this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby hover11 » August 24th, 2022, 6:29 am

PM: Appointing Gary as CoP biggest mistake in my life
... slams Anil for disgraceful attack on his wife

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley says his decision to accept the Police Service Commission’s choice of Gary Griffith as the best option for Police Commissioner was the biggest mistake he has made in his life.

Speaking during a People’s National Movement meeting in Belmont last night, Rowley said his decision then was based on his belief that he should allow appointments of the best people the country had to offer for various roles, regardless of their political affiliations. This, he said, saw the appointments of former UNC ministers in various other roles.

However, on the appointment of Griffith, he said, “And that is why when the (Police Service) Commission said that Gary Griffith was the best person for the job as commissioner of police, I take responsibility for giving him a chance and ladies and gentlemen, that is the biggest mistake I have ever made.”

Noting that an audit of the Firearms Department of the T&T Police Service had just been completed, he said it makes “very, very troublesome reading.”

He also slammed Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar for refusing to reprimand Senator Anil Roberts for his recent attempt to scandalise and disgrace his wife, Sharon.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I must say it is painful to watch a female Opposition Leader tolerate and encourage that on the grounds that ‘leave me out ah all yuh bacchanal’ ... that is the same leader, same leader, who went in the Parliament with Vernella Alleyne and Wade Mark and Moonilal and put on the Hansard that I’m a rapist. Bring a picture of a house inside the Parliament you know, blow up a house and come and tell the Parliament in this house the Opposition Leader rape somebody. After that, I don’t expect anything from Kamla Persad-Bissessar more than the worst. So, when Anil Roberts prepares videos and tried to scandalise my wife, all I could tell Anil, I could take ah horn if ah get one, I ent sending nobody to kill nobody.”

Earlier in his address, Rowley also said he’ll be instructing the Finance Minister to put into the upcoming 2023 Budget a separate and special payment for every member of the Ministry of Health for their efforts during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. He said Budget Day will also be September 2.

He said he hadn’t told Finance Minister Colm Imbert yet but said one had to understand what it means to be in a position where death is the outcome and yet people buckled down and stayed in rooms where the disease was to fight for the people.

He said he was brooking no objection from anyone on the payment.

“We’re going to do it as we can afford to,” Rowley said.

Rowley said it wasn’t to say Government didn’t recognise what others did but those who walked the extra mile rose to the occasion and the health services were there for the people.

“And we must be a grateful people,” he said.

He said he expected objections about that and people saying, “Me too.”

“But I’ll say I hear you and understand you, but you were not there doing what they were doing,” he added, citing health sector personnel who stood in the breach for T&T.

He lauded Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram for leading the health team.

“Cometh the man and cometh the hour. I don’t know what T&T would have done in this pandemic without Roshan Parasram, who led the Ministry of Health team...”

While Rowley admitted the crime situation is unacceptable, he stood by National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds. He spoke after Hinds and Energy Minister Stuart Young spoke, giving accounts of issues in their respective portfolios.

Rowley said, “I congratulate my colleague, Minister Hinds, who gave you that synopsis of what we’re doing in the many areas of national security and I congratulate Minister Young for his summary, much information that’s new to you.”

He said nobody can say that T&T didn’t have an unacceptable level of criminal conduct and violent crime, some approaching senselessness. But he questioned how that would change if the National Security Minister was changed.

“If that was so, it would have changed under the PP government as they had six National Security Ministers, plus a state of emergency, SOE,” he said.

He said T&T had a National Security Minister giving the details of what is being done on the issue, adding the crime problem was not unique to this country and noting that T&T, Jamaica and St Vincent were all buckling down to fight the issue, yet the Opposition Leader, “who has nothing to offer,” says there is “ blood on the Prime Minister’s hands and Hinds must go.”

https://guardian.co.tt/news/pm-appointi ... 898764b873

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Kickstart » August 24th, 2022, 7:06 am

where was the outrage when the PNM used kiaso tents and their radio stations to attack Oma Panday?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 24th, 2022, 7:16 am

hover11 wrote:Max where you

'WE FED UP OF THE PNM!"
Some residents of Point Fortin staged a road block protest in the community that began before daybreak today, to bring attention to the deplorable road conditions. They want the intervention of the prime minister.
Video: Express Photojournalist Trevor Watson

https://fb.watch/f3oJivcNvR/

I thought this is a PNM stronghold....

