COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

drchaos
punchin NOS

Re: COVIDIOTS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby drchaos » May 13th, 2021, 9:18 pm

wing wrote:
drchaos wrote:I choose not to panic over a virus that has a death rate of 1.7% ... That's our official figures.

Having high spread or low spread does not affect your death rate and more testing will actually drive that number lower.

Be scared if you like ... Nothing good comes from basing your life and your decisions on fear.
But if that's how you wanna live your life then by all means go ahead.
tapatalk_1620939124164.jpeg

Death rate still stands at 1.72% which is low
Also we know the government is not testing people with a fever on presentation at testing sites.
Which means actual death rate is lower.

So as case numbers rise deaths will rise but seems to still be inline with previous model.
Still no reason to panic.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 13th, 2021, 9:41 pm

drchaos wrote:
wing wrote:
drchaos wrote:I choose not to panic over a virus that has a death rate of 1.7% ... That's our official figures.

Having high spread or low spread does not affect your death rate and more testing will actually drive that number lower.

Be scared if you like ... Nothing good comes from basing your life and your decisions on fear.

Also we know the government is not testing people with a fever on presentation at testing sites.

So as case numbers rise deaths will rise but seems to still be inline with previous model.

Thank you dr,

This is reassuring.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 13th, 2021, 9:46 pm

drchaos wrote:
wing wrote:

Dr. Chaos,

Check your PM.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 13th, 2021, 10:22 pm

drchaos wrote:
wing wrote:

Many of us not that worried about ourselves. We are worried our aged relatives succumb to this virus. Covid is cutting peoples lives short by 10 years on average.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... -decade-of

Not to mention we don't know the long term effects of covid-19 on persons. This isn't a normal virus, even those who got it mild or asymptomatic will face long term health effects

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020081 ... t-harmless

Nothing except for a war, natural disaster or famine has caused such deviations in excess death.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.17.53 pm.png

But continue to think you know better than everyone else...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 14th, 2021, 12:29 am

You again with this Long covid ting ...

there is a fundamental difference between the way we think.

Your brain(if we can call it that) wanders too much into the "what if" and then you panic.

"Nobody knows exactly what those changes mean yet or whether they will persist and form scar tissue or simply heal and go away after the infection is gone."

Thats a quote from your article.

All lung infections will produce after effects that can take months to go away, were you freaking out about other respiratory infections before?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 14th, 2021, 12:30 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
drchaos wrote:
wing wrote:

Dr. Chaos,

Check your PM.

responded

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » May 14th, 2021, 11:47 am

drchaos,

Get this straight, no world expert shares your opinion. You continue to downplay a dangerous virus that has resulted in millions dying. Excess death rates prove that, so I don't even know why you bother arguing with people smarter than you here.

The virus might be harmless for, but if you had any compassion for those you love, you would be concerned and do your part, not play the part of a fake doctor covid denier.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 14th, 2021, 4:35 pm

Dr.Chaos is probably a doctor in Geology or some such field.I had a former colleague with a doctorate in bible studies.Thats a very broad term that can mean lots of things.Or probably a Doctorate in dj-ing like Dr Hyde or Dr. Dre.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 15th, 2021, 10:09 am

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » May 15th, 2021, 11:01 am

Sigh....this is why teaching science in school is so important.

Knowing the difference between mortality and severity is a thing

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 15th, 2021, 12:53 pm

drchaos wrote:You again with this Long covid ting ...

Your brain(if we can call it that) wanders too much into the "what if" and then you panic.

"Nobody knows exactly what those changes mean yet or whether they will persist and form scar tissue or simply heal and go away after the infection is gone."

All lung infections will produce after effects that can take months to go away, were you freaking out about other respiratory infections before?

I have had flu several times in my life and never had long term effects lasting for months. Most that would have happened is a cough lasting 2-3 weeks after. This long covid affects about 30% of all cases, including mild ones.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » May 15th, 2021, 1:18 pm

redmanjp wrote:

I have had flu several times in my life and never had long term effects lasting for months. Most that would have happened is a cough lasting 2-3 weeks after. This long covid affects about 30% of all cases, including mild ones.

the regular flu itself within the last 10 years or so was getting progressively stronger and lasting longer and in 2018 and 2019 i had to get antibiotics to make it dry up.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 15th, 2021, 3:49 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

the regular flu itself within the last 10 years or so was getting progressively stronger and lasting longer and in 2018 and 2019 i had to get antibiotics to make it dry up.

Antibiotics do not fight the flu. I suspect you were left with a lingering chest infection which might have been why it was prescribed.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 15th, 2021, 3:55 pm

20+ deaths in a day.

Second only to heart disease.

Even though the mortality is fairly low, so many people have contracted it that the low % is still large numbers.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 16th, 2021, 10:14 am

Devourment wrote:drchaos,

Get this straight, no world expert shares your opinion. You continue to downplay a dangerous virus that has resulted in millions dying. Excess death rates prove that, so I don't even know why you bother arguing with people smarter than you here.

The virus might be harmless for, but if you had any compassion for those you love, you would be concerned and do your part, not play the part of a fake doctor covid denier.

