Forums

WASA Thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WASA Thread ...

Postby bluefete » June 21st, 2021, 6:28 pm

There is no doubt that WASA has gotten worse under Marvin Gonzales and Dr. Lennox Sealy.

I used to get a relatively consistent supply of water.

Now, for the past 2 months, EVERY LIVING DAY, water goes at 5:00 p.m. and if yuh lucky, it might return at 7:00 a.m. the next day.

If yuh lucky.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 21st, 2021, 6:34 pm

bluefete wrote:There is no doubt that WASA has gotten worse under Marvin Gonzales and Dr. Lennox Sealy.

I used to get a relatively consistent supply of water.

Now, for the past 2 months, EVERY LIVING DAY, water goes at 5:00 p.m. and if yuh lucky, it might return at 7:00 a.m. the next day.

If yuh lucky.
You are the lucky one. I get water for 36 hours per week.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 21st, 2021, 6:45 pm

But why do you accept that?

36 hours is about 5 hours per day. MADNESS.

But then no one complains.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » June 21st, 2021, 6:46 pm

You keep Voting PNM and expecting different results?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » June 21st, 2021, 6:57 pm

bluefete wrote:But why do you accept that?

5 hours per day would mean your tanks always full. But that is not how it works by me. We get on two days ( sometimes.) for a few hours alone so sometimes the tank doesn’t last to the next scheduled day . Sometimes we are without water for weeks.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 22nd, 2021, 8:54 am

De Dragon wrote:The optics of starting in three UNC constituencies without providing data to support it is tone deaf, and opens the door for racial/political accusations though.

it was a distraction from the minister of nat sec being told to shut up on the web meeting by the white woman and the blunders of covid. USA blank dem for free vaccine and jusso CAL fire 450 people, another distraction.... moving forward expect talk about increase in gas, flour, TTEC, distractions with some big boy in unc arrested, police road block everywhere or some other kind of usual distractions to cover up the covid blunder and embarrassment.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 22nd, 2021, 8:55 am

sam1978 wrote:

5 hours per day would mean your tanks always full. But that is not how it works by me. We get on two days ( sometimes.) for a few hours alone so sometimes the tank doesn’t last to the next scheduled day . Sometimes we are without water for weeks.

water scheduling going on about 2 years now even with all the rain and flood we having.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 22nd, 2021, 8:59 am

daring dragoon wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

water scheduling going on about 2 years now even with all the rain and flood we having.
When I said 36 hours, I meant from Thursday 6am to Friday 6pm.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » June 22nd, 2021, 9:43 am

wing wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Ok, so it's the same sheit. When wednesday reach and the tanks empty , is pain and suffering. Imagine you paying for a service and have no recourse for bad or no service.

Yeah Bluefete , no one complains ? You know everybody in Trinidad does pong WASA , is like no one cares.
I read an article in a newspaper where it says WASA is going to improve by next year and there would be water for all. 100%. The only problem is that it was a 1960 newspaper.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 22nd, 2021, 11:13 am

sam1978 wrote:
wing wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Ok, so it's the same sheit. When wednesday reach and the tanks empty , is pain and suffering. Imagine you paying for a service and have no recourse for bad or no service.

Yeah Bluefete , no one complains ? You know everybody in Trinidad does pong WASA , is like no one cares.
I read an article in a newspaper where it says WASA is going to improve by next year and there would be water for all. 100%. The only problem is that it was a 1960 newspaper.

Lemme tell yuh something.

If I don't get any water for more than 2 days, is level phone calls to WASA to find out why.

If I get no answer from downstairs, I go to the Board of Directors. If no answer from them I go to the Minister.

Then to the RIC. Then to the press. Somewhere in there I must get back my water.

But the majority of Trinbagonians, according to Max, too damn lazy to take a firm position on anything.

Rowlee and Kamla love it so because they could do sheit upon sheit and no one will complain enough for them to change.

Here, read this from today's Newsday: (I did NOT write it, eh).

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Sealy must quit WASA

THE EDITOR: I advise the executive chairman of the Water and Sewage Authority (WASA), Dr Lennox Sealy, to do the honourable and noble gesture of resigning with immediate effect.

The members of the WASA board also have a fiduciary responsibility to do the decent thing and resign their positions for participating in implementing the ill-timed and badly conceived “collection drive” during a pandemic that has economically straddled all sectors of the national economy.

