Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 30th, 2022, 3:03 pm

MaxPower wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:In october last year I renewed my license, was in and out of the compound in 55 minutes

In december, renewed ID card in sando, was in and out in 20 mins, collected in 5 minutes after the waiting period.

Renewed passport at some point last year as well, that took about 40 mins, worst part was to find a park close to knox street.

PP,

Im usually in and out in 5 minutes.

Public servants love accepting money.

Unfortunately this is what i have resorted to and honestly i am not ashamed to say.

Can’t change them so i just pay them to lower their tone and get what i need done.

I refuse to pass money, you would be surprised how far you could get by being polite without being condescending.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 30th, 2022, 3:41 pm

MaxPower wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:In october last year I renewed my license, was in and out of the compound in 55 minutes

In december, renewed ID card in sando, was in and out in 20 mins, collected in 5 minutes after the waiting period.

Renewed passport at some point last year as well, that took about 40 mins, worst part was to find a park close to knox street.

PP,

Unfortunately this is what i have resorted to and honestly i am not ashamed to say.

Can’t change them so i just pay them to lower their tone and get what i need done.

Then you’re part of the problem. Bribing to get stuff done is pathetic.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 4:19 pm

matix wrote:

Then you’re part of the problem. Bribing to get stuff done is pathetic.

A problem that they created and they don’t plan on fixing. I had a choice….to wait like an ass or pay. This is the position that many of us are in.

As i said, i have zero shame. I have things to do and i am not going to be farting around and begging for service from these careless public servants.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 4:21 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

PP,

I refuse to pass money, you would be surprised how far you could get by being polite without being condescending.
X10000

Ppl come to licensing office, passport office or even customs with a perception in their minds. Whatever energy you put out is what you get back. They with this attitude and feel they could talk to staff however they feel. Ppl really think dealing with trinis easy yes, some of yall utterly disgusting tbh. Not any walk in the park

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 30th, 2022, 4:23 pm

hover11 wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

PP,

X10000

Ppl come to licensing office, passport office or even customs with a perception in their minds. Whatever energy you put out is what you get back. They with this attitude and feel they could talk to staff however they feel. Ppl really think dealing with trinis easy yes, some of yall utterly disgusting tbh. Not any walk in the park
You ever been to License Office in Sando?Their touts are institutionalized there.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 4:27 pm

timelapse wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

PP,

X10000

You ever been to License Office in Sando?Their touts are institutionalized there.
I used to work licensing pos bro and I could tell you , you don't need to pay a bribe to get through. When ppl getting on like conts we used to let them sit there and cool out, keep you there whole day but if you deal with ppl civilized and with decency you out in no time. Who want to waste money and pay bribes that's then but then you enabling the corruption. For corruption to occur is like a contract you need to make an offer and someone has to accept such offer.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 30th, 2022, 4:48 pm

hover11 wrote:
timelapse wrote:
hover11 wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

PP,

X10000

I used to work licensing pos bro and I could tell you , you don't need to pay a bribe to get through. When ppl getting on like conts we used to let them sit there and cool out, keep you there whole day but if you deal with ppl civilized and with decency you out in no time. Who want to waste money and pay bribes that's then but then you enabling the corruption. For corruption to occur is like a contract you need to make an offer and someone has to accept such offer.
I specified Sando.I did a vehicle transfer there a couple years ago.In the inspection bay in plain view of the officer there, a well dressed guy there walks up to me and tells me that for $1500 he can walk my application up to the office and I would get through quickly .I politely declined.I watched the officer in a confused way and says something along the lines of, " That fella doesn't work here so I can't tell you if to pay him or not ".
That sheit still normal there.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 5:52 pm

I am all for being polite and treating people with respect, even if they do not return the gesture.

But being polite is not the solution for efficiency in the public service. Maybe in rare and a few cases. We all know that generally the public service is disgusting and unproductive regardless of how nice and humble you may be.

Anyways, let us talk productivity first and THEN a raise.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 30th, 2022, 6:05 pm

Max: First, big man thing, I applaud you for being so honest.

Second, you is not de same man who always accusing Trinbagonians of being stink, with bad attitudes and all the other negativities.

I am sorry that you have allowed yourself to fall victim to a bribery system.

