.JPG

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » December 7th, 2022, 3:00 pm

rarely use waze but it's good to know a man like you moderating maps locally. great job!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 7th, 2022, 3:16 pm

Adam95 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:1 question I have:

I will have to investigate that. But what I can say is it depends on timing and how far are you from the destination. If you are like lets just say 300m away, I don't think it would even consider another route unless the traffic is seriously outrageous. Also there is a turn restriction in place from 3pm-6pm Mon -Fri to turn unto Sackville or make a uturn. So if you are within those hours, you would not get that route as an option.

its morning time i come into POS - the route shows up sometimes with an eta of 1-3 mins difference from Edward St, other times it just doesn't. a couple times i still choose sackville even though it wasnt showing as a route and when it rerouted my eta ended up about 2-3 mins earlier. :roll:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”