TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 22nd, 2021, 12:58 pm

No sinopharm :|
Attachments
IMG-20210622-WA0005.jpg

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 22nd, 2021, 1:01 pm

Habit7 wrote:Seeing that Sinopharm full vaccination is not being recognised by Canada and Europe. Is it possible to take Sinopharm now and take one of the big shot vaccines soon after when they are available?
https://tt.loopnews.com/content/canada- ... ers-july-5

Bahrain is doing some stuff with giving folks a dose of Pfizer (as a "booster") after full Sinopharm vaxx. But I don't know if that will be formally made into a study, to give any safety/efficacy guidelines that the rest of us can use.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 22nd, 2021, 1:08 pm

to the vulnerable population: take what you can get right now. COVID running wild and killing out people in Trinidad.

to those still waiting on becoming eligible for a vaccine: all this data and research is making you safer. Embrace it, the more rare side-effects we discover, the more well-researched and safer the vaccines in the future.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 22nd, 2021, 1:12 pm

Question, should we be mixing vaccines like that , do we mix pills when treating serious medical conditions ?
paid_influencer wrote:
Habit7 wrote:Seeing that Sinopharm full vaccination is not being recognised by Canada and Europe. Is it possible to take Sinopharm now and take one of the big shot vaccines soon after when they are available?

Bahrain is doing some stuff with giving folks a dose of Pfizer (as a "booster") after full Sinopharm vaxx. But I don't know if that will be formally made into a study, to give any safety/efficacy guidelines that the rest of us can use.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 22nd, 2021, 1:13 pm

https://abcn.ws/3qgOLou
Basically a quarter of young adults in America said they will not vaccinate....thats a large portion of ppl

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 22nd, 2021, 2:28 pm

Fitting for more than 1 thread
Attachments
IMG-20210622-WA0091.jpg

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 22nd, 2021, 2:31 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Fitting for more than 1 thread
Ian fan......

i_code_and_stuff
Street 2NR

Postby i_code_and_stuff » June 22nd, 2021, 2:54 pm

What the person who posted that doesn't understand is that money is not the issue. We can afford vaccines, it's just that no one is willing to even give us an avenue to buy, except china, and it looks like the gov is realizing that relying on the chinese vaccines for mass vaccination is probably not a good idea

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » June 22nd, 2021, 3:03 pm

The last paragraph is the most important.

There may be trouble ahead as dangerous Covid-19 variant appears to cause hospitalization spike in a Missouri city

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/22/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

By Madeline Holcombe, CNN
Updated 1:18 PM EDT, Tue June 22, 2021

(CNN) Health officials are pouring their effort into convincing those still hesitant to get vaccinated against Covid-19, but none of the strategies appear to be a "Hail Mary pass" to get the US to reach President Joe Biden's vaccination goal and curb spreading variants.

"I just don't know if there's something out there that we're not doing that for sure will get us over the score line," Dr. Marcus Plescia, the chief medical officer at the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, told CNN. "That's the problem -- we're doing all the things that we know can be effective, but it's just allowing us to maintain this steady state, when what we really need to do is bump the demand back up."

Biden set a goal earlier this year for 70% of American adults to have received at least one dose of vaccine by July 4. Although the country is getting close, with 65.4% of adults having received at least one dose, demand and vaccination rates have declined, leaving experts to worry if enough of the population will be vaccinated in time to curb fall and winter surges.

Low vaccination rates are dangerous when combined with the spread of variants such as Delta, which is believed to be more transmissible and cause more serious illness. Steve Edwards, CEO of CoxHealth, a healthcare system in Springfield, Missouri, told CNN the combination is to blame for a six-fold increase in hospitalizations in his system.

"I think it is the Delta variant and there is a lot of kindling with low vaccination rates, so it's spreading very rapidly," Edwards said. "Almost all of our cases are unvaccinated people that, in my opinion, have put themselves in harm's way during this pandemic."

Fortunately, Plescia said, there are tactics underway to encourage vaccinations that have seen success.

Some states, such as Colorado, are making a final push by calling unvaccinated people directly to provide them with information and help schedule appointments. Incentives -- from the big ones like million-dollar lotteries to free tickets to the zoo or food coupons -- have also worked, Plescia said.

A strategy Plescia and other experts have supported recently is a transition from mass vaccination efforts to local provider's offices -- a plan that moves slowly but can be effective, he said.

"We do anticipate that this is going to be an important function of public health for quite some time," Plescia said.

Young adults fall behind in vaccinations

Many officials have turned their vaccination attention to young adults -- a population that is low in both vaccination rates and the desire to be vaccinated, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studies show.

"High vaccination coverage among all age groups is important for decreasing COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, especially among groups with lower vaccination uptake, such as young adults," the authors of a study published Monday wrote.

If the weekly pace of vaccinations continues at the rate from the week of May 22, only 57.5% of adults under the age of 30 will have received at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine by the end of August.

