TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 17th, 2020, 10:22 am

Mods, I thought this deserved a separate thread - apart from the BS / old talk in the trinidad covid stats.
If you need to merge - fix up.

The NY Times has an interactive COVID-19 Vaccine tracker with updates.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... 1aDkfaew_M

Some notes on Vaccine testing

PRECLINICAL TESTING: Scientists give the vaccine to animals such as mice or monkeys to see if it produces an immune response.

PHASE 1 SAFETY TRIALS: Scientists give the vaccine to a small number of people to test safety and dosage as well as to confirm that it stimulates the immune system.

PHASE 2 EXPANDED TRIALS: Scientists give the vaccine to hundreds of people split into groups, such as children and the elderly, to see if the vaccine acts differently in them. These trials further test the vaccine’s safety and ability to stimulate the immune system.

PHASE 3 EFFICACY TRIALS: Scientists give the vaccine to thousands of people and wait to see how many become infected, compared with volunteers who received a placebo. These trials can determine if the vaccine protects against the coronavirus. In June, the F.D.A. said that a coronavirus vaccine would have to protect at least 50% of vaccinated people to be considered effective. In addition, Phase 3 trials are large enough to reveal evidence of relatively rare side effects that might be missed in earlier studies.

APPROVED: Regulators in each country review the trial results and decide whether to approve the vaccine or not. During a pandemic, a vaccine may receive emergency use authorization before getting formal approval. Once a vaccine is licensed, researchers continue to monitor people who receive it to make sure it’s safe and effective.

COMBINED PHASES: Another way to accelerate vaccine development is to combine phases. Some coronavirus vaccines are now in Phase 1/2 trials, for example, in which they are tested for the first time on hundreds of people. (Note that our tracker would count a combined Phase 1/2 trial as both Phase 1 and Phase 2.)
Last edited by VexXx Dogg on July 14th, 2021, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 17th, 2020, 10:22 am

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 17th, 2020, 10:24 am

The CansinBio trial is moving ahead in Saudi Arabia
(Approved fo limited use)
https://www.arabnews.com/node/1717041/saudi-arabia

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 17th, 2020, 10:30 am

Pfizer-BioNTech also making progress
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... andidate-0

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 17th, 2020, 10:33 am

imagine the mad kick and stab to get vaccine when it reach here
Best Keith prep the army and station them by every health centre

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 17th, 2020, 1:04 pm

MG Man wrote:imagine the mad kick and stab to get vaccine when it reach here

one better
how much you wanna bet that when a vaccine is officially approved & released that proof of vaccination is going to become a mandatory requirement for entry when yuh land in murica?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm

I can't wait for anti-vix kick back from all these idiots on facebook.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 17th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:I can't wait for anti-vix kick back from all these idiots on facebook.
USA surveys already show more than 30% refusing a vaccine.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 17th, 2020, 2:12 pm

88sins wrote:
MG Man wrote:imagine the mad kick and stab to get vaccine when it reach here

one better
how much you wanna bet that when a vaccine is officially approved & released that proof of vaccination is going to become a mandatory requirement for entry when yuh land in murica?

should be mandatory to land here

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 17th, 2020, 3:38 pm

i wonder how it would work when ppl start getting it in terms of getting access to not just on flights but everywhere- going into stores, restaurants, etc. i.e. if u have a certificate of vaccination u can enter without a mask, but if not u still have to wear one.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 17th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Nah, that won't happen. Because being vaccinated against a disease doesn't give a 100 percent guarantee that you can't get it after you are vaccinated.
Say you get vaccinated in December, and studies show your body supposedly should still be producing antibodies for a year, but you do a titre test in June and see zero antibodies in your blood. So you now thinking you covered and go in the people store without a mask, but you meet an infected person there and contract the virus from them. Or you have a high viral load but you asymptomatic, and go in the people store and infect others unknowingly, while you and them thinking you can't have it because you were vaccinated.

