Poll ended at November 4th, 2020, 11:15 am

BIden
41%
Trump
59%

Total votes: 39

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: US Presidential Election 2020 - Joe Biden's Murica!

Postby The_Honourable » January 19th, 2021, 5:24 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:State capitols are increasing security after the FBI warned of possible armed protests ahead of Biden's inauguration

National Guard troops sleeping on the floor of the Capitol building
https://twitter.com/_sjpeace_/status/13 ... 65602?s=24

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 6.24.56 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 6.25.08 PM.jpg

Well the inevitable fight back from the extreme right will be expected, it might be just a matter of time before there's an assassination attempt on Biden or Harris.....And I'd wager the left is reaping what they sow by villifying the right and basically hijacking democracy via the media and big tech.

The big tech black out on trump is astonishing to see and bears resemblance to China-level censorship.

Angela Merkel, Elon Musk, Tulsi Gabbard are all speaking out against it.

It honestly seems like they're antagonizing Trump's supporters intentionally, fueling the divide.

Was discussing this earlier. The right has no interest in "unifying" with the left after what happened in the past four years especially media and big tech being the biggest offenders. MSNBC is expected but CNN literally became the Trump Derangement Network. Conservatives especially are accused of being too soft and it seems they are not taking it anymore. Left see virtually everybody on the right as white supremacists, fascists and they on beast more with cancel culture all over social media. Centrists have no idea what to do as they are being forced to choose a side.

Right now is a cultural war and it is heading towards a civil war. All issues such as immigration, abortion, lgbtq, feminism, free speech, race, big tech, christian worship, globalism, economy, antivax, goverment debt etc all seem to be aligning and coming to ahead. Is either red states and blue states go off by themselves or a civil war to trash things out.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Joe Biden's Murica!

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2021, 8:27 am

Happy Inauguration Day!!

Capture.JPG

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2021, 9:19 am

The issue of gun control is going to really heat things up.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 20th, 2021, 9:21 am

Biden immigration plan opposed by GOP, conservative groups
Republican lawmakers and conservative groups opposed President-elect Joe Biden’s forthcoming immigration plan Tuesday as massive amnesty for people in the U.S. illegally, underscoring that the measure faces an uphill fight in a Congress that Democrats control just narrowly.

In a further complication, several pro-immigration groups said they would press Biden to go even further and take steps such as immediate moratoriums on deportations, detentions and new arrests. Coupled with the discomfort an immigration push could cause for moderate Democrats, liberals’ demands illustrated the pressures facing Biden as four years of President Donald Trump’s restrictive and often harsh immigration policies come to an end.
“It simply wouldn’t have happened without us,” Lorella Praeli, co-president of the liberal group Community Change, said of Biden’s victory. “So we are now in a powerful position.”

Biden plans to introduce the legislation shortly after being inaugurated Wednesday, a move he hopes will spotlight his emphasis on an issue that’s defied major congressional action since 1986. Its fate, as written, seemed in doubt.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who will become Senate majority leader this week, said Trump’s impeachment trial, confirmation of Biden’s Cabinet nominees and more COVID-19 relief will be the chamber’s top initial priorities. “I look forward to working together with him” on the measure, Schumer said — a choice of words that might suggest changes could be needed for it to pass Congress.

Biden’s proposal would create an eight-year pathway to citizenship for millions of immigrants, set up a processing program abroad for refugees seeking admission to the U.S. and push toward using technology to monitor the border. The measure was described by an official from Biden’s transition team who described the plan on condition of anonymity.

With an eye toward discouraging a surge of immigrants toward the U.S.-Mexico boundary, the package’s route to citizenship would only apply to people already in the U.S. by this past Jan. 1. But it omits the traditional trade-off of dramatically enhanced border security that’s helped attract some GOP support in the past, which drew criticism on Tuesday.
“A mass amnesty with no safeguards and no strings attached is a nonstarter,” said Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee.“There are many issues I think we can work cooperatively with President-elect Biden, but a blanket amnesty for people who are here unlawfully isn’t going to be one of them,” said Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., often a central player in Senate immigration battles.

“Total amnesty, no regard for the health or security of Americans, and zero enforcement,” Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, who like Rubio is a potential 2024 GOP presidential contender, said in a Monday tweet.

That view was shared by Mark Krikorian, executive director of the conservative Center for Immigration Studies, which favors curbing immigration.

