this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WASA Thread ...

Postby Rovin » December 9th, 2021, 12:17 pm

desalcot mc ...

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/w ... hAq5M7Uv_U

The Water and Sewerage Authority (the Authority) advises customers in parts of Central and South West Trinidad, who are presently experiencing low water pressures or in some cases no water that this is as a result of repair work being done at the Point Lisas Desalination Plant.

The Desalination Company of Trinidad and Tobago – DESALCOTT owned and operated facility, which normally supplies WASA with 40 million gallons of water per day (mgd), has indicated that while repairs are taking place production has been reduced to 25 mgd. These works are scheduled to be completed on, Friday 10th December 2021.

team 394
Street 2NR

Postby team 394 » December 10th, 2021, 5:44 am

Didn't they do maintenance recently. Maybe it is all a sham.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 5th, 2022, 4:47 pm

eh?

A structural transformation is in its final stages for the Water and Sewage Authority

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 6th, 2022, 8:58 am

Saw some markings in the road by me where pipes are run, the markings where it looks like they took a jackhammer and etched out the design. Guess holes that turn in ditches to be expected soon. And there's also leak leaking maybe 1 month now that has now started to move the asphalt layer so that's another potential hole for the future.

I would have to switch up my commute route soon b/c WASA fixes no holes once they finish their repair work.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 26th, 2022, 7:02 pm

i now seeing on tv6 wasa workers getting orn wassy over sick leave pay issues .... :|

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 26th, 2022, 7:41 pm

Rovin wrote:i now seeing on tv6 wasa workers getting orn wassy over sick leave pay issues .... :|
Fire dey MC they all vote red government so let dem take bull.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » January 27th, 2022, 12:54 pm

Sick leave pay ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2022, 4:39 pm

entitlement even if you dont get sick lol

Cantmis wrote:Sick leave pay ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2022, 4:50 pm

Typical union creep in a state enterprise.

Successive govts concede more and more to keep political peace, until the workers get paid for doing less.

-Bloated HR roll
-Asinine compensation and benefits that strangling company.
- Poor performance against international peers
Crappy service.

State enterprises for the win.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 27th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Redman wrote:Typical union creep in a state enterprise.

Successive govts concede more and more to keep political peace, until the workers get paid for doing less.

-Bloated HR roll
Crappy service.

Redman,

WASA has been a political tool since inception with over 3000 workers overstaffed within the organization. Yet even after such proclamation was made, no cuts were made to aggravate the fan base and maintain the status quo

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 27th, 2022, 11:42 pm

The following 2+ year old data may need to be fact checked:

WASA spends $1.1b on salaries alone in a year. That equates to $91.475M a month spread across 5150 workers. In other words, the average salary is $17,762.14 per month.

In 10 years, wasa received $10b in subventions from the treasury.

Wasa is over staffed by 2000 employees and their OT payout is $126M. So that $17k a month figure above does not include OT.

Total expenditure back in 2018 was $2.88b yet revenue over the same period was $709M.

Lastly, their debt position at the time was $5.37b

No wasa employee has any right to protest because they are part of an inefficient model that promotes corruption and nepotism. What value do they provide to the people of this country?

These entities are bleeding our treasury at a phenomenal rate. No patch can fix this. We need surgical intervention here! They should thank God that they have a job because right now it have families going to bed tonight with hungry bellies.

Imagine the countless neighbors who know what going on next door and they cook a little extra food for the family to eat and for the children to get something sustainable so that they can perform at school. How many fathers and mothers eating one small quarter of roti and butter for dinner or nothing at all so that the kids could eat a little better?

Some of us have no idea what kind of suffering people going through yet we always want more and more. If the country or organization cannot even afford to operate let alone pay salaries, you will come in these times to ask for more this and that and better this and that?

Whatever happened to taking one for the team all in the name of patriotism? Aren’t we all in this together?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 28th, 2022, 7:02 am

hover11 wrote:

-Bloated HR roll
Crappy service.