One way to make sure you always have the antibodies would be to get vaccinated on a schedule. That could get costly, and then there'd be the possibility of lapses.
The other way is to be exposed to the virus regularly and recover fully, so your body keep producing antibodies naturally.

Going forward, what's going to be the standard is vaccinated or not, unless you can prove at that point in time that you still have sufficient active antibodies, masks should be worn when in close proximity with others.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 17th, 2020, 6:37 pm

redmanjp wrote:i wonder how it would work when ppl start getting it in terms of getting access to not just on flights but everywhere- going into stores, restaurants, etc. i.e. if u have a certificate of vaccination u can enter without a mask, but if not u still have to wear one.
Most of what is done is here:

https://www.wikilectures.eu/w/Preventiv ... c_Measures

In the case of vaccinations, tamper-proof wrist IDs are used.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 1st, 2020, 10:58 pm

Update, 31 AUG: The private Chinese company Sinovac Biotech is testing an inactivated vaccine called CoronaVac. In June the company announced that Phase 1/2 trials on 743 volunteers found no severe adverse effects and produced an immune response. Sinovac then launched a Phase 3 trial in Brazil in July and another in Indonesia the following month. Reuters reported that the Chinese government gave the Sinovac vaccine an emergency approval for limited use in July. Meanwhile, Sinovac has been preparing to manufacture the vaccine, reaching an agreement to supply Indonesia with at least 40 million doses by March 2021.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 1st, 2020, 11:01 pm

AstraZeneca ramping up production.
"AstraZeneca, which is developing the vaccine with researchers at Oxford University, said its global manufacturing capacity was close to 3bn doses.

News of the deal came as AstraZeneca announced on Monday night that it had begun late-stage trials of the vaccine in the US, where it plans to enrol 30,000 adults, as part of a global programme to test the product on 50,000 people."
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oronavirus

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » September 2nd, 2020, 6:20 am

Covid not real, don't rush to vaccinate, that's what they want us to do. Why most people getting the virus with no symptoms? It was designed to cause panic by killing some. Google the amount of people die from hunger each day and tell me why that is not a world priority? Why nations are not coming together to help people without food? Again, Covid is not real, many perfectly healthy persons testing positive, I question the test kits... Are these kits coming with a false positive? The 150 persons who control the world is responsible for this. In the future we may know what was the true reason for covid and you will remember this post. Stop reading what THEY write because that's what THEY want you to read it. Just my 2 cents.

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » September 2nd, 2020, 7:53 am

They want you to read and believe this so they can manipulate you into not taking THEIR vaccination and not another developed by someone who is not part of THEIR team. If you this the FDA is for us think again. Its all about the economics.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/01/heal ... index.html

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 8:30 am

4kin4kar wrote:Covid not real, don't rush to vaccinate, that's what they want us to do. Why most people getting the virus with no symptoms? It was designed to cause panic by killing some. Google the amount of people die from hunger each day and tell me why that is not a world priority? Why nations are not coming together to help people without food? Again, Covid is not real, many perfectly healthy persons testing positive, I question the test kits... Are these kits coming with a false positive? The 150 persons who control the world is responsible for this. In the future we may know what was the true reason for covid and you will remember this post. Stop reading what THEY write because that's what THEY want you to read it. Just my 2 cents.

4kin4kar wrote:They want you to read and believe this so they can manipulate you into not taking THEIR vaccination and not another developed by someone who is not part of THEIR team. If you this the FDA is for us think again. Its all about the economics.

so, when last you took those meds? lookin like time for a reup

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » September 2nd, 2020, 12:01 pm

88sins wrote:
4kin4kar wrote:Covid not real, don't rush to vaccinate, that's what they want us to do. Why most people getting the virus with no symptoms? It was designed to cause panic by killing some. Google the amount of people die from hunger each day and tell me why that is not a world priority? Why nations are not coming together to help people without food? Again, Covid is not real, many perfectly healthy persons testing positive, I question the test kits... Are these kits coming with a false positive? The 150 persons who control the world is responsible for this. In the future we may know what was the true reason for covid and you will remember this post. Stop reading what THEY write because that's what THEY want you to read it. Just my 2 cents.

