this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Re: WASA Thread ...

Postby Kickstart » July 1st, 2022, 8:19 pm

adnj wrote:Retrenchment rumours lead WASA workers to protest

Thu Jun 30 2022

WASA workers protest outside the company’s head office in St Joseph yesterday.

WASA workers took to the streets outside the company’s head office in St Joseph yesterday in a preemptive action, as rumours circulated that some 600 workers were going to be sent home. However, while officials maintain there is no truth to the notion, the Public Service Association (PSA) is calling for a meeting to work on solutions to issues plaguing the company.

On Wednesday night, a message began circulating on social media claiming employees could soon be facing the breadline.

“Word is out now the Minister is meeting with WASA management tomorrow as some 600 letters are to be given out on Friday. It would comprise workers both daily and monthly paid employees with 7-12 years service. They will be given 1-month notice with special focus on contract staff and NSDP daily paid,” it said.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/retrenc ... 41e450fffc
Will they still vote PNM?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 1st, 2022, 11:00 pm

Have the letter gone out? It's Friday.
Didn't hear anything on the news.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 2nd, 2022, 5:26 am

Kickstart wrote:

Thu Jun 30 2022

WASA workers took to the streets outside the company’s head office in St Joseph yesterday in a preemptive action, as rumours circulated that some 600 workers were going to be sent home. However, while officials maintain there is no truth to the notion, the Public Service Association (PSA) is calling for a meeting to work on solutions to issues plaguing the company.

On Wednesday night, a message began circulating on social media claiming employees could soon be facing the breadline.

“Word is out now the Minister is meeting with WASA management tomorrow as some 600 letters are to be given out on Friday. It would comprise workers both daily and monthly paid employees with 7-12 years service. They will be given 1-month notice with special focus on contract staff and NSDP daily paid,” it said.

In a heartbeat, their grievance is with WASA, not the LFD RFD PNM :roll:

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 2nd, 2022, 9:23 am

the hose ban was until june 30th .. I gonna use hose now or do I have to wait til they officially make a statement ending the ban?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 2nd, 2022, 9:44 am

Wait it had a ban? Serious question I have been using my hose to wash my car like normal....police passing and seeing like normal.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 2nd, 2022, 10:56 am

yard badly needed cleaning so past mth i took chances powerwashing , behind 6ft walls on a sunday so nobody seeing but obviously can hear , washed for maybe a half hr max ...

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 2nd, 2022, 11:54 am

De Dragon wrote:
Kickstart wrote:

Thu Jun 30 2022

In a heartbeat, their grievance is with WASA, not the LFD RFD PNM :roll:
Wasa management is probably UNC that is sending people home. Oh well pnm can do no wrong

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 2nd, 2022, 12:46 pm

aaron17 wrote:the hose ban was until june 30th .. I gonna use hose now or do I have to wait til they officially make a statement ending the ban?

The date the ban was supposed to end is in the official statement I posted. No reason to wait for a statement. You can message them on their FB page if u want to be sure. But as far as I am concerned it done.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 2nd, 2022, 1:07 pm

This is what hurting your head right now? WASA look like they have time with a hose ban? They ever did? Then car wash and pressure washing should be closed half the year.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 7:06 pm

Rovin wrote:somewhere on fb i saw something about scrap iron men now teefin wasa pipe fittings ...
2a, they thinking ahead then.

Just what day it was I watching the lines and saying they taking long to attack it.

These men would do so well at a job is a shame. All they want to do is theif and they very very efficient, planned and coordinated. If they put that much effort into a job this country would be first world.

But it has the few pests in-between that just come out to distress people because they have a teeny weeny peeny piggy wiggy

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 7:11 pm

Rovin wrote:yard badly needed cleaning so past mth i took chances powerwashing , behind 6ft walls on a sunday so nobody seeing but obviously can hear , washed for maybe a half hr max ...
Some bleach and water 50:50 on the surface makes quick work for the pressure washer afterwards. If is wet moss, mildew etc use raw bleach. You can pass a hard broom on it before pressure washing.

Let the bleach soak a 20 minutes to half hour before operating.

