Re: Joe Biden's Murica!

Postby K74T » August 10th, 2021, 12:24 pm

20210810_122227.jpg

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 10th, 2021, 12:32 pm

K74T wrote:20210810_122227.jpg

Finally. Now to prosecute him for the nursing home deaths.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » August 10th, 2021, 1:39 pm

Murican problems.

How the heck is Cuomo relevant to anything in TT?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 10th, 2021, 1:42 pm

dogg wrote:Murican problems.

But this is a thread specific for America though!!!
Its not like its spamming any of the several trini politics thread here.

You could have simply ignored but you still clicked to come in meaning Joe Biden's Murica has some interest to you.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 10th, 2021, 1:50 pm

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » August 10th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
dogg wrote:Murican problems.

But this is a thread specific for America though!!!
Its not like its spamming any of the several trini politics thread here.

You could have simply ignored but you still clicked to come in meaning Joe Biden's Murica has some interest to you.

Yeah, well, I STARTED this thread to begin with, so there's that.
I forget how obsessed Trinis are with everything Murica related

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 10th, 2021, 6:12 pm

^^^lol

There are those of us who have interests in US politics and geopolitics... nothing wrong with that.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 13th, 2021, 6:57 am

Senate Passes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill, Handing Biden a Bipartisan Win

The approval came after months of negotiations and despite deficit concerns, reflecting an appetite in both parties for the long-awaited spending package.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/10/us/p ... asses.html

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » August 13th, 2021, 11:31 am

Joe Biden's handling of Murica is trash... as evident by his polling numbers. Even his handling of covid (something I'm confused about since he was given not one but three vaccines from the former administration) is taking a downward turn on the approval ratings. Same with crime, inflation and that huge problem at the southern border. Oh well.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » August 13th, 2021, 11:57 am

Trump's approval was never as high as Biden's at any time though.

Anyway, what can he or any world leader do about anti-vaccine idiots? Round them up by the truckloads and forcibly inject them?

justheretoreadthecomments wrote:Joe Biden's handling of Murica is trash... as evident by his polling numbers. Even his handling of covid (something I'm confused about since he was given not one but three vaccines from the former administration) is taking a downward turn on the approval ratings. Same with crime, inflation and that huge problem at the southern border. Oh well.

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » August 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm

dogg wrote:Trump's approval was never as high as Biden's at any time though.

Anyway, what can he or any world leader do about anti-vaccine idiots? Round them up by the truckloads and forcibly inject them?

justheretoreadthecomments wrote:Joe Biden's handling of Murica is trash... as evident by his polling numbers. Even his handling of covid (something I'm confused about since he was given not one but three vaccines from the former administration) is taking a downward turn on the approval ratings. Same with crime, inflation and that huge problem at the southern border. Oh well.

You sound triggered, calm down. Who is talking about anti vaxxers and the likes? What I said was, he ran on Covid being the focal point of his campaign and had initially had his highest approval ratings on his handling of same, but this rate is dropping, and I do not know the reasons, which is why I did not get into that argument, but while we are here, perhaps it has to do with lockdowns, mixed messaging (masks for the vaccinated, no wait, masks for the vaccinated now; vaxxed people can have indoor gatherings, no, unless you're Obama and have 'sophisticated guests) no gatherings for you, high job numbers yet the extension of the moratorium on rent (in response to the lockdowns), as though landlords are running a charity. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the timelapse of covid (delta variant) infections was shown to be spreading from the southern states, ya know, the same states where persons can just cross the US border just like that with out having to show a negative PCR test as required at the legal points of entry.... I don't know. And side note, Trumps approval ratings were abysmal and well, he's now a one term president.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » August 13th, 2021, 1:39 pm

cool story bro.

justheretoreadthecomments wrote:
dogg wrote:Trump's approval was never as high as Biden's at any time though.