4kin4kar wrote:They want you to read and believe this so they can manipulate you into not taking THEIR vaccination and not another developed by someone who is not part of THEIR team. If you this the FDA is for us think again. Its all about the economics.

Followers

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 1:07 pm

4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:

Followers

:lol: sensitive much?

Ok, let's assume that you're not a follower.
Where'd you get the idea that is 150 people that control the world? Someone told you something or you heard something? Did you not follow what you were told or heard, that led you down the path that led you to come to this conclusion? You did the research on these 150 humans that control the world yourself? Can you name the 150 people? Can you show the influence they each individually wield in order to maintain said control? Do you have physical evidence to support your claim? Was your research corroborated and checked by unbiased independent 3rd parties for accuracy & errors & ommissions? Why hasn't this made international news yet & only you here spouting this? Surely if that is true, then at least 2 people out of the 7B+ humans on the earth would have known about it and leaked the info just as you supposedly doing.

back on dem meds boi. :lol:

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » September 2nd, 2020, 4:23 pm

88sins wrote:
4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:

Followers

Where'd you get the idea that is 150 people that control the world? Someone told you something or you heard something? Did you not follow what you were told or heard, that led you down the path that led you to come to this conclusion? You did the research on these 150 humans that control the world yourself? Can you name the 150 people? Can you show the influence they each individually wield in order to maintain said control? Do you have physical evidence to support your claim? Was your research corroborated and checked by unbiased independent 3rd parties for accuracy & errors & ommissions? Why hasn't this made international news yet & only you here spouting this? Surely if that is true, then at least 2 people out of the 7B+ humans on the earth would have known about it and leaked the info just as you supposedly doing.

Education Is Not the Learning of Facts, But the Training of the Mind To Think

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 2nd, 2020, 4:35 pm

4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:
4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:

Followers

Lol look at this uneducated sheep.....dude hopefully one you'll actually understand how the world works.

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » September 2nd, 2020, 4:56 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:
4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:

Followers

Lol look at this uneducated sheep.....dude hopefully one you'll actually understand how the world works.

What is education?

"Education: the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university."
If your are referring to me as being uneducated then that's actually a compliment. Thanks.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 2nd, 2020, 8:24 pm

Your perception of the definition of education is somewhat defective.

But I eh go show you how, it'd go over your head and be a waste of my time.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » September 3rd, 2020, 2:57 am

4kin4kar wrote:
88sins wrote:

Followers

not 150 people more like 1 person. bill gates created covid 19 to sell MS Teams.
CDC said vaccine by november 2020 so lets see if by Christmas the world can get a christmas present

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 6th, 2020, 3:52 am

The realities of the FDA accelerating vaccine development...
Troubling...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 6th, 2020, 3:15 pm

That's why I say let the guinea pigs go first. After a year or so when the possible side effects and the efficacy of it has been established, then i would consider taking the vaccine.
Before that? No thanks, I go take my chances without i. Bad enough to let someone inject you with something that even the developers not sure works at all or as well as they thought, or worse, possibly kills you.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 6th, 2020, 4:11 pm

88sins wrote:That's why I say let the guinea pigs go first. After a year or so when the possible side effects and the efficacy of it has been established, then i would consider taking the vaccine.
Before that? No thanks, I go take my chances without i. Bad enough to let someone inject you with something that even the developers not sure works at all or as well as they thought, or worse, possibly kills you.

Most of these vaccines will be safe. They're not brand new vaccines, they're modifications to existing safe vaccines.

As such, the only real danger is whether they'll work well.

The initial side effects will be minor.

I would take my chances with an early vaccine versus getting Covid (which I mostly just had) as at least these types of vaccines have been studiest effectively. Covid can leave some long term effects, many we'll only find out in future.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 8th, 2020, 2:02 am

Cuba denounces media blockade on success in fighting COVID-19

HAVANA, Cuba (CMC) — The government of Cuba has denounced what it has called a “media blockade”, at the international level on the country's success in confronting the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a message on Twitter, Cuba's foreign minister Bruno Rodriguez said the scientists on the Spanish speaking communist island have shared their advances with the world, shown protocols against the pandemic and results of a vaccine candidate, however this is not reported.

