TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby Dohplaydat » May 11th, 2021, 2:34 pm

I'm glad we're finally getting vaccines, but the situation in Seychelles with Sinopharm is certainly worrying.

At this point it's hard to know how effective Sinopharm will be against the P1 strain. This isn't meant to turn anyone against getting it, but just know in future you would need a more effective vaccine. This is simply the only option we have so take it.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 2.28.53 pm.png
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 2.28.40 pm.png
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 2.28.30 pm.png

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 11th, 2021, 2:43 pm

1/ Seychelles is just 98,000 ppl, a very small sample size
2/ 60% were vaccinated in total, 18-60 year old with Sinopharm and 60+ with AZ
3/ Hospitalised 18-60 were 80% unvaccinated
4/ No fully vaccinated person has died.

I think this Seychelles is being dragged out without looking at the finer details.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 11th, 2021, 2:55 pm

20% hospitalized despite being vaccinated is still significant. is one thing u getting infected after fully vaxxed but hospitalized? that mean very little protection except from maybe death itself.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 11th, 2021, 2:57 pm

Habit7 wrote:1/ Seychelles is just 98,000 ppl, a very small sample size
2/ 60% were vaccinated in total, 18-60 year old with Sinopharm and 60+ with AZ
3/ Hospitalised 18-60 were 80% unvaccinated
4/ No fully vaccinated person has died.

I think this Seychelles is being dragged out without looking at the finer details.

I have looked at those details which is why I still recommend we take it. I'm just saying this vaccine definitely does not seem to reduce spread, it just seems to reduce severity.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 11th, 2021, 3:00 pm

Compare Seychelles to Isreal who used Pfizer. Isreal did have a bad outbreak at a similar time, so it's a bit too early to use Seychelles to judge efficacy yet.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 2.58.20 pm.png
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 2.58.08 pm.png
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 2.57.54 pm.png

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » May 11th, 2021, 3:02 pm

watch meh, d finance minister said that the govt going to purchase 1.5 million doses for 1.4 million locals so just now everyman will get a vaccine and life back to normal. great is the PNM, Great is uncle colm.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 11th, 2021, 3:10 pm

daring dragoon wrote:watch meh, d finance minister said that the govt going to purchase 1.5 million doses for 1.4 million locals so just now everyman will get a vaccine and life back to normal. great is the PNM, Great is uncle colm.

you need 2 doses, 1.5m doses are for 750k ppl

sucre251
Street 2NR

Postby sucre251 » May 11th, 2021, 5:18 pm

redmanjp read this carefully because you, the news and most of the general public misunderstand how vaccines work and therefore are spreading mistrust and rumors about vaccines. Vaccines mostly prevents persons from becoming severely ill compared to not getting a vaccine at all. It can greatly reduce the viral load that can be transmitted from one person to another. Think carefully about what vaccines do. It's not a Star Wars force shield that protects a person's body against a virus entering. The virus still enters and still causes an immune response, but the body is reminded that it has encountered something like it before and can create antibodies to fight it easier than someone who hadn't got vaccinated. Keep thinking carefully about how it works. You can still get a bit sick, but you recover faster because specific antibodies are created faster to destroy an intruder and infected cells. By the time antibody production kicks in a vaccinated person, a couple hundred or thousand cells are already infected and attempted to replicate and spread. A person who is vaccinated can still feel a bit sick because of those corrupted cells, they can still cough and spread the virus if it's airborne. But they won't get severely ill because the immune system can get the production line running faster and more efficiently than someone without a vaccine who will get overwhelmed by the replication rate of the virus. If they do cough on someone, the possible viral load is going to be very small before the body eliminates the sick cells and virus from the infected person. Remember viruses have evolved to be transmitted very effectively through vector mechanisms, like deliberately targeting sites within the nose or lungs to infect and spread for rhinoviruses and flu viruses. Therefore while someone is vaccinated, while the immune response is still activating, those sites and mechanisms of infection are still going to be active and can still spread the virus if it's airborne with a simple cough.

