Forums

Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 9:34 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:It means a much more efficient service though.
Getting through with something in one day rather than having to go into town 20 times over the course of 8 months to a year to get a service completed.

Having proper appointments so everyone doesn't go at 8am and wait all day.

Privatize everything

You will pay more but pay less...if you understand what i saying.
It also means that TTEC and WASA rates can double or triple because the companies now are heavily subsidized by the government. First rule in business they must always make a profit. So they don't care if the vulnerable in society are without these commodities. They provide a service and expect profits from such. How many times digicel raised their rates and they are not a monopoly, allya asking for privatization and dont really have a clue what the consequences of such entail :S

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 28th, 2022, 9:59 am

hover11 wrote:
Max ,

A Respectful increase would be 10 percent.

Allow me to ask you something, on every occasion that you dealt with a public servant you never received proper service, forget all the stereotypes on here. I'm speaking to you personally.

Jason, morning

I would say 3/10 times i received proper service.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby DMan7 » May 28th, 2022, 10:07 am

An argument can be made that if these people are "suffering" or in need of a greater than 2% increase in their salaries then they won't be out in the streets on a working day marching. People truly "suffering" don't have time or money to do that.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 28th, 2022, 10:07 am

hover11 wrote:
matix wrote:Money sure, little to no work, gratuity, basically a suckubus on the state. Everything should be privatized.
Privatization means more for taxpayers.....increased prices for utilities and every transaction will have a cost attached similar to the banks that make their millions in profits per quarter

To facilitate the wage increases it’s simple. More taxes by the government. They have to get the money from somewhere. Every aspect of our lives will be affected. Who do you think feels it?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 28th, 2022, 10:12 am

hover11 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:It means a much more efficient service though.
Getting through with something in one day rather than having to go into town 20 times over the course of 8 months to a year to get a service completed.

Having proper appointments so everyone doesn't go at 8am and wait all day.

Privatize everything

You will pay more but pay less...if you understand what i saying.
It also means that TTEC and WASA rates can double or triple because the companies now are heavily subsidized by the government. First rule in business they must always make a profit. So they don't care if the vulnerable in society are without these commodities. They provide a service and expect profits from such. How many times digicel raised their rates and they are not a monopoly, allya asking for privatization and dont really have a clue what the consequences of such entail :S

Efficiency is key in private sector. Which state enterprise can boast efficiency? I will like to elaborate more on my experiences in our beautiful country, buts it’s way too much to type. Sadly most state run organizations are epic failures.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 10:14 am

matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:
matix wrote:Money sure, little to no work, gratuity, basically a suckubus on the state. Everything should be privatized.
Privatization means more for taxpayers.....increased prices for utilities and every transaction will have a cost attached similar to the banks that make their millions in profits per quarter

To facilitate the wage increases it’s simple. More taxes by the government. They have to get the money from somewhere. Every aspect of our lives will be affected. Who do you think feels it?
I actually agree with you, alot of increases are being politicized from WASA , TTEC , NIS rates, the government doesn't want to be the bad guy and increase these so they delay the inevitable as long as they can. If privatization occurs all these services will increase forthwith with no political intervention and maybe the country can move forward

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 28th, 2022, 10:14 am

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Max ,

A Respectful increase would be 10 percent.

Allow me to ask you something, on every occasion that you dealt with a public servant you never received proper service, forget all the stereotypes on here. I'm speaking to you personally.

Jason, morning

I would say 3/10 times i received proper service.

I would have thought that when faced with your stink presence they would have sorted you out one time :lol: :lol:

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 28th, 2022, 10:18 am

hover11 wrote:
matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:

I actually agree with you, alot of increases are being politicized from WASA , TTEC , NIS rates, the government doesn't want to be the bad guy and increase these so they delay the inevitable as long as they can. If privatization occurs all these services will increase forthwith with no political intervention and maybe the country can move forward

Now we can have a conversation. Time for the population to feel what the actual cost of sheit is.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 10:23 am

DMan7 wrote:An argument can be made that if these people are "suffering" or in need of a greater than 2% increase in their salaries then they won't be out in the streets on a working day marching. People truly "suffering" don't have time or money to do that.
Ignorant comment, do you know how your one hour lunch break occurred or the history of it, it was due to unions , maternity leave , health benefits and safe working conditions alot of things we take for granted today was due to ppl fighting hard and pounding pavements. There was a time black ppl couldn't work in banks black power movement changed such but carry on
Last edited by hover11 on May 28th, 2022, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 10:24 am

matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:
matix wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Now we can have a conversation. Time for the population to feel what the actual cost of sheit is.
X10000

Along with CAL , ppl think that flights actually cost that amount LOL

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » May 28th, 2022, 10:50 am

hover11 wrote:
DMan7 wrote:An argument can be made that if these people are "suffering" or in need of a greater than 2% increase in their salaries then they won't be out in the streets on a working day marching. People truly "suffering" don't have time or money to do that.
Ignorant comment, do you know how your one hour lunch break occurred or the history of it, it was due to unions , maternity leave , health benefits and safe working conditions alot of things we take for granted today was due to ppl fighting hard and pounding pavements. There was a time black ppl couldn't work in banks black power movement changed such but carry on

Calm down Martin Luthor King Jr. Jr., I said an argument can be made I'm not the one making the argument.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 28th, 2022, 10:52 am

so nice big impressive size crowd yesterday - good for them standing up for themselves

buh if election call next wk who dem same setta ppl voting for ..... :|

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2022, 10:56 am

I do not support an increase in pay for public servant at this time. Employed persons should thank God that they have a job right now because a large chunk of our population would wish to receive a salary. If they do increase salaries then it should be across the board.

