TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

sucre251
Street 2NR

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby sucre251 » June 17th, 2021, 11:29 pm

You're not understanding herd immunity. Other vaccines will become available once we get the numbers of the immediate spreading infection down. The current vaccines here are effective for the Covid variants we have here and it has been proven by UWI. https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/v ... b93c7.html

Do not wait on another vaccine, get what you can now. When you're traveling later, get another type of shot privately. If the Delta variant enters, there's a model of targeted vaccination they use in hot-spot areas of infection to stem the spread. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/0 ... -arms.html

The government needs to put those plans in place for testing, sequencing and vaccination.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 18th, 2021, 12:22 am

surprisingly my 2nd shot seems to be ok....slight pain / fever in the night but day after i'm normal....no symptoms at the moment

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 18th, 2021, 3:06 am

St Lucia already doing vaccine 'pass' for cricket fans

https://trinidadexpress.com/sports/local/vaccinated-fans-to-watch-2nd-test/article_fcf62886-cfc8-11eb-bb3a-8f64d6d585d1.html

In the coming months unvaccinated ppl go miss out on a lot of stuff

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 18th, 2021, 5:46 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Ah go left it here too

We also have this
Attachments
IMG-20210618-WA0025.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 18th, 2021, 6:22 am

what did our great leader say?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 18th, 2021, 7:15 am

pugboy wrote:what did our great leader say?

Nothing much
Attachments
IMG-20210617-WA0121.jpg

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 18th, 2021, 12:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaxYhCMjues

The AstraZeneca vaccine is now recommended for people aged 60 and over after the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation reviewed its effects on those younger.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 18th, 2021, 1:28 pm

elec2020 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaxYhCMjues

The AstraZeneca vaccine is now recommended for people aged 60 and over after the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation reviewed its effects on those younger.

Well unfortunately we only have 400 Pfizer because our deal to get 351000 Pfizer vaccines was purposefully scuttled so that we could have non disclosure dealings with China.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 18th, 2021, 1:33 pm

also in AstraZeneca news...

OTTAWA, Ontario -- Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization said Thursday people who got the AstraZeneca vaccine as their first dose should get Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna for their second shot.

On June 1, committee had said AstraZeneca recipients “could" get Pfizer or Moderna for their second shot if they wanted, but Thursday went further to say an mRNA vaccine was the ”preferred" choice.

Since the advisory committee "first looked at mixed vaccine schedules, new evidence is starting to emerge suggesting immune responses are better when a first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine is followed by an mRNA vaccine as a second dose,″ said its vice-chair Dr. Shelley Deeks, in the new guidance documents.

The committee also updated its previous recommendation that people at high risk of exposure to, or serious illness from, COVID-19, could opt to get AstraZeneca rather than waiting for Pfizer or Moderna. Now it says everyone should always get the mRNA vaccines first, unless they are allergic to them.

Deeks said the advice is based on the growing supply of Pfizer and Moderna, and the risk of vaccine-induced blood clots associated with AstraZeneca. But she is still trying to reassure people who got one or two doses of AstraZeneca’s vaccine that they are nevertheless well protected.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... a-78346055

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 18th, 2021, 1:38 pm

goal posts forever changing

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 18th, 2021, 2:25 pm

unfortunately we peasants not getting any mRNA vax anytime soon. maybe next year.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 18th, 2021, 2:54 pm

redmanjp wrote:unfortunately we peasants not getting any mRNA vax anytime soon. maybe next year.

I have hope in Kamala. Kamala will save us. God bless Kamala. Unless Rowley start cussing Kamala and get we in trouble.

but yea, adjust for your risk profile, etc. Plenty of us (even those 60+) do not have access to any vaccine, any vaccine at all, on the island yet.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 18th, 2021, 6:17 pm

Got my second sino shot today. A little more arm pain but we’ll see if the symptoms compare with the first shot

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 18th, 2021, 6:21 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Got my second sino shot today. A little more arm pain but we’ll see if the symptoms compare with the first shot

Any improvement in phone reception or free wi-fi?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 18th, 2021, 6:49 pm

eliteauto wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Got my second sino shot today. A little more arm pain but we’ll see if the symptoms compare with the first shot

Any improvement in phone reception or free wi-fi?