Full Coverage: Immigration
“Past proposals at least accepted the concept of turning off the faucet and mopping up the overflow. This is nothing but mopping up and letting the faucet continue to run,” Krikorian said.

Rosemary Jenks, top lobbyist for NumbersUSA, which also wants to limit immigration, said the measure seems likely to fail in the Senate. It would need at least 10 Republicans to join all 50 Democrats to overcome a filibuster that would kill the measure.

Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., said, “Moving an immigration reform bill won’t be easy, but I think it’s possible.” He cited a 2013 massive overhaul that narrowly passed the Senate, only to die in the GOP-run House. Menendez and Rubio were part of a bipartisan “Gang of 8″ senators that helped win Senate approval.

Under Biden’s legislation, those living in the U.S. as of Jan. 1, 2021, without legal status would have a five-year path to temporary legal status, or a green card, if they pass background checks, pay taxes and fulfill other requirements. From there, it’s a three-year path to naturalization if they pursue citizenship.

For some immigrants, the process would be quicker. So-called Dreamers, the young people who arrived in the U.S. illegally as children, as well as agricultural workers and people under temporary protective status could qualify more immediately for green cards if they are working, are in school or meet other requirements.

Biden is also expected to take swift executive actions, which require no congressional action, to reverse other Trump immigration actions. These include ending to the prohibition on arrivals from predominantly Muslim countries.

The legislation represents Biden’s bid to deliver on a major campaign promise important to Latino voters and other immigrant communities after four years of Trump’s restrictive policies and mass deportations. It provides one of the fastest pathways to citizenship for those living without legal status of any measure in recent years.

Biden allies and even some Republicans have identified immigration as a major issue where the new administration could find common ground with the GOP to avoid the stalemate that has vexed administrations of both parties for decades.

That kind of major win, even if it involves compromise, could be critical for Biden. He’ll be seeking legislative victories in a Congress where Republicans are certain to oppose other Biden priorities, like rolling back some of the GOP’s 2017 tax cuts and increasing federal spending.

Democrats will control the 50-50 Senate with Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’ tiebreaking vote. Democrats currently control the House 222-211, with two vacancies.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-do ... 93abfc9fb0

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2021, 9:27 am

matr1x wrote:The issue of gun control is going to really heat things up.

Changes to Amendments require 2/3rds majority in both House and Senate and then a 75% ratification by the States. Unless the GOP has a big shift in position by its House Reps, Senators and then State legislatures (of which they control 30) there isn't much to debate as it will be dead in the water early on.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 20th, 2021, 9:39 am

time to get visa?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 20th, 2021, 10:18 am

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 20th, 2021, 11:18 am

Not my President!

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » January 20th, 2021, 11:36 am

Go cry in your safe space, snowflake.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 20th, 2021, 11:47 am

MaxPower is the kind of guy who calls 999 to report the neighbour dog for licking its balls

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » January 20th, 2021, 11:49 am

MaxPower wrote:Not my President!

Are you an American citizen?
You appear heavily invested in their politics.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 20th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
matr1x wrote:The issue of gun control is going to really heat things up.

Changes to Amendments require 2/3rds majority in both House and Senate and then a 75% ratification by the States. Unless the GOP has a big shift in position by its House Reps, Senators and then State legislatures (of which they control 30) there isn't much to debate as it will be dead in the water early on.
I disagree here.

There is no need to amend the US Constitution to enact many of the federal gun control measures that have been debated in the last ten years.

Nor does the Second Amendment impede state or local governments from enacting controls. In fact, most states have significant controls in place. Some US cities are as restrictive as the UK.

What you will more likely see is a near real-time national database search for background checks instead of the state-by-state system that exists today.

All of these measures, including magazine capacity restriction and semi-automatic firearms control, have previously met the litmus test of Constitutionality.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 20th, 2021, 2:38 pm

dogg wrote:

Hello dogg,

Why should it matter to you if i am an American citizen?

Does one HAVE to be a citizen of a country to follow/support their politics?

Do you listen to Vybz Kartel and Poocaan?

Are you a Jamaican?

The jockey you have on is local Rattans or Fruit of the Loom?