The collection drive had the ingredients of initiating super-spreader events at WASA’s regional offices throughout the country to stymie the national effort to control the spread of the covid19 virus.

While citizens continue to experience economic hardships emanating from the closure of major sectors of the economy, Sealy found that the time was right for WASA to collect the arrears owed by citizens.

It was also extremely humiliating for the goodly chairman to dispatch correspondence to the president of the Public Services Association (PSA) apologising for requesting an explanation for his absence from WASA.

The managerial blunders made by this famed management guru since assuming the lofty managerial position at WASA is mind-boggling. Sealy must by now realise that management consultancy and hands-on management of an organisation are differentiated similarly to amateur and professional boxing.

While some managers in the public sector have had their services terminated by exuberant and power-hungry boards for minor infractions to display their political might and power, Sealy is allowed to perpetuate these management blunders.

The national community must be informed about the political infrastructure that insulates Sealy from the conduct of an urgent performance appraisal before WASA delves deeper into the abyss.

WINSTON BRATHWAITE

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 22nd, 2021, 11:43 am

So why T&TEC and Flow disconnect its customers after 2 consecutive unpaid bills and don’t apologize. WASA rates are dog cheap and people take advantage of not paying. So how do you expect to operate a “ business” and no income/ reduced income is generated. Something has to be done

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 22nd, 2021, 12:00 pm

hover11 wrote:So why T&TEC and Flow disconnect its customers after 2 consecutive unpaid bills and don’t apologize. WASA rates are dog cheap and people take advantage of not paying. So how do you expect to operate a “ business” and no income/ reduced income is generated. Something has to be done

Simple answer: WASA is PNM party group #2 or UNC party group #1 depending on who is in power.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 22nd, 2021, 12:09 pm

bluefete wrote:
hover11 wrote:So why T&TEC and Flow disconnect its customers after 2 consecutive unpaid bills and don’t apologize. WASA rates are dog cheap and people take advantage of not paying. So how do you expect to operate a “ business” and no income/ reduced income is generated. Something has to be done

Simple answer: WASA is PNM party group #2 or UNC party group #1 depending on who is in power.
Agreed with this logic then nobody should pay their WASA bill then, what I paying it for and others getting it for free

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 22nd, 2021, 12:33 pm

^^ LOLZ.. Only diehard UNC and PNM supporters are allowed free water.

Yuh hadda be living in Beetham (PNM) or Siparia (UNC) to get that favour.

You ever think you will live to see the day that a WASA crew goes to the Beetham to cut off somebody's water?

The Minister of Verbal Diarrhea will be on their case in less than a second.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 22nd, 2021, 12:36 pm

hover11 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

Agreed with this logic then nobody should pay their WASA bill then, what I paying it for and others getting it for free

Right and wrong action is not determined by popularity.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 22nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

Wraith King wrote:
hover11 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

I agree but it does not work like that in T&T.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 22nd, 2021, 12:59 pm

bluefete wrote:
Wraith King wrote:
hover11 wrote:
bluefete wrote:

I agree but it does not work like that in T&T.

You're wrong about that. Morality isn't determined by individuals so it doesn't matter what persons think. Right action will always be right regardless of what persons think or say and similarly wrong action will always be wrong action regardless of what persons think or say. Morality and karma do not make exemptions for ignorance.

Sissy
Street 2NR

Postby Sissy » June 22nd, 2021, 1:33 pm

Schizophrenia is strong in this one.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 22nd, 2021, 1:51 pm

Pay your bills or get cut,simple. Time to progress and be disciplined as a country.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 30th, 2021, 12:01 pm

FB_IMG_1625068484081.jpeg

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » June 30th, 2021, 8:28 pm

WASA and TTEC dare not cut a single person if they cant pay. They just grand charging.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 25th, 2021, 10:31 am

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

express wrote: ‘I wasasked to change my findings’
WASA manager clears employee of wrongdoing after report by minister...

Andy Johnson 11 hrs ago

THE manager at the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) who cleared an employee of any wrongdoing following a complaint against him has signed an affidavit saying he was repeatedly called upon to change his findings in the matter.

He also said he was denied several requests to interview the Min­ister of Public Utilities for a “witness statement in the matter”.

