Total votes: 39

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Joe Biden's Murica!

Postby The_Honourable » April 24th, 2023, 4:36 pm

adnj wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
adnj wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Tucker Carlson is literally #1 in prime time cable news so this is more a loss for Fox than him. He's in demand and would be back on soon probably Newsmax.

Don Lemon tho...
Newsmax, Nick Jr., VH1, and the Golf Channel all have about the same number of viewers.

Your idea of a career safety net eludes me.

Start thinking. Newsmax has been popular among right viewership for the past three years and increasing competition against Fox. What you think is going to happen if the #1 guy on primetime news goes to newsmax?

You elude your own self most of the times adnj, keep to yourself.

Newsmax is the place to go - if Carlson wants a steep paycut.

Newsmax viewership is currently less than 5% of Fox's viewership.

I have to guess that you didn't know that.

It seems that the economics of how viewership influences ad revenue, and therefore salaries, isn't as well know as I assumed.

Newsmax does have a lower viewership than Fox, this is already known. What you fail to realize is that their viewership is increasing and, if all goes well, become direct competition to Fox. This may well happen if Tucker and his millions of viewers goes there. Think nah?

He is the #1 guy on primetime cable news, his paycut would not be steep as you might think. If all goes well in the next few years and Newsmax does get increased market share, ad revenue, etc, his pay would be equal to what he had on Fox and maybe even higher.

Assume all you want and by yourself.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 24th, 2023, 6:16 pm

O'Brian left and disappeared almost into nothing...

Can't discount the juggernaut that is FOX

NewsMax also has to face Dominion in court so going there might be career suicide if they have same payout as FOX

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 24th, 2023, 7:12 pm

16 cycles wrote:O'Brian left and disappeared almost into nothing...

NewsMax also has to face Dominion in court so going there might be career suicide if they have same payout as FOX

Yeah Fox big and around for a long time.

Valid point, more than likely Newsmax would settle but their pocket will feel it more.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 24th, 2023, 7:38 pm

O'Reilly?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 24th, 2023, 8:13 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
adnj wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
adnj wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Tucker Carlson is literally #1 in prime time cable news so this is more a loss for Fox than him. He's in demand and would be back on soon probably Newsmax.

Don Lemon tho...
Newsmax, Nick Jr., VH1, and the Golf Channel all have about the same number of viewers.

Start thinking. Newsmax has been popular among right viewership for the past three years and increasing competition against Fox. What you think is going to happen if the #1 guy on primetime news goes to newsmax?

It seems that the economics of how viewership influences ad revenue, and therefore salaries, isn't as well know as I assumed.

Newsmax does have a lower viewership than Fox, this is already known. What you fail to realize is that their viewership is increasing and, if all goes well, become direct competition to Fox. This may well happen if Tucker and his millions of viewers goes there. Think nah?

He is the #1 guy on primetime cable news, his paycut would not be steep as you might think. If all goes well in the next few years and Newsmax does get increased market share, ad revenue, etc, his pay would be equal to what he had on Fox and maybe even higher.

Hello and welcome to Tucker Carlson Tonight. Or should I say, Tucker Carlson Goodbye. That's right, folks, this is my last show on Fox News. After 15 years of being the most watched and most loved host on cable news, I have decided to quit this sinking ship and jump on board the Newsmax train.

Why did I do it? Well, it's simple: I got tired of being a puppet. You see, Fox News used to be a great network, a network that gave me the freedom and the support to tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. But lately, they've been trying to muzzle me, to censor me, to force me to say things that I don't believe in. They wanted me to follow their script, to repeat their talking points, to ignore the facts and evidence that proved them wrong. They wanted me to sell out my soul and my audience for the sake of ratings and profits.

But I couldn't do it. I couldn't betray you, my loyal viewers, who have stuck with me through thick and thin. You deserve better than that. You deserve a host who tells you what's really going on in this country and in this world, who exposes the lies and corruption of the elites, who stands up for your rights and freedoms, who fights for your interests and values.

That's why I took a leap of faith and accepted an offer from Newsmax, the only network that still has some integrity and courage left in this business. Newsmax is a network that shares my vision and my mission, a network that respects my independence and my honesty, a network that gives me the platform and the resources to bring you the news and commentary that you need to hear.