The Sinopharm vaccine works, just like the AZ, Pfizer and Moderna, etc. despite its varying mechanisms of action. It stops persons from getting severely ill. They can still get sick and will still be spreading the virus. But they generally don't end up in a hospital bed. They can get a fever and ride it out at home with some OTC medication. Variants of the Covid virus present a new problem, but a vaccine is still more effective compared to none. The body will still have an immune response compared to someone who did not get vaccinated. The variants however can have different mechanisms as we are seeing all over the world, and may require 2 additional booster shots in some people whose immune system don't respond to these new viral adaptations (see UAE study on requiring 3 shots of Sinopharm for a small percent of the population). Mostly, the variants have exchanged a few amino acid sites within protein spikes to create strong bonding at hACE2 sites. This would make transmission 2 to 5 times higher. That's why the variants are deadlier. A variant can still infect a vaccinated person and has stronger affinity to infection sites, but the replication still depends on your own cells. Some variants have caused decreased recognition of the immune system of a previously encountered strain. This is why the booster shots are necessary to keep the body primed and ready for rapid response.

Let's take the flu to highlight what i am trying to explain about how vaccines work:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/vaccine-benefits.htm
[⋮]Flu vaccination can reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalization for children, working age adults, and older adults.

[⋮]Flu vaccination is an important preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions.

[⋮]Flu vaccination has been shown in several studies to reduce severity of illness in people who get vaccinated but still get sick.

[⋮]Flu vaccine can be lifesaving in children. Flu vaccination can significantly reduce a child’s risk of dying from flu.

Take the vaccine, and take whatever you can get now. Don't wait for another preferred manufacturer because of the things you're hearing in the news about percentages and efficacy. Take the vaccine that is available now. Then take the booster shots when the manufacturer says its time for it. Next year you can take the Pfizer or whatever else as you want to prefer when its available. Take the Sinopharm now if it's available now because you may be dead by the time you think you will be ready for the when Moderna or AZ supplies ever arrive.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 11th, 2021, 6:23 pm

^yes i get all of that, i just want to see more data on it. i suppose i will have no choice but to take it now as we doh know when pfizer or more AZ coming for 1st doses. unless there are still a few sites giving AZ that i could hang around in case someone miss their appointment? preferably east/west corridor.

i passed by the one in the savannah but a vendor there tell me they didn't have anything today.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 11th, 2021, 10:17 pm

again, 98k is a small sample size.
1.4m trini+ 0.12m vene is a better test case

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 12th, 2021, 12:13 am

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » May 12th, 2021, 12:48 am

I did a quick google search but these vaccines aren't available for purchase online right? Wonder how long till it'll be commercially available. I'm sure the chinese markets probably selling bogus vaccines lol

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » May 12th, 2021, 12:53 am

Good info, the final page is a bit worrying though.

Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 12.52.30 am.png

Maybe we should adopt a strategy of AZ for over 60, Sinopharm for under 60.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 12th, 2021, 9:13 am

Any updates on the local rollout? I used the WhatsApp number a few days ago and nada

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 12th, 2021, 9:30 am

they seem silent on the rollout

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 12th, 2021, 10:26 am

Devourment wrote:

under 60 only with no NCDs, basically young and healthy- the main reason to give it to this group is herd immunity, but it won't prevent most hospitalizations if older ppl don't get it and there isn't another vaccine available for them.

but when next we getting AZ? i think next month is the final batch and that's only 33000?

all this uncertainty in acquiring a large enough amount of vaccines yet health minister say herd immunity in 6-7 months :roll:
Last edited by redmanjp on May 12th, 2021, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 12th, 2021, 10:31 am

All of this could have been avoided if the red government was proactive in dealing with covid.

Citizens have to die before the red government got off their arse rather than stealing HSF to give to the 1%

Take more bull

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 12th, 2021, 10:44 am

redmanjp wrote:
Devourment wrote:

under 60 only with no NCDs, basically young and healthy- the main reason to give it to this group is herd immunity, but it won't prevent most hospitalizations if older ppl don't get it and there isn't another vaccine available for them.

but when next we getting AZ? i think next month is the final batch and that's only 33000?

all this uncertainty in acquiring a large enough amount of vaccines yet health minister say herd immunity in 6-7 months :roll:

We could get herd-immunity 6-7mths with the 1.5M Sinopharm we are ordering. They won't all come at once because some will expire.