I have the newfound capability to remote into Huawei network switches with my mind alone and
Maybe they need to patch the 5G chip

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates)

Postby 2WNBoost » June 18th, 2021, 10:48 pm

We received more AZ as gifts than we received through COVAX.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10226498541840589&set=a.1821795955437&type=3

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 21st, 2021, 9:49 am

hard luck for the pfizer breath holders

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 21st, 2021, 10:17 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.cnc3.co.tt/gavi-representative-confirms-tt-wont-benefit-from-500m-us-vaccine-donation/

Salt

lmao, nothing fuh we.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 21st, 2021, 10:20 am

“The 500 million doses outlined in this plan are separate from an earlier decision by the US Government to share 80 million doses starting in June as part of a broader global vaccine sharing strategy,” the Gavi spokesperson said in the statement to Guardian Media.

hope lives... small hope.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 21st, 2021, 10:24 am

I'm curious if the 2nd shot is a ramped dosage.
Arm pain was worse
No fever, but sore throat for about 18h
Some lethargy/tiredness.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2021, 12:44 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

Arm pain was worse
Some lethargy/tiredness.

AZ? I read somewhere that "mistaken" half doses were given in a trial and actually improved efficacy vs full dose.
From BBC

What were the results?
About 3,000 participants were given the half dose and then a full dose four weeks later, and this regime appeared to provide the most protection or efficacy in the trial - around 90%.
In the larger group of nearly 9,000 volunteers, who were given two full doses also four weeks apart, efficacy was 62%.

AstraZeneca reported these percentages and also said that its vaccine was, on average, 70% effective at preventing Covid-19 illness. The figures left some experts scratching their head.
Prof David Salisbury, immunisation expert and associate fellow of the global health program at the Chatham House think tank, said: "You've taken two studies for which different doses were used and come up with a composite that doesn't represent either of the doses. I think many people are having trouble with that.″
AstraZeneca stressed that the data are preliminary, rather than full and final - which is true for the reported Pfizer and Moderna jab results too. It is science by press release.
When they can, all of the companies will publish full results in medical journals for public scrutiny.
And they are submitting full data to regulators to apply for emergency approval so that countries can start using these three different vaccines to immunise whole populations.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 21st, 2021, 1:15 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.cnc3.co.tt/gavi-representative-confirms-tt-wont-benefit-from-500m-us-vaccine-donation/

Salt

How the PM could have been unsure of this???

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 21st, 2021, 1:38 pm

De Dragon wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

Arm pain was worse
Some lethargy/tiredness.

AZ? I read somewhere that "mistaken" half doses were given in a trial and actually improved efficacy vs full dose.
From BBC

What were the results?
About 3,000 participants were given the half dose and then a full dose four weeks later, and this regime appeared to provide the most protection or efficacy in the trial - around 90%.
In the larger group of nearly 9,000 volunteers, who were given two full doses also four weeks apart, efficacy was 62%.

AstraZeneca reported these percentages and also said that its vaccine was, on average, 70% effective at preventing Covid-19 illness. The figures left some experts scratching their head.
Prof David Salisbury, immunisation expert and associate fellow of the global health program at the Chatham House think tank, said: "You've taken two studies for which different doses were used and come up with a composite that doesn't represent either of the doses. I think many people are having trouble with that.″
AstraZeneca stressed that the data are preliminary, rather than full and final - which is true for the reported Pfizer and Moderna jab results too. It is science by press release.
When they can, all of the companies will publish full results in medical journals for public scrutiny.
And they are submitting full data to regulators to apply for emergency approval so that countries can start using these three different vaccines to immunise whole populations.

nah, Sinopharm

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 21st, 2021, 1:43 pm

Salt

However, Guardian Media has learned that a separate arrangement is being made by the US to donate vaccines to Caricom through the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA). The details have not been completed yet.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 21st, 2021, 1:44 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:

Salt

Deyalsingh say hold yuh horses, he talking with ameeicaa more.

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/govt-ta ... e-donation

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 21st, 2021, 1:45 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Salt

However, Guardian Media has learned that a separate arrangement is being made by the US to donate vaccines to Caricom through the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA). The details have not been completed yet.

You believe in Santa Claus? :D :D :D

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 21st, 2021, 1:48 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:

Salt

Deyalsingh say hold yuh horses, he talking with ameeicaa more.

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/govt-ta ... e-donation

Pure bs. T&t is not a low income country under covax. Any vaccines we get from covax needs to be paid for. Just as we have paid for in the recent months.

This man really doing against everything in the covax agreement and disagreeing with the Gabi representative.

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » June 21st, 2021, 1:49 pm

I got mine on Friday as well, around 2pm.

I fell asleep at 6pm that evening straight until 6am the next morning, other than that, no side effects.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”