I have NEVER paid a bribe to any public servant for service. Driver's permit - almost failed my driving test when the LO told me to drive into LO via a no entry sign. When I refused, he stormed out of the car and left me alone until my instructor came and said that he cannot fail me.

Donkey years later, I told my son that if the driving school asked him for money to pass his test, he was not going and none was coming from my pocket. No money was ever asked for. He passed his test, like me, on his own.

Passport: Expired over 15 years. Never went to renew it because I refused to line up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning to get it renewed. When appointment system was introduced, tried again and got an appointment for 6 months later. Never went. Never went back.

Birth certificate etc. I paid the relevant fees and got through. It took me over 12 years to get a proper birth certificate for my mother because when she was 80, I had to find someone 10 years older than her who knew her when she was young! The amount of hoops I had to jump through, only because scampish Trinbagonians made it difficult for the honest people.

There is one government body that is still waiting on me to pay them a bribe to get some land. They will quicker see a green donkey than me paying them a bribe.

So Max, it is not too late to fall into the straight and narrow.

MaxPower wrote:I'm usually in and out in 5 minutes. Public servants love accepting money.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 6:28 pm

bluefete wrote:Max: First, big man thing, I applaud you for being so honest.

Second, you is not de same man who always accusing Trinbagonians of being stink, with bad attitudes and all the other negativities.

I am sorry that you have allowed yourself to fall victim to a bribery system.

I have NEVER paid a bribe to any public servant for service. Driver's permit - almost failed my driving test when the LO told me to drive into LO via a no entry sign. When I refused, he stormed out of the car and left me alone until my instructor came and said that he cannot fail me.

Donkey years later, I told my son that if the driving school asked him for money to pass his test, he was not going and none was coming from my pocket. No money was ever asked for. He passed his test, like me, on his own.

Passport: Expired over 15 years. Never went to renew it because I refused to line up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning to get it renewed. When appointment system was introduced, tried again and got an appointment for 6 months later. Never went. Never went back.

Birth certificate etc. I paid the relevant fees and got through. It took me over 12 years to get a proper birth certificate for my mother because when she was 80, I had to find someone 10 years older than her who knew her when she was young! The amount of hoops I had to jump through, only because scampish Trinbagonians made it difficult for the honest people.

There is one government body that is still waiting on me to pay them a bribe to get some land. They will quicker see a green donkey than me paying them a bribe.

So Max, it is not too late to fall into the straight and narrow.

MaxPower wrote:I'm usually in and out in 5 minutes. Public servants love accepting money.

blues,

Thanks for the write up. Yuh have rel belly hoss to wait for over a decade for services you deserve hassle free.

And yes, i am the same Max that accuse Trinis of being stink with their reeking sickening attitudes. I am not tolerating it and i have resorted to paying them to ensure i get what i need in a timely manner. If i don’t pay, i wait, it’s simple as that. What am i really to do?

Me falling into the str8 and narrow means i have to wait and be inconvenienced. When i wait for these incompetent and inconsiderate public servants, i lose money because too much time is being wasted.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 6:41 pm

You are aware that it's public servants income that support the majority of business. Inflation is averaged at 2% a year...we have not received an increase in 10 TEN years..hence our spending power is already down by 20%.
If we get 2% increase, we will spend LESS because we have no choice.
So less $$ for fast food, clothes hair, entertainment...which means private SECTOR will feel the brunt.
So allllll of you, who have their own business, ask yourself: who are my customers??
And if half are public setvants..well crapaud smoke all ah we pipe.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 30th, 2022, 6:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:blues,

Thanks for the write up. Yuh have rel belly hoss to wait for over a decade for services you deserve hassle free.

And yes, i am the same Max that accuse Trinis of being stink with their reeking sickening attitudes. I am not tolerating it and i have resorted to paying them to ensure i get what i need in a timely manner. If i don’t pay, i wait, it’s simple as that. What am i really to do?

Me falling into the str8 and narrow means i have to wait and be inconvenienced. When i wait for these incompetent and inconsiderate public servants, i lose money because too much time is being wasted.

Yeah, Max: Sometimes, it is tough. You can reach LO at 7:00 a.m. to renew and sometimes you do not leave until 12 noon because the typist did not come or the cashier came late.