You sound triggered, calm down. Who is talking about anti vaxxers and the likes? What I said was, he ran on Covid being the focal point of his campaign and had initially had his highest approval ratings on his handling of same, but this rate is dropping, and I do not know the reasons, which is why I did not get into that argument, but while we are here, perhaps it has to do with lockdowns, mixed messaging (masks for the vaccinated, no wait, masks for the vaccinated now; vaxxed people can have indoor gatherings, no, unless you're Obama and have 'sophisticated guests) no gatherings for you, high job numbers yet the extension of the moratorium on rent (in response to the lockdowns), as though landlords are running a charity. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the timelapse of covid (delta variant) infections was shown to be spreading from the southern states, ya know, the same states where persons can just cross the US border just like that with out having to show a negative PCR test as required at the legal points of entry.... I don't know. And side note, Trumps approval ratings were abysmal and well, he's now a one term president.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 9th, 2021, 8:30 pm

Biden announces COVID-19 vaccine mandates that will affect 100 million Americans

Washington — President Biden announced the most sweeping COVID-19 vaccine requirements yet on Thursday, which will affect roughly 100 million Americans. The new measures include a vaccine mandate for all federal workers and contractors, and a requirement that large companies must mandate vaccines or regular testing for employees.

"My job as president is to protect all Americans," Mr. Biden said Thursday. "So tonight, I'm announcing that the Department of Labor is developing an emergency rule to require all employers with 100 or more employees that together employ over 80 million workers to ensure their workforces are fully vaccinated or show a negative test at least once a week."

Mr. Biden noted that many large companies already require vaccinations. "The bottom line — we're going to protect vaccinated workers from unvaccinated coworkers," he said. 

The Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration is developing a rule requiring all employers with at least 100 employees to make sure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require unvaccinated workers to get a negative test at least once a week. OSHA will issue an Emergency Temporary Standard to introduce the vaccine requirement. Companies that fail to comply could face fines of $14,000 per violation, Mr. Biden said. 

That was just one of the mandates and changes the president announced in a speech on boosting vaccinations and battling the COVID-19 pandemic. The president also announced vaccination requirements for health care providers that accept Medicare and Medicaid, for all federal employees and contractors and  for the staffs of Head Start programs, Department of Defense Schools and Bureau of Indian Education-operated schools. Mr. Biden had announced in July the federal workforce would need to provide evidence that they had been vaccinated or submit to regular testing and practice social distancing measures in the workplace. 

The new mandates are part of a six-pronged White House strategy to battle the COVID-19 Delta variant and boost vaccinations as cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to climb. The six pillars are: vaccinating the unvaccinated; furthering protection for the unvaccinated; keeping schools safely open; increasing testing and requiring masking; protecting economic recovery; and improving care for those with COVID-19. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/bi ... 021-09-09/

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » September 10th, 2021, 8:12 am

Good move. Hopefully we implement the same soon.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 10th, 2021, 10:13 am

Wishing Commander Trump a great day today.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 10th, 2021, 10:21 am

Which one ours or USA’s?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 7th, 2021, 10:52 pm

This country missing Emperor Trump not this senile fool and his mutt dog Harris.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 7th, 2021, 10:58 pm

Habit7 wrote:Image

Look at that dance. My president. You feel Biden could wine he ass and gyrate like that?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 8th, 2021, 2:20 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 024631001/

President Joe Biden's approval rating hits new low in latest Quinnipiac poll

As his agenda flounders on Capitol Hill, President Joe Biden’s popularity among everyday Americans is taking a beating.

Biden’s approval rating has dropped to 38%, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday. That’s down from 42% three weeks ago and from a high of 50% in mid-February.

“Battered on trust, doubted on leadership, and challenged on overall competency, President Biden is being hammered on all sides as his approval rating continues its downward slide to a number not seen since the tough scrutiny of the Trump administration,” Quinnipiac University polling analyst Tim Malloy said in a prepared statement.