More than 71% of those between 30 and 49 years would have been vaccinated with at least one dose by the same time, as well as nearly 86% of adults 50 to 64 years old and nearly 95% of seniors 65 and older, the study found.

Only about half of adults under the age of 30 said they had been vaccinated or plan to get vaccinated, another CDC study found, less than those between 30 and 34 years (55%) and those 35 to 39 years (53%).

The authors of the study said that "a desire to protect others and resume social activities were motivators to get vaccinated, suggesting that messages emphasizing that vaccination would allow them to resume social activities and encouraging vaccination for the greater good might be effective."

Celebrations still risk infections, study finds

Along with increasing vaccinations have come more reopenings and social gatherings, including weddings and birthday and holiday celebrations.

In many places, the reopenings have not inhibited progress on combating the pandemic. On Monday, Maryland reported no Covid-19 deaths for the second day in a row and Virginia reached the milestone of having 60% of adults in the state fully vaccinated.

But in counties that still have high Covid-19 rates, those celebrations could spark increased virus spread, according to research published in JAMA Internal Medicine on Monday.

Researchers used private insurance data from 6,535,987 individuals living in 2,926,530 households between January 1 and November 8, 2020. They compared Covid-19 infections between households with and without a birthday in the previous two weeks, adjusting for household size.

They found that households were more likely to have confirmed Covid-19 cases two weeks after a birthday. The risk was even higher when the birthday was for a child, the study reported.

While informal gatherings can impact the spread of Covid-19, they are harder to track than more formal occasions. The team says birthdays, which are often celebrated with gatherings, offer the opportunity to study their impact on the spread of Covid-19.

"This study suggests that events that lead to small and informal social gatherings, such as birthdays, and in particular, children's birthdays, are a potentially important source in SARS-CoV-2 transmission," the team wrote.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 22nd, 2021, 3:06 pm

yeah everybody gathered round the cake and blowing out the candles is super spreader

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 22nd, 2021, 3:31 pm

Well I guess once it is on FB, then it must be true?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » June 22nd, 2021, 4:08 pm

Maybe he got it via email? anan@gmail.com is the sender?
Habit7 wrote:

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 22nd, 2021, 4:17 pm

As much as I am a proponent of vaccinations as one of our best options out of C19, this article shows we can't keep our guards down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/busi ... ve_YM6QhY4

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 22nd, 2021, 6:51 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Love to hear the die hards...I find yuh quiet about canada's policy towards the only vaccine we seem to be feeding our country...but hey, once it on the net it fake...owing China till die kingdom come...playing friends with Maduro...really think murica wanna hear about you???

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » June 22nd, 2021, 6:57 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:No sinopharm :|

Nobody wants this sheit but we taking loans in US dollars from China to buy their vaccine.
When trinis starting getting blanked from entering countries and dying from COVID due to this Sinopharm garbage vaccine that we pay top dollar for then we will be the laughing stock of the world.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » June 22nd, 2021, 6:58 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:As much as I am a proponent of vaccinations as one of our best options out of C19, this article shows we can't keep our guards down.

Honestly, this is only a problem with the Chinese vaccines, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca even Sputnik have had more better real world performance.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » June 22nd, 2021, 6:58 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:No sinopharm :|

Nobody wants this sheit but we taking loans in US dollars from China to buy their vaccine.
When trinis starting getting blanked from entering countries and dying from COVID due to this Sinopharm garbage vaccine that we pay top dollar for then we will be the laughing stock of the world.

Isn't it funny how Sinopharm literally costs 4 times more than AstraZeneca

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 22nd, 2021, 7:53 pm

When it on the net...it fake

But we poor
Attachments
IMG-20210622-WA0130.jpg

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 22nd, 2021, 8:09 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:As much as I am a proponent of vaccinations as one of our best options out of C19, this article shows we can't keep our guards down.

from that article,

"A representative from Sinopharm hung up the phone when reached for comment. "

:drinking:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 22nd, 2021, 8:13 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Love to hear the die hards...I find yuh quiet about canada's policy towards the only vaccine we seem to be feeding our country...but hey, once it on the net it fake...owing China till die kingdom come...playing friends with Maduro...really think murica wanna hear about you???

I went back in time and wrote this just for you

viewtopic.php?p=10177610#p10177610

So we must die and perpetually suffer with covid-19 until the rich sort out how much vaccine crumbs they want to have fall from the table? BTW don't believe the sanction hype, both Biden and Harris have no problem picking up the phone and calling Keith.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 22nd, 2021, 8:17 pm

doubt there will be any issue with taking diff mfg jab down the road

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 22nd, 2021, 8:35 pm

yea that NYT article is a real hit piece on the Chinese vaxx. I don't know why, but Western media seems to love relishing the lower efficiacy of Sinopharm. Whether this is due to politics, narrative agenda or plain ignorance I do not know.

