TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Are you taking the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Yes, I am already vaccinated.
67%
Yes, I am awaiting vaccination.
10%
No, I don't want it.
16%
I am not sure.
7%

Total votes: 121

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker (News and Updates) (Poll added)

Postby adnj » October 1st, 2021, 8:45 am

adnj wrote:Is it safe?

The immunogenicity and tolerability results from several clinical trials have shown that there is no harm in mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines right now, and instead, it would only build better immune strength. However, there's no relevant, or substantial data to support the safety as yet.

While there are some who have stressed that mixing vaccines could lead to more, or different side-effects than expected, safety on the usage of such vaccines can only be ascertained after when we have enough data to back the same. Nonetheless, preliminary research has still proven the benefits of trying out a mix and match policy.
Last edited by adnj on October 1st, 2021, 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 1st, 2021, 8:47 am

adnj wrote:Image
This was actually good

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 1st, 2021, 9:05 am

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 9.27.44 PM.jpg

Ah hope they have for my 2nd shot :| ...I done seeing people getting wrong vaccine :?

that should be a reason to sue. they made a mistake and if u get serious adverse reactions it could have been due to that. the liability waiver should not apply where mistakes are made.
Several countries have allowed mixing COVID vaccines: Here is all you need to know

While studies have proved their benefits to be aplenty, some medical experts and doctors still continue to be wary of pushing the policy into use, just yet, citing the lack of available data and concerns.

When COVID-19 vaccination drives were first kickstarted, authorities continued to attest that beneficiaries should only and only get doses of the same kind, i.e., same vaccine model. However, not only would a mixing policy allow people to secure two different doses, but go against equitable distribution, but there's simply a lack of available data right now to support the same, and determine if mixing together experimental COVID-19 vaccines is actually that effective.

The push of tweaked vaccination policies has also become a concerning issue for global health authorities, such as the WHO who believe that mixing vaccines right away could be a 'dangerous' trend since it allows people to decide for themselves- when, and what vaccines they would get.

The experimental push could also further dry up resources for the countries which do not have enough resources yet.

Is it safe?

The immunogenicity and tolerability results from several clinical trials have shown that there is no harm in mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines right now, and instead, it would only build better immune strength. However, there's no relevant, or substantial data to support the safety as yet.

While there are some who have stressed that mixing vaccines could lead to more, or different side-effects than expected, safety on the usage of such vaccines can only be ascertained after when we have enough data to back the same. Nonetheless, preliminary research has still proven the benefits of trying out a mix and match policy.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/lif ... 579458.cms

wonder if they would gimme pfizer for 2nd shot if i asked lol (after AZ)... the combo WHO approved after all

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 1st, 2021, 10:13 am

Heard the minister say that he reserving some AZ for second dose

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 1st, 2021, 10:18 am

Merck says experimental pill cuts worst effects of COVID-19
Drugmaker Merck said Friday that its experimental COVID-19 pill reduced hospitalizations and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus and that it would soon ask health officials in the U.S. and around the world to authorize its use.

If cleared, the drug would be the first pill shown to treat COVID-19, a potentially major step forward in global efforts to control the pandemic. All COVID-19 therapies now authorized in the U.S. require an IV or injection.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 1st, 2021, 10:21 am

Wonder when they gonna release it.

Heard similar things last year.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 1st, 2021, 10:36 am

SuperiorMan wrote:Wonder when they gonna release it.

Heard similar things last year.
Application for the FDA EUA is expected in one or two months. Review and approval would be a number of weeks after that.

In July 2021, the USA signed a contract with Merck (the manufacturer of ivermectrin) for 1.7mn doses at US$700 per dose.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 2nd, 2021, 5:17 am

$700 US? so if WHO authorize it would MOH give it to patients for free or they would have to fork out $5000 TT for it?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 2nd, 2021, 5:37 am

redmanjp wrote:$700 US? so if WHO authorize it would MOH give it to patients for free or they would have to fork out $5000 TT for it?
The USA received preferential pricing. Expect the price to be higher. Monoclonal antibodies are US$1250 per dose.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 4th, 2021, 7:42 am

matr1x wrote:All asterzenica. Double dose and 2 week period complete.

I have sinopharm so......

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 4th, 2021, 7:46 am

3rd shot will be required to be fully vaxed.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 4th, 2021, 9:24 am

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 4th, 2021, 2:06 pm

adnj, or Duane,

can one of you link me or post that image of the vaccines and mixed vaccine combos and their effectiveness/efficacy? i cant find it via google and too much pages to find it in the threads.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 4th, 2021, 2:20 pm

st7 wrote:adnj, or Duane,

can one of you link me or post that image of the vaccines and mixed vaccine combos and their effectiveness/efficacy? i cant find it via google and too much pages to find it in the threads.