Muriatic acid will eat the worst of the worst biota, use as a last resort. Will not damage bare metal but will remove rust. It reacts with concrete however so be careful.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 9th, 2022, 7:54 pm

No water days now in paramin. Only pnm could do that! You feel the UNC coulda dat!?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 9th, 2022, 8:54 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Rovin wrote:yard badly needed cleaning so past mth i took chances powerwashing , behind 6ft walls on a sunday so nobody seeing but obviously can hear , washed for maybe a half hr max ...
Some bleach and water 50:50 on the surface makes quick work for the pressure washer afterwards. If is wet moss, mildew etc use raw bleach. You can pass a hard broom on it before pressure washing.

Muriatic acid will eat the worst of the worst biota, use as a last resort. Will not damage bare metal but will remove rust. It reacts with concrete however so be careful.

Chlorine powder especially when rain falling....thank me later!

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 10th, 2022, 11:36 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Plan to buy a bucket of chlorine in the morning.Flood left behind lots of yuck.Wasa could come clean my yard if is a problem for me to wash it.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 11th, 2022, 12:24 am

timelapse wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Plan to buy a bucket of chlorine in the morning.Flood left behind lots of yuck.Wasa could come clean my yard if is a problem for me to wash it.

:shock: :shock: :lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 14th, 2022, 5:46 pm

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 14th, 2022, 5:53 pm

That same thing happened when they paved the lady young road close to morvant junction, a few days after wasa dug it up.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 28th, 2022, 3:04 pm

FB_IMG_1659035021979.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 28th, 2022, 4:20 pm

213 WASA managers to go home, staff cuts after in transformation plan

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/213-was ... 8f2cdc901b

It begins

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 28th, 2022, 5:01 pm

hover11 wrote:213 WASA managers to go home, staff cuts after in transformation plan

It begins

Long Overdue. :agrue: :angel: :drinking: :fadein:

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 28th, 2022, 5:22 pm

WE SHALL OVER COME

sing it with me

WE SHALL OVER COME

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » July 28th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Pay your union fees

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 28th, 2022, 5:25 pm

but next elections they give jobs to buy votes whilst the good ppl take vsep
and the company just goes further into debt to finance vsep

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 28th, 2022, 5:35 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:https://www.facebook.com/100010467454372/videos/608271557288784

Was chatting with one of the guy who pave the road......

He was saying a wasa guy was there while they were paving. Told him it done get f**k up. :roll: :roll:

So is not to say wasa dont know, they fully well know and very well coordinated. That entire department need to go home if you ask me. I willing to bet none of them have a proper working car, they are the ones who hog right lane on highway, drive up and down flyover ramps on mornings to cut traffic, park up on road to block traffic and inconvenience people, heck that's what they basically about just inconveniencing people and "making work" for themselves.

IMO they need to scrap this whole inspection thing because you have your vehicle proper, now pass inspection and on your way home all your cradle bushings gone and front bumper break off.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 28th, 2022, 5:49 pm

I'm sure those 213 managers going to get a hefty package for getting the boot all courtesy of the tax payers of course and people think this is a good thing? It would be cheaper to have kept them.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2022, 6:11 pm

hover11 wrote:213 WASA managers to go home, staff cuts after in transformation plan

It begins

i hope in the interim this doh cause us to get less water than we already getting. de manager go say eh heh, dey sending we home, doh turn on d valve- let them suffer.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 28th, 2022, 6:12 pm

redmanjp wrote:

It begins

i hope in the interim this doh cause us to get less water than we already getting. de manager go say eh heh, dey sending we home, doh turn on d valve- let them suffer.
Look at it this way If 50% labour' cut and the supply remains the same why were these people employed to begin with?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2022, 6:14 pm

hover11 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

It begins

Look at it this way If 50% labour' cut and the supply remains the same why were these people employed to begin with?

point taken. but just in case at least we have a rain water tank now.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 28th, 2022, 6:44 pm

What are the salaries of these managers? What are their duties? Why are there so many EXECUTIVE managers in one State agency? When were they hired? The citizenry has suffered so much under the decisions of wasa's management so its very hard to feel sorry for them. Too much feeding frenzies have occurred under wasa tstt ttec and petrotrin where friends and relatives were hired under questionable circumstances and paid very high salaries. If they were unwise and didnt save well, even the longest rope has an end....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 28th, 2022, 7:21 pm

dunno why they talk of wasa as a normal legit running entity
it is 90% jobs for the boys and girls of election friends

it must be nice to get a quick big wuk there and now get to go home with a golden handshake and carry health insurance etc for life.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”