this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby elec2020 » April 20th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Kickstart wrote:
elec2020 wrote:^ok aggravate
I have been reading your post for some time now and when you are challenged and can't respond your excuses is to reply with an "ok or noted" . That to me and I am sure others will see you as a coward.

noted

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby elec2020 » April 20th, 2021, 6:41 pm

sam1978 wrote:Let’s not bury our heads in the sand just to defend the indefensible. The migration IS wanton, 160000 are legally registered and nobody knows those that are not. They are coming in by loads everyday and without any effort being made to stop them. The police and customs act after the fact and they only catch a few. Some effort should be made to defend our borders against breaches like this. We have a maritime border , it’s not like they’re walking across land and entering between checkpoints and official crossings.

Fossil fuel is on its way out, shouldn't we start preparing for this like other countries? As little as it might be now? Or do we wait until it’s upon us?

Note, I never said anything like what you stated in your last paragraph, you said that. I’m saying it’s time to start doing something, however little and try to build our nation . People complaining , but a lot of them get salaries and not working for it and at the end of the day , the govt looks bad. I not about that .

I complain when I see wrongdoing , no matter who. The grass not being cut on the nations roads is just an example , but salaries never stopped running, but the govt gets blamed for doing nothing because they not enforcing as they should.

16,000 registered

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/govt-gi ... ac3ad0d058

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 20th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
I have been reading your post for some time now and when you are challenged and can't respond your excuses is to reply with an "ok or noted" . That to me and I am sure others will see you as a coward.

He's very smart bro, also an 'economist' lol

i am. so i don't waste my time talking to those who have clear agendas and not willing to accept facts that don't suit there motives. for example, did i not make u out a couple months ago that u only wanted lockdowns to be lifted so u could go back out and lime/party. you well cuss me up then. called me a virgin and all kinda things. individuals like u i ignore. case in point... since then i barely acknowledge your posts

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 6:46 pm

elec2020 wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Let’s not bury our heads in the sand just to defend the indefensible. The migration IS wanton, 16000 are legally registered and nobody knows those that are not. They are coming in by loads everyday and without any effort being made to stop them. The police and customs act after the fact and they only catch a few. Some effort should be made to defend our borders against breaches like this. We have a maritime border , it’s not like they’re walking across land and entering between checkpoints and official crossings.

Fossil fuel is on its way out, shouldn't we start preparing for this like other countries? As little as it might be now? Or do we wait until it’s upon us?

Note, I never said anything like what you stated in your last paragraph, you said that. I’m saying it’s time to start doing something, however little and try to build our nation . People complaining , but a lot of them get salaries and not working for it and at the end of the day , the govt looks bad. I not about that .

I complain when I see wrongdoing , no matter who. The grass not being cut on the nations roads is just an example , but salaries never stopped running, but the govt gets blamed for doing nothing because they not enforcing as they should.

16,000 registered

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/govt-gi ... ac3ad0d058

Yes it’s 16000.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 6:47 pm

sam1978 wrote:Let’s not bury our heads in the sand just to defend the indefensible. The migration IS wanton, 16000 are legally registered and nobody knows those that are not. They are coming in by loads everyday and without any effort being made to stop them. The police and customs act after the fact and they only catch a few. Some effort should be made to defend our borders against breaches like this. We have a maritime border , it’s not like they’re walking across land and entering between checkpoints and official crossings.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 6:48 pm

sam1978 wrote:

16000 . Corrected.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 20th, 2021, 6:52 pm

u have it as 160000 though.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 20th, 2021, 6:53 pm

Kickstart wrote:The forex problems is a result of bad economic policies set out by the present government. It has nothing to do with oil & gas . We have been a gas based economy for some time now and not oil & gas.

Noted

20201213_165422.jpg

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 7:00 pm

elec2020 wrote:u have it as 160000 though.

Yes it was a typo. See how easily I admitted it without calling you names. Big man ting! We have to learn to take constructive criticism without resorting to attacks.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 20th, 2021, 7:03 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Kickstart wrote:The forex problems is a result of bad economic policies set out by the present government. It has nothing to do with oil & gas . We have been a gas based economy for some time now and not oil & gas.

Noted

20201213_165422.jpg

these 'new' guys on the forums are jokers. i done talking to either of them on this topic

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 7:06 pm

adnj wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Let’s try again.