How many people really attended this protest? Just curious.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 24th, 2022, 7:27 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
hover11 wrote:Max where you

'WE FED UP OF THE PNM!"
Some residents of Point Fortin staged a road block protest in the community that began before daybreak today, to bring attention to the deplorable road conditions. They want the intervention of the prime minister.
Video: Express Photojournalist Trevor Watson

https://fb.watch/f3oJivcNvR/

I thought this is a PNM stronghold....

How many people really attended this protest? Just curious.
A miniscule portion of the constituents,even these disgruntled few will still vote red regardless when that time comes

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » August 24th, 2022, 7:55 am

all that to say budget day is SEPTEMBER 2ND

hover11 wrote:PM: Appointing Gary as CoP biggest mistake in my life

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley says his decision to accept the Police Service Commission’s choice of Gary Griffith as the best option for Police Commissioner was the biggest mistake he has made in his life.

Speaking during a People’s National Movement meeting in Belmont last night, Rowley said his decision then was based on his belief that he should allow appointments of the best people the country had to offer for various roles, regardless of their political affiliations. This, he said, saw the appointments of former UNC ministers in various other roles.

However, on the appointment of Griffith, he said, “And that is why when the (Police Service) Commission said that Gary Griffith was the best person for the job as commissioner of police, I take responsibility for giving him a chance and ladies and gentlemen, that is the biggest mistake I have ever made.”

Noting that an audit of the Firearms Department of the T&T Police Service had just been completed, he said it makes “very, very troublesome reading.”

He also slammed Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar for refusing to reprimand Senator Anil Roberts for his recent attempt to scandalise and disgrace his wife, Sharon.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I must say it is painful to watch a female Opposition Leader tolerate and encourage that on the grounds that ‘leave me out ah all yuh bacchanal’ ... that is the same leader, same leader, who went in the Parliament with Vernella Alleyne and Wade Mark and Moonilal and put on the Hansard that I’m a rapist. Bring a picture of a house inside the Parliament you know, blow up a house and come and tell the Parliament in this house the Opposition Leader rape somebody. After that, I don’t expect anything from Kamla Persad-Bissessar more than the worst. So, when Anil Roberts prepares videos and tried to scandalise my wife, all I could tell Anil, I could take ah horn if ah get one, I ent sending nobody to kill nobody.”

Earlier in his address, Rowley also said he’ll be instructing the Finance Minister to put into the upcoming 2023 Budget a separate and special payment for every member of the Ministry of Health for their efforts during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. He said Budget Day will also be September 2.

He said he hadn’t told Finance Minister Colm Imbert yet but said one had to understand what it means to be in a position where death is the outcome and yet people buckled down and stayed in rooms where the disease was to fight for the people.

Rowley said it wasn’t to say Government didn’t recognise what others did but those who walked the extra mile rose to the occasion and the health services were there for the people.

“But I’ll say I hear you and understand you, but you were not there doing what they were doing,” he added, citing health sector personnel who stood in the breach for T&T.

“Cometh the man and cometh the hour. I don’t know what T&T would have done in this pandemic without Roshan Parasram, who led the Ministry of Health team...”

While Rowley admitted the crime situation is unacceptable, he stood by National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds. He spoke after Hinds and Energy Minister Stuart Young spoke, giving accounts of issues in their respective portfolios.

Rowley said, “I congratulate my colleague, Minister Hinds, who gave you that synopsis of what we’re doing in the many areas of national security and I congratulate Minister Young for his summary, much information that’s new to you.”

He said nobody can say that T&T didn’t have an unacceptable level of criminal conduct and violent crime, some approaching senselessness. But he questioned how that would change if the National Security Minister was changed.