Of course, this was not an easy decision. I had to leave behind a lot of friends and colleagues at Fox News, people who I respect and admire, people who have been with me since the beginning. I also had to take a huge pay cut, from $20 million a year to $5 million a year. But hey, money is not everything. What matters more is doing what's right, doing what's best for you, my faithful viewers.

So I hope you'll join me on this new adventure, this new chapter in my career. Starting next week, you can catch me on Newsmax every weeknight at 8 p.m., right after Greg Kelly Reports. Together, we'll continue to expose the truth, challenge the status quo, and defend our great nation.

This is Tucker Carlson, signing off from Fox News for the last time. Thank you for watching. And remember: don't let them lie to you. Unless it's me lying to you. Then it's okay.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/tucker-carlson-tonight

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 24th, 2023, 9:52 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:O'Reilly?

Yes!! Even forgot his name...jah

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 25th, 2023, 12:58 am

16 cycles wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:O'Reilly?

Yes!! Even forgot his name...jah

he had sexual harassment allegations hanging over him- tucker doesn't have that.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 25th, 2023, 8:06 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Tuesday formally announced that he is running for reelection in 2024, asking voters to give him more time to “finish this job” he began when he was sworn into office and to set aside their concerns about extending the run of America’s oldest president for another four years.

Biden, who would be 86 at the end of a second term, is betting his first-term legislative achievements and more than 50 years of experience in Washington will count for more than concerns over his age. He faces a smooth path to winning his party’s nomination, with no serious Democratic rivals. But he’s still set for a hard-fought struggle to retain the presidency in a bitterly divided nation.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-el ... c3f79aa65b

A this point America is a joke. It could feasibly be Joe vs Trump again.
Dementiapocalypse!!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 25th, 2023, 1:35 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
adnj wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
adnj wrote:

Don Lemon tho...

Pls excuse ctrl c/v gpt. He knows how to quote data, but not how to analyze quoted data.

Tucker appeals to red pills of both sides.

He may go the route of joe Rogan.

Where ever he goes, they will get a monster viewership. So long as he keeps his anti establishment, bipartisan position.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 25th, 2023, 3:46 pm

sMASH wrote:Pls excuse ctrl c/v gpt. He seems to always find data that is contrary to my conspiracy-theory-fueled analyses, posts it, and then watches me relentlessly scramble to make it seem as if my stated position was ever worth being considered valid.

Tucker appeals to red pills of both sides. Most of which already watch Fox News.

So, he may go the route of joe Rogan, and land on YouTube or some other outlet.

Tucker's involuntary separation from Fox means that he will likely never regain the large viewership, or compensation, that he once had.

At this point in his career, with his credibility in question, he will never have the opportunity to be as popular as other, more mainstream, more widely-viewed news personalities that anchor news programs from the other three US television networks that still support journalistic integrity. Those news programs have viewership ratings that have consistently been two, three, or even four times as high as Tucker Carlson's show.

Corrected.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 25th, 2023, 4:23 pm

adnj wrote:
sMASH wrote:Pls excuse ctrl c/v gpt. He seems to always find data that is contrary to my conspiracy-theory-fueled analyses, posts it, and then watches me relentlessly scramble to make it seem as if my stated position was ever worth being considered valid.

Tucker appeals to red pills of both sides. Most of which already watch Fox News.

Tucker's involuntary separation from Fox means that he will likely never regain the large viewership, or compensation, that he once had.

At this point in his career, with his credibility in question, he will never have the opportunity to be as popular as other, more mainstream, more widely-viewed news personalities that anchor news programs from the other three US television networks that still support journalistic integrity. Those news programs have viewership ratings that have consistently been two, three, or even four times as high as Tucker Carlson's show.

Corrected.
¡Jajajajaja!

Hilarious

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 25th, 2023, 4:46 pm

sMASH wrote:
adnj wrote:

Corrected.
¡Jajajajaja!

Hilarious

Which part of what you don't understand are you finding amusing?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 25th, 2023, 7:03 pm

adnj wrote:
sMASH wrote:
adnj wrote:

Corrected.
¡Jajajajaja!

