TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby timelapse » June 20th, 2022, 2:09 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Kronik wrote:
hover11 wrote:Rowley: New 4% wage offer costs $2.5b in back pay alone

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/06/19/rowley ... pay-alone/

While I empathize with the state, the workforce was under serious strain over the past couple of years...
The applause and verbal "thank you"s are well appreciated, but 4% won't cut it.

Lesson from this: Don't let 2 negotiating periods meet up...

Now they saying 2.5b it costing for backpay, but 25% of that will be taxed $625m.

And like you say don't let the negotiation periods meet up, all the time the money sitting in the govt accounts getting interest (whatever little it was), when that money was due to be paid to the workers years ago. Why they don't put the breakdown as to how much it costing per outstanding period, because that's backpay for what, the past 8 years? Always trying to exaggerate costs and throw big numbers to justify not paying ppl.

Majority of that money (minus the tax) going right back into the economy for you to purchase items (and pay an additional 12.5% tax)
This is what I dont understand this will actually breathe some life into the economy. Where business can actually pick up putting spending power back into the working class but the rum shop economist imbert believes he knows better
Everyone agrees that an increase is justified, the problem is where the funding is coming from, whether increased taxes, hsf, cut backs in other areas or just use all the windfall money. We know this government cannot increase revenue, so it looks like someone will have to suffer for the public servants to get their increase.
Can it come from all the taxes that ministers avoid when bringing in their high end vehicles?
Asking for a friend

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 20th, 2022, 9:10 pm

When Foster's degree issue popped up I told a partner we will suddenly see posts about Reshmi and other PP frauds.

Supporters of both major parties so predictable!!!
IMG_20220620_104139.jpg

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby paid_influencer » June 20th, 2022, 9:20 pm

next in line for the PNM probably Penny Beckles or, god forbid, Camille.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 20th, 2022, 9:20 pm

bluefete wrote:I thought long and hard before posting. I was going to put this in the WTF thread but it fits better here:

ALLEGEDLY:

NOTE: C. A. O'Brady, the FB poster of this, is a full-fledged UNC Supporter

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=21 ... 9374955552

Always knew something was up with him from the time Rowley asked to be interviewed by him ONLY....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 21st, 2022, 11:56 am

well nothing new here , d pee nm has always had a line in d media despite of all media houses claims of be totally independent unbiased non-political etc blah blah ...

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 21st, 2022, 12:39 pm

Rovin wrote:i sure plenty ppl including pee nm supporters think rowdy is sh1t but d other alternative eh know when ppl doh want she anymore & time to pull she tail 1side & let somebody else get a chance

who allyuh feel will be d next successor to rowdy in his party though - i doubt manning son will get dat job so easy cause who he fadda was , even though he is not of african descent stuey looking like d no1 contender being groomed for d job ... surely not imps, rohan, fairy, teary, behinds or camel

The only tangible successor to Rowley right now is Penelope Beckles and she is doing everything on FB to ensure that people know that :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rest of them are a total waste of time.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 21st, 2022, 1:52 pm

They was on cummings, and might still push him, cause pnm like corruption.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » June 21st, 2022, 1:57 pm

bluefete wrote:I thought long and hard before posting. I was going to put this in the WTF thread but it fits better here:

ALLEGEDLY:

NOTE: C. A. O'Brady, the FB poster of this, is a full-fledged UNC Supporter

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=21 ... 9374955552

Isn't he also a Dominican national? Why are these opportunities being given to people who are non nationals?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 21st, 2022, 2:36 pm

bluefete wrote:
Rovin wrote:i sure plenty ppl including pee nm supporters think rowdy is sh1t but d other alternative eh know when ppl doh want she anymore & time to pull she tail 1side & let somebody else get a chance

who allyuh feel will be d next successor to rowdy in his party though - i doubt manning son will get dat job so easy cause who he fadda was , even though he is not of african descent stuey looking like d no1 contender being groomed for d job ... surely not imps, rohan, fairy, teary, behinds or camel

The only tangible successor to Rowley right now is Penelope Beckles and she is doing everything on FB to ensure that people know that :lol: :lol: :lol:

i deliberately didnt include her name cause i have a feeling pee nm is like long time ppl who doh want no woman as leader

ppl does do like she is d nice quiet decent 1 but those who around long will remember when her fadda formed a company which was only a few mths old & got govt contracts ... she defence was buh is not mine dise meh fadda own , same thing politicians doing for decades : registering thing in family name & awarding them contract like d public chupid & wont figure it out

