punchin NOS

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby Cantmis » September 13th, 2022, 9:39 pm

Does he get compensated for acting ?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 13th, 2022, 10:12 pm

Cantmis wrote:Does he get compensated for acting ?

No, he gets compensated by exempting his properties from taxes.
He gets compensated by having his wife receive million dollar HDC and other contracts.
He gets compensated by having his son hired at CAL in a position, then promptly leave to pursue law, while still being paid by CAL.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 9:02 am

Cantmis wrote:Does he get compensated for acting ?
Yes he receives the difference in his salary and the PM salary along with the allowances of the position pro rated of course

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2022, 1:27 pm

Bar rat trying to take way steam...
Z(7).jpg

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby paid_influencer » September 14th, 2022, 5:40 pm

why are they so scared of philip

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 5:44 pm

paid_influencer wrote:why are they so scared of philip
He gets the job done with much less resources and showcases all their inefficiencies

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 14th, 2022, 5:58 pm

hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:why are they so scared of philip
He gets the job done with much less resources and showcases all their inefficiencies

lots of people doing that for donkey years now though. Inshan, Anil, Saaid, etc.

but what special about Philip. What makes him the half-syrian Jesus.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 15th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Duke now resign from the THA ....

Rowlee & the pnm fanatics jumping for joy

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 15th, 2022, 2:34 pm

death365 wrote:Duke now resign from the THA ....

Rowlee & the pnm fanatics jumping for joy

PNM 2025 is near.

Nobody listening

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 16th, 2022, 8:06 pm

Bring it on! JTUM dares Govt to take them to court

We are not to be bullied and frightened into a court in a process that is young that we still have discussions ensuing and the CPO is bullying his way, telling us he is going to carry us to court. We are not impressed about that at all, as a matter of fact, we are telling the CPO, Bring it on! I dare you, bring it on!” Richards said.

He added:

“Take the whole country to court, all the workers of Trinidad and Tobago, take them to court! Because if that is the Government’s rendition of managing an economy, well heaven help them. If the government wants to take T&T to court, if Dr Keith Rowley, Mr Imbert, the CPO, rendition of managing a good economy is by taking all of its citizens, all of the working class to court, well then let them bring it on!”

Richards, along with Leo Ramkissoon, president of Fire Officers' Association, handed over letters to the CPO’s office, officially stating their rejection of the 4 per cent officer, citing their reasons for doing so.

"The Prison Officers Association has always communicated to the CPO that what we want first and foremost is a negotiation that is not robbed of its integrity. Negotiation is an onward discussion between both parties and we will reach a point at some time where we agree and go forward. The CPO and by extension the government is robbing us of that sacred process,” Richards added.

JTUM president Ancel Roget, who was also present, added that the CPO and Government are bullying public servants and that they would not cave in to the bullying. He warned leaders of the protective services not to give in to the 4 per cent offer.

“It is not just that the offer is unfair, it is also disrespectful and the method by which they are approaching, is highly contemptuous and bullying. To accept 4 per cent will be a betrayal of the members. If anyone of these comrades of the leaderships of anyone of the protective services accepts 4 per cent it will be a betrayal of the trust and the confidence that the members reposed on them,” Roget said.

Richards informed that further action from the union members may come and they will make announcements accordingly.

“Our membership is getting angrier and angrier and they’re going to become less and less predictable and they’re going to take it into their own hands,” he said.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/bring-i ... 3d965d5d77

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 16th, 2022, 9:39 pm

All that ole talk and yuh still going and accept the 4% in the end. Waste of time and energy.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 19th, 2022, 6:32 am

UNC MP laments only 9 murders solved out of 400
Slow pace of justice

He said Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley sought to use the Judiciary as a “scapegoat” for the crime situation but there are factors that have resulted in this delay in justice.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

If the government cannot deal with crime then the government itself is part of the problem -Keith Christopher Rowley

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 21st, 2022, 6:28 pm

So a big building is on fire and the goodly fireman only has access to a powerwasher owned by a neighbor to fight the fire.

However, on independence day a big stinking water canon could be seen wasting water. Priorities!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 21st, 2022, 10:03 pm

hover11 wrote:UNC MP laments only 9 murders solved out of 400
Slow pace of justice

He said Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley sought to use the Judiciary as a “scapegoat” for the crime situation but there are factors that have resulted in this delay in justice.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

If the UNC, NAR or any other government cannot deal with crime then the government itself is part of the problem -Keith Christopher Rowley

Fixed for ya!

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 23rd, 2022, 11:31 am

So teachers resting and reflecting again for the budget. The union forcing the government hand.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 23rd, 2022, 11:33 am

cant vex wid dem cause come monday i betting imps gonna remove more of d gas subsidy which cause everything to go up again ...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2022, 3:20 pm

hover11 wrote:So teachers resting and reflecting again for the budget. The union forcing the government hand.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 26th, 2022, 8:00 pm

hover11 wrote:It matters not, the unions not backing down , the government has to choose whether they ready for a battle or whether political suicide is worth it.

That's the long and short of it. John public is the only one being inconvenienced when action taken , politicians remain unaffected.

BEND THE KNEE HOVER :lol:

PSA ready to sign off on Imbert's wage offer

INSISTING the figures given by Finance Minister Colm Imbert for the public-sector wage negotiations are “grossly inflated,” president of the Public Services Association (PSA) Leroy Baptiste said nevertheless, he is ready to sign off on what was offered on Monday.

“I have listened to the figures bandied about by the Ministry of Finance as it relates to the cost of settlement of negotiations. Let me be clear, I dispute those figures. Those figures are completely misleading. They are grossly inflated.”