But since we have billions of dollars to lose in contract clauses both current and in the past then we should have a little increase right?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » May 28th, 2022, 11:14 am

hover11 wrote:Educate me because nearly every private sector employee I deal with on a daily basis shows me a job letter which states contractual or temporary employment. Let's not forget how the unscrupulous private sector works, telling employees only when they permanent they have to take out NIS.

:| I work in the private sector and my classification is "full-time employee".

There is no such thing as a "permanent employee". No one is permanent in a job.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 11:23 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
hover11 wrote:Educate me because nearly every private sector employee I deal with on a daily basis shows me a job letter which states contractual or temporary employment. Let's not forget how the unscrupulous private sector works, telling employees only when they permanent they have to take out NIS.

:| I work in the private sector and my classification is "full-time employee".

There is no such thing as a "permanent employee". No one is permanent in a job.
I guess we doing job letters wrong by us my job letter says permanent

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 28th, 2022, 11:29 am

If wasa privatize they could fire about 10000 workers.

Could send out two men to do a job that normally 20 men and 3 truck and a backhoe go out to do.

Ttec the same thing.
Instead of 2 or 3 truckload or workers bubbling pot and playing all fours...

You know what I talking about hovie

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 28th, 2022, 11:30 am

Hovie u need to stop being a hypocrite.
One minute its slave wages. The next minute it real nice because it permanent and flexible and the perks and benefits. Slaves don't have benefits

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 28th, 2022, 11:32 am

The difference between permanent and temporary is the way you are released from the job. A permanent employee designation on a job letter is a statement created so that you could swing in the bank and show them a job letter which reduces your credit risk as you’ve shown employability for the duration of the loan period whether it’s to buy a car or house.

Being permanently employed for a minimum of 2 years makes you get the loan but you could get fired the next day. So when men say “yeah boi dan, ah make permanent”, all this means is the process to release you has to follow a certain legal protocol.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 28th, 2022, 11:37 am

Hovie feel he permanent. The only thing permanent is death hovie.

The other day when rowley talk about being fired if you not vaccinated he run and get fake vaccine card...even though he maintain he permanent

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » May 28th, 2022, 12:01 pm

Mr. Anti-Vaxxer have allyuh tailhead in a spin as usual I see...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 28th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Rovin wrote:so nice big impressive size crowd yesterday - good for them standing up for themselves

buh if election call next wk who dem same setta ppl voting for ..... :|

Rov,

PNM 2025 is near.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 12:38 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Hovie feel he permanent. The only thing permanent is death hovie.

The other day when rowley talk about being fired if you not vaccinated he run and get fake vaccine card...even though he maintain he permanent
Permanent workers leave with benefits in the case of redundancy temporary or contract workers do not. Also bear in mind that with even the threats of termination that the public servants were still offered 2 percent so wtf. Dammed if you do dammed if u don't I guess...

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 28th, 2022, 1:11 pm

i cya support that gratuity and back-pay nonsense, you done gettin monthly pay jed wtf more allyuh want, them kinda arrangement i could never agree with, so then Digicel/grocery for example should request back-pay when they raise they bill/prices to the period you have/buy the service/goods and at a predefined period say hear wa pay us this big lumpsum.

Me doh really agree with keithos on much but the most allyuh bloodsuckers deserve is ah one off payment.
Everybody else minus those ontop feelin da bite in the private sector and we actually have to wok for we money and it eh hv nothing like dem chupidness like backpay and gratuity, yuh earn what yuh wok for an thats that.

consider this for a second, do you know what happens during a period of inflation, like right now, when more money is given out, and not earned with an increased rate of productivity? Only with an increase in productive capacity of the entire economy, and god knows that ent possible in the public sector and that applies from d police to nurses and teachers, etc, will it be possible to be paid more money without worsening inflation.
If for example you do get that wage increase, every single person who isn't a public servant will suffer as there is no magic wand to increase wages in the entire private sector an those with the lowest salaries, persons with much lower salaries in the PS, will be affected most.
Are you saying that you and the PS are okay with suffering the most vulnerable and majority of society once they get their increase, whilst remaining as slow and unproductive as the current state?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 28th, 2022, 1:35 pm

I have to agree with daxt0r.

Public Service workers already benefit enough, more than others, and they generally produce the less work.