“If that was so, it would have changed under the PP government as they had six National Security Ministers, plus a state of emergency, SOE,” he said.

He said T&T had a National Security Minister giving the details of what is being done on the issue, adding the crime problem was not unique to this country and noting that T&T, Jamaica and St Vincent were all buckling down to fight the issue, yet the Opposition Leader, “who has nothing to offer,” says there is “ blood on the Prime Minister’s hands and Hinds must go.”

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 24th, 2022, 7:55 am

gg put out a vid last night and like he vex,
but he still refusing to buss the mark on which pnm ministers he was fast tracking guns for
until he call his bluff, gg is still a pompek

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 24th, 2022, 8:05 am

pugboy wrote:gg put out a vid last night and like he vex,
but he still refusing to buss the mark on which pnm ministers he was fast tracking guns for
He have no reason to buss that mark. Them fellas owe him one and he would cash in when necessary.

Rowley is a madman yes.
His big gripe with Gary is how FUL share out under him like hell. But not a single FUL holder has committed a wrongful murder. In fact many of them have stopped robberies and defended their families and themselves. So wtf wrong if Gary share out FUL?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 24th, 2022, 8:06 am

Gary was put as commissioner to help to lower crime and enact policies to lower crime and fight back against bandits. Sharing out FUL was one of the policies that worked.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 24th, 2022, 8:29 am

Expectations for budget?
death365 wrote:all that to say budget day is SEPTEMBER 2ND

hover11 wrote:PM: Appointing Gary as CoP biggest mistake in my life

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 24th, 2022, 8:35 am

rowlee just vex from something personal and using the ful bobol as the excuse
and it is a valid excuse many bobol worth 50m and more needs to be looked at
but of course blind eyes are turned to many things

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 24th, 2022, 9:15 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
He have no reason to buss that mark. Them fellas owe him one and he would cash in when necessary.

Rowley is a madman yes.
His big gripe with Gary is how FUL share out under him like hell. But not a single FUL holder has committed a wrongful murder. In fact many of them have stopped robberies and defended their families and themselves. So wtf wrong if Gary share out FUL?

I don’t think anyone cares that a lot of guns were given out. I think people have an issue with GG and his boys getting paid for it. There’s a big difference.
I am in support of all law abiding citizens getting guns if they want one but once you start accepting money under the table then the process far from clean.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 24th, 2022, 9:19 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Gary was put as commissioner to help to lower crime and enact policies to lower crime and fight back against bandits. Sharing out FUL was one of the policies that worked.

Covid was the best commissioner. With curfews, most businesses closed, and limited movement of people there was less opportunity for crime.
Gary was just very much in the public eye and did a lot of PR. I’m not certain he was any more effective.
He inserted himself in every bust. Attacked people on social media all day everyday. It’s a wonder he found time to do commissione things

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 24th, 2022, 9:41 am

j.o.e wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

Rowley is a madman yes.

I don’t think anyone cares that a lot of guns were given out. I think people have an issue with GG and his boys getting paid for it. There’s a big difference.
I am in support of all law abiding citizens getting guns if they want one but once you start accepting money under the table then the process far from clean.
Yes its true. Apparently almost everyone had to pay one way or the other. Be it cash or favors.
They should really make it so that its a right to get a FUL unless you have a criminal record or mental problems or violent or whatever

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 24th, 2022, 10:10 am

nobody in their right mind would allow a handful
of guys to corrupt a system to take 10s of millions
of course you might be more vex that you not getting a piece of that pie

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 24th, 2022, 10:24 am

Say what allyuh want,you are going to be the same people that put pnm back in power and will bend over and take the next budget without grease

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 24th, 2022, 10:31 am

timelapse wrote:Say what allyuh want,you are going to be the same people that put pnm back in power and will bend over and take the next budget without grease

Trini people for you.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 24th, 2022, 10:39 am

timelapse wrote:Say what allyuh want,you are going to be the same people that put pnm back in power and will bend over and take the next budget without grease
X10000

Rowley could come on a podium and call them jackarses and they will still put their tails between their legs and vote for him

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 24th, 2022, 10:50 am

PNM 2025 inches closer.

