Forums

Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DMan7
punchin NOS

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby DMan7 » May 29th, 2022, 12:28 pm

The quareling over a 2% increase and they driving band new cars? Tell me exactly how they suffering.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 29th, 2022, 12:32 pm

DMan7 wrote:The quareling over a 2% increase and they driving band new cars? Tell me exactly how they suffering.
Because the value of a dollar in 2013 is not the value of a dollar in 2022. What I could of bought with 100 dollars in the grocery in 2013 I cannot do today. 2013 I could fill my gas tank with 120 dollars, today I cannot....comprende? Where was this level of concern when politicians increased their salaries and annex their pensions?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » May 29th, 2022, 12:45 pm

So when did they buy the new car in 2013?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 29th, 2022, 12:48 pm

DMan7 wrote:So when did they buy the new car in 2013?
Answering a question with a question this is where I end this conversation

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » May 29th, 2022, 12:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2022, 1:17 pm

i like to observe the mindsets of ppl
there are some who believe that their job owes it to pay them continuously a rate to enjoy or cover whatever the prevailing conditions/inflation etc are and there is nothing wrong with that.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 29th, 2022, 1:49 pm

pugboy wrote:i like to observe the mindsets of ppl
there are some who believe that their job owes it to pay them continuously a rate to enjoy or cover whatever the prevailing conditions/inflation etc are and there is nothing wrong with that.
Pug ,

A fair day's pay for a fair day worked. If all these things such as flour, gas , NIS , groceries increase and your pay doesn't, then you have essentially lost most of your spending power.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2022, 1:56 pm

or get a better job

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 29th, 2022, 1:57 pm

Jason, if i may interject.

T&T is not getting a fair day’s work for the public service. Inefficiency and incompetency is rampant and the public is feeling the full brunt of the inconvenience which is totally frustrating.

Before all the increases in expenditure, when the pay was “fair”, were we getting a fair day’s work?

We never were Jason and we never will with an increase in salary.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2022, 2:07 pm

agreed, so many govt agencies dont work a full day timewise, not even talking about the quality of work.
yet nobody is allowed to question that.

MaxPower wrote:Jason, if i may interject.

T&T is not getting a fair day’s work for the public service. Inefficiency and incompetency is rampant and the public is feeling the full brunt of the inconvenience which is totally frustrating.

Before all the increases in expenditure, when the pay was “fair”, were we getting a fair day’s work?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 29th, 2022, 2:22 pm

Max,

Those issues stem from management, if a department is not meeting their targets then you cannot lay blame on the workers there is something wrong with the management and by extension the employer.Workers work, management are the ones who delegate monitor and control .It highly unfair to lay a broad brush and say you not getting a fair day's work, when you are served. What I have learnt is that some ppl confuse not getting through with bad service. Let's not forget the health workers who were on the Frontline we gave them biscuits and claps as our gratitude

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2022, 2:24 pm

yup mgmt is the problem, also if workers not producing it is usually because mgmt not training them up to par.

hover11 wrote:

Max,

Those issues stem from management, if a department is not meeting their targets then you cannot lay blame on the workers there is something wrong with the management and by extension the employer.Workers work, management are the ones who delegate monitor and control .It highly unfair to lay a broad brush and say you not getting a fair day's work, when you are served. What I have learnt is that some ppl confuse not getting through with bad service. Let's not forget the health workers who were on the Frontline we gave them biscuits and claps as our gratitude

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 29th, 2022, 2:28 pm

pugboy wrote:yup mgmt is the problem, also if workers not producing it is usually because mgmt not training them up to par.

hover11 wrote:

Max,

The 3000 overstaffed in WASA I say buss their throats because WASA overstaffed and look the level of service we receive but at the end of the day the workers didn't hire themselves

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 30th, 2022, 8:05 am

yes but if management decides to step in an remove the hapless unproductive workers, union step in and not one will be fired etc, look at the watson duke or the wasa supervisor firing debacles.
Management does force allyuh to move slow and always be on breaks and give nasty attitude when people to get things done, i.e. force you to do your job? To go make cook when dey suppose fixing water/power supply? So allyuh is little children if a big stick eh above threatening right thru yall can't perform/work productively?
I love when new hires come in with that attitude in my workplace, ah make yuh wok totin box and do droposs and bill delivery/payment collection and all kinda slave labour ting *under probation* then fire yuh ass before the 30 days with ah 1/4 salary. Productivity, efficiency, rapid self driven learning, and sheer will are all good employee traits that can be easily identified, sadly the PS is sorely lacking in this, starting from management to the workers, noone is blameless.

Again take it to your union, negiotate to cut the employment of 30% of workers in each service with no benefits and give everyone who remains a 10% increase. Go for even 20% if you get those hapless managers with their high salaries you say the problems stem from removed. But surely you cannot think the PS as a whole deserves a cent more based on productivity or even service standards, only those factors and not inflation are justifiable and if you ent like it just leave and go work for a real company that demands these things and i'm sure once you performing the sky is the limit where salary and benefits are concerned.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 30th, 2022, 10:19 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Many public servants also contribute to why the series finishing so fast.

Things nice, i won’t say great, but manageable for them.

The rel ppl that ketching their ass are those that working for minimum wage and less. Those are the ones we should be helping, not the fortunate and ungrateful.

