Postby MaxPower » June 15th, 2022, 3:51 pm

Pleasant good afternoon matr1x.

Welcome back.

How was your cleansing?

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby matr1x » June 15th, 2022, 7:29 pm

It was great. Went to the vene protest and carried bottles of cold water. Can't believe they had their kids out there with no water on a hot day.

Also I see your AG in trouble. Stories about social development siphoning close to a billion dollars. Damn.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby hover11 » June 19th, 2022, 9:06 am

Rowley: New 4% wage offer costs $2.5b in back pay alone

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/06/19/rowley ... pay-alone/

While I empathize with the state, the workforce was under serious strain over the past couple of years...
The applause and verbal "thank you"s are well appreciated, but 4% won't cut it.

Lesson from this: Don't let 2 negotiating periods meet up...

matr1x

Postby matr1x » June 19th, 2022, 9:25 am

I have no empathy for the states.

Also.i see we ghost president talk...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 19th, 2022, 9:43 am

Time to consider the president office redundant as it is a burden to the tax paying citizens

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 19th, 2022, 11:52 am

hover11 wrote:Rowley: New 4% wage offer costs $2.5b in back pay alone

While I empathize with the state, the workforce was under serious strain over the past couple of years...

14 to 16
17 to 19
20 to 22

These are the periods 2 elapsed and the current one.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 19th, 2022, 12:05 pm

hover11 wrote:Time to consider the president office redundant as it is a burden to the tax paying citizens
Is the president being paid 2b to fund the increase? Where are the cuts and increases coming from?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 19th, 2022, 12:19 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:Time to consider the president office redundant as it is a burden to the tax paying citizens
Is the president being paid 2b to fund the increase? Where are the cuts and increases coming from?
The president is a redundant post ....surely even you can agree it is pointless. With the cost of housing and salaries aside from basically being a rubber stamp on bills to be passed and waving during independence parade please tell me what her purpose is....I didn't ask if we spending billions....fact is taxpayers money is leaking out on a redundant post

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 19th, 2022, 12:19 pm

matr1x wrote:It was great. Went to the vene protest and carried bottles of cold water. Can't believe they had their kids out there with no water on a hot day.

Also I see your AG in trouble. Stories about social development siphoning close to a billion dollars. Damn.

Nice to hear bro.

Rest assured, their thirst was quenched by the supporting public.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 19th, 2022, 12:28 pm

Now they saying 2.5b it costing for backpay, but 25% of that will be taxed $625m.

And like you say don't let the negotiation periods meet up, all the time the money sitting in the govt accounts getting interest (whatever little it was), when that money was due to be paid to the workers years ago. Why they don't put the breakdown as to how much it costing per outstanding period, because that's backpay for what, the past 8 years? Always trying to exaggerate costs and throw big numbers to justify not paying ppl.

Majority of that money (minus the tax) going right back into the economy for you to purchase items (and pay an additional 12.5% tax)

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 19th, 2022, 1:20 pm

Kronik wrote:

Now they saying 2.5b it costing for backpay, but 25% of that will be taxed $625m.

And like you say don't let the negotiation periods meet up, all the time the money sitting in the govt accounts getting interest (whatever little it was), when that money was due to be paid to the workers years ago. Why they don't put the breakdown as to how much it costing per outstanding period, because that's backpay for what, the past 8 years? Always trying to exaggerate costs and throw big numbers to justify not paying ppl.

Majority of that money (minus the tax) going right back into the economy for you to purchase items (and pay an additional 12.5% tax)
This is what I dont understand this will actually breathe some life into the economy. Where business can actually pick up putting spending power back into the working class but the rum shop economist imbert believes he knows better

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 19th, 2022, 2:33 pm

hover11 wrote:
Kronik wrote:

This is what I dont understand this will actually breathe some life into the economy. Where business can actually pick up putting spending power back into the working class but the rum shop economist imbert believes he knows better
Everyone agrees that an increase is justified, the problem is where the funding is coming from, whether increased taxes, hsf, cut backs in other areas or just use all the windfall money. We know this government cannot increase revenue, so it looks like someone will have to suffer for the public servants to get their increase.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 19th, 2022, 2:49 pm

Listen, politicians always finds the money that benefits them and their pockets. Let the public servants get their just due, especially since they are enduring inflation.