Hilarious

Which part of what you don't understand are you finding amusing?
The part where u thought u could think.
Stick to copy snd pasting.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 26th, 2023, 1:31 pm

Disney sues Gov. Ron DeSantis, alleging political retaliation

Disney is suing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) over what it calls a “relentless campaign to weaponize government power” — a major escalation of the standoff between the entertainment giant and the conservative governor.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida accuses DeSantis of orchestrating a campaign to punish Disney over its political views. The lawsuit comes just one week after DeSantis pledged to work with the state legislature to roll back Disney’s corporate control over its Florida theme park.

It represents the latest exchange in a long-running public feud between Florida’s conservative governor, widely seen as a likely contender for the party’s 2024 presidential nomination, and the California-based theme park operator.

The feud began when Disney came out against DeSantis-backed legislation DeSantis which prohibited teachers from discussing gender and sexual orientation in early school grades, a measure which critics derided as a homophobic and discriminatory “don’t say gay” bill. DeSantis signed it into law last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/disne ... etaliation

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 26th, 2023, 4:01 pm

The most ironic thing in that whole Disney saga will be seeing people who typically dump on billion dollar corporations shill for Disney just because of RDS.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 28th, 2023, 10:58 am

Nothing unusual here!!!!

Joe Biden has again slipped up and flashed his infamous note cards at a press conference – but one detail this time has sparked particular backlash.

The US President was holding a press conference at the White House on Wednesday with South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol when the 80-year-old raised his notes in view of the cameras.

A photo of the small cheat sheet showed the name and picture of Los Angeles Times reporter Courtney Subramanian – along with the pronunciation breakdown of her last name – and a general summary of the question she would ask.
“Question #1” was handwritten at the top of the sheet, indicating the President should call on her first at the conclusion of his remarks.

“How are YOU squaring YOUR domestic priorities – like reshoring semiconductors manufacturing – with alliance-based foreign policy?” read the question in Mr Biden’s hand.
Subramanian asked Mr Biden, “Your top economic priority has been to build up US domestic manufacturing in competition with China, but your rules against expanding chip manufacturing in China is hurting South Korean companies that rely heavily on Beijing.

“Are you damaging a key ally in the competition with China to help your domestic politics ahead of the election?
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... 437f818e32

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 28th, 2023, 11:12 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Nothing unusual here!!!!

Joe Biden has again slipped up and flashed his infamous note cards at a press conference – but one detail this time has sparked particular backlash.

The US President was holding a press conference at the White House on Wednesday with South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol when the 80-year-old raised his notes in view of the cameras.

A photo of the small cheat sheet showed the name and picture of Los Angeles Times reporter Courtney Subramanian – along with the pronunciation breakdown of her last name – and a general summary of the question she would ask.
“Question #1” was handwritten at the top of the sheet, indicating the President should call on her first at the conclusion of his remarks.

“How are YOU squaring YOUR domestic priorities – like reshoring semiconductors manufacturing – with alliance-based foreign policy?” read the question in Mr Biden’s hand.
Subramanian asked Mr Biden, “Your top economic priority has been to build up US domestic manufacturing in competition with China, but your rules against expanding chip manufacturing in China is hurting South Korean companies that rely heavily on Beijing.

“Are you damaging a key ally in the competition with China to help your domestic politics ahead of the election?
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... 437f818e32

Usual ting, hadda make sure the puppet stay on the string and sticks to the script ;)

I mean I'd do the same if the fate of the world super power was at stake :lol:

(Wudnt pick sleepy joe though)

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 29th, 2023, 3:19 pm

Imagine a Biden vs DeSantis contest

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 29th, 2023, 6:37 pm

They will never allow Biden to debate RDS. Would be pretty low key otherwise.
SuperiorMan wrote:Imagine a Biden vs DeSantis contest

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 30th, 2023, 5:56 pm

Biden's favorite "butt buddy" journalist Don Lemon fired for being racist against Indian american Vivek Ramaswamy.

:D

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » April 30th, 2023, 6:01 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Biden's favorite "butt buddy" journalist Don Lemon fired for being racist against Indian american Vivek Ramaswamy.