One day, we will get there.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby pugboy » May 30th, 2022, 6:50 pm

and then public servants making countless errors with certified copies
writing vin number with i instead of 1

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 30th, 2022, 7:25 pm

hover11 wrote:You are aware that it's public servants income that support the majority of business. Inflation is averaged at 2% a year...we have not received an increase in 10 TEN years..hence our spending power is already down by 20%.
So less $$ for fast food, clothes hair, entertainment...which means private SECTOR will feel the brunt.
So allllll of you, who have their own business, ask yourself: who are my customers??
Nice deflect there Hovs

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 30th, 2022, 7:50 pm

So very true.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 30th, 2022, 8:16 pm

hover11 wrote:You are aware that it's public servants income that support the majority of business. Inflation is averaged at 2% a year...we have not received an increase in 10 TEN years..hence our spending power is already down by 20%.

public servants need to keep some perspective tho. a good chunk of the population would kill to have that 2013 salary.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 8:27 pm

matix wrote:I refuse to pass money, you would be surprised how far you could get by being polite without being condescending.

So very true.

This doesn’t work all the time.

Most of them would loud us up, steups, roll eye, walk off….basically to hymc.

If every citizen were to be absolutely polite, there would still be no significant improvement in the public service.

They do not care and are only concerned with how much that can benefit by working the least.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 30th, 2022, 8:35 pm

MaxPower wrote:
matix wrote:I refuse to pass money, you would be surprised how far you could get by being polite without being condescending.

So very true.

This doesn’t work all the time.

Most of them would loud us up, steups, roll eye, walk off….basically to hymc.

If every citizen were to be absolutely polite, there would still be no significant improvement in the public service.

They do not care and are only concerned with how much that can benefit by working the least.

It has for many people, if you have issues then ask for a supervisor, that doesn’t work then ask for someone else. Patience is severely lacking in our society. I’ve had instances where the attendant wasn’t receptive and I simply went to another. From security guards, receptionists, supervisors, whoever. Try being pleasant to them. Security guards face the worst in people

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 8:59 pm

matix wrote:
It has for many people, if you have issues then ask for a supervisor, that doesn’t work then ask for someone else. Patience is severely lacking in our society. I’ve had instances where the attendant wasn’t receptive and I simply went to another. From security guards, receptionists, supervisors, whoever. Try being pleasant to them. Security guards face the worst in people

Yeh mat i not disagreeing with you at all.

Im just saying that method is not even close to being the solution to fix the public service or even make a significant improvement.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 8:59 pm

Dear Tax payers who are not public servants,

Please change your attitudes towards public servants if you expect a respectful response or greeting.What you give is what you get.
Please learn basic manners, such as good morning or good evening. And please learn to follow basic instructions such as standing in line or waiting your turn.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 9:09 pm

hover11 wrote:Dear Tax payers who are not public servants,

Please change your attitudes towards public servants if you expect a respectful response or greeting.What you give is what you get.
Please learn basic manners, such as good morning or good evening. And please learn to follow basic instructions such as standing in line or waiting your turn.

Jason,

Been there done that my brother.

I have given up and lost ALL faith in the public service.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 30th, 2022, 9:15 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:We shall see what happens but something has to give the demonstration made Friday was just phase 1. Go slows sickouts and disruptions in service will be phase 2. Everybody getting their piece of the pie, the government wasting your tax dollars on everything else but ppl can't get an increase ok so be it

Jason,

Isn’t calling sick and disrupting the service a normal day in the public service?

I agree the Govt is wasting our tax dollars but it would be a further waste to give increases that are not deserved and would do nothing for the citizens.

Yes, it's called sick leave :roll:
It's a normal benefit to pretty much every employee :roll:

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 30th, 2022, 9:30 pm

people dealing with the general public all day will get you either get burnt out or with a hard exterior to cope. The Trini general public especially is abusive, violent, rude, and criminal. Understand the truth in that statement.

Public-facing staff (both in public and private service) get the worst of it, so they either stop caring (hymc attitude) or move onto other jobs (i.e, not there anymore). I accept the "hymc" service as is the default level of service to expect, and if I get better, that is a nice unexpected bonus. To expect people to be pleasant, polite, compassionate, even happy and smiling at work -- is supporting unethical capitalistic demands of emotional labor and not being realistic or compassionate to the people working in those positions (imo).

that said, the comedy option is to change the layout of the public service to remove the fiefdoms entirely. In the year of our Lord 2022, there is no reason people should be waiting in a physical line, for example.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 30th, 2022, 9:39 pm

paid_influencer wrote:people dealing with the general public all day will get you either get burnt out or with a hard exterior to cope. The Trini general public especially is abusive, violent, rude, and criminal. Understand the truth in that statement.