That being said, there are non-performers in the public service. At the risk of upsetting the PSA, the state needs to go in hard and weed them out even if it means changes in legislation. This is one area that the government will receive public support on.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » June 19th, 2022, 3:01 pm

MaxPower wrote:
matr1x wrote:It was great. Went to the vene protest and carried bottles of cold water. Can't believe they had their kids out there with no water on a hot day.

Nice to hear bro.

Rest assured, their thirst was quenched by the supporting public.

Absolutely! I drank the water infront of them.

What? They can't afford water?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 19th, 2022, 3:38 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Listen, politicians always finds the money that benefits them and their pockets. Let the public servants get their just due, especially since they are enduring inflation.

That being said, there are non-performers in the public service. At the risk of upsetting the PSA, the state needs to go in hard and weed them out even if it means changes in legislation. This is one area that the government will receive public support on.
X10000

Politicians find money for everything else so what is the issue now.How many non disclosure agreements this government has currently? They find the money though. So what's the problem now. You the employer know you have a collective bargaining agreement every three years that is not the workers' fault that you reneged on your obligations.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 19th, 2022, 4:05 pm

hover11 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Listen, politicians always finds the money that benefits them and their pockets. Let the public servants get their just due, especially since they are enduring inflation.

X10000

Politicians find money for everything else so what is the issue now.How many non disclosure agreements this government has currently? They find the money though. So what's the problem now. You the employer know you have a collective bargaining agreement every three years that is not the workers' fault that you reneged on your obligations.
Guess what, it's the politicians who in charge of the treasury and they not touching their cut. So guess what, they will rather increase taxes, or cut somewhere else if they can't find the money somewhere. Depending on politicians to do the right thing is wishful thinking. So it's between a rock and a hard place. Like I said earlier, the government keeps getting a positive appraisal every five years significant help from public sector voters.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » June 19th, 2022, 4:17 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Everyone agrees that an increase is justified, the problem is where the funding is coming from, whether increased taxes, hsf, cut backs in other areas or just use all the windfall money. We know this government cannot increase revenue, so it looks like someone will have to suffer for the public servants to get their increase.
The PNM is boasting that they made billions in profits from Petrotrin, maybe thats where it is coming from . Other than that what are they doing with these profits that they speak off.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 19th, 2022, 5:09 pm

I thought long and hard before posting. I was going to put this in the WTF thread but it fits better here:

ALLEGEDLY:

NOTE: C. A. O'Brady, the FB poster of this, is a full-fledged UNC Supporter

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=21 ... 9374955552

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 19th, 2022, 5:12 pm

better have court clothes and be ready to prove they sleeping

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 19th, 2022, 5:15 pm

pugboy wrote:better have court clothes and be ready to prove they sleeping

That is the general sentiment right now.

IMO, If he got a better offer that makes it easier to mind himself and/or family, good for him.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2022, 5:56 pm

What post is he taking up?
What are his qualifications?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 19th, 2022, 7:10 pm

hmm dise ah nice piece of $$$

i guess nepotism is d issue here ...

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2022, 7:17 pm

Not if he's qualified and fits the intended post.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 19th, 2022, 7:30 pm

Pnm fix up they boy just like jw and Natalee

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » June 19th, 2022, 7:32 pm

75,000 a month WTF

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 19th, 2022, 7:44 pm

even if ur d best or most qualified in ur field in d country once u get hired by aunt\uncle, mom\dad, cousin, niece\nephew , padna , fren , BF\GF, an ex , neighbor, anybody u know etc once ur known in 1 way\other & u not a total strange it going have a perception that ahhh boi u gt cause u did know d ppl ....

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » June 20th, 2022, 10:23 am

Rowley is now a misfit for Trinidad and Tobago. He get bright until he talking to trinis as little children. Doh take no disrespect from no politician. Fire Rowley is you that hire him. Teach Rowley a lesson.How ppl could continue voting for a man who addresses his ppl like dogs? Anyway we like it so.
FB_IMG_1655734871817.jpg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 20th, 2022, 12:23 pm

Jason,

Rowley will go when he is ready to go.

Ask Kams.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 20th, 2022, 1:11 pm

i sure plenty ppl including pee nm supporters think rowdy is sh1t but d other alternative eh know when ppl doh want she anymore & time to pull she tail 1side & let somebody else get a chance

who allyuh feel will be d next successor to rowdy in his party though - i doubt manning son will get dat job so easy cause who he fadda was , even though he is not of african descent stuey looking like d no1 contender being groomed for d job ... surely not imps, rohan, fairy, teary, behinds or camel

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » June 20th, 2022, 1:15 pm

Foster

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”