No diversification.
Low forex supply.
Influx of illegal immigrants.
Country finances in a bad shape.
Compound means increase or aggravate.

Which one is incorrect ? (without childish memes and attacks)

Aggravate? Aggregate, yes.

1B2FB6EB-F501-490F-B50A-DCFBF95AD720.jpeg

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 7:11 pm

elec2020 wrote:[spoiler]
Habit7 wrote:

Noted

20201213_165422.jpg
[/

these 'new' guys on the forums are jokers. i done talking to either of them on this topic

6C0CDE94-DBDD-46BD-BE0D-571358A7B4E4.png

Lol@ new guys.
Attachments
40C59855-52D5-4DC0-9D3B-CC6F3AE79193.png

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 20th, 2021, 7:18 pm

i know that. yet u have 60 comments. hence my use of inverted commas.

Quotation marks are often used to indicate sarcasm or irony.

https://grammarfactory.com/grammar-good ... %20quotes'.

please stop pestering me its becoming annoying

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 7:25 pm

I hope this isn’t the way you deal with situations in real life . This shows some form of underlying problems. You should learn to discuss objectively and try to see other persons views. It’s called social interaction. Not being able to , is a troubling sign.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 20th, 2021, 7:29 pm

sam1978 wrote:Let’s not bury our heads in the sand just to defend the indefensible. The migration IS wanton, 160000 are legally registered and nobody knows those that are not. They are coming in by loads everyday and without any effort being made to stop them. The police and customs act after the fact and they only catch a few. Some effort should be made to defend our borders against breaches like this. We have a maritime border , it’s not like they’re walking across land and entering between checkpoints and official crossings.

TTCG constantly patrol our coasts who actively interdicts and deters illegal migration. In the same way, you know without evidence that they arriving every day, accept that the TTCG doing their work every day. Italy also has a maritime border and still cannot completely stop illegal migration. You are just being cynical.

We are building the largest solar plant in the Caribbean https://www.lightsourcebp.com/tt_en/projects/
We are building a carbon-neutral hydrogen plan https://newsday.co.tt/2021/02/02/newgen ... -facility/

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 7:33 pm

hahaha
this is tuner where the majority of them keyboard warriors panties always in a bunch and have chip on they shoulder to jump out and defend their party or whatever have them so chained up for life

sam1978 wrote:I hope this isn’t the way you deal with situations in real life . This shows some form of underlying problems. You should learn to discuss objectively and try to see other persons views. It’s called social interaction. Not being able to , is a troubling sign.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 7:35 pm

I see pics all the time, plus I’m based in Deep South and have actually seen boatloads land with lots of them. Three weeks ago I actually saw customs and police arrest 24 in Penal that just landed and the villagers in the St they were coming through reported them. The coast Guard do not patrol for the main part and that’s my point. They’re not doing their jobs. Checks and balances have to be put in place. Kudos to the Govt on that achievement. It’s a start.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 7:40 pm

the roads they travel on once landing are not many
dunno why ttps dont setup checkpoints for cars leaving those areas

a popular route is landing up the river moruga and heading east and coming up biche or manzan
the residents of moruga are fully aware of this......

sam1978 wrote:I see pics all the time, plus I’m based in Deep South and have actually seen boatloads land with lots of them. Three weeks ago I actually saw customs and police arrest 24 in Penal that just landed and the villagers in the St they were coming through reported them. The coast Guard do not patrol for the main part and that’s my point. They’re not doing their jobs. Checks and balances have to be put in place. Kudos to the Govt on that achievement. It’s a start.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 20th, 2021, 7:43 pm

elec2020 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Kickstart wrote:

He's very smart bro, also an 'economist' lol

i am. so i don't waste my time talking to those who have clear agendas and not willing to accept facts that don't suit there motives. for example, did i not make u out a couple months ago that u only wanted lockdowns to be lifted so u could go back out and lime/party. you well cuss me up then. called me a virgin and all kinda things. individuals like u i ignore. case in point... since then i barely acknowledge your posts
What's your agenda?