The matter being referred to is a complaint against WASA worker Cecil Matthews, who was allegedly seen allowing someone else to drive a company vehicle issued to him while on a job in Chaguaramas on January 30.

During a discussion on July 12, the manager, Lancelot Lezama, told the Sunday Express he was ­informed by those calling on him to change his conclusion in the matter, and to get the employee to admit wrongdoing, that it was Public Utili­ties Minister Marvin Gonzales who made the initial report.

Lezama said he had no indepen­dent confirmation of the details in this matter, and had to rely on the word of those with whom he spoke.

And none of the people with whom he spoke corroborated the story which alleged the employee had committed any offence.

He said he advised those who were seeking to have him change his report that “what they were doing was wrong, and in my view, they ought to be careful in their next steps”.

This is the matter which, upon investigation by this newspaper, led to the resignation on July 7 of then-WASA executive director Dr Lennox Sealy.

In a media statement on July 8, however, Minister Gonzales said Sealy resigned following discussions between them both, in which he expressed dissatisfaction with Sealy’s leadership regarding the pace of the nascent WASA transformation and the aborted water disconnection drive last month.

This meeting and those discussions took place on July 8, a full day after the minister said Sealy had tendered his resignation.

In the news release he issued on July 8, Gonzales made no mention of the purported conversation with Sealy on the evening of July 6, from which Sealy said the minister ordered him not to go ahead with an interview with this newspaper.

Later that same evening, Sealy left a voice message with this reporter, saying the matter had “gone legal already” and he was advised that no article should be published with his (Sealy’s) input.

None of this featured either in the minister’s media statement or in his interactions with reporters in the immediate aftermath of the Sealy resignation.

It is as though these discussions never took place.

In an interview with Express reporter Michelle Loubon and which appeared on July 10, Gonzales said he saw reference to “ministerial interference” in the previous day’s report on the matter, “and not even the article produced any evidence of ministerial ­interference”.

He said this was “very unfortunate”.

Through one of his advisers, Gonzales has rejected a request for a response to these latest developments.

He said it was “unfortunate” that in two articles by this reporter, there was no attempt to reach him.

It was explained that one was a news story in which no one was named, therefore, there was no need to contact him.

The second was a column, which was an opinion based on indepen­dent interpretations of what he had said and did not say, and there was no obligation to hear from him on that either.

The minister’s adviser responded by saying these comments were “noted”.

Witness statement

Lezama is the manager, Finance-­Corporate Services Division, at WASA. He has a known track record in conducting internal investigations at the authority.

In the affidavit dated July 12, co-signed by Commissioner of Affidavits Neela Rampaul-Seecharan, he said he conducted an investigation in early March after having been assigned these duties by manager, Industrial Relations, Kawal Chun.

He interviewed five people, including the worker, Cecil Matthews, a plant operator II at the authority.

After submitting his report on March 3, he said two senior managers called him into a meeting on March 5.

At that meeting, he said he was instructed to “go back to the employ­ee and urge him to tell the truth”.

He said one of the managers pointed out that she had instructions from the executive director to suspend Matthews, despite what his report contained.

“She said I should tell him that a ‘high official’ outside of the autho­rity saw him and if he co-operated, that the authority would be lenient on him,” he said.

At that meeting, also, he said this manager advised he should not pursue getting a witness statement from the Minister of Public Utilities.

“This was after I urged her to contact the executive director—Dr Sealy—in order to arrange for the minister to give testimony in the matter. Without independent testi­mony I cannot find Mr Matthews culpable, especially since the only two pieces of direct witness statements I obtained so far were from the accused himself and Mr Springer, both of whom testified that no one else drove the vehicle other than Mr Matthews on that day.”

Stanley Springer is a part-time caretaker at the authority’s water treatment plant on Macqueripe Road, Chaguaramas.

He had gone with Matthews to conduct a check on the facilities on the day in question.

Forceful objections

Lezama said in the affidavit he urged the manager to contact the executive director “in order for the minister to give testimony in the matter”, and “advised them jointly that what they were doing was wrong in my view and that they ought to be careful in their next steps”.

He said he was also approached on two subsequent occasions, on May 20 and May 21, with similar demands, which he stoutly resisted.

He said on May 20, for example, after returning to work from vacation, he was called on the phone by the other manager who requested that he change the conclusion and recommendation in his report.