Really? no experts share my opinion?
Like you sucking down too much of that CNN spritzer or too much MSNBC juice.

Ever Heard of Dr Jay Bhattacharya? Professor of Med at Stanford University Medical School
What about Dr Erhan Bendavid? Infectious diseases physician and an Associate Professor of Medicine, Center for population health sciences.
Dr Ari Joffe? Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Alberta and Stollery Children’s Hospital.
Prof. Sunetra Gupta, Oxford university Infectious disease epidemiologists
All the above promote rational thinking vs fear based measures.

I guess you will just say these people aren't "REAL DOCTORS" and they are "dumb" so your ego can allow you to sleep tonight.

If you bothered to actually read what I have to say is that lockdowns do more harm that the virus itself. You are destroying the economy and our ability to socialize which is the bed rock of our society.
Unlike you i actually have compassion because I care about the society as a whole. You don't have compassion ... just FEAR.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 16th, 2021, 10:18 am

teems1 wrote:20+ deaths in a day.

Second only to heart disease.

Even though the mortality is fairly low, so many people have contracted it that the low % is still large numbers.

Agreed for a week or two it may approach heart disease ... but once we have some measure of Herd Immunity from natural infection this will drop and look like a insignificant speck compared to the toll of cardiovascular disease.

If you actually study how this virus works, cardiovascular disease is the reason why it has a death toll in the first place.

People with cardiovascular disease are way more susceptible vs the rest of the population.
https://www.salk.edu/news-release/the-n ... n-illness/

Good read if you interested in stuff other than mass fear mongering.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 16th, 2021, 10:33 am

drchaos wrote:

Ever Heard of Dr Jay Bhattacharya? Professor of Med at Stanford University Medical School
What about Dr Erhan Bendavid? Infectious diseases physician and an Associate Professor of Medicine, Center for population health sciences.
Dr Ari Joffe? Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Alberta and Stollery Children’s Hospital.

I guess you will just say these people aren't "REAL DOCTORS" and they are "dumb" so your ego can allow you to sleep tonight.

If you bothered to actually read what I have to say is that lockdowns do more harm that the virus itself. You are destroying the economy and our ability to socialize which is the bed rock of our society.
Unlike you i actually have compassion because I care about the society as a whole. You don't have compassion ... just FEAR.

Lol wait you actually listening and following those 'experts'?

Read this https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/89204

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 16th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Never really realize how much apathy some people have to Covid measures . For the past few days I been observing my neighbour after I finish work from home. Since Wednesday around 4 in the evening someone comes and limes with him. Everyday has been someone different and they always maskless.
My neighbour is a 69yr old who since I'm a child has been a smoker. He also lives alone so not sure who would look after him if needs be.

My other neighbour (same yard as above but different house) had a birthday lime yesterday where at least 3 to 4 cars came.

Today is my mother's BD and not even my brother and sister are allowed to come.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » May 16th, 2021, 1:09 pm

What those church people doing on the Sando Promenade?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 16th, 2021, 1:21 pm

TTPS shoulda hit them some tear gas.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 16th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:What those church people doing on the Sando Promenade?

https://fb.watch/5w-0qdhiB0/

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 16th, 2021, 2:03 pm

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 16th, 2021, 2:14 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Lol wait you actually listening and following those 'experts'?

Read this https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/89204

Right ... touting an opinion piece of someone with a journalist degree to discredit actual people in the field of medicine/epidemiology/infectious disease who hold positions at some of the most prestigious centers of learning and research in the world?

okkkkkk ...

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 16th, 2021, 2:17 pm

bluefete wrote:1% Hiding By The Golf Course?

https://www.facebook.com/10004556265928 ... 7094312377

People exercising, getting sunlight (loading up on VIt D3)/fresh air and de-stressing ...
Whats wrong with people? Don't they know that this is detrimental to their health? :lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 16th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Apparently Sarah Jane Waddel's Instagram account has been suspended for anti vax/ false information

17ecae1e-7801-433f-834f-70b95cff4323.jpg

c7464c1d-2165-4bc7-a692-4392d2015444.jpg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 16th, 2021, 2:46 pm

drchaos wrote:
bluefete wrote:1% Hiding By The Golf Course?

https://www.facebook.com/10004556265928 ... 7094312377

People exercising, getting sunlight (loading up on VIt D3)/fresh air and de-stressing ...
Whats wrong with people? Don't they know that this is detrimental to their health? :lol:

LOL. The people in Laventee could do that as well in their savannah?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 16th, 2021, 2:47 pm

Where are all the Tuner white knights?

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Apparently Sarah Jane Waddel's Instagram account has been suspended for anti vax/ false information

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 16th, 2021, 2:52 pm

bluefete wrote:Where are all the Tuner white knights?

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Apparently Sarah Jane Waddel's Instagram account has been suspended for anti vax/ false information

Don't agree with the censorship
But Naturally gained and Vaccine gained Herd immunity is the only way for this to end.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 16th, 2021, 2:57 pm

Selective censorship. Like Trini......

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 16th, 2021, 6:19 pm

Who is Sarah Jane Waddell?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”