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 21st, 2022, 8:57 pm

Rovin wrote:
bluefete wrote:

i deliberately didnt include her name cause i have a feeling pee nm is like long time ppl who doh want no woman as leader

ppl does do like she is d nice quiet decent 1 but those who around long will remember when her fadda formed a company which was only a few mths old & got govt contracts ... she defence was buh is not mine dise meh fadda own , same thing politicians doing for decades : registering thing in family name & awarding them contract like d public chupid & wont figure it out

givin the unprecendented ability to follow massa orders and to be completely oblivious regardless of facts and/or function i would say Hinds is the natural selection. Easy to control and dupe, he also easily weaponizes their dunce supporters and isn't afraid to to absolve all form of responsibility or maintain parliamentary etiquette, standards, respect or decorum. In fact, come to think of it this man is a natural born PNM leader i see no possible challenger.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 21st, 2022, 9:23 pm

daxt0r wrote:
Rovin wrote:
bluefete wrote:

givin the unprecendented ability to follow massa orders and to be completely oblivious regardless of facts and/or function i would say Hinds is the natural selection. Easy to control and dupe, he also easily weaponizes their dunce supporters and isn't afraid to to absolve all form of responsibility or maintain parliamentary etiquette, standards, respect or decorum. In fact, come to think of it this man is a natural born PNM leader i see no possible challenger.

Yes, for real. But Rowley is the perfect oreo, they will miss him baddd

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 22nd, 2022, 3:56 am

Much like how emperor Palpatine had a literal strong black man as the front of the Republic...

The peenm needs to have d same to keep the gutter race based politics alive.

1% Divide and Conquer

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 22nd, 2022, 6:00 am

bluefete wrote:

I would say Beckles and Browne

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 22nd, 2022, 11:49 am

is like picking from various forms of poop ...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 22nd, 2022, 12:57 pm

I must say...whoever in charge of PNM PR on a next level.
Wanted to just post the link but this level of creative writing deserves to stand on its own in entirety.

Warren Charles
Jun 20, 2022
By what means do we measure a man? To whom do we tip our hats in the vicious arena in the court of public opinion. I found myself asking these existential questions the other day as I was forced to look down the dark and dismal barrel of my own hypocritical gun of public opinion as I was silenced in the middle of my verbal annihilation of the Minister of Youth Development and National Service, Foster Cummings.

It all started mid-air on a flight to New York. Be it twisted fate or sheer happenstance, in true Trini fashion, I struck up a conversation with an elderly gentleman next to me. He was quite soft-spoken yet stoic in presence, someone you can tell doesn’t waste their time on planet Earth.

But as in true Trini fashion, the conversation came around to politics, and as everyone knows, every Trini knows what has to be fixed in this country. Is just dem dotish politicians doh know, obviously.

As the topic of the youth and the state of affairs of the youth came around, salivating at the mouth, I went to town on Minister Cummings. As I sank my teeth into that juicy morsel of what I thought was a slam-dunk topic for me, I spoke about his disillusioned state or awareness of what is really happening, and his being drunk with privilege is just one more reason that Trinidad “gone to the dogs!”

“Son,” he calmly and warmly engaged, with his silver-haired chin, now tucked in, with curious eyes perched over his spectacles, he asked, “Do you know the history of the man you are speaking about?”

In an instant, I rebutted with an air of convincing swaggered bravado, “Of course! Everyone knows Foster.”

“Really?” he asked, and with a mischievous smirk on his face, he then proceeded to ask me a question I was not prepared for, “Would you share with me what you know of the man?”

At this point I realised I had painted myself into the corner of the room as I hadn’t any real answer of substance for him, so as any normal, self-respecting adult would do, I resorted to childishly asking him, “Well, do you?”

Certain the argument was over at this point, I quickly discovered, boy was I wrong. As the elderly gentleman was a former teacher of “Young Foster” and he had quite a lot to say. So much so, I was left reflecting my own life and what the court of public opinion can do to any of us, as hard as this is to admit, I had to write this article to bring some balance to the public opinion and execution-style slanderous justice we feel we all deserve to dish out to our public figures, especially without really knowing them.

He went on to share his earliest memories of Foster growing up at Indian Trail Village, Couva, and what I can only describe as very humble beginnings.

The son of a market vendor, Mr Tobias would recall Minister Cummings’s tiny voice bellowing at the top of his lungs in Couva Market in his little Milton Presbyterian Primary School uniform, as he helped support his family as he assisted his mother to sell at the Couva Market after school.

The elderly man said the level of strength, determination and sense of responsibility he saw in the then young Foster, even at the age of nine or ten, made him sit up and pay close attention to him.

As faith would have it, Mr Tobias said he had the pleasure of personally being his former teacher in Couva Junior Secondary School.

He recollected the focus and determination in “that young man” as he proudly expressed he remembered a distinctive memory of young Foster regularly expressing to him, saying, “Sir, when I get big, I am going to be a millionaire and hire plenty! plenty! people!”

