hover11 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
timelapse wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
Jason,

Isn’t calling sick and disrupting the service a normal day in the public service?

I agree the Govt is wasting our tax dollars but it would be a further waste to give increases that are not deserved and would do nothing for the citizens.

Yes, it's called sick leave :roll:
It's a normal benefit to pretty much every employee :roll:

Oh yeh you’re right.

Usually taken after weekend and after Carnival Monday and Tuesday.

Hope they get well soon.

You does control when you get sick? :roll:
Trade unions can control when you get sick, so why not?

yes, when the govt decide to keep wages low, when they supposed to boost it up... at tht time is hypertension.

the performance of any organisation is the responsiblity of the supervisors/managers/directors to ensure the workers work to standards, or they get workers who can perform at those standards.
if they fraid that they get challenged in court, they have to have metrics gathered over time to prove thier case.

but the piss poor management at public services woudl rather do piss poor management, and not do the nitty gritty work, and let the workers shoulder the blame.
This.....men blaming workers but they forget workers just do that ....work. the issues we have with the public service is managerial, square pegs in round holes and lots of favoritism. Productivity is measured in the form of appraisals which is done annually for you to get increments , if the supervisor or manager saying everybody in their department doing a great job when it's quite the opposite who is at fault?
How is a salary increase going to change all of this? Will the regular worker now be motivated to do a good job even though they will get a good appraisal whether they do a good job or not? Also, seeing that everyone gets a good appraisal and merit increases each year, are you really still working at 2013 salaries?
Increments are just 200 or max 500 increase in salary which is taxed. We don't work in the private sector where you get bonus at the end if the year. Also you used to work in the public service so you say so you should know you have to wait years for your Increments. Anyway to answer your question about productivity that is managerial, a worker cannot tell a manager how to run their ship, the employer, the government knows this issue exists similar to that of the homes and likewise they sit on their hands

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby pugboy » May 31st, 2022, 7:47 am

dear public servants,

you are an employee/servant doing a job, close your eyes and do it and stop toting and studying how your customers treat you good or bad. Do your job the same regardless.
if you learn to stop toting you will soon realise how much mental baggage you carrying over your head.
if you dont like it go and get another job instead of blaming everybody else.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 31st, 2022, 7:51 am

I can't agree with you there pug....I'm not a dog don't speak to me like one. Don't feel you could come cussing and I just supposed to sit there and take that I walking off on you. How about you leave whatever problems at the door and deal with ppl in a civilized manner. Cuz I dam sure you don't act so in the embassy or in the bank. Trinis really know what tree to climb
pugboy wrote:dear public servants,

you are an employee/servant doing a job, close your eyes and do it and stop toting and studying how your customers treat you good or bad. Do your job the same regardless.
if you learn to stop toting you will soon realise how much mental baggage you carrying over your head.

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Animal Pak » May 31st, 2022, 7:51 am

Private Sector jumping in here.

End of year bonus is NOT guaranteed.

You could be a rockstar employee and if the company doesn’t meet targets overall is salt for everybody.

Also, overtime and bonus if given is put into your salary and taxed overall.

So if your base salary is 5k and overtime is 10k you will be taxed on 15k.

Also again, contractors in the private sector generally do not get sick leave.

You don’t come to work you don’t get paid for the day.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 31st, 2022, 7:55 am

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
timelapse wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Yes, it's called sick leave :roll:
It's a normal benefit to pretty much every employee :roll:

Oh yeh you’re right.

Usually taken after weekend and after Carnival Monday and Tuesday.

Hope they get well soon.

You does control when you get sick? :roll:
Trade unions can control when you get sick, so why not?

yes, when the govt decide to keep wages low, when they supposed to boost it up... at tht time is hypertension.

the performance of any organisation is the responsiblity of the supervisors/managers/directors to ensure the workers work to standards, or they get workers who can perform at those standards.
if they fraid that they get challenged in court, they have to have metrics gathered over time to prove thier case.

but the piss poor management at public services woudl rather do piss poor management, and not do the nitty gritty work, and let the workers shoulder the blame.
This.....men blaming workers but they forget workers just do that ....work. the issues we have with the public service is managerial, square pegs in round holes and lots of favoritism. Productivity is measured in the form of appraisals which is done annually for you to get increments , if the supervisor or manager saying everybody in their department doing a great job when it's quite the opposite who is at fault?
How is a salary increase going to change all of this? Will the regular worker now be motivated to do a good job even though they will get a good appraisal whether they do a good job or not? Also, seeing that everyone gets a good appraisal and merit increases each year, are you really still working at 2013 salaries?
Increments are just 200 or max 500 increase in salary which is taxed. We don't work in the private sector where you get bonus at the end if the year. Also you used to work in the public service so you say so you should know you have to wait years for your Increments. Anyway to answer your question about productivity that is managerial, a worker cannot tell a manager how to run their ship, the employer, the government knows this issue exists similar to that of the homes and likewise they sit on their hands
Let's say you received the minimum increment of $200 before tax which works out to $1350 take home in 2022 on top of consolidated COLA. Of course you will not receive an end of year bonus because public servants don't earn income or Forex for the government. I challenge anyone in the private sector to be able to get an automatic increase of at least 1350 take home. Also where is the union when you don't get increments? Nobody filing a grievance at least? Or are union officials complicit in the status quo? Maybe the PG can sell his German luxury vehicle funded by union dues to help the workers.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 31st, 2022, 9:02 am

that’s the wrong approach, if a customer is behaving badly then somebody in authority speaks to the customer about their behavior and you take it from there and escalate if necessary.