More:Live updates: McConnell offers short-term extension of debt ceiling

While the Quinnipiac poll has Biden at an all-time low approval rating, an analysis of various polls by FiveThirtyEight shows it remains at 44%. That is 6 points higher than the Quinnipiac poll.

While Biden maintains wild popularity among Democrats – about 80% approve of the job he is doing – his approval rating among Republicans and independents, who make up the largest portion of the sample, has cratered, according to Quinnipiac.

About 32% of independents approve of Biden’s job as president. His approval rating among Republicans is only 4%.

Respondents panned his handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal, with only 28% saying the withdrawal was the right move. He had negative approval for his handling of the military, taxes, foreign policy, immigration and the Mexican border, according to the poll.

Biden also hit low points in the latest poll on two key questions: his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and the economy. About half of those polled said they disapprove of the way he has handled the coronavirus, and 55% disapprove of his handling of the economy.

The White House has ramped up pressure on Americans to get vaccinated, but about 20% of respondents said they still do not plan to receive a vaccine.

The poll surveyed 1,326 adults between Oct. 1-4. Its margin of error was 2.7 percentage points.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 8th, 2021, 2:22 pm

They must be missing Great Trump and regretting putting this man and his mutt Harris in office.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 8th, 2021, 9:10 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:They must be missing Great Trump and regretting putting this man and his mutt Harris in office.

Long live Commander Trump!

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 9th, 2021, 1:08 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Hahahahhaha

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 11th, 2021, 4:19 pm

Look at what Biden allowing to happen....letting these small dicks get closer. Come back Trump!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 11th, 2021, 4:29 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Image

Look at what Biden allowing to happen....letting these small dicks get closer. Come back Trump!
Off course the US will tell you that.

The US loves to hustle

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 11th, 2021, 4:35 pm

zoom rader wrote:

The US loves to hustle

so you saying is not true the pentagon chief quit because of that?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 11th, 2021, 5:32 pm

China not nearly ahead of the west in tech but they closing in fast

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 11th, 2021, 5:51 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

The US loves to hustle

so you saying is not true the pentagon chief quit because of that?
US can say anything that suits them. They always one step ahead of the game.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 11th, 2021, 6:17 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:China not nearly ahead of the west in tech but they closing in fast

Like how soon until they close in?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 11:04 pm

DESPERATE AFGHAN PARENTS SELLING THEIR KIDS TO PAY OFF DEBTS AS POVERTY LEVELS DEEPEN.

Desperate Afghan parents are selling their kids to pay off debt as poverty levels deepen following Taliban takeover.

A house cleaner in western Afghanistan named Saleha, for example, sold her 3-year-old daughter to a man to whom she owed a $550 debt. Saleha, 40, receives 70 cents a day from her job, and her husband doesn't work, the Journal said.

"If life continues to be this awful, I will kill my children and myself," Saleha told the Journal. "I don't even know what we will eat tonight."

"I will try to find money to save my daughter's life," husband Abdul Wahab said.

Khalid Ahmad, the lender, told the Journal he had to accept the 3-year-old girl to settle the debt.

"I also don't have money. They haven't paid me back," he said. "So there is no option but taking the daughter."

Last month, the United Nations' development agency said Afghanistan is heading toward "universal poverty" following the Taliban's swift takeover of the country.

Within a year, the poverty rate in Afghanistan will hover at a whopping 97% or 98%, said Kanni Wignaraja, UNDP's Asia-Pacific Director.

"Afghanistan pretty much faces universal poverty by the middle of next year," Wignaraja said. "That's where we're heading — it's 97-98% no matter how you work these projections."

The Taliban took over Afghanistan following President Joe Biden's decision to withdraw US troops from the region after two decades spent trying to rid the country of extremists. In its takeover, the Taliban renamed the country the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, reverting back to the same name used during the last time the regime held power, in 1996. The regime remained in power until 2001, after the US invaded Afghanistan.

Read more here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 1-10%3famp

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 16th, 2021, 11:08 pm

^ such a sad sad situation.

And Trini ass happy here.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”