Ppl were complaining for AZ, AZ came and they start to complain about blood clots
The WHO approve Sinopharm, ppl acting like they consulted PNM to get it approved and to help China

IDK about you but I want this to be over. If you always eating Chinese food but can't trust a Chinese vaccine made by the most popular and safe way we have been making vaccines which is with deactivated virus, then you like the pandemic and you don't want it to be over.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 12th, 2021, 11:35 am

Also keep in mind that the vaccine protects you for 8-9 months according to what I read on the ministry of health website. So what is going to be the situation next year? Is the government going to be able to purchase vaccines again?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 12th, 2021, 11:49 am

zoom rader wrote:All of this could have been avoided if the red government was proactive in dealing with covid.

Citizens have to die before the red government got off their arse rather than stealing HSF to give to the 1%

Take more bull

For a year now many have been WFH.
Closed borders.
Creation of parallel health system.
Daily bulletins and frequent press conferences.
Monetary grants made possible.
Schools have been online.
Legislation put in place to assist with social distancing and essential businesses.
Cracking down on zesser/wesser parties.
Joined COVAX.

The only real missteps was the Easter weekend fiasco, inability to secure the borders from illegals and not requesting vaccine donations from India like the other Caribbean nations.

Election campaigns happened on both sides, and the porous borders are due to Trinis illegally trafficking.

What more do you want?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 12th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Habit7 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Devourment wrote:

We could get herd-immunity 6-7mths with the 1.5M Sinopharm we are ordering. They won't all come at once because some will expire.

Ppl were complaining for AZ, AZ came and they start to complain about blood clots
The WHO approve Sinopharm, ppl acting like they consulted PNM to get it approved and to help China

IDK about you but I want this to be over. If you always eating Chinese food but can't trust a Chinese vaccine made by the most popular and safe way we have been making vaccines which is with deactivated virus, then you like the pandemic and you don't want it to be over.

Habit7,

I'm fully on board with getting any vaccine once safe. Even if it's Sinopharm, we need this to be over.

That said, I'm quite skeptical of their data and the effectiveness of it when compared to other vaccines.

I mean if you trust Chinese Covid data then fine....but let's be real.
Screenshot_20210512_120605.jpg

However, any vaccine that can at least prevent hospitalisations is good.

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » May 14th, 2021, 9:51 am

First real world data out of Italy. Based on 37,000 vaccinated people. One dose of Oxford-Astra Zeneca has 99% efficacy against severe disease/hospitalization, and 100% efficacy against death (only 1 vaccinated person died and was 96 years old).

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/ ... 300820163/

When my workplace was vaccinating it's employees with O-AZ a few months ago we had around a 40% refusal rate because some were scared of the "getting struck by lightning" odds of developing a blood clot. They're regretting that decision now...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 9:59 am

teems1 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:All of this could have been avoided if the red government was proactive in dealing with covid.

Take more bull

For a year now many have been WFH.
Closed borders.
Creation of parallel health system.
Daily bulletins and frequent press conferences.
Monetary grants made possible.
Schools have been online.
Legislation put in place to assist with social distancing and essential businesses.
Cracking down on zesser/wesser parties.
Joined COVAX.

The only real missteps was the Easter weekend fiasco, inability to secure the borders from illegals and not requesting vaccine donations from India like the other Caribbean nations.

Election campaigns happened on both sides, and the porous borders are due to Trinis illegally trafficking.

What more do you want?
Total fu*king bull5hit coming from you.

If the government was really concerned we should have been in total and extended lockdown with mass testing to isolate those infected. This should have happened in Carnival.
Elections should have been postponed until we know we are safe.

All those monies never reached the small man, it went straight into 1% hands who did nothing but secure themselves.

Look were we are now, a laughing stock of the Carri-con banana Republics

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 14th, 2021, 10:05 am

I'm wondering if to wait on the WhatsApp response from SWRHA or if to try a call in at another RHA

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 14th, 2021, 10:21 am

BUG wrote:First real world data out of Italy. Based on 37,000 vaccinated people. One dose of Oxford-Astra Zeneca has 99% efficacy against severe disease/hospitalization, and 100% efficacy against death (only 1 vaccinated person died and was 96 years old).

When my workplace was vaccinating it's employees with O-AZ a few months ago we had around a 40% refusal rate because some were scared of the "getting struck by lightning" odds of developing a blood clot. They're regretting that decision now...