“I resisted and told him that what he was asking me to do was ultra vires the procedure, unethical and basically unlawful, and that I would not accede to his request,” he said.

“I advised him that whoever was making that request ought to put it in an e-mail to me, to respond accordingly. Afterwards, I forcefully repeated my objection to his request, at which point he ended the telephone call.

“I read from my copy of the investigative report and effectively summarised how I came to my assessment of the findings and subsequent conclusion,” Lezama said in the affidavit.

“I explained that, effectively, there was no indepen­dent witness in the matter and that du­ring the course of the investigation, I had literally begged Ms (name called) to contact him (Dr Sealy) in order that he can arrange for the minister to give me a statement in the matter.”

Asked by the Sunday Express why would he have wanted to interview Minister Gonzales on this matter, Lezama said it was because he was told by one of his seniors that it was this minister who made the complaint against Matthews.

He had indeed been interdicted and placed on half-pay on March 15, one week after he had been cleared of any wrongdoing, based on a memo from Lezama dated March 8.

He was “exonerated” in early June, having been made to sign a document saying he would not pursue any claims against the authority in the matter.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 25th, 2021, 12:57 pm

^^ That story in the Express if full of obfuscations.

So the Minister just happened to be in Chaguaramas to see this WASA employee (or his outside woman) driving a WASA vehicle without authorisation.

But the Minister who allegedly saw it could not be contacted to give a statement but an employee must be suspended on his lack of evidence.

Okay, then, What # PNM party group is WASA again?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 28th, 2021, 11:28 am

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/d ... ium=social

Desalcott shuts down again: Water woes across south/central

The Water and Sewerage Authority (the Authority) advises customers in parts of Central and South West Trinidad, who are presently experiencing low water pressures or no water, that this is a result of emergency maintenance works presently ongoing at the Point Lisas Desalination Plant.

The Desalination Company of Trinidad and Tobago – DESALCOTT owned and operated Plant, normally supplies WASA with 40 million gallons of water per day (mgd). DESALCOTT has indicated that they are in the process of assessing and carrying out the required maintenance works, however a completion time is not presently available.

The Authority is in constant communication with the company and will provide a further update on when the Plant will return to service, as soon as this information becomes available.

Areas affected include: Central Caroni, Warrenville, Cunupia, Chaguanas, Caparo, Chase village, Couva, Pt Lisas, California, Claxton Bay, Plaisance Park, Pointe a Pierre, City of San Fernando, Vistabella, Marabella, Gasparillo South West Union Hall, Pleasantville, Palmiste, Phillipine, Duncan Village, Esperance, Gulf View, Bel Air, La Romain, South Oropouche, Otaheite, Rousillac, Aripero, parts of La Brea, Avocat, Fyzabad, parts of Siparia including De Gannes Village and Quarry Village, San Francique, Debe, Syne Village, Lowkie Trace, Sunrees Road, Mora Dam Road.

Customers are asked to manage their water use efficiently, as it may take up to 48 hours for the supply to normalize to some affected areas, after the Plant returns to full operation.

For further information or assistance, customers are encouraged to contact WASA’s Customer Call Centre toll free at 800-4420/26. A limited truck-borne water service will be available with priority given to special homes, health care and government institutions. The Authority apologizes for the inconvenience caused as a result of this situation at the Desalination Plant.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 28th, 2021, 2:32 pm

it have talk that the desal shut down is really a non payment by wasa, and maintenance is the spin.... any body kno any body there who know?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 28th, 2021, 2:45 pm

sMASH wrote:it have talk that the desal shut down is really a non payment by wasa, and maintenance is the spin.... any body kno any body there who know?

I worked there in 2004. The people I would have been close with all gone as well.
There was a time I would get all the scoops and that was before whatsapp and thing.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 28th, 2021, 9:38 pm

usually when desal is down, my area gets partial water, like it rations. but is continuous no water.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 21st, 2021, 3:12 pm

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 21st, 2021, 7:17 pm

i dunno why kamla damage d ppl dem pipe ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 21st, 2021, 7:29 pm

one of these days the huge 30” mains running on the train line along endeavor stretch from behind pricesmart chaguanas will have similar probs as all metal pipes have wear n tear

want to know what the houses built on the train line directly over the mains will do

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”