TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
72
66%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
12
11%
No, I don't want it.
16
15%
I am not sure.
9
8%
 
Total votes: 109

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 6th, 2021, 9:59 pm

DMan7 wrote:
adnj wrote:
DMan7 wrote:So after a 3rd shot, how much more shots will we need in the future?


How many times do you need to be told the same thing? Similar to the flu shot.


1 Covid shot each year?
I wish yuh luck

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 6th, 2021, 11:32 pm

DMan7 wrote:
adnj wrote:
DMan7 wrote:So after a 3rd shot, how much more shots will we need in the future?


How many times do you need to be told the same thing? Similar to the flu shot.


1 Covid shot each year?


My apologies. I thought that you were Hoover asking the same question repeatedly.

Frequency of vaccination MAY (because the opinions are based on evolution models) depend on the rate of infection in the population, your history of infection and disease and/or the presence of a new mutation.

Many viral infections can be of little consequence once you have been infected and recovered. But if your personal circumstances change, if there is a great deal of infection where you are or if a mutation resurfaces (or is new), you may need a booster shot once or even twice each year at the worst. Most people will likely need nothing. But no one can be absolutely sure.

User avatar
st7
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2201
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 1:13 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby st7 » October 6th, 2021, 11:56 pm

adnj wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
adnj wrote:
DMan7 wrote:So after a 3rd shot, how much more shots will we need in the future?


How many times do you need to be told the same thing? Similar to the flu shot.


1 Covid shot each year?


My apologies. I thought that you were Hoover asking the same question repeatedly.



i get ketch too, doh worry lol

User avatar
Dohplaydat
punchin NOS
Posts: 3873
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby Dohplaydat » October 7th, 2021, 11:39 am

Pfizer standing up strong against covid hospitalization.

Image

dogg
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 672
Joined: March 19th, 2010, 9:49 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby dogg » October 11th, 2021, 6:04 pm

in the pipeline:

Merck said molnupiravir, the antiviral drug it’s developing with Miami-based Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, could halve the risks of hospitalization or death when given to recently diagnosed patients at risk of severe illness, according to interim results from a late-stage clinical trial.

If approved, molnupiravir would be the first antiviral pill for Covid-19 on the market and become a valuable tool in the fight against the virus.

Rivals are not far behind, with Pfizer, Roche and Atea Pharmaceuticals all expecting results from late-stage clinical trials this year.

Pfizer is testing whether its pill—PF-07321332—can prevent infection in people exposed to the virus or benefit patients who have not been hospitalized with Covid-19.

Roche and Boston-based Atea are also testing whether their antiviral, AT-527, can help treat or prevent Covid-19 and very early results suggested an ability to reduce the amount of virus in the body.


Fingers crossed!

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby De Dragon » October 12th, 2021, 12:30 am

dogg wrote:in the pipeline:

Merck said molnupiravir, the antiviral drug it’s developing with Miami-based Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, could halve the risks of hospitalization or death when given to recently diagnosed patients at risk of severe illness, according to interim results from a late-stage clinical trial.

If approved, molnupiravir would be the first antiviral pill for Covid-19 on the market and become a valuable tool in the fight against the virus.

Rivals are not far behind, with Pfizer, Roche and Atea Pharmaceuticals all expecting results from late-stage clinical trials this year.

Pfizer is testing whether its pill—PF-07321332—can prevent infection in people exposed to the virus or benefit patients who have not been hospitalized with Covid-19.

Roche and Boston-based Atea are also testing whether their antiviral, AT-527, can help treat or prevent Covid-19 and very early results suggested an ability to reduce the amount of virus in the body.


Fingers crossed!

In B4 hoover and the "doctor" with their opposition to this as well :roll:

SuperiorMan
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1093
Joined: December 1st, 2020, 2:35 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby SuperiorMan » October 12th, 2021, 12:37 pm

Image

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 12:41 pm

So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 12th, 2021, 1:38 pm

hover11 wrote:So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.
A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set. As long as the vaccine is not expired, it is safe for use and remains effective for its intended purpose.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... u4JZA_NvzW

28 Jul 2021 — WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health regulators on Wednesday again extended the expiration dates on Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dfiszrjkFv

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccine doses are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe

The COVID-19 vaccines are still undergoing research to determine how long they remain stable.