Public-facing staff (both in public and private service) get the worst of it, so they either stop caring (hymc attitude) or move onto other jobs (i.e, not there anymore). I accept the "hymc" service as is the default level of service to expect, and if I get better, that is a nice unexpected bonus. To expect people to be pleasant, polite, compassionate, even happy and smiling at work -- is buying into the capitalistic demands of emotional labor and not being realistic or even compassionate to the people working in those positions (imo).

that said, the comedy option is to change the layout of the public service to remove the fiefdoms entirely. In the year of our Lord 2022, there is no reason people should be waiting in a physical line, for example.
Influencer,

It seems we have made full circle, who are the public servants that have the power to make those changes so you wouldn't have to stand in lines and change policies and procedures? Are those the same politicians who are the highest paid and given the big perks and allowances but not paid based on productivity?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 30th, 2022, 10:32 pm

De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:We shall see what happens but something has to give the demonstration made Friday was just phase 1. Go slows sickouts and disruptions in service will be phase 2. Everybody getting their piece of the pie, the government wasting your tax dollars on everything else but ppl can't get an increase ok so be it

Jason,

Isn’t calling sick and disrupting the service a normal day in the public service?

I agree the Govt is wasting our tax dollars but it would be a further waste to give increases that are not deserved and would do nothing for the citizens.

Oh yeh you’re right.

Usually taken after weekend and after Carnival Monday and Tuesday.

Hope they get well soon.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 31st, 2022, 4:08 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Oh yeh you’re right.

Hope they get well soon.

You does control when you get sick? :roll:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 31st, 2022, 5:36 am

De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Oh yeh you’re right.

Hope they get well soon.

Trade unions can control when you get sick, so why not?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 31st, 2022, 6:18 am

timelapse wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Oh yeh you’re right.

Hope they get well soon.

yes, when the govt decide to keep wages low, when they supposed to boost it up... at tht time is hypertension.

the performance of any organisation is the responsiblity of the supervisors/managers/directors to ensure the workers work to standards, or they get workers who can perform at those standards.
if they fraid that they get challenged in court, they have to have metrics gathered over time to prove thier case.

but the piss poor management at public services woudl rather do piss poor management, and not do the nitty gritty work, and let the workers shoulder the blame.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 31st, 2022, 7:17 am

sMASH wrote:
timelapse wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Oh yeh you’re right.

Hope they get well soon.

yes, when the govt decide to keep wages low, when they supposed to boost it up... at tht time is hypertension.

the performance of any organisation is the responsiblity of the supervisors/managers/directors to ensure the workers work to standards, or they get workers who can perform at those standards.
if they fraid that they get challenged in court, they have to have metrics gathered over time to prove thier case.

but the piss poor management at public services woudl rather do piss poor management, and not do the nitty gritty work, and let the workers shoulder the blame.
This.....men blaming workers but they forget workers just do that ....work. the issues we have with the public service is managerial, square pegs in round holes and lots of favoritism. Productivity is measured in the form of appraisals which is done annually for you to get increments , if the supervisor or manager saying everybody in their department doing a great job when it's quite the opposite who is at fault?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 31st, 2022, 7:31 am

hover11 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
timelapse wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Jason,

Oh yeh you’re right.

Hope they get well soon.

This.....men blaming workers but they forget workers just do that ....work. the issues we have with the public service is managerial, square pegs in round holes and lots of favoritism. Productivity is measured in the form of appraisals which is done annually for you to get increments , if the supervisor or manager saying everybody in their department doing a great job when it's quite the opposite who is at fault?
How is a salary increase going to change all of this? Will the regular worker now be motivated to do a good job even though they will get a good appraisal whether they do a good job or not? Also, seeing that everyone gets a good appraisal and merit increases each year as well as consolidated COLA, are you really still working at 2013 salaries?
Last edited by wing on May 31st, 2022, 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”