An increase is not needed and it’s about time we stop using “2013” as an excuse.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 28th, 2022, 1:41 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/07/cabine ... employees/

Cabinet report: WASA overstaffed by 3,000 employees

let them audit the whole of the public service and buss people throat like that

then talk backpay or increase

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 2:02 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/07/cabinet-report-wasa-overstaffed-by-3000-employees/

Cabinet report: WASA overstaffed by 3,000 employees

let them audit the whole of the public service and buss people throat like that

then talk backpay or increase
I have stated this that they should be fired....3000 workers not on the structure or organization chart. Privatization can solve such lessen political favors but with that comes the public feeling their own pain with increase in rates. At the end of the day the workers didn't hire themselves who allowed that monster to fester and grow.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 2:47 pm

daxt0r wrote:i cya support that gratuity and back-pay nonsense, you done gettin monthly pay jed wtf more allyuh want, them kinda arrangement i could never agree with, so then Digicel/grocery for example should request back-pay when they raise they bill/prices to the period you have/buy the service/goods and at a predefined period say hear wa pay us this big lumpsum.

Me doh really agree with keithos on much but the most allyuh bloodsuckers deserve is ah one off payment.
Everybody else minus those ontop feelin da bite in the private sector and we actually have to wok for we money and it eh hv nothing like dem chupidness like backpay and gratuity, yuh earn what yuh wok for an thats that.

consider this for a second, do you know what happens during a period of inflation, like right now, when more money is given out, and not earned with an increased rate of productivity? Only with an increase in productive capacity of the entire economy, and god knows that ent possible in the public sector and that applies from d police to nurses and teachers, etc, will it be possible to be paid more money without worsening inflation.
If for example you do get that wage increase, every single person who isn't a public servant will suffer as there is no magic wand to increase wages in the entire private sector an those with the lowest salaries, persons with much lower salaries in the PS, will be affected most.
Are you saying that you and the PS are okay with suffering the most vulnerable and majority of society once they get their increase, whilst remaining as slow and unproductive as the current state?
Dax,

Two questions good sir

With public servants on 2013 salaries and inflation eating away our disposable incomes what do you propose, how do you expect public servants to survive dont we have to enjoy a standard of living similar to you?You sound like a reasonable guy, you can't say they deserve nothing but expect exceptional service, if workers demotivated that is shown. Aside from that public servants deserve backpay and gratuity due to the employer, the government, not paying us current salaries. You In your private sector job you negotiate with your employer individually for increase of pay based in performance for us it is collective bargaining .

Next question, the government new initiative has been the removal of taxes that are desperately needed for the economy to thrive on hybrid vehicles, how on earth is this helping the economy in any form or fashion. That equals forex going out and less taxes for the country , lose- lose situation in my perspective

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 28th, 2022, 4:12 pm

similar to me?? i work in the private sector, this ent d land ah milk an honey, yuh work hard and collect yuh due pay at the end of the month. Increases, comission and bonuses are merit based as it should be and not because of some dumb collective agreement.
Survive and scrape by like all the rest of us folks who work for much less and have to perform or is immediate termination, and those who aren't fortunate to have permanent designation and its benefits as yourself, those who if they sick and still have to work or one day home means is termination, those who do get a dime in compensation like the divers if they get injured/die.

I agree with you that its a bad move for the economy but still has the benefit i guess of *going green* even if its in name only and for them an dey big boy pandas to bring in some high end EVs lol.

what is the benefit though of paying more money to those public servants that are already ineffcient and grossly underperform even if there are some are small handful diligent at their job like yourself? And this would be a recurrent expenditure unlike a tax waiver that the minister can cancel at any time.
So the public must give a bonus to:
1) The license officers who gives ah ticket in badmind and always moving slow when yuh trying to do a simple task
2) The police officers who does gives FULs to dey panda, and kill d fellas dat eh operating under dem or the criminal friends cartel. Or those officers who refuse to take reports and can only gang up and look bad to come to pick up the child/woman lifeless body after the fact.
3) The nurse an doctors who does watch people mother and father laying down on d ground in the waiting room groaning an say it coffee break time. or those who don't have time to see you at the hospital but can slip you a card to come in their private practice.
4) The IRD folks who does watch yuh in yuh eye when you waiting line long till outside ppl getting wet in the rain and dey will just sit dey like a pomyone until somebody start to jacka$$ up d scene.

Regardless, if this massive increase is paid, a greater rate of inflation will set in due to the fact that the public service does not contribute productively in economic terms, thus rendering the increased salaries to be just a dollar figure increase while those who work in the private sector will still be on the same meagre salary with no benefits remaining to suffer more with less purchasing power.

Here's a solution to take to the unions that i believe can work, allow the government to retrench with no benefits 30% of the workers in each respective service and increase the pay by 15% for the remaining workers. The increase could be potentially be more as lots of unnecessary high positions are created for poliitical appointees and friends and those positions get the higher pay so it would be more to spread around if they are removed. Or is it that value for money and the public service cannot coincide?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 28th, 2022, 4:25 pm

Daxtor you can't tell them that!!! It is their entitlement as set out by the Lord God Eric Williams himself!

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 28th, 2022, 5:17 pm

Some men have that Elon musk mentality
FB_IMG_1653772600699.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”