Author: Erin Jones, Mauricio Chamberlin, Brandon Lewis

Published: 1:52 PM PDT September 2, 2021

Updated: 2:05 PM PDT September 2, 2021


When the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were first released to the public under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2020, they had a shelf life of up to six months with optimal storage temperatures based on data from stability assessment studies. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which was authorized for emergency use in February 2021, had a shelf life of up to three months.

Now, nine months after some of the vaccines were first authorized, VERIFY viewer Tracey wants to know whether the COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are past their initial expiration dates.

THE QUESTION

Are some COVID-19 vaccine doses past their initial expiration date?

THE SOURCES

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Pfizer-BioNTech

Johnson & Johnson

THE ANSWER

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccines are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/heal ... 670136ffd7

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 2:07 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.
A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set. As long as the vaccine is not expired, it is safe for use and remains effective for its intended purpose.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... u4JZA_NvzW

28 Jul 2021 — WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health regulators on Wednesday again extended the expiration dates on Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dfiszrjkFv

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccine doses are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe

The COVID-19 vaccines are still undergoing research to determine how long they remain stable.

Author: Erin Jones, Mauricio Chamberlin, Brandon Lewis

Published: 1:52 PM PDT September 2, 2021

Updated: 2:05 PM PDT September 2, 2021


When the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were first released to the public under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2020, they had a shelf life of up to six months with optimal storage temperatures based on data from stability assessment studies. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which was authorized for emergency use in February 2021, had a shelf life of up to three months.

Now, nine months after some of the vaccines were first authorized, VERIFY viewer Tracey wants to know whether the COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are past their initial expiration dates.

THE QUESTION

Are some COVID-19 vaccine doses past their initial expiration date?

THE SOURCES

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Pfizer-BioNTech

Johnson & Johnson

THE ANSWER

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccines are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/heal ... 670136ffd7
So based on information countries were throwing away good vaccines then?

User avatar
st7
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2201
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 1:13 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby st7 » October 12th, 2021, 2:17 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.
A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set. As long as the vaccine is not expired, it is safe for use and remains effective for its intended purpose.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... u4JZA_NvzW

28 Jul 2021 — WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health regulators on Wednesday again extended the expiration dates on Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dfiszrjkFv

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccine doses are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe

The COVID-19 vaccines are still undergoing research to determine how long they remain stable.

Author: Erin Jones, Mauricio Chamberlin, Brandon Lewis

Published: 1:52 PM PDT September 2, 2021

Updated: 2:05 PM PDT September 2, 2021


When the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were first released to the public under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2020, they had a shelf life of up to six months with optimal storage temperatures based on data from stability assessment studies. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which was authorized for emergency use in February 2021, had a shelf life of up to three months.

Now, nine months after some of the vaccines were first authorized, VERIFY viewer Tracey wants to know whether the COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are past their initial expiration dates.

THE QUESTION

Are some COVID-19 vaccine doses past their initial expiration date?

THE SOURCES

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Pfizer-BioNTech

Johnson & Johnson

THE ANSWER

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccines are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/heal ... 670136ffd7
So based on information countries were throwing away good vaccines then?


what do the vaccines matter to you?

meanwhile, while we're dining and looking outside at you:

Image

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 12th, 2021, 2:26 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.
A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set. As long as the vaccine is not expired, it is safe for use and remains effective for its intended purpose.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... u4JZA_NvzW

28 Jul 2021 — WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health regulators on Wednesday again extended the expiration dates on Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dfiszrjkFv

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccine doses are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe

The COVID-19 vaccines are still undergoing research to determine how long they remain stable.

Author: Erin Jones, Mauricio Chamberlin, Brandon Lewis

Published: 1:52 PM PDT September 2, 2021

Updated: 2:05 PM PDT September 2, 2021


When the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were first released to the public under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2020, they had a shelf life of up to six months with optimal storage temperatures based on data from stability assessment studies. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which was authorized for emergency use in February 2021, had a shelf life of up to three months.