That was a real important one. Tried looking for it too.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 4th, 2021, 2:50 pm

There are no completed studies that I am aware of. Most evidence for an AstraZeneca/Pfizer mix indicates that it is at least as good. The PRC developing an mRNA booster for Sinopharm. That information was not published but statements were released indicating a strong immune system reaction.

There are also preliminary data that show that every current WHO vaccine works very well with an additional booster of the same vaccine.

--------

Most vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 must be given in two doses, but multiple studies now back up the idea that mixing the Oxford–AstraZeneca jab and the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine triggers an immune response similar to — or even stronger than — two doses of either vaccine.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01805-2

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 4th, 2021, 2:59 pm

adnj wrote:

There are no completed studies that I am aware of. Most evidence for an AstraZeneca/Pfizer mix indicates that it is at least as good. The PRC developing an mRNA booster for Sinopharm. That information was not published but statements were released indicating a strong immune system reaction.

There are also preliminary data that show that every current WHO vaccine works very well with an additional booster of the same vaccine.

--------

Most vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 must be given in two doses, but multiple studies now back up the idea that mixing the Oxford–AstraZeneca jab and the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine triggers an immune response similar to — or even stronger than — two doses of either vaccine.

thanks, i swore you or Duane posted an image showcasing something like what i was describing.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 4th, 2021, 3:02 pm

st7 wrote:
adnj wrote:

--------

thanks, i swore you or Duane posted an image showcasing something like what i was describing.

There was. I saw it too. But the source was sketchy or didn't have one.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 4th, 2021, 3:08 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
st7 wrote:
adnj wrote:

--------

nah it was legit. i remember looking it up cause i try to ensure what i'm reading isnt just put together without legitimacy

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 4th, 2021, 3:09 pm

st7 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
st7 wrote:
adnj wrote:

--------

nah it was legit. i remember looking it up cause i try to ensure what i'm reading isnt just put together without legitimacy

Hmm...not sure but I know I saw what you were describing.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 4th, 2021, 3:42 pm

st7 wrote:

One of the better models of vaccine efficacy comparison available:

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/covid-1 ... cy-summary

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 4th, 2021, 3:45 pm

adnj wrote:
st7 wrote:

One of the better models of vaccine efficacy comparison available:

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/covid-1 ... cy-summary

thank you sir!!!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 4th, 2021, 9:54 pm

st7 wrote:
thank you sir!!!

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 5th, 2021, 11:55 am

24hr update 2nd shot AZ: shoulder is paining AF, kinda sleepy....that's about it!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 5th, 2021, 1:06 pm

booster shots needed earlier to cut transmission of delta

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 5th, 2021, 5:49 pm

vaccinated less likely to spread covid

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/vaccinated-people-are-less-likely-spread-covid-new-research-finds-n1280583?fbclid=IwAR1Krf32pZ7oXL8f-uoxZCYO3bmmJMi40ywNRjjHUT7WayDw8sies9eAxiY

Vaccines have the ability to prevent transmission of the virus in two ways, he said. The first is by preventing infection altogether. The other is by reducing the amount of infectious virus should somebody get sick.

take that antivaxxers

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 5th, 2021, 7:57 pm

antivaxxers: buT wHAt ABout tHe ResEArcH From goOglE I Do tHAt saY OtHErWiSe?

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 6th, 2021, 8:40 pm

oh for crying out loud :? :?
Studies confirm waning immunity from Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine
Two real-world studies published Wednesday confirm that the immune protection offered by two doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine drops off after two months or so, although protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death remains strong.

The studies, from Israel and from Qatar and published in the New England Journal of Medicine, support arguments that even fully vaccinated people need to maintain precautions against infection.

One study from Israel covered 4,800 health care workers and showed antibody levels wane rapidly after two doses of vaccine "especially among men, among persons 65 years of age or older, and among persons with immunosuppression."

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 6th, 2021, 8:49 pm

So after a 3rd shot, how much more shots will we need in the future?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 6th, 2021, 9:47 pm

DMan7 wrote:So after a 3rd shot, how much more shots will we need in the future?

How many times do you need to be told the same thing? Similar to the flu shot.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 6th, 2021, 9:55 pm

adnj wrote:
DMan7 wrote:So after a 3rd shot, how much more shots will we need in the future?

How many times do you need to be told the same thing? Similar to the flu shot.

1 Covid shot each year?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”