Look at this lead in from the NYT:

Israel provided shots from Pfizer and has the second-highest vaccination rate in the world, after the Seychelles. The number of new daily confirmed Covid-19 cases per million in Israel is now around 4.95.

In the Seychelles, which relied mostly on Sinopharm, that number is more than 716 cases per million.

now that's not fair. What does the shape of the bottle or the brand name have to do with it?

they go on..

Disparities such as these could create a world in which three types of countries emerge from the pandemic — the wealthy nations that used their resources to secure Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna shots, the poorer countries that are far away from immunizing a majority of citizens, and then those that are fully inoculated but only partly protected.

China, as well as the more than 90 nations that have received the Chinese shots, may end up in the third group, contending with rolling lockdowns, testing and limits on day-to-day life for months or years to come. Economies could remain held back. And as more citizens question the efficacy of Chinese doses, persuading unvaccinated people to line up for shots may also become more difficult.

well if that's the future so be it. There's not much we can do about it unless Kamala comes to save us.

One month after receiving his second dose of Sinopharm, Otgonjargal Baatar fell ill and tested positive for Covid-19. Mr. Otgonjargal, a 31-year-old miner, spent nine days in a hospital in Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. He said he was now questioning the usefulness of the shot.

“People were convinced that if we were vaccinated, the summer will be free of Covid,” he said. “Now it turns out that it’s not true.”

more propaganda. everyone knows that man could have dead out if he didn't get vaxxed.

again on the article more bunk:

The Chinese companies have not released much clinical data to show how their vaccines work at preventing transmission. On Monday, Shao Yiming, an epidemiologist with the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said China needed to fully vaccinate 80 to 85 percent of its population to achieve herd immunity, revising a previous official estimate of 70 percent.

well there it is, we just need 85% of the population vaxxed with the Chinese vaccines. But we cannot do that if there is continued misinformation from the NYT and western media. I ask everyone to stop reading these articles in the international media.

William Schaffner, medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University, said the efficacy rates of Chinese shots could be low enough “to sustain some transmission, as well as create illness of a substantial amount in the highly vaccinated population, even though it keeps people largely out of the hospital.”

finally a balanced line, but buried more than 3/4 way down the article.

but more BS again

Nikolai Petrovsky, a professor at the College of Medicine and Public Health at Flinders University in Australia, said that with all of the evidence, it would be reasonable to assume the Sinopharm vaccine had minimal effect on curbing transmission. A major risk with the Chinese inoculation is that vaccinated people may have few or no symptoms and still spread the virus to others, he said.

“I think that this complexity has been lost on most decision makers around the world.”

steups

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 22nd, 2021, 10:08 pm

seems sh!tkicker got us lumped in with a certain 'kinda' country.
all their vaccine talk, since 2020 with covax and money spent out... but vaccines like rain in dry season.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 22nd, 2021, 10:12 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:When it on the net...it fake

But we poor

We classed with Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Uganda.... wow the PNM has taken Trinidad to a new low. Great is the shithole...

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 22nd, 2021, 10:45 pm

Gladiator wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:When it on the net...it fake

But we poor

We classed with Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Uganda.... wow the PNM has taken Trinidad to a new low. Great is the shithole...

PNM supporters publicly saying only UNC supporters suffering.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 23rd, 2021, 12:01 am

wow... and we done talking about the mother of all carnivals in 2022.

I hope we don't end up like those examples, T&T seems to get away from a lot.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 23rd, 2021, 12:11 am

There was a time Jamaica was at 4% and we had less than 1% vaccinated. Jamaica is at 5% for a month now and we are almost at 13%. Jamaica has essentially run out of vaccines. https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/new ... d-two-days

Guyana put their trust in Sputnik and vaccinated a very large portion of their population, But now Russia is having a spike and they can't send the 2nd doses needed by Guyana for full vaccination of many. https://dpi.gov.gy/delay-in-sputnik-v-a ... r-anthony/

This ain't no fun and games, this is T&T vs the World.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 23rd, 2021, 12:46 am

Habit7 wrote:There was a time Jamaica was at 4% and we had less than 1% vaccinated. Jamaica is at 5% for a month now and we are almost at 13%. Jamaica has essentially run out of vaccines. https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/new ... d-two-days

Guyana put their trust in Sputnik and vaccinated a very large portion of their population, But now Russia is having a spike and they can't send the 2nd doses needed by Guyana for full vaccination of many. https://dpi.gov.gy/delay-in-sputnik-v-a ... r-anthony/

The world isn't against Trinidad but the PNM is.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 23rd, 2021, 6:12 am

I can't believe ppl actually trusted that Russian vaccine
Habit7 wrote:There was a time Jamaica was at 4% and we had less than 1% vaccinated. Jamaica is at 5% for a month now and we are almost at 13%. Jamaica has essentially run out of vaccines. https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/new ... d-two-days

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 23rd, 2021, 7:33 am

hover11 wrote:I can't believe ppl actually trusted that Russian vaccine

We trust sinopharm too...tek ah read

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/busi ... break.html

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”