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 20th, 2021, 7:47 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Noted

20201213_165422.jpg
Back pedal again as you did not know that Trinidad is not an oil & gas economy.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 7:52 pm

Elec rel toting feelings

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 8:00 pm

This is the reason I generally read and don’t get involved in discussions. I’m in Couva Hospital with nothing to do so I decided to join in. The mental issues are real out here. I don’t see how discussing something with people who have different views could ever be like this. That’s why the world has so many problems today. People are not normally adjusted and some can’t cope with the pressures of life, so they trigger.
Last edited by sam1978 on April 20th, 2021, 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 20th, 2021, 8:01 pm

What you all fail to realize is that whether the economy is diversified or not, ALL politicians always earn the salary, perks entertainment allowance and tax benefits so it dont affect them.
It's the small man does always have to pay when subsidies get cut or sharp drops in oil and gas are occurring. Rain sun or snow nothing affecting a dollar of their salary.
This is why I look forward to alot of them exiting this life the same way Frankie did.
On a chair by themselves leaving all the tax payers dollars behind in a bank account.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm

i thought the tuner sycophants does get a little change

wtf wrote:What you all fail to realize is that whether the economy is diversified or not, ALL politicians always earn the salary, perks entertainment allowance and tax benefits so it dont affect them.
It's the small man does always have to pay when subsidies get cut or sharp drops in oil and gas are occurring. Rain sun or snow nothing affecting a dollar of their salary.
This is why I look forward to alot of them exiting this life the same way Frankie did.
On a chair by themselves leaving all the tax payers dollars behind in a bank account.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 20th, 2021, 8:25 pm

sam1978 wrote:
adnj wrote:
sam1978 wrote:Let’s try again.

No diversification.
Low forex supply.
Influx of illegal immigrants.
Country finances in a bad shape.
Compound means increase or aggravate.

Which one is incorrect ? (without childish memes and attacks)

Aggravate? Aggregate, yes.

1B2FB6EB-F501-490F-B50A-DCFBF95AD720.jpeg
Dry wit evades you.Image

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » April 20th, 2021, 8:27 pm

Not really getting it though. Sorry.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » April 20th, 2021, 8:40 pm

sam1978 wrote:I see pics all the time, plus I’m based in Deep South and have actually seen boatloads land with lots of them. Three weeks ago I actually saw customs and police arrest 24 in Penal that just landed and the villagers in the St they were coming through reported them. The coast Guard do not patrol for the main part and that’s my point. They’re not doing their jobs. Checks and balances have to be put in place. Kudos to the Govt on that achievement. It’s a start.

Those who live in south knows exactly what's going on and the amount of Vene coming undetected day in day out by the boat load. When it now started I remember was $500US a head, not sure how much it is now. So money nice and everyone getting a lit cut. Hence it goes undetected.
To add to the burden, a lot of them coming in sick, no doubt they spreading Covid like wild fire. Cause when they land they all over Trinidad. Many of the ladies coming pregnant also.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 20th, 2021, 8:54 pm

Kickstart wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Noted

20201213_165422.jpg

This is not a backpedal. This is me pointing out your nonsense that forex problems is a fault of this govt when it clearly existed prior to them. Why don't you backpedal from that?

I actually ignored your secondary nonsense of trying to be exacting. Being a gas based economy is subsumed in the fact we are comprehensively an oil and gas economy. We do produce oil, we just produce more gas relative to oil. But every year we make a national budget estimate based on forecasted Brent index crude oil price and a Henry Hub gas price because we are an oil and gas economy and the fluctuation of both commodities determine the majority of our revenues.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » April 20th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Noted

20201213_165422.jpg

This is not a backpedal. This is me pointing out your nonsense that forex problems is a fault of this govt when it clearly existed prior to them. Why don't you backpedal from that?

I actually ignored your secondary nonsense of trying to be exacting. Being a gas based economy is subsumed in the fact we are comprehensively an oil and gas economy. We do produce oil, we just produce more gas relative to oil. But every year we make a national budget estimate based on forecasted Brent index crude oil price and a Henry Hub gas price because we are an oil and gas economy and the fluctuation of both commodities determine the majority of our revenues.
You failed to point out anything

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 20th, 2021, 11:00 pm

sam1978 wrote:This is the reason I generally read and don’t get involved in discussions. I’m in Couva Hospital with nothing to do so I decided to join in. The mental issues are real out here. I don’t see how discussing something with people who have different views could ever be like this. That’s why the world has so many problems today. People are not normally adjusted and some can’t cope with the pressures of life, so they trigger.

couva hospital u say? so what's the situation there? getting filled with covid patients?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”