Nobody listening.

mero

Postby mero » August 24th, 2022, 10:54 am

Allyuh feel we so enshrined in corruption that its a guarantee that your hands WILL get dirty, or to even get granted a political career here, you had to sell your soul to influencers way before and you really have no choice?

Are there any noble, clean politicians?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 24th, 2022, 11:22 am

President Donald Trump.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 24th, 2022, 12:06 pm

how rowdy like ah lil gyul everytime he under presha does run go belmont to hold a sudden political meeting addressing d party's old die hards, d FAB, financiers & paid cepep workers who they forced to come to make up a crowd or they will fire dem

he frustrated cause he dunno wtf he doing & his only excuse is blame kamla, blame somebody else , d country never have $ & ghee him ah chance cause he doing he best .... all his dotish supporters does lap it like ah tusty dog

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 24th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Rowley and Anil having their little dispute and causing distractions for the small man. Let me remind you that these two are MULTI millionaires while the cost of living in this country continues to rise and the crime wave continues unabated. Rowley business along with his children and grandchildren and outside children business fixed.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 24th, 2022, 1:16 pm

Rovin wrote:how rowdy like ah lil gyul everytime he under presha does run go belmont to hold a sudden political meeting addressing d party's old die hards, d FAB, financiers & paid cepep workers who they forced to come to make up a crowd or they will fire dem

he frustrated cause he dunno wtf he doing & his only excuse is blame kamla, blame somebody else , d country never have $ & ghee him ah chance cause he doing he best .... all his dotish supporters does lap it like ah tusty dog

The PNM is a functioning party with a pre organized schedule of meetings. There are slight adjustments based on if political leader is abroad etc.
so there is no running to hold a meeting….
I don’t know because I am a member but I provide technical support to the company in charge of streaming etc from a telecoms level

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » August 24th, 2022, 1:23 pm

MaxPower wrote:PNM 2025 inches closer.

Nobody listening.

You might be right Max :|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 24th, 2022, 1:30 pm

mero wrote:Allyuh feel we so enshrined in corruption that its a guarantee that your hands WILL get dirty, or to even get granted a political career here, you had to sell your soul to influencers way before and you really have no choice?

Are there any noble, clean politicians?

Merz,

My Point Fortin MP Commander Kennedy Richards Jr. is clean as a whistle…a noble and good good man.

I admire his blackness and his greatness.

A man of the cloth

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 24th, 2022, 1:33 pm

pugboy wrote:nobody in their right mind would allow a handful

thats how Trinidad (and probably the world) works though

with almost everything

town and country clearance- must pay bribe...i have friends waiting 3-4 years for approvals who refusing to pay bribes
wasa and ttec connection...if you want it in a timely manner..you hadda know someone who could organise it

things you legally entitled to...you hadda bribe for

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » August 24th, 2022, 1:48 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:

with almost everything

town and country clearance- must pay bribe...i have friends waiting 3-4 years for approvals who refusing to pay bribes
wasa and ttec connection...if you want it in a timely manner..you hadda know someone who could organise it

People still doing town and country outside the city areas? Nobody I know ever went through them to build. Wasa is a scam to get connection but when I applied ttec for electricity was pretty straightforward and timely. No links necessary. Was actually impressed by their smooth service

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » August 24th, 2022, 2:01 pm

T&C is required if you need a mortgage for the house, people who build quickly or with cash can get around that.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 24th, 2022, 2:04 pm

alfa wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

with almost everything

People still doing town and country outside the city areas? Nobody I know ever went through them to build. Wasa is a scam to get connection but when I applied ttec for electricity was pretty straightforward and timely. No links necessary. Was actually impressed by their smooth service

yeah if you want loan to build or want to use the house to get a mortgage after, you have to get T&C approval

you can build cash and then wait 4 years and still use it to get a mortgage after though, if T&C dont harass you in the first 4 years they cant harass you after

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 24th, 2022, 2:26 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”