Redman,

WASA has been a political tool since inception with over 3000 workers overstaffed within the organization. Yet even after such proclamation was made, no cuts were made to aggravate the fan base and maintain the status quo

Like CEPEP, I think we get 25 cents on the dollar in value for every $1 WASA cost us.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 28th, 2022, 7:09 am

Redman wrote:
hover11 wrote:

-Bloated HR roll
Crappy service.

Redman,

Like CEPEP, I think we get 25 cents on the dollar in value for every $1 WASA cost us.
Question is, how long can this continue ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 28th, 2022, 7:17 am

Well Petrotrin ended.

Are we willing to support decisions that are bitter medicine?

Or we prefer to defer the necessary until arrive at a point where we are forced to act?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 28th, 2022, 8:10 am

agent007 wrote:The following 2+ year old data may need to be fact checked:

WASA spends $1.1b on salaries alone in a year. That equates to $91.475M a month spread across 5150 workers. In other words, the average salary is $17,762.14 per month.

In 10 years, wasa received $10b in subventions from the treasury.

Wasa is over staffed by 2000 employees and their OT payout is $126M. So that $17k a month figure above does not include OT.

Total expenditure back in 2018 was $2.88b yet revenue over the same period was $709M.

Lastly, their debt position at the time was $5.37b

No wasa employee has any right to protest because they are part of an inefficient model that promotes corruption and nepotism. What value do they provide to the people of this country?

These entities are bleeding our treasury at a phenomenal rate. No patch can fix this. We need surgical intervention here! They should thank God that they have a job because right now it have families going to bed tonight with hungry bellies.

Imagine the countless neighbors who know what going on next door and they cook a little extra food for the family to eat and for the children to get something sustainable so that they can perform at school. How many fathers and mothers eating one small quarter of roti and butter for dinner or nothing at all so that the kids could eat a little better?

Some of us have no idea what kind of suffering people going through yet we always want more and more. If the country or organization cannot even afford to operate let alone pay salaries, you will come in these times to ask for more this and that and better this and that?

Whatever happened to taking one for the team all in the name of patriotism? Aren’t we all in this together?
Are you really going to demonize the average wasa worker by using a simple average to insinuate he works for 17k a month? I agree that wasa needs to go the way of petrotrin but to paint everyone with a broad brush is quite disappointing especially from you.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 28th, 2022, 10:15 am

But it is the average WASA worker who has benefitted from the Unionsand Party in Power making their deals in exchange for not striking...

So lets take we money whether we show up, get a sick leave bonus when we wasnt sick....and then blame management.

It was the average Petrotrin worker that spent years milking the cow- They famous for 2 sets of keys and 2 pairs of glasses.
It was the average businessman that paid for play to the extent that Petrotrin had 4X the spare parts compared to International average, with 75% more than 10 years old.It was average employees that ran Stores.
Its average employees that spent years getting over paid-alongside management.

Its the average WASA employee that taking bribe -I got a PRICE list from an Engineer for his consultation fees on Wells.
Its average WASA employees that were working for contractors doing work for WASA, after clocking in and 'doing road work' somewhere.

The average worker has a big part to play in the problems.
Last edited by Redman on January 28th, 2022, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 28th, 2022, 10:21 am

Wing, I accept what you mentioned. You are right but it gives me no pleasure at all. The entire public service sector got painted with a brush and we sat idly by and allowed it to slide. But facts do hurt and usually peter pays for Paul. Next time that sweet Mazda of yours hit a pot hole, always remember, it's because Paul always pays for all.

Statistics are there to paint a picture not to single anyone or entity out. You don't think I have relatives or friends working wasa? Of course I do, 1 each.