Now, nine months after some of the vaccines were first authorized, VERIFY viewer Tracey wants to know whether the COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are past their initial expiration dates.

THE QUESTION

Are some COVID-19 vaccine doses past their initial expiration date?

THE SOURCES

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Pfizer-BioNTech

Johnson & Johnson

THE ANSWER

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccines are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/heal ... 670136ffd7
So based on information countries were throwing away good vaccines then?
What was that particular country's storage and handling record of each vaccine vial? Does it meet or exceed the requirements set by the OPM? We're there any deviations? Has new guidance been published based on OPM storage data submissions?

If the pharmaceutical company is portrayed as greedy and profit-driven, what is the incentive for the pharmaceutical company to give product that's already pad for a longer shelf life?

---------

"A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set."

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 2:30 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.
A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set. As long as the vaccine is not expired, it is safe for use and remains effective for its intended purpose.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... u4JZA_NvzW

28 Jul 2021 — WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health regulators on Wednesday again extended the expiration dates on Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dfiszrjkFv

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccine doses are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe

The COVID-19 vaccines are still undergoing research to determine how long they remain stable.

Author: Erin Jones, Mauricio Chamberlin, Brandon Lewis

Published: 1:52 PM PDT September 2, 2021

Updated: 2:05 PM PDT September 2, 2021


When the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were first released to the public under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2020, they had a shelf life of up to six months with optimal storage temperatures based on data from stability assessment studies. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which was authorized for emergency use in February 2021, had a shelf life of up to three months.

Now, nine months after some of the vaccines were first authorized, VERIFY viewer Tracey wants to know whether the COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are past their initial expiration dates.

THE QUESTION

Are some COVID-19 vaccine doses past their initial expiration date?

THE SOURCES

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Pfizer-BioNTech

Johnson & Johnson

THE ANSWER

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccines are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/heal ... 670136ffd7
So based on information countries were throwing away good vaccines then?
What was that particular country's storage and handling record of each vaccine vial? Does it meet or exceed the requirements set by the OPM? We're there any deviations? Has new guidance been published based on OPM storage data submissions?

If the pharmaceutical company is portrayed as greedy and profit-driven, what is the incentive for the pharmaceutical company to give product that's already pad for a longer shelf life?

---------

"A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set."
The country in question is the USA who had to dispose of thousands of pfizer vaccines due to them being expired, my question if this is true bases on your information why were they not distributed to other countries that needed them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wltx.c ... 3e669b6b4c

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 2:49 pm

899 New Yorkers Got Expired Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccines, Must Get Re-Vaccinated


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... -dose/amp/

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 12th, 2021, 2:54 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:So governments all over the world throwing vaccines when the expiration date reached yet In Trinidad we extend it safe for use.
A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set. As long as the vaccine is not expired, it is safe for use and remains effective for its intended purpose.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... u4JZA_NvzW

28 Jul 2021 — WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal health regulators on Wednesday again extended the expiration dates on Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... dfiszrjkFv

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccine doses are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe

The COVID-19 vaccines are still undergoing research to determine how long they remain stable.

Author: Erin Jones, Mauricio Chamberlin, Brandon Lewis

Published: 1:52 PM PDT September 2, 2021

Updated: 2:05 PM PDT September 2, 2021


When the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were first released to the public under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2020, they had a shelf life of up to six months with optimal storage temperatures based on data from stability assessment studies. Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, which was authorized for emergency use in February 2021, had a shelf life of up to three months.

Now, nine months after some of the vaccines were first authorized, VERIFY viewer Tracey wants to know whether the COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are past their initial expiration dates.

THE QUESTION

Are some COVID-19 vaccine doses past their initial expiration date?

THE SOURCES

U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Pfizer-BioNTech

Johnson & Johnson

THE ANSWER

Yes, some COVID-19 vaccines are past their initial expiration date, but that doesn’t mean they’re unsafe. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/heal ... 670136ffd7
So based on information countries were throwing away good vaccines then?
What was that particular country's storage and handling record of each vaccine vial? Does it meet or exceed the requirements set by the OPM? We're there any deviations? Has new guidance been published based on OPM storage data submissions?