you should still do that customer work without prejudice.

i think you are better suited to work in a fast food place where you can spit in the food since you toting so much.

hover11 wrote:I can't agree with you there pug....I'm not a dog don't speak to me like one. Don't feel you could come cussing and I just supposed to sit there and take that I walking off on you. How about you leave whatever problems at the door and deal with ppl in a civilized manner. Cuz I dam sure you don't act so in the embassy or in the bank. Trinis really know what tree to climb

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 31st, 2022, 9:19 am

Public Service increments need to be legally tied in to the national economy, be it one or more of a combination of performance indicators including GDP growth/export increases/budget surpluses.

Increases cannot be automatic just because time has passed. There are so much countries in the world to look at and see that more money without productive increases doesn't automatically make your life better especially in a country that is import dependent and worse yet primarily dependent on one industry to generate all the forex needed to fund the imports.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 31st, 2022, 9:24 am

Pug,

That's your opinion sir. I give Excellent service from the commendations I recieve, first things first I being paid to deliver a service not being paid to be berated or spoken to as if I'm your child. So I would walk off and let the manager handle that. I believe if you were in your job and someone cussing u , you definitely not taking that but to each his own, you speak like this because you on the other side of the fence
pugboy wrote:that’s the wrong approach, if a customer is behaving badly then somebody in authority speaks to the customer about their behavior and you take it from there and escalate if necessary.

i think you are better suited to work in a fast food place where you can spit in the food since you toting so much.

hover11 wrote:I can't agree with you there pug....I'm not a dog don't speak to me like one. Don't feel you could come cussing and I just supposed to sit there and take that I walking off on you. How about you leave whatever problems at the door and deal with ppl in a civilized manner. Cuz I dam sure you don't act so in the embassy or in the bank. Trinis really know what tree to climb
Last edited by hover11 on May 31st, 2022, 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 31st, 2022, 9:32 am

hover11 wrote:Pug,

That's your opinion sir. I give Excellent service from the commendations I recieve, first things first I being paid to deliver a service not being paid to be berated or spoken you like I'm your child. So I would walk off and let the manager handle that. I believe you in your job and someone cussing u , you definitely not taking that but to each his own
pugboy wrote:that’s the wrong approach, if a customer is behaving badly then somebody in authority speaks to the customer about their behavior and you take it from there and escalate if necessary.

Good job on delivering excellent service based on the commendations that you received. Have these commendations translated into good appraisals and therefore merit increases? Or is your manager or supervisor a square peg that gives good appraisals no matter what? If so, are you really delivering excellent service and are you still working at 2013 salary levels?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 31st, 2022, 11:00 am

pugboy wrote:dear public servants,

X10000.

All i hear is excuses from the public service. If they not blaming management, they blaming the customers, ANY excuse to justify their piss poor disgusting attitude and productivity. ANY little thing happen and these people just shut down and continue to inconvenience and stress out others.

I understand that people can be animals, we already know this especially coming from Trinis. But this is the job. If you cannot deal with a irate and difficult customer, then you are INcompetent and INcapable of doing what you are being paid to do. Leave and stop milking a salary if you don’t plan on working for it.

We need to stop this OH this one “getting on” so i am not helping them. Public servants need to STOP that attitude and DO their damn job. In most cases, public servants are the main reason why customers are pissed because they have waited for so long and they are observing every thing public servants are doing. They know who suppose to start 8am but gracefully strolling in 8:30 WITH attitude and screw pan. NO good morning, NO manners, OH dem is Govt worker. AND to make it worse their body language, posture, slow motion and giggling keekeekaka AND long ass lunch breaks are easily noticed by those waiting. So brace allyuh damn self when the people eventually reach the counter.

No one is holding public servants by their necks and choking them. No one is taking a belt and violently whipping them to get the laziness out. One lil shake up and loud up and wuk done? Na man, we have to be better than that. If a customer is upset, then the public servant has a duty to make it better, not be revengeful.