T&T is one of the most dangerous countries to live in the world right now and one of the most corrupt. Do you or should I take offense to that? It is an alarming image that ought to be fixed. But I'll stop there...there's nothing more I can blabber on my phone keypad that could take back what I typed nor lessen the impact and I'm certainly not going to edit it. The truth hurts, we all need to take one for the team because I'm not corrupt nor am I into a life of crime but my nationality tells me that there is a high probability that I am.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 28th, 2022, 10:37 am

The question is not about going the way of Petrotrin with WASA. That's a given! The question is....would I get a 24/7 supply of water after all that fancy thing take place?????

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 28th, 2022, 10:44 am

Firstly we need to understand why do they lock off water? Is it that the pumps cannot deal with multiple communities at a time? Is it to save water from the dam?

Its rather weird to see communities being denied water especially when said communities are close to say Hollis Reservoir.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 28th, 2022, 4:00 pm

Jah bless tuff tanks and goulds yes

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 5th, 2022, 7:54 pm

ABOUT TIME....

WASA TO BE RESTRUCTURED, WASA IS BANKRUPT SAYS PM ROWLEY:
Liz Williams

PM ROWLEY HAS instructed the Public Utilities Minister Marvin Gonzales to write unions on the restructuring of WASA. Mr. Gonzales is also instructed to meet with the unions, provide a document indicating the restructuring of Wasa, and hear their views.
Liz Williams.

PM ROWLEY also stated, Mr. Gonzales is to present to cabinet in six (6) weeks, a report on his findings.
Liz Williams.
FB_IMG_1644105243701.jpg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 5th, 2022, 8:04 pm

who bankrupt it though ? d ordinary workers, d managers or govt who doe decades managed d whole thing

i remember jes a few yrs ago speaking to 1 of d ground level foreman who said sometimes they dont even have pipe glue to do dey wuk & does feel sorry for ppl & dip into their own pockets to buy glue trying to do job so ppl cud get water ....

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 5th, 2022, 8:06 pm

Rovin wrote:who bankrupt it though ? d ordinary workers, d managers or govt who doe decades managed d whole thing

i remember jes a few yrs ago speaking to 1 of d ground level foreman who said sometimes they dont even have pipe glue to do dey wuk & does feel sorry for ppl & dip into their own pockets to buy glue trying to do job so ppl cud get water ....
They overstaffed by 3000 people this has been a long time coming, imagine ppl paying their wasa bill and can't get a decent supply of water. That could never be right

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 5th, 2022, 8:44 pm

6weeks nice nice

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 5th, 2022, 8:48 pm

Rowley don't need to worry about the unions. They would just hold candlelight vigil and pray.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 5th, 2022, 9:14 pm

Rovin wrote:who bankrupt it though ? d ordinary workers, d managers or govt who doe decades managed d whole thing

Excellent points.

Governments over the years (PNM, UNC, NAR, PP) have played WASA like a fiddle.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 5th, 2022, 11:19 pm

It might get restructured and some workers would get retrenchment packages worth hundreds of thousands into the millions depending on years employed there and how much again till retirement.

I'm sure some workers can't wait to get they million dollar payout so that they can pay off their Sportage GDi's and Ceratos and then proceed to build some apartments for illegals to rent. So in other words dem fix 4 life while this cost tax payers more billions.

But it had to end somehow, collateral damage I suppose.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 6th, 2022, 6:16 am

I think Manning had brought the figures down to about 3,000 - 4,000 and Tantie Kams and dem went and put it back to 5,000.

But after all that, WASA i still inefficient.

I blame the GOVERNMENTS!!!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 6th, 2022, 10:03 am

bluefete wrote:I think Manning had brought the figures down to about 3,000 - 4,000 and Tantie Kams and dem went and put it back to 5,000.

Yup they cleaned out the injuns that did the work.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 6th, 2022, 3:43 pm

zoom rader wrote:
bluefete wrote:I think Manning had brought the figures down to about 3,000 - 4,000 and Tantie Kams and dem went and put it back to 5,000.

Yup they cleaned out the injuns that did the work.

So who tanty Kamla hire when the PP ran it back up to over 5000+

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”