He explained that “Mr Foster”, as he recalled, was always popular with the other kids, as he was always the first in line to come to the defence of his fellow students, with an old soul temperament. He would never pass up the opportunity to debate on behalf of another student’s defence.

As he glanced out the plane’s window, with an almost boastful side smirk, he recalled young Foster was elected school prefect and coordinated bake sales and tuck shop sales in school, but always employed his classmates in any of his business ventures.

After leaving Couva Junior Sec, he went on to Carapichaima Senior Comprehensive. He would meet him in the market on weekends with his mother faithfully helping to support his family.

He went on to reminisce on his secret admiration for Foster as he watched him continue to sell in the market, even after he left secondary school.

Mr Tobias said they lost track for a while, but he would see him from time to time.

He remembers young Cummings going on to Cipriani Labour College to further his studies and, later on, with his keen entrepreneurial spirit, he started his own business, and, of course, hiring more people than he needed at the time. But that was always his mentality, as Mr Tobias chuckled.

I would tell him he is paying too many workers, and every time, he would greet me with a big, broad smile and warm embrace, where he would shrug and utter, “I ain’t hiring enough, you mean!”

He recalled seeing him with a Spandex store one time, then a car rental business as another, and every time they meet, with a broad, embracing smile, he would say, “Sir, ah getting there.”

By this time, he stated, young Foster was in UWI, St Augustine, while at the same time running his own car rental business.

They lost contact for a number of years, then met back up where he shared that he had acquired his Bachelor’s in Political Science and he was the owner of his very own thriving construction and real estate development company.
It was at this point he shared his political aspirations with Mr Tobias, as he remembered Foster telling him that money was not enough to make a change. He realised that any real change can only take place from inside the political arena. “I told him that he was speeding towards Crazy Town to enter that den of sharks.”
Fast-forward four years, now retired, Mr Tobias remembers getting the news of his old pupil and market vendor-turned-entrepreneur, who was now sworn in as a temporary senator in 2008.
He said they reconnected not long after as they met back in a grocery store in Chaguanas and they are still in contact.

He proudly boasted of his influence in the minister’s passion to work with youth as he saw himself as a mentor to the young Foster and believes he was an influence in the now minister’s passion and drive for the youth of Trinidad and Tobago.
He highlighted several initiatives that his past student is now engaged in, like the young farmers programme, entrepreneurial initiatives, and working with the youth of his constituency of La Horquetta/Talparo.
At the end of our plane ride, we said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways.

In the following days and weeks, the feeling of cognitive dissonance turned back to doubt. I said to myself that guy had to be a political stooge. So as days turned to weeks, I was left with an unsettling feeling, was that true? Was the guy being honest or was he just another political stooge? As that unsettling feeling grew, I realised that all the while I was pointing fingers at the people in power, there are people braver than me that went a step further to do something about it.
The story brought great personal awareness and profundity to myself, as I was now faced with the man in the mirror and what I was doing to make a difference myself, regardless of the court of popular opinion.
So I urge anyone reading this, look at your man in the mirror and what does he or she reflects a person with value or values.

But for what it’s worth, this citizen is now a fan. We all have to be the change we want to see in this world. If you are unhappy with what you see, do something about it. If a market vendor can make it to the political halls of influence, then you and I have no excuse valid enough.

Thanks for the motivation, Minister Cummings. Keep toiling in the vineyards, my brother. You have a supporter in me.

https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/let ... d.amp.html

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 22nd, 2022, 7:19 pm

Saw a vid with someone saying Rowley having a meeting in maracas with cg, army, and other big groups..

SoE owah?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 22nd, 2022, 8:11 pm

Isn't he in California?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 22nd, 2022, 8:32 pm

IMBERT LOST TO JWALA

The State lost the case brought by former Central Bank Governor Jwala Rambaran, whose rights were violated by Imbert when he dismissed him.

The process by which Rambaran was dismissed as CBTT Governor was seriously flawed.

Imbert breached his right to protection of the law and right to a fair hearing.

Termination was illegal null and void and of no effect.

The state will have to pay compensation to Rambarran for salary and all his benefits from Dec 2015- July 2017 (the remainder of the contract) Plus $175k vindicatory damages and plus legal costs certified fit for Senior Counsel.

Rambarran was represented by former Attorney General Anand Ramlogan SC, Jayanti Lutchmedial and Kent Samlal instructed by Vishal Siewsaran and Natasha Bisram.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 22nd, 2022, 8:33 pm

As usual another L for the red government

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 22nd, 2022, 10:07 pm

hover11 wrote:IMBERT LOST TO JWALA

The State lost the case brought by former Central Bank Governor Jwala Rambaran, whose rights were violated by Imbert when he dismissed him.