Great news, meanwhile Sinopharm's real world efficacy is reportedly 50%.

https://www.africanews.com/2021/05/14/s ... s-experts/

At least Sinopharm is preventing hospitalisations, but using this vaccine delays our recovery.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 14th, 2021, 10:30 am

Some ppl whatsapp status who I do business in China.. Saw this yesterday evening to this morning
Screenshot_20210514_102756.jpeg
Screenshot_20210514_102805.jpeg
Screenshot_20210514_102822.jpeg
Screenshot_20210514_102743.jpeg

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 14th, 2021, 10:37 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
BUG wrote:First real world data out of Italy. Based on 37,000 vaccinated people. One dose of Oxford-Astra Zeneca has 99% efficacy against severe disease/hospitalization, and 100% efficacy against death (only 1 vaccinated person died and was 96 years old).

At least Sinopharm is preventing hospitalisations, but using this vaccine delays our recovery.

Sinopharm is certainly not the most effective but it is sufficient to reduce our deaths. It utilises the more rudimentary way of creating a vaccine which doesn't make it as effective as the gene therapy vaccines but there is also less chance of bad side effects. As I said before Seychelles is a very small sample size to extrapolate but the article has better explanation than what is suggested by the headline.

Dr Jude Gedeon, the nation's public health commissioner addressed the public.
"We are however registering some positive cases, about one-third of positive cases are among people who have been vaccinated with the two doses. But this group of people tend to not have any symptoms, they were tested because they were contacts, or they have mild symptoms. "

Among those who have received two vaccine doses to date, 57% were Sinopharm and 43% Covishield AstraZeneca.
It is unclear exactly which vaccine was administered to fully immunized individuals who have since tested positive for coronavirus.Dr Jude Gedeon elaborated on the situation.

"So far of all the active cases that we have, almost all are Seychellois, 85%. We do have however 15% of people who are active, active cases who are foreigners, they are either GOB holders, or visitors. "
According to the nation's health ministry, of the patients requiring hospital treatment, 80% had not been vaccinated and tended to be people with co-morbidities.

So Seychellois were almost equally vaccinated with Sinopharm and AZ but it seems like only Sinopharm getting the blame.

Nevertheless, it would still be an improvement over what we currently have and we can't be waiting forever for Pfizer, Moderna and J&J to allow some crumbs to fall off the table to sell us vaccines.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 11:21 am

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Sinopharm is certainly not the most effective but it is sufficient to reduce our deaths. It utilises the more rudimentary way of creating a vaccine which doesn't make it as effective as the gene therapy vaccines but there is also less chance of bad side effects. As I said before Seychelles is a very small sample size to extrapolate but the article has better explanation than what is suggested by the headline.

Dr Jude Gedeon, the nation's public health commissioner addressed the public.
"We are however registering some positive cases, about one-third of positive cases are among people who have been vaccinated with the two doses. But this group of people tend to not have any symptoms, they were tested because they were contacts, or they have mild symptoms. "

Among those who have received two vaccine doses to date, 57% were Sinopharm and 43% Covishield AstraZeneca.
It is unclear exactly which vaccine was administered to fully immunized individuals who have since tested positive for coronavirus.Dr Jude Gedeon elaborated on the situation.

"So far of all the active cases that we have, almost all are Seychellois, 85%. We do have however 15% of people who are active, active cases who are foreigners, they are either GOB holders, or visitors. "
According to the nation's health ministry, of the patients requiring hospital treatment, 80% had not been vaccinated and tended to be people with co-morbidities.

So Seychellois were almost equally vaccinated with Sinopharm and AZ but it seems like only Sinopharm getting the blame.

Nevertheless, it would still be an improvement over what we currently have and we can't be waiting forever for Pfizer, Moderna and J&J to allow some crumbs to fall off the table to sell us vaccines.
All of this could have been avoided if the red government was very proactive.

We have to wait while the government pu55y foots while people have died.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 14th, 2021, 11:33 am

but 20% of hospitalized ppl being vaccinated is still concerning. infection is one thing but for severe illness that requiring hospitalization, that is too much. we going to definitely need a booster from another shot next year. not just for better protection but to get to herd immunity.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”