But, Baptiste said, “The figures Imbert has touted as to what it would cost to settle negotiations with the PSA is an increase in the annual expenditure of $500 million and the total back pay to settle with my people is $2.4 billion up to June 2023. I am comfortable with that.

“Tell the Minister of Finance I want to sign that. Forget the four per cent offer. I want it in black and white.

“He says $500 million annual increase of expenditure – tick, I want that and I want $2.4 billion to settle arrears for the 15,000 public officers I represent.

“I would sit down and work out the formula, how that is to be distributed to my members, with the Chief Personnel Officer. Just let me sign.”

If Imbert read it into Monday’s budget, Baptiste said, “It means it is there for me. It is there for my members.”

In his seventh budget presentation on Monday, Imbert dubbed the PSA’s counter-offer unsustainable. unrealistic and equivalent to the annual national budget.

He said government’s four per cent offer, to settle negotiations from 2014-2019 for the mainstream public service, although challenging, is both practical and equitable.

He said it is the best Government can do at this time and it stands ready to make good on its offer once accepted. If trade unions, however, choose the Industrial Court approach, they would ask for these matters to be expedited.

Central to the efficient functioning of the public service, he pointed out, is the establishment of a fair and equitable compensation system for public-sector employees.

The approach to achieving this objective, he insisted, must be careful and consistent with the availability of resources.

“No responsible government can contemplate bankrupting the entire country simply to appease a portion of the labour force.”

The Amalgamated Workers Union has accepted the offer and Imbert is hopeful others will follow suit.

“It must be emphasised that the additional annual recurrent cost of our offer is approximately $500 million. It should be noted, if this offer is extended to the wider state sector, the additional cost will almost double to approximately $1 billion a year.

“The back pay that we have accrued to June 2023 from our offer, for just the mainstream public service, is $2.4 billion. This will increase to $4.6 billion if the entire state sector is included,” Imbert argueed.

As difficult as these amounts will be to accommodate, he gave a commitment to find the money and make the required payments promptly.

He warned, “Any more than this will wreck the economy, not just for the same public servants but for everyone else.

"By way of example, the counter-offer made by the PSA is unsustainable. The PSA has countered the four per cent with a demand for 19 per cent increase in salary for the three-year period 2014-2016. It is only one half of the period of our offer. If accepted this would cost $15.8 billion in arrears up to June 2023.

“The additional annual recurrent cost will be $1.8 billion.

"If the PSA offer is extended to the wider state sector, $30.3 billion in back pay would be required up to June 2023. The additional annual recurrent cost will be $3.4 billion.”

Imbert said these calculations do not take into account the second period of negotiations for 2017-2019, which if agreed to, could create a back-pay requirement of $50 billion, equivalent to the total national expenditure.

“Clearly these are not serious counter-proposals. They may sound good to encourage marches or threats, but I am certain the leaders know the facts, the reality and what is doable.

“It should be obvious that demands of this nature cannot be met. Anyone who believes that the country can afford this level of expenditure – $50 billion – they simply would not be realistic.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/09/26/psa-re ... age-offer/

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 26th, 2022, 8:01 pm

Told y'all this was going to happen eventually. You all and your unions beat up for absolutely nothing! :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 26th, 2022, 8:07 pm

the man say that the figures that imburt said that woudl cost the state to pay them, that imburt inflated those figures. so if imburt said them, he will accept them

he didnt say he going to accept the 4%. he said he woudl take the amount it woudl cost the state.

he was being witty.

4% NUTTING!!!!

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 27th, 2022, 5:00 am

Some ah allyuh really laughing at the unions being forced to take the 4%? U all in a different country?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2022, 5:27 am

The main thing is people want Change but they are not willing to fight for it.
But they will Rather go on social media and post about how things hard and wont do nothing. They rather laugh and mock ppl that trying to seek better.
If a person or group stand up and they request supporters most of all yuh saying yes and promising to help but when the day come to do it most wont come or help. The people who stand up are the ones to take the blame/backlash. Everybody just concerned about going to work and self development not knowing that 4 percent affects everyone, if public service is offered 4 percent , then private sector will simply use that as an excuse that they can't afford increases at this time based on the economy

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2022, 6:30 am

goalpost wrote:Some ah allyuh really laughing at the unions being forced to take the 4%? U all in a different country?
Why anytime it comes to giving citizens a fair wage it always "go break the bank", yet when the salaries of the government are fattened (to prevent corruption they say) and they are receiving their payments in cash, it doesn't.

One rule for massa, another for the slaves.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 27th, 2022, 7:37 am

goalpost wrote:Some ah allyuh really laughing at the unions being forced to take the 4%? U all in a different country?

looks like China and the CCP

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 27th, 2022, 9:37 am

Unions being forced to do something by the government just shows how weak unions have become over the decades.

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » September 27th, 2022, 9:45 am

The_Honourable wrote:

Unions being forced to do something by the government just shows how weak unions have become over the decades.

That’s a true statement. Apart from the infrequent strike I’m really not sure how unions have benefitted employees in recent times. Just look at Petrotrin as an example. Gone are the days of men like Uriah Butler.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 27th, 2022, 9:49 pm

hover11 wrote:
Why anytime it comes to giving citizens a fair wage it always "go break the bank", yet when the salaries of the government are fattened (to prevent corruption they say) and they are receiving their payments in cash, it doesn't.

One rule for massa, another for the slaves.

The public service needs to be run like a business. In business, you get rewarded with a salary increase for showing a measurable output, which in case of teachers is grades/passes/well rounded students.
I cannot tell you how many people have gotten laughed out of an office because their reasoning for an increase was' I here long time"

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 28th, 2022, 6:21 am

:agrue:
Attachments
IMG-20220928-WA0014.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”