The process by which Rambaran was dismissed as CBTT Governor was seriously flawed.

Imbert breached his right to protection of the law and right to a fair hearing.

Termination was illegal null and void and of no effect.

The state will have to pay compensation to Rambarran for salary and all his benefits from Dec 2015- July 2017 (the remainder of the contract) Plus $175k vindicatory damages and plus legal costs certified fit for Senior Counsel.

Rambarran was represented by former Attorney General Anand Ramlogan SC, Jayanti Lutchmedial and Kent Samlal instructed by Vishal Siewsaran and Natasha Bisram.
Would like to hear Habit7 and Redman comments on this

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 22nd, 2022, 11:28 pm

Anand Ramlogan have more wins than Faris/Armour together as AG for the past 7 years...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 22nd, 2022, 11:40 pm

Trinidad Mad Man - We Fed Up

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 23rd, 2022, 9:16 am

The Piarco International airport has topped the region as the Best Airport in the Caribbean by the Skytrax 2022 World Airport Awards. According to a press release from the Airport Authority, with respect to the Global Region the airport has also been ranked the Third Best Airport by Skytrax, edged out only by Panama's Tocumen International Airport and Costa Rica's San Jose International Airport.

The following is a press release from the Airport Authority:

Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (“the Authority”) is pleased to announce that the Piarco International Airport has again topped the region as the Best Airport in the Caribbean, as declared by the Skytrax 2022 World Airport Awards.

In addition, with respect to the Global Region - Central America and the Caribbean, the Piarco International Airport has been ranked the Third Best Airport by Skytrax, edged out only by Panama's Tocumen International Airport and Costa Rica's San Jose International Airport.

General Manager of the Authority, Mr. Hayden Newton, believes that “these accomplishments are as a result of the perseverance and resilience of our employees, who continue to work diligently, despite prevailing challenges, to ensure that we consistently achieve high standards of safety and security while demonstrating operational efficiency and service excellence”.

Mr Newton added that, “these accolades are significant not just for the Authority but also for the nation of Trinidad and Tobago, and give us competitive advantage within the Caribbean region”. Skytrax World Airport Awards are the most prestigious accolades for the airport industry.

This independent global customer satisfaction survey is considered a benchmark of quality standards for the aviation sector. It assesses customer service and airport infrastructure of over five hundred and fifty airports worldwide.

The Authority intends to continue to lead the region by maintaining the highest standards of operational efficiency and customer service at both the Piarco and ANR Robinson International Airports, and making valuable contributions that would enhance the attractiveness of destination Trinidad and Tobago. 

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/piarco- ... 208ef81780

UNC airport ranking

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 23rd, 2022, 11:38 am

well dat interesting , d same so called cowshed when unc\panday built it

i guessing they chose it b4 dat big POS starbucks was placed in d middle of it ...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2022, 8:50 pm

Kickstart wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Williams was overrated and may not have reached the political heights he achieved with a more learned population like today. Even in the end of his run he knew his time was up but that being said, fact is he is the first PM and the father of the nation.
The only unstained PNM prime minister we ever had was Chambers. All the rest were and present in corruption.

The same Chambers who allegedly paid 3100 USD for American nanny?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2022, 8:53 pm

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:Time to consider the president office redundant as it is a burden to the tax paying citizens
Is the president being paid 2b to fund the increase? Where are the cuts and increases coming from?
The president is a redundant post ....surely even you can agree it is pointless. With the cost of housing and salaries aside from basically being a rubber stamp on bills to be passed and waving during independence parade please tell me what her purpose is....I didn't ask if we spending billions....fact is taxpayers money is leaking out on a redundant post

Don't study wing, if the money can't be found from a single source, it seems he is against it. Apparently several sources can't make up the amount in his LFD RFD PNM addled brain.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2022, 8:57 pm

Rovin wrote:
bluefete wrote:

The same thing Jackarse Wari was/is doing. Then you have the extra stink ones like Impsy and Guy Smiley who actually have their wives at the trough with them, with no pretense or disguising of conflict of interest

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 23rd, 2022, 10:15 pm

is pnm INTENTIONALLY crashing the ekonomee... so that every state asset will be bankrupted and sold to 1% at fire sale prices...

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 23rd, 2022, 11:05 pm

sMASH wrote:is pnm INTENTIONALLY crashing the ekonomee... so that every state asset will be bankrupted and sold to 1% at fire sale prices...
It's the same with no road repairs

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 24th, 2022, 12:17 am

Kickstart wrote:
sMASH wrote:is pnm INTENTIONALLY crashing the ekonomee... so that every state asset will be bankrupted and sold to 1% at fire sale prices...
It's the same with no road repairs

They patching these days but in most cases, the same patches are compromised in about a month or two.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”