If the public service wants a raise, then the entire country should get a raise because raising only their salaries makes no sense.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 31st, 2022, 11:17 am

Trinis need to learn to read, there are alot of illiterate trinis out here who expect ppl to baby them up and complete forms on their behalf, that's not how this works when you have hundreds of other customers to see after. Learn to follow basic instructions and have a little patience

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 31st, 2022, 12:25 pm

hover11 wrote:Trinis need to learn to read, there are alot of illiterate trinis out here who expect ppl to baby them up and complete forms on their behalf, that's not how this works when you have hundreds of other customers to see after. Learn to follow basic instructions and have a little patience

Jason,

I agree with this. But ALL public servants themselves have to be patient as well especially when it comes to forms. Treat EVERY customer as if they have not filled out a form and prepare to deal with it. If they have completed it, then fine, if not, either ASSIST them or have them fill it out, simple and move on. Public servants MUST be patient, it’s not a choice.

The patience part is all on the public service.

They must be able to position themselves accordingly and be ready to work effectively and efficiently and not use “have some patience” as an excuse to work on their own timing.

If we must have patience, then WE, the citizens have to see things in motion. The public service image is currently utterly despicable and intimidating to many and they can get some patience but don’t take it for granted.

Jason, the Public Service must do better.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 31st, 2022, 1:22 pm

^Exactly,

it cannot be a chicken and egg situation of blame, the vendor(public servants) supposed to set the example, you cannot be looking to penalize the customers with bad service because you dont like them or their attitude.
workers need to learn to separate their personal feelings from the job function.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 31st, 2022, 1:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:Trinis need to learn to read, there are alot of illiterate trinis out here who expect ppl to baby them up and complete forms on their behalf, that's not how this works when you have hundreds of other customers to see after. Learn to follow basic instructions and have a little patience

Jason,

I agree with this. But ALL public servants themselves have to be patient as well especially when it comes to forms. Treat EVERY customer as if they have not filled out a form and prepare to deal with it. If they have completed it, then fine, if not, either ASSIST them or have them fill it out, simple and move on. Public servants MUST be patient, it’s not a choice.

The patience part is all on the public service.

They must be able to position themselves accordingly and be ready to work effectively and efficiently and not use “have some patience” as an excuse to work on their own timing.

If we must have patience, then WE, the citizens have to see things in motion. The public service image is currently utterly despicable and intimidating to many and they can get some patience but don’t take it for granted.

Jason, the Public Service must do better.
Max ,

Like I said that doesn't happen you can't go in the embassy if your documents are not in order nor the bank if they tell you complete a form nobody filling out a form for you. You are an adult learn to read and write simple as that. Sorry for being frank but to me that's how it is unless you have some disability that's the only way I will help.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 31st, 2022, 1:48 pm

pugboy wrote:^Exactly,

it cannot be a chicken and egg situation of blame, the vendor(public servants) supposed to set the example, you cannot be looking to penalize the customers with bad service because you dont like them or their attitude.
workers need to learn to separate their personal feelings from the job function.

All correct pug.

Now i understand where Jason is coming from, and i cannot even begin to imagine the stress he and his colleagues are under.

But they have put themselves in this position and have given this poor image. The citizens are FED up and it is obvious why they would have all this dissatisfaction, disappointment and honestly speaking….hate towards public servants. I mean people wake up VEX when they know they have to deal with the public service.

Coming to work on time, working efficiently and having respect can go a very long way. For heavens sake, if you are you under pressure from management as MOST people are worldwide, for the love of the almighty, don’t let it show and take out the frustration on the customers because it now affects the entire operation.

As Jason mentioned, management has a part to play and are responsible for many things, BUT the public servants MUST start showing SOME sort of initiative and willingness BEFORE they deserve ANY increase.

Reach to work on time, do your work and be courteous and kind to everyone.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 31st, 2022, 2:03 pm

hover11 wrote:Max ,

Like I said that doesn't happen you can't go in the embassy if your documents are not in order nor the bank if they tell you complete a form nobody filling out a form for you. You are an adult learn to read and write simple as that. Sorry for being frank but to me that's how it is unless you have some disability that's the only way I will help.

Jason,

Are you saying that you will not be helping an able bodied person to fill out a form if they ask, forget or are unaware?

When i used to customer service work back in the day, brother i have my pen waiting and i filling that form out for them in no time.

We can’t allow these petty issues to interfere with the productivity.

Understand what extending a service and going the extra mile for customers mean.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 31st, 2022, 2:13 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:Max ,

Jason,

Are you saying that you will not be helping an able bodied person to fill out a form if they ask, forget or are unaware?

When i used to customer service work back in the day, brother i have my pen waiting and i filling that form out for them in no time.

We can’t allow these petty issues to interfere with the productivity.

Understand what extending a service and going the extra mile for customers mean.
Max I can't help an able bodied person fill out a form when I have 50 other persons to see about, the time it taking to help this one person I could have helped the 50. Then if I take time to help this person, the other 50 will say the same thing you are saying here. Public servants inefficient, look how long I here, I have places to be etc. I have been to the DMV in Florida and they do NOT help you fill out forms, everybody is big ppl , my job is not to help you read or write.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 31st, 2022, 3:13 pm

It has begun......
TSTT serves retrenchment notices to 468
by

1 hour ago
Tue May 31 2022

TSTT House, Port-of-Spain.

ROBERTO CODALLO

ADVERTISEMENT