If the pharmaceutical company is portrayed as greedy and profit-driven, what is the incentive for the pharmaceutical company to give product that's already pad for a longer shelf life?

---------

"A vaccine's shelf life can be extended if stability assessment studies show that it remains potent for a longer time than was originally set."
The country in question is the USA who had to dispose of thousands of pfizer vaccines due to them being expired, my question if this is true bases on your information why were they not distributed to other countries that needed them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wltx.c ... 3e669b6b4c
You are attempting to make a different argument...

Donating doses isn't as easy as it sounds

It also seems difficult to understand why the soon-to-expire doses can't be sent to nations that don't have enough vaccines. But at the moment, a combination of red tape and logistical challenges have left states with no clear pathway to send the extra doses to countries that need them.

States can't just bypass the federal government and send their leftover doses to countries that need them, but federal officials should be able to give states permission to take this route, says Govind Persad, a professor at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.

Yet there are legitimate concerns about trying to retrieve doses and ensuring that all the conditions of storage and temperature are maintained, says Prashant Yadav, a senior fellow at the Center for Global Development and an expert on health care supply chains.

Aside from the logistics, moving these soon-to-expire doses is not only complex, Yadav says, but also runs up against some legal obstacles, including concerns among drugmakers about liability if their products cause harm in another country.

Persad says another barrier could be the contracts that the Trump administration signed with vaccine makers in which there appears to be some language restricting the use of vaccines abroad — although the contract language isn't fully public.

"Most of us have come to realize, once it's out in the states and particularly if it's been distributed to local communities, pulling it all back is kind of asking for some error or problem," says Dr. Marcus Plescia, chief medical officer for the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. "The only option is to get people to take it here."

States have already stopped asking for new deliveries — a move that at least assures the pool of unused doses isn't growing any larger, he says.

Meanwhile, the White House is purchasing and giving away doses. Last week, the Biden administration announced it had donated and shipped 110 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to more than 65 countries and plans to ship hundreds of millions more later this year and next. Those doses, however, have come from manufacturers and federal stockpiles, not from states that already have the doses in hand.

"Is there something different about the vaccine being in a state already, as opposed to coming directly from the stockpile?" Persad says. And it's also unclear why drug companies would want to sue if vaccines were used abroad, he says, "given that the basic sort of PR [public relations] of the suit would be we would rather these vaccines be thrown out in America than used to protect people overseas."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... nused-dose
Last edited by adnj on October 12th, 2021, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 12th, 2021, 2:59 pm

hover11 wrote:899 New Yorkers Got Expired Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccines, Must Get Re-Vaccinated


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... -dose/amp/
Nearly 900 people received expired COVID-19 vaccine doses at a vaccination site in Times Square this month, health officials said Tuesday.

The 899 people who received doses of the Pfizer vaccine at the former NFL Experience building in Times Square between June 5 and June 10 should schedule another Pfizer shot as soon as possible, the New York City Health Department said. These Pfizer vaccine shots were apparently left in the freezer too long.

The site on 7th Avenue between 47th and 48th streets was originally set up for Broadway workers, although now it’s open to all with no appointments necessary.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/8 ... e/3108084/

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 13th, 2021, 2:11 pm

MOH to meet to discuss third vaccine doses

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/moh-to-meet-to-d ... ine-doses/

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 13th, 2021, 2:52 pm

‘Mix and match' COVID Vaccine Boosters Are Effective, NIH Study Finds

The research will be presented on Friday to the Food and Drug Administration’s advisory committee as it reviews data on Moderna and J&J booster shots

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronav ... s/3321151/

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11836
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby redmanjp » October 13th, 2021, 4:13 pm

hover11 wrote:MOH to meet to discuss third vaccine doses

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/moh-to-meet-to-d ... ine-doses/


so CMO finally admitting that the sinopharm wasn't as effective for older ppl unless u give a 3rd shot, which is not a booster.