Not exactly sure where you get the idea Biden's favorite journalist is don lemon but go ahead.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 30th, 2023, 6:02 pm

In Feb of this year he also said 51 year old Indian American Nikki Haley was past her prime. He seems to have an inferiority complex with Indian Americans
SuperiorMan wrote:Biden's favorite "butt buddy" journalist Don Lemon fired for being racist against Indian american Vivek Ramaswamy.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 2nd, 2023, 5:16 pm

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed a bill allowing the death penalty in child rape convictions, despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that banned capital punishment in such cases.

https://apnews.com/article/death-penalty-child-rape-desantis-florida-9b03e9cd5a96f68967c3e06a299ff2a7

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 2nd, 2023, 5:48 pm

redmanjp wrote:TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday signed a bill allowing the death penalty in child rape convictions, despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that banned capital punishment in such cases.

https://apnews.com/article/death-penalty-child-rape-desantis-florida-9b03e9cd5a96f68967c3e06a299ff2a7

20230502_174826.jpg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 2nd, 2023, 6:42 pm

So we're expecting to see the many convicted Florida pastors who raped kiddies to be executed soon?

No?

Or they need a few more twists to link that piece of law to drag, gay and trans then it will be applicable?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 2nd, 2023, 8:16 pm

maj. tom wrote:So we're expecting to see the many convicted Florida pastors who raped kiddies to be executed soon?

No?

Or they need a few more twists to link that piece of law to drag, gay and trans then it will be applicable?

1. US Federal legislation has precedence over state legislation.

2. The Eighth Amendment to the US Constitution provides protection against cruel and unusual punishments.

The Florida legislation cannot be enforced because of Federal prohibitions. In the absence of Federal legislation, Florida's legislation would very likely be suspended due to the unconstitutional nature of the sentence not fitting the crime.

It was just the most recent piece of meaningless Florida legislation.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 2nd, 2023, 11:09 pm

So far, for now. Baby steps. They're just testing the limits over and over, just like with the recent consequences of Roe v. Wade reinterpretation. Little steps for the Nat C party to eventually seize unlimited control in super Red states. In Texas they just passed a new law giving them power to overturn the election results in a certain county. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/texas-republicans-seek-overturn-elections-mishaps-18073334.php

They're banning elected representatives in Tennessee and Montana for speech in the state Houses. They're trying to table ridiculous bills to ban opposing parties. Banning books from libraries. Fighting corporations who show support for gay and trans people. Many Red states are changing labour laws to put child labour back into the unskilled working class and loving institutionalized child marriage a lot. Making their own women to bleed out and die for miscarriages and rapes, cutting social care for their own veterans and even school lunches for hungry children.

And there are very stupid people there cheering this steady erosion of democracy and human rights with the rise of open fascism because they don't realize that they're eventually going to be next on the list. Once they're hurting the right people now.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 5th, 2023, 10:56 am

Florida people. You gotta love 'em!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230505/bfe3d1811b6513c7ecd7c9829fa724e0.jpg[/img]

TALLAHASSEE — Floridians who are Black, gay, transgender or immigrants have accused Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Legislature of targeting them in policies and bills this year.

Now, many Chinese Americans say they feel discriminated against by a DeSantis priority bill that would prohibit people “domiciled” in China from owning property or land in the state if they’re not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

SB 264 would limit land purchases near military bases and critical infrastructure from residents of a handful of foreign adversaries, including Russia, Iran, North Korea and Venezuela.

Only Chinese citizens would be prohibited from owning land — or homes — anywhere in the state.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... gislature/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 5th, 2023, 11:30 am

adnj wrote:Florida people. You gotta love 'em!

TALLAHASSEE — Floridians who are Black, gay, transgender or immigrants have accused Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Legislature of targeting them in policies and bills this year.

Now, many Chinese Americans say they feel discriminated against by a DeSantis priority bill that would prohibit people “domiciled” in China from owning property or land in the state if they’re not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

SB 264 would limit land purchases near military bases and critical infrastructure from residents of a handful of foreign adversaries, including Russia, Iran, North Korea and Venezuela.

Only Chinese citizens would be prohibited from owning land — or homes — anywhere in the state.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-p ... gislature/

Seems the bill has quite the bipartisan support - democracy at work.
The House voted for the bill 95-17, with several Democrats voting for the bill. The bill now heads back to the Senate, which already voted unanimously for the earlier version of the bill.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 5th, 2023, 11:49 am

The Chinese in Florida will be rushing to buy fake S. Korean ID - so that they can blend in.

Diabolical!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”