Trying to understand the reasoning for your question.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 20th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Live: The Presidential Inauguration Of Joseph R. Biden, Jr.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 20th, 2021, 2:48 pm

I hope that with better direction and leadership the US will be able to get ahead of COVID and significantly reduce the number of deaths while the vaccines are rolled out. Things may be horrible now but with the right policies implemented they will hopefully see a slowing of the spread.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » January 20th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Really hope the USA can enjoy better days and settle down to a more stable governance experience over the next 4 years.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 20th, 2021, 3:00 pm

pete wrote:I hope that with better direction and leadership the US will be able to get ahead of COVID and significantly reduce the number of deaths while the vaccines are rolled out. Things may be horrible now but with the right policies implemented they will hopefully see a slowing of the spread.

Serious question since everything seems to boil down to politics and may viewed as such. If the USA has the wrong policies wrt Covid I can only imagine the UK has to as well. A fellow 1st world country with a fairly large population (but still about 1/5th that of America) but grappling with an even worse death rate than the US.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 20th, 2021, 3:02 pm

Yes, their policies have been terrible as well.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 20th, 2021, 3:06 pm

Adios Tronald Dump

The end of an error

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 20th, 2021, 3:07 pm

K74T wrote:Adios Tronald Dump

The end of an era

Check your auto correction bro,

Corrected it for you.

Welcome.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 20th, 2021, 3:13 pm

MaxPower wrote:
K74T wrote:Adios Tronald Dump

The end of an era

Check your auto correction bro,

Corrected it for you.

Welcome.

maybe it was intentional :lol:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 20th, 2021, 3:15 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
pete wrote:I hope that with better direction and leadership the US will be able to get ahead of COVID and significantly reduce the number of deaths while the vaccines are rolled out. Things may be horrible now but with the right policies implemented they will hopefully see a slowing of the spread.

Serious question since everything seems to boil down to politics and may viewed as such. If the USA has the wrong policies wrt Covid I can only imagine the UK has to as well. A fellow 1st world country with a fairly large population (but still about 1/5th that of America) but grappling with an even worse death rate than the US.

with the UK variant sweeping through the US it would be hard to get the spread down unless they BOTH have a nationwide mask mandate and fast track the vaccines.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » January 20th, 2021, 3:51 pm

MaxPower wrote:
dogg wrote:

Hello dogg,

Why should it matter to you if i am an American citizen?

Does one HAVE to be a citizen of a country to follow/support their politics?

Do you listen to Vybz Kartel and Poocaan?

Are you a Jamaican?

The jockey you have on is local Rattans or Fruit of the Loom?

Trying to understand the reasoning for your question.

I ask because whoever is the American President at any given time doesn't affect us in the caribbean in any way. And you seem to be insanely attached to Trump who regards us all as shiteholes.

Also because you said "not my president" which I thought was odd, because our President is Ms Weekes.

And yeah one does need to be a citizen of a country if you're rabidly supporting one side or the other in their politics.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 20th, 2021, 3:53 pm

Les Bain wrote:Go cry in your safe space, snowflake.

Hello Les Bain,

Yes, many people will be crying in their respective safe places as change can be difficult at times to accept.

Snowflake or not, we must all learn to accept and adapt but we must however understand the human emotions that are attached.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 20th, 2021, 4:21 pm

MG Man wrote:MaxPower is the kind of guy who calls 999 to report the neighbour dog for licking its balls

Listen! That was only once and it was not consensual!

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 20th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
MG Man wrote:MaxPower is the kind of guy who calls 999 to report the neighbour dog for licking its balls

Listen! That was only once and it was not consensual!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 21st, 2021, 12:50 am

Jesus, MaxPower need to dial that power knob back from "Max" and experiment with some of the other equally useful functions on that internet persona interface. He just sucking the life out of cheds I enjoy contributing to, with the constant attention grabbing.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 21st, 2021, 7:46 am

shogun wrote:Jesus, MaxPower need to dial that power knob back from "Max" and experiment with some of the other equally useful functions on that internet persona interface. He just sucking the life out of cheds I enjoy contributing to, with the constant attention grabbing.

Hello shogun,

I’m sorry that my contributions on the forums are hampering your enjoyment in the respective cheds. I assure you that it is nothing personal and I try my best to speak the truth and reality, that of which many find it hard to accept.

I will try to take it down a notch.

Keep well.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 21st, 2021, 8:21 am

shogun wrote:Jesus, MaxPower need to dial that power knob back from "Max" and experiment with some of the other equally useful functions on that internet persona interface. He just sucking the life out of cheds I enjoy contributing to, with the constant attention grabbing.

Foe List....makes threads more palatable

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 21st, 2021, 9:05 am

maxPower is the kind of guy to hang a mirror on the inside of his toilet door

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”