MOH to meet to discuss third vaccine doses
Rishard Khan

rishard.khan@guardian.co.tt

The Ministry of Health’s Technical Advisory Group (TAG) will meet next week to discuss implementing third doses of COVID-19 vaccines under certain conditions as recommended by the World Health Organisation’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (WHO SAGE) on Immunisation earlier this week.
Responding to a question by Guardian Media during a virtual press conference on Wednesday, Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram indicated the ministry was awaiting further technical details from SAGE but its TAG will be meeting to explore the implementation of the advice into the local vaccination framework.

According to the United Nations’ website, the WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on Immunisation recommended a third shot for people aged 60 and older who received the Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines. It also recommends that moderately and severely immunocompromised people should be offered an additional dose of all WHO-approved vaccines.

“These individuals are less likely to respond adequately to vaccination following a standard primary vaccine series and are at high risk of severe COVID-19 disease,” it said.

A final report from the group is expected to be released in December. Dr Parasram clarified that SAGE’s recommendation is for a third dose to be administered- not a “booster”.

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 13th, 2021, 4:47 pm

redmanjp wrote:so CMO finally admitting that the sinopharm wasn't as effective for older ppl unless u give a 3rd shot, which is not a booster.


The announcement was made on Monday by the WHO. It is highly doubtful that the CMO is doing anything other than following WHO recommendations to the letter.

---------

SAGE said moderately and severely immunocompromised persons should be offered an additional dose of all WHO approved vaccines “since these individuals are less likely to respond adequately to vaccination following a standard primary vaccine series and are at high risk of severe COVID-19 disease.” 

People aged 60 and older who received the Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines should get a third dose too, the experts added, though use of other vaccines may also be considered depending on supply and access. 

“When implementing this recommendation, countries should initially aim at maximizing 2-dose coverage in that population, and thereafter administer the third dose, starting in the oldest age groups”, they said. 


https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/10/1102732

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11836
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby redmanjp » October 13th, 2021, 6:58 pm

yes they are following WHO guidelines but this was known months ago about the sinopharm vaccine. will have to let my grandmother know to get her 3rd shot.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 19585
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby K74T » October 16th, 2021, 7:44 pm

FB_IMG_1634427707222.jpg

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 7:48 pm

What happen to security footage of where this was stored isn't there any, how convenient....3rd world country forever yes

User avatar
DMan7
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1270
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 5:17 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby DMan7 » October 16th, 2021, 7:50 pm

Hoover you didn't have to swipe the vaccine and take it in private, nobody would come down on you if you decide to take it in public.

adnj
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5376
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 16th, 2021, 8:09 pm

hover11 wrote:What happen to security footage of where this was stored isn't there any, how convenient....3rd world country forever yes
Image

User avatar
hover11
punchin NOS
Posts: 3766
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 8:15 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:What happen to security footage of where this was stored isn't there any, how convenient....3rd world country forever yes
Image
How is that criticizing , I am asking a valid question

User avatar
st7
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2201
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 1:13 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby st7 » October 16th, 2021, 8:26 pm

3rd world country forever yes

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS
Posts: 2841
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby Ben_spanna » October 18th, 2021, 8:06 am

Why would anyone STEAL something thats beign given away for free, and they also cannot keep it properly refrigerated ! makes no sense, antivaxxers collaborating to steal vaccines so that they wont be any avaiable???

User avatar
eitech
punchin NOS
Posts: 3439
Joined: November 11th, 2006, 10:03 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby eitech » October 18th, 2021, 9:09 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Why would anyone STEAL something thats beign given away for free, and they also cannot keep it properly refrigerated ! makes no sense, antivaxxers collaborating to steal vaccines so that they wont be any avaiable???


Such a narrow minded point of view. Anyone will do what they must to push an agenda. Antivaxxers could have stolen it just as you said. Vaxxers could have jus to have the blame put back onto the antivaxxers. Either way its one group that gets blamed. Crime needs only one reason and thats the one the perpetrator supports

User avatar
st7
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2201
Joined: October 23rd, 2006, 1:13 am

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby st7 » October 18th, 2021, 9:59 am

why would vaxxers want to blame on antivaxxers for something? seems like a waste of time for vaxxers to do that.

antivaxxers go all out trying to pick apart any and everything while vaxxers just lay back and go about life as normal

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dohplaydat, Google Adsense [Bot] and 53 guests