Cuba is the only country in Latin America with a COVID-19 vaccine candidate in a clinical trial that has been approved by the World Health Organization.

On Thursday, Cuban experts exposed advances in the vaccination for COVID-19, when they appeared before representatives of the Pan American Health Organization.

In a videoconference, also held with experts from Senegal, they widely shared details about medical protocols as well as Cuban biotechnology products.

Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestne ... on_success

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 8th, 2020, 9:24 pm

This is unprecendented stuff, no?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/08/heal ... index.html

9 vaccine makers sign safety pledge in race for Covid-19 vaccine

JACQUELINE HOWARD AND NAOMI THOMAS SEPTEMBER 08, 2020
(CNN)Nine vaccine makers say they have signed a joint pledge to uphold "high ethical standards," suggesting they won't seek premature government approval for any Covid-19 vaccines they develop.

"We, the undersigned biopharmaceutical companies, want to make clear our on-going commitment to developing and testing potential vaccines for COVID-19 in accordance with high ethical standards and sound scientific principles," the pledge, released Tuesday, reads.

The companies that signed the pledge include AstraZeneca, BioNTech, Moderna, Pfizer, Novavax, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson and Merck.

President Trump has repeatedly pushed for a quick vaccine timeline -- even referencing Election Day in November.

"[It's] going to be done in a very short period of time -- could even have it during the month of October," the President said at a press briefing on Monday. "We'll have the vaccine soon, maybe before a special date. You know what date I'm talking about."

On August 6, Trump said he was "optimistic" a vaccine would be ready by November 3. This has caused widespread worry that the federal government might rush a vaccine to market before it has been adequately tested.

And late last month, US Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn said in an interview with the Financial Times that the agency could consider emergency use authorization or approval for a Covid-19 vaccine before critical Phase 3 trials are complete.

The nine companies on Tuesday wrote that they pledge to "Only submit for approval or emergency use authorization after demonstrating safety and efficacy through a Phase 3 clinical study that is designed and conducted to meet requirements of expert regulatory authorities such as FDA."

There are caveats in the pledge. At the bottom of a news release about the pledge, the companies mention "risks and uncertainties" that could cause some different results in the future.

"These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: competition to create a vaccine for COVID-19; the ability to produce comparable clinical results in larger and more diverse clinical trials; the ability to effectively scale our productions capabilities; and other potential difficulties," BioNTech said in one statement.

Pfizer and Moderna have vaccines in late-stage, Phase 3 clinical trials in the United States; Johnson & Johnson is preparing to start one. Vaccine makers are seeking to enroll at least 30,000 volunteers so they can tell whether the vaccine is really safe and protects people from infection.

The vaccine developers involved in the pledge to maintain high ethical standards for vaccines felt the need to reiterate their commitment to high ethical standards and scientific processes, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said on NBC's Today show on Tuesday.

"With increasing public concerns about the processes we are using to develop these vaccines, and even more importantly, the processes that will be used to evaluate these vaccines, we saw it as critical to come out and reiterate our commitment that we will develop our products, our vaccines, using the highest ethical standards and the most scientific [rigorous] processes," Bourla said.

The nine vaccine makers said they will stand with science, at a time when the world is looking to science -- in particular to a vaccine -- to help bring us to the end of the pandemic, Bourla said.

"The only rival here is the virus, and the time to get the vaccine to this," Bourla said.

He called the pledge between nine vaccine makers "historic" and "an unprecedented moment."

CNN's Elizabeth Cohen and Zahra Ullah has contributed to this report.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 9th, 2020, 11:02 am

On Sept. 8, AstraZeneca halted global trials of the vaccine to investigate an inflammatory syndrome called transverse myelitis in one volunteer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/worl ... k-4a08b4d4

That's serious.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”