They ketching they tail but half their salary going towards a Kia or Hyundai

Facts

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 30th, 2022, 10:26 am

agent007 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Many public servants also contribute to why the series finishing so fast.

Things nice, i won’t say great, but manageable for them.

The rel ppl that ketching their ass are those that working for minimum wage and less. Those are the ones we should be helping, not the fortunate and ungrateful.

They ketching they tail but half their salary going towards a Kia or Hyundai

Facts

Don't forget Pricesmart, they does shop there as though they stocking up a small grocery every month.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 10:48 am

We shall see what happens but something has to give the demonstration made Friday was just phase 1. Go slows sickouts and disruptions in service will be phase 2. Everybody getting their piece of the pie, the government wasting your tax dollars on everything else but ppl can't get an increase ok so be it

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 30th, 2022, 11:02 am

hover11 wrote:We shall see what happens but something has to give the demonstration made Friday was just phase 1. Go slows sickouts and disruptions in service will be phase 2. Everybody getting their piece of the pie, the government wasting your tax dollars on everything else but ppl can't get an increase ok so be it

Hovie: if someone comes along and says that pay increases must be linked to measurable productivity increases - public servants go get vex, ent?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 11:16 am

bluefete wrote:
hover11 wrote:We shall see what happens but something has to give the demonstration made Friday was just phase 1. Go slows sickouts and disruptions in service will be phase 2. Everybody getting their piece of the pie, the government wasting your tax dollars on everything else but ppl can't get an increase ok so be it

Hovie: if someone comes along and says that pay increases must be linked to measurable productivity increases - public servants go get vex, ent?
The unions have been offering something such as Pay for performance on the table since 2012 and ten years later nothing the CPO and minister of finance twiddling their thumbs so who really keeping back productivity?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 11:24 am

Jason,

Isn’t calling sick and disrupting the service a normal day in the public service?

I agree the Govt is wasting our tax dollars but it would be a further waste to give increases that are not deserved and would do nothing for the citizens.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 11:31 am

MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Isn’t calling sick and disrupting the service a normal day in the public service?

I agree the Govt is wasting our tax dollars but it would be a further waste to give increases that are not deserved and would do nothing for the citizens.
Imagine going to the hospital and there is a shortage of nurses and doctors, going to renew your license and no one at the counter no photographer to take your pic...trust me Max, it could be much worse. Politicians calling public servants unproductive and making excuses they hadda remember elections coming up soon, guess our unproductive votes dont count then

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 30th, 2022, 12:05 pm

Me eh know where to put this.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » May 30th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Have they changed the name of Indian Arrival Day to just Arrival Day or what?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 30th, 2022, 1:14 pm

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Imagine going to the hospital and there is a shortage of nurses and doctors, going to renew your license and no one at the counter no photographer to take your pic...trust me Max, it could be much worse. Politicians calling public servants unproductive and making excuses they hadda remember elections coming up soon, guess our unproductive votes dont count then
But that's the normal... question is after the increase is applied, will the service get better too?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 30th, 2022, 1:14 pm

DMan7 wrote:Have they changed the name of Indian Arrival Day to just Arrival Day or what?

Yuh read what yuh red.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 2:00 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

But that's the normal... question is after the increase is applied, will the service get better too?
Well wa I go tell yuh bai....let imbert come and deal with the ppl, let imbert pay pensions, let imbert do bir payments let the politicians come and actually work the ppl cause a blackout is coming

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 2:05 pm

hover11 wrote:Imagine going to the hospital and there is a shortage of nurses and doctors, going to renew your license and no one at the counter no photographer to take your pic...trust me Max, it could be much worse. Politicians calling public servants unproductive and making excuses they hadda remember elections coming up soon, guess our unproductive votes dont count then

J,

Going to the hospitals is already like there is a shortage hence the 10 hour wait times WITH an attitude. Renewing your license you have to cater for 2 days incase you don’t get through the first day WITH an attitude. It’s things like these have WE, the tax payers disgusted in the public service and I don’t want to hear about them getting not a red cent increase because they do NOT deserve it. Please forgive my comments but it’s how i feel honestly.

And Jason my good lad, both you and i know who these public servants will be voting for in 2025. This is the culture.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 30th, 2022, 2:35 pm

DMan7 wrote:Have they changed the name of Indian Arrival Day to just Arrival Day or what?

Manning attempted to remove "Indian" from Arrival Day back in the 2000s in a so called attempt to incorporate all races that arrived to T&T. Of course Indo organizations saw the BS and hit back. The official name stayed but Manning himself kept saying "Arrival Day". Since then, some pnm suspects would say "arrival day".

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 30th, 2022, 2:35 pm

In october last year I renewed my license, was in and out of the compound in 55 minutes

In december, renewed ID card in sando, was in and out in 20 mins, collected in 5 minutes after the waiting period.

Renewed passport at some point last year as well, that took about 40 mins, worst part was to find a park close to knox street.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 2:52 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:In october last year I renewed my license, was in and out of the compound in 55 minutes

In december, renewed ID card in sando, was in and out in 20 mins, collected in 5 minutes after the waiting period.

Renewed passport at some point last year as well, that took about 40 mins, worst part was to find a park close to knox street.

PP,

Im usually in and out in 5 minutes.

Public servants love accepting money.

Unfortunately this is what i have resorted to and honestly i am not ashamed to say.

Can’t change them so i